PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the carded Red Battle Droid?

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 02:15 PM
Was the one we saw a custom?

Beast
12-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Nope, it's just not out in huge numbers. Mostly they are turning up overseas right now, so currently the best place to find them is Ebay. He should be shipping in the next Col. 2 case asst. from everything I've heard. By the way, he is on the checklist. Check again. :)

[#11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle (Cream) (C2)
[#11] Battle Droid: Arena Battle (Red) (C2)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 06:18 PM
Oh I see, I was thinking it was a higher # like 50+, So they are using the same card back like the Endor troop w/ and w/o goatee.

marcusfett
12-01-2002, 06:26 PM
There's not that many of him on eBay. And the ones that are have like outrageous 24.99 type prices.

Beast
12-01-2002, 06:28 PM
Yep, same card. They did change the picture insert inside the bubble on the front of the card. But, the card itself is exactly the same. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-01-2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by marcusfett
There's not that many of him on eBay. And the ones that are have like outrageous 24.99 type prices.
If you keep watching, I've seen them go for under $15.00. Which isn't horrible if you absolutly need one now. But they will be shipping soon here to the states. Patience is always a virtue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-01-2002, 06:42 PM
Theres no way E-bay is getting any of my $$. Those days are over. The Saga line has been pretty easy to get, if you don't mind driving 10-20 miles here or there. Oh a few good trading buddies always helps. I like the hunt anyways.

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 01:08 AM
Well, where are they??

Jargo
12-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Apparently the rehash Yoda and the destroyer droid are the final figures of the year. So that would mean no battle droids. Which would indicate perhaps that there's a wave due out in January that contains the battle droids? Jeez i hope so. I was looking forward to getting some and all we get is lame gimmicky destroyer droid and pathetic rehash Yoda. I was going to have a fun christmas break setting up a tonne of battle droids in the arena but now it's not even worth bothering to look at that set up. What with the shuttle delay and now this disappointment I'm gonna go off and cry me a river. Oh yeah not to mention no wave three star tours figures even. Now don't get me started on the star tours issue.....

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 11:08 AM
Hey, I'll help you cry your river!:crazed:

Banthaholic
12-07-2002, 08:31 PM
I'm glad that this figure variation will be easier to spot than the last one. It wa such a hassle pullin out every Endor soldier to see if he had a beard or not.
I hope these come out soon, my arena could use a few more red droids

ConvergeDW
12-08-2002, 12:47 PM
I saw one the other day at this import place, they usually get stuff early, but not too early, so I think we should see it fairly soon.