PDA

View Full Version : Are you stocking up on Star Wars now that bargains can be found?

Tycho
12-02-2002, 01:11 AM
There's no question that a lot of Star Wars product is flying off the shelves to become some lucky people's presents this winter!

How would you describe how your Star Wars shopping habit has changed recently?

What are you buying?

Let's discuss what kinds of bargains you've discovered.

2-1B
12-02-2002, 02:00 AM
I bought a bundle of figs at TRU for 2.99.

Yet I had to vote "NO" because they didn't have anything I wanted . . . I picked up Watto because for $3 he's not bad.

I wanted to take advantage of the deal for Toys For Tots so that's why I stocked up. It was easy enough to stock up on Jangos, Mauls, Royal Guards, Puhrs, characters that look neat and are hopefully cool to the kids. I figured I may as well brave the Saturday crowds to get as much as possible for my $$$.

jedi_mindtricks_yoda
12-02-2002, 07:39 AM
I was able to find a few figures that were price matched at Walmart with ToysRUs ad but did not have any luck at Kmart, they had the last 3 figures I needed and the manager said they no longer price matched. Now you would think with a company going bankrupt you would want all the sales you could get, but I did take advantage of their sale on legos but one get one 50% off. As for going to ToysRUs I would not be able to get into the store as crowded as the parking lot was.

Rogue II
12-02-2002, 08:25 AM
I did a little army building.

WOTC: 2 Royal Guards and a Stormtrooper Set
TRU: 1 Endor Soldier w/goatee (which is already in the process of being customized into a blonde variation)

I'm pretty much done buying figures this year once I find Ephant Mon.

marcusfett
12-02-2002, 09:31 AM
Well I got the Clone Trooper Pilot at TRU. I would rather have found a Ephant Mon, but wouldn't we all? :D

Dr Zoltar
12-02-2002, 10:24 AM
Whoo-hoo! $.49 Jar-Jar at Wizards of the Coast!

'Nuff said.

dr_evazan22
12-02-2002, 11:15 AM
I voted no, although I would have bought a few clone troopers/pilots had I seen them, to put in my Gunship.

Caeser, it was nice of you to remember the less fortunate over the Thanksgiving weekend.

dirtybones
12-02-2002, 12:46 PM
I'm finished for this year. Once I got my grubby hands on Ephant Mon that was it for me.

I went to the MALL OF AMERICA this weekend thinking that was going to be the place to find a mother load of SW goodies, wrong!

So much for "bigger is better"
:sur: :sur:

Val Da Car
12-02-2002, 01:24 PM
Army building sir....

need more battle droids.....KBToys does not pricematch which blows so I had to go online.

fine by me...they don't wont my $$$ either.....

Mandalorian Candidat
12-02-2002, 03:16 PM
I too didn't find anything new, unless you count the blond Peter Scolari Rebel Trooper. I was hoping to find an Ephant Mon or a couple more Clone Pilots at the TRU sale but there were none when the store opened (I was one of the first 30 people inside).

I was able to get my son a bunch of the first wave of figures that he doesn't have, like Ani and OB1, at a really great price. I also brought back in a slew of old receipts for price matching and ended up getting about $20 something back. I was also able to use some KB coupons at TRU for $3 off Hasbro SW stuff totaling $15 or more.

If my wife doesn't kill me now she will on the 25th. ;)

JewDiver
12-02-2002, 04:32 PM
What a joyous shopping day I had Friday !!!!!!!
6 (count them 6!!!) Ephant Mon. Two had damaged packaging, but for 3 bucks, what a great excuse to open them up. Also picked up 4 Gunship Clone Troopers. Also picked up the balance of the hack action figures that I would not spend $5.00 or above on IE Anakin, Padme, R2D2 and C3PO variations.

Happy Holidays to all !!!

P.S. FAO in NYC had a killer rack of Playskool SW toys. Picked up X-Wing and Naboo Fighter sets for my 2 year old. Great way to keep the kid off dad's stash.

OC47150
12-02-2002, 05:09 PM
With the $2.99 sales the different stores have had in the last month or so, I've filled in holes in my collection and done some army building, too. I plan to pick up more figures after the holidays, when places like Target will clearance stuff out.

7bombs
12-02-2002, 05:35 PM
I had a really nice week just prior to Thanksgiving until today. I got all 4 of the Target exclusives of their assessory packs. 1. Endor Victory 2. Hoth Survival 3. Arena Conflict 4. Death Star

Also got a clone trooper pilot, and left an extra one on the peg in front for all to see.

ysalamiri
12-02-2002, 06:13 PM
Found a slightly shelf worn Tarpels with Kaadu. Is that any good? I got it for 29.99:confused:

Turbowars
12-02-2002, 09:27 PM
Well I voted No, because I have almost everything. The only real score was a 12" Ki Adi for $4.99 and a Stormy 4 pack for $6.99 at WOTC. This wasn't because of the X-Mas sales, but is was a great deal. I just wish I could buy something on sale that I need. It would have been nice to get the 12" Zuckuss wave for a few bucks less.

