PDA

View Full Version : Favorite "Extra" Jedi Figure?

JesusFreak
12-02-2002, 11:13 PM
What's your favorite non-important jedi figure?

Important:
Obi-Wan
Qui-Gon
Anakin
Yoda
Mace
Luke

Unimportant:
All the rest.

I can't really vote since currently I only own one, that's Luminara. She's great though!

LTBasker
12-02-2002, 11:17 PM
Anakin and Mace are important? :confused: :evil:

Well I'd say all the Jedi are important but my favorite background Jedi figures are Luminara, Nikto Jedi, Shaak Ti, Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi and I'm pretty sure I'll love the Aayla Secura figure. :D

Beast
12-02-2002, 11:26 PM
Gotta go with Luminara, right now. After we see pictures of Barriss Offee and the completed Aayla Secura, there may be a new winner. Judging by what we have seen of Aayla, she's kick-arse. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-03-2002, 01:09 AM
I like the Nikto Jedi figure:

He doesn't have a name that I'm aware of, so I can think up any story I want about him.

He can be posed so he does not look like he's so combat oriented, but rather like he's moving with stealth or concealing something, or even using the Jedi Mind Trick.

Kit Fisto is also pretty cool.

I've always liked SaeSee Tiin's design, but I don't think a figure of him yet has done him full justice. I want a SaeSee with a lot of articulation, but I don't want to see that happen in favor of getting any other never-made-before movie or EU figure I also want.

Eeth Koth, though POTJ, is also a great figure and I like his look.

Old Fossil
12-03-2002, 08:34 AM
Have to say Eeth Koth. Just another one-pose wonder, but it's a cool pose and I like the flowing Jedi robes and Koth's expression of... determination.

JEDIpartner
12-03-2002, 09:15 AM
I like Luminara Unduli, but I'd still like ANOTHER one that isn't such a drama queen! :mad:

InsaneJediGirl
12-03-2002, 09:47 AM
Luke isnt important,he just runs around and whines.:D

Luminara would have to be my favorite.I cant wait for Bariss and Aayla,hopefully they'll have more articulation.

JediCole
12-03-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
I like the Nikto Jedi figure:

He doesn't have a name that I'm aware of, so I can think up any story I want about him.

Tycho, I too like the Nikto Jedi, and I liked that he was surprisingly unnamed. However, it turns out that he does have a name. I will have to consult my trusty Star Wars Characters, Creatures, and Droids 2003 desk calendar tonight to recall the name, but he does appear therein and is given a proper name. I am surprised to find that Hasbro did not have that information or did and chose the generic "Nikto Jedi", given the name inflation that has set in over the years (i.e.; every single character has a propper name now).

As for the Jedi ranks released to date, I would have to go with Kit Fisto as a personal favorite. Not based solely on the figure, which is nice, but also on the look of the character. The earliest pictures I saw of the actor in costume did nothing for me. But seeing Kit on film with those bulbous black eyes and that almost maniacal grin on his face in battle, now that was something other than else!

SplFrcsCWO
12-03-2002, 12:09 PM
I agree- Kit is cool. I hope he gets more screen time.

Prince Xizor
12-03-2002, 12:15 PM
Plo Koon has to be my favorite. While the figure isn't all that great, I love his mask and eye covers. They give him a menacing look that not many Jedi have.

187-Maul
12-03-2002, 01:13 PM
I like all of teh jedis but my favorites are Luminara and Ki-Adi Mundi, but if I had to pick one, probably Luminara
I can't wait to see the pics of the new figs!

Darth Evil
12-03-2002, 01:44 PM
Either Luminara or Plo Koon.

Tycho
12-03-2002, 02:39 PM
In my arena battle scene, I did manage a very cool pose for Plo Koon: he is between 2 super battle droids who are fighting towards a gunship that's picking other Jedi up. His looks like he's doing a back-spin kick with his right hand using that Force blast effect to topple the droid in front on him (by hitting it in its back) while he's left-hand slicing the Super Droid behind him as he comes around for a finishing kick to get it out of his way!

I definitely under-rate Plo Koon.

Jargo
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Count Dooku. Well technically he's an ex-Jedi but he was still a Jedi and he's not that Important, only the henchman of the Dark lord. So I'm going to go with Dooku because he's bad to the bone dude. Plus he has a nicer saber and his cloak swishes in a satisfying way and he's an old man ushering in a rare era of equality for the aged in the star wars Universe - a shortlived era of equality but still there briefly nonetheless. And he has a nice speeder bike thing too. And a funky little ship that's environmentally friendly. And he's an excellent liar and scoundrel and cad and also a true gentlemans gentleman unlike that dumb clown Maul.
The rest of the real jedi are just too dull for words. With the exeption of Yoda but your listing precludes him. So if i had to pick a non major dull brown Jedi it'd probably be Pablo Jill because he's the ugliest mother* in the arena. :happy: