PDA

View Full Version : Jango Fett...Lost his Hand?

Darkross
12-03-2002, 10:47 AM
OK...

When I first saw AOTC (both times) in the theater...I thought that when Mace Windu is deflecting Jango's laser blasts, I thought that he cut Jango's hand off and the his head. But after watching the video several times since Nov 12, I played that scene frame by frame when I noticed Jango still had both of his hands attached when his headless body fell to the ground. So I ask...who here thought as I did...that Jango lost both his right hand and his head? The scene was so cool when I first saw it...and asuming the common theme in SW films was that at least one person / creature lost a limb (namely a right hand / arm) in each of the SW films (with the exception of TPM)...that Jango did indeed lose his right hand.

Anyone else get fooled?

kadamontaga
12-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Nope, I never thought that. That would be so much cooler though.
The Mace vs. Jango fight was such an anticlimax for me :(

Sith Lord 0498
12-03-2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it fooled me too.

As for no one losing a limb in TPM, Darkross, doesn't Darth Maul count? He lost the most of anyone so far---his whole upper body!!! Or his whole lower body...from a "certain point of view." ;)

Pendo
12-03-2002, 11:19 AM
I never thought it, but I know what you're talking about. I think Mace get's Jango's blaster, not his hand.

Zam was the character in AOTC who lost a arm, I LOVE that bit :D!

Talking about watching the DVD frame by frame, who here has watched Yoda kick Dooku's arse in slow-mo :D!!! Before I saw it in slow-mo I thought it looked fake, but after seeing it slow you can see the detail in every move and even tell that the lightsabers even hit eachother!!! :D I LOVE IT!

PENDO!

Rogue II
12-03-2002, 12:01 PM
I thought Mace got Jango's blaster as well.

Didn't Anakin lose a limb as well in ATOC?;)

And I believe a few battle droids were hacked to pieces by Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan:crazed:...I know, they're droids and don't count. It also wasn't a blatently obvious as Ponda Baba's, Luke's, Vader's, Zam's, and Anakin's. Hmmmm. Why is GL so obsessed with people losing their hands?

LTBasker
12-03-2002, 12:14 PM
Yeah I thought he lost his right hand just before his head. I still wish they had pulled the scene off better, I think they should've called in the F/X people for Sleepy Hollow when it came to that cause IIRC, Jango's headless body was just CGI and looked dissapointingly fake.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2002, 06:58 PM
Jango's head was computer-taken-off but the body was real the whole time. :)

187-Maul
12-06-2002, 07:50 AM
yep, JabbaJohnL is right, the same thing was said in the french lucasfilm mag..

there was also a pic of mace standing in the arena and jango kneeling in front of him (with bluescreen background), but that never hapeened in the movie...guess that's where hasbro got the idea to give FB jango knee-articulation

Jayspawn
12-06-2002, 10:49 AM
I knew it was just Jango's head from the beginning. But anyways, I thought the effect was awesome. Those ILM guys rule!

I've watched Yoda and Dooku's fight in slow-motion. And it's pretty neat. Master Yoda was really kicking butt!

Chiesa
12-10-2002, 03:41 AM
Highly reccomended! Watch the Yoda Dooku fight in slow MO. It really rules!

sith_killer_99
12-10-2002, 05:49 AM
Yeah, George FORGOT to have someone lose an arm/hand in TPM so he had to have 2 people lose arms in AOTC.

LOL:D

Darkross
12-10-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Yeah, George FORGOT to have someone lose an arm/hand in TPM so he had to have 2 people lose arms in AOTC.

LOL:D

Yes...that true! Well...the fact that GL seems to like people losing something in every movie...what will happen in Episode III? The only comparison I can see with AOTC, ANH, ESB, is that the person's who lost their limbs survived afterward. Vader losing his hand in ROTJ...died shortly after. Jango...well...self-explanitory...and Zam died at the hands of Jango. Maul same deal as Jango. So I wonder who if anyone will lose a limb(s) in Episode III?

mini-rock
12-11-2002, 12:06 AM
No, wasn't fooled, but man I love that scene. Right from where Mace blocks 6 laserblasts from Battledroids from all around him to when he looks down at Jango's fallen body. Gives me goose bumps.:)

scruffziller
12-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Heck I was fooled into thinking that Anikin lost his arm..............................................: zzz: .................................oh wait that metal arm wasn't his orignial arm!!!!!!!!:D :p ;)

sunblind
12-12-2002, 08:44 AM
I thought he lost his hand aswell.....hmmm...a possibly changed frame?

Jedi Learner
12-13-2002, 02:02 AM
No, even though it looks like he slashes Jango's hand in the process, Mace actually cuts Jango's blaster in two (a credit to his accuracy!) You can see the two halves of the gun on the ground as the body slumps down.

Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, that moment has overtones of the scene in ROTJ when Luke cuts Boba's rifle in half on the skiff. Very interesting . . .

mini-rock
12-13-2002, 01:00 PM
Yeah I thought about that connection too. I love it when those little things come together like that.:)

darthvyn
12-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Darkross
So I wonder who if anyone will lose a limb(s) in Episode III?

dooku, anyone???

and of course, anakin is gonna take quite a pounding... well, maybe, anyway...

SW_Loyalist
12-21-2002, 01:53 PM
To expand on Jedi Learner's information but on a different topic, Mace fully planned every move in his attack and knew that as he moved in and disarmed Jango that he was gonna die. With that, this whole notion that Dooku didn't plan on killing Anakin or Obi-Wan just because he disabled them first is a crock. If Yoda hadn't showed up he'd have finished the job just like Mace did, only Mace didn't savor what he was forced to do, while Dooku (like Mrs. Buttersworth) was taking his own sweet time. He was sadistic enough to want to drag out his opponents' deaths, not merciful enough to be sparing them as some have so badly misconstruded.

...but back on topic.

Anakin2121
01-21-2003, 06:13 PM
Sorry to revive an old thread, but...

-In the DVD, especially in slow-motion, you can clearly tell that Mace sliced Jango's pistol in two, then removed his head.

-In the droid factory, with the aid of slow-motion, one can tell that a great many Geonosians are gorily dismembered. :D One loses his left arm, one is cut at the waist Darth Maul-style, one loses a head, two are cut vertically from head to groin, and one has his wings cut off and then he falls onto the slot where a molten Super Battle Droiod torso would go and is squished by the pile driver. :D