JediTricks
12-02-2002, 11:42 PM
I voted NO because I'm fairly broke and the shelves seem extra bare of good new stuff around here now that these sales are hitting. Still haven't found deluxe clone, clone pilot, and Endor accessory set, and now with the holiday season putting extra shoppers into the mix, my chances of finding them seems to be circling the drain. If I thought I had any chance of finding some of this stuff, I'd be out there buying again, but alas it is not to be.

erlo9
12-02-2002, 11:47 PM
Didn't find any at TRU that I don't have 2 of. Except for the 12 inch figures, which I hope will go on sale soon. Especially the Luke on Tauntaun.

groundhog7s
12-03-2002, 12:00 AM
I voted yes. Friday morning I was at the local TRU and picked up 6 Gunship Pilots and 3 Ephant Mon's, all for $2.99 a piece. And the pilots look incredibly cool in the Gunship I got the weekend before for $12. I know I'm probably already hated (and this is just my first post).

short4astormtrooper
12-03-2002, 11:18 PM
I bought a few $3 figures, but the main item I picked up was the Gunship at Target for $30. I typically shy away from large vehicles (i prefer Action Fleet) but this one was a must get for the price- plus my son was practically daring me to buy it!

Ji'dai
12-04-2002, 04:55 PM
I voted no, since I didn't find anything on sale on Black Friday that I didn't already have. Of course, I didn't make it to TRU until after 10 AM that day, so all the $3 figures were pretty much picked through, but I did find 12" Dengar and Zuckuss. I passed on the Imperial Officer for now.

I did buy two LEGO Republic Gunships at Wal-Mart on clearance for $40 two weeks before Thanksgiving.

I finally found all of the Target Accessory Sets in Indianapolis the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. They had one Hoth left on the pegs, so I asked an associate and he brought out a case with two of each set. Woo-hoo!

Stopped by WM on Monday and saw lots of Clone Pilots, but I have yet to find the Holiday Edition, Ephant Mon, or another clean-shaven Endor soldier. Maybe this weekend...

TEE KAY-421
12-05-2002, 06:32 PM
I AM SO PROUD TO BE ONE OF THE EIGHT PEOPLE (SO FAR) WHO HAVE USED THE OPPORTUNITY TO SCORE INEXPENSIVE FIGURES AS A WAY TO SPREAD THE FORCE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

THIS WEEKEND I WAS ABLE TO BUY A TON OF FIGURES AT LOW LOW PRICES WHICH I INTEND TO DONATE AS GIFTS FOR LESS FORTUNATE CHILDREN.
AS A STROKE OF LUCK, I FOUND 7 SILVER R2 D2 FIGURES ON THE RACK. THEY EACH RANG UP FOR ONE CENT (7 CENTS AFTER TAX). I'M SURE THE CHILDREN WHO RECIEVE THEM WILL BE OVERJOYED. THE FORCE WAS WITH ME.

I WAS MORE THAN HAPPY TO GIVE THOSE TO NEEDY CHILDREN WHO WILL APPRECIATE THEM MORE THAN GREEDY SCALPERS WHO WILL ONLY EXPERIENCE THE JOY OF SELLING THEM TO COLLECTORS FOR INFLATED PRICES.

WHEN YOU GIVE STAR WARS FIGURES AS GIFTS, IT EXPOSES PEOPLE TO OUR HOBBY WHO MIGHT NOT OTHERWISE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EXPERIENCE THE ENJOYMENT WE GET FROM STAR WARS. AS A RESULT OUR HOBBY GROWS.

IN THIS DAY AND AGE, WHERE THE DARK SIDE IS SO STRONG, IT'S NICE TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE AT LEAST A FEW OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE GIVING FIGURES AS GIFTS THIS HOLIDAY SEASON.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

AdmiralPiett
12-07-2002, 12:40 PM
The best deals that I've found by far were at Wizards of the Coast. I bought a bunch of Battle droids for $1 each, Jedi Starfighter for $10, several stormtrooper builder sets for $7 each, Opee w/ Qui-Gon for $5, various other pegwarmers (E2 Jar Jar, E1 Mace, POTJ Han Solo, POTF2 Leia endor Celebration, etc.) ranging from $.50 to $3.00. I majorly expanded my armies for $150. All in all I think it was the greatest bargain of the season.
Piett

Val Da Car
12-07-2002, 12:54 PM
I just picked up 30 battle droids for $3.00 each for my droid army
at a sirstevesguide advertiser

Jedi Master Silas
12-10-2002, 06:52 PM
I voted no. We have everything thats been released so far except the TRU Luke Taun Taun 12 inch. I did pick up 3 extra clone pilots for 2.99 at TRU on black Friday.

otisdodge
12-14-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by groundhog7s
I voted yes. Friday morning I was at the local TRU and picked up 6 Gunship Pilots and 3 Ephant Mon's, all for $2.99 a piece. And the pilots look incredibly cool in the Gunship I got the weekend before for $12. I know I'm probably already hated (and this is just my first post).
Where did you get a Gunship for $12? I would by five at that price!

I voted no, because I am out of money and can't buy any more stuff. I probably should have voted yes because I have spent a bunch over the last month or so on bargain deals at Target, TRU and several online dealers. I was mostly army building. I got a ton of clones for 3 bucks from several retailers.

I also voted no because I don't need anything except the destroyer droid and council chair yoda.