PDA

View Full Version : Gunship or Arena?

tgr3328
12-03-2002, 04:20 PM
As you know, Target has both the Republic Gunship and the Geonosian Battle Arena on sale. I visited a nearby Target yesterday. They had lots of battle arenas, but no gunships. We opted for a raincheck on the gunship and hoped they would get more in soon. The gunship just looks more interesting and I think our son will have more fun with it.

What do you think? If you had to choose between the two, which is better, the gunship or the battle arena? :confused:

abell748
12-03-2002, 04:25 PM
my son likes the gunship more. he would rather fly it around then sit in one place and play with a playset.

tgr3328
12-03-2002, 04:28 PM
Yes, that's what I was thinking, but since I hadn't seen the battle arena out of the box, I wasn't sure. I don't think it comes with any extra figures. The gunship looks pretty awesome with guns and missles and places to carry troopers.

LTBasker
12-03-2002, 04:36 PM
The Gunship, definitely. The Arena sounds ok but think about it, with the Gunship it's like a whole fortress. You can put troopers on a deployable platform, there are moving cannons, firing missiles, manual-deploy bombs, a place to store a speederbike and even a handle on top to carry it by. :)

Jargo
12-03-2002, 04:42 PM
I haven't got my gunship yet, expecting it in a couple of weeks but I know which i'd buy for my Nephew, As far as durability and transportability and play options go I'd buy the gunship over the arena playset any day. The Gunship has missiles, grappling hooks, the pilots come with laser turrets that attach to the gunship and the deluxe clonetrooper's bike fits inside, it holds multiple figures and has a detachable troop platform and a small storage space provided for guns. It has a large cary handle on top for small hands to grab firm hold of and fly it around into battle with the cat or whatever.

The arena has a large chunk of dull brown plastic wall. Two doors and a balcony. It has two break apart pillars... it has a retractable walkway that leads nowhere...... it has a thing with a big lever on it at both ends...... it just sits there. it has no missiles. it has a cardboard extension with printed scenes from Geonosis......

The gunship will carry Jedi figures and clonetrooper figures and has enough firepower to knock down a droid army. The gunship is cool.

The arena is seriously not cool and with that balcony seems a little like a dollshouse. My Nephew, being six and more like Calvin without Hobbes than i care to admit, would turn his nose up at anything he thought would interest girls. I say go for the gunship. :)

aharry
12-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Gunship. Nuff said.

Turbowars
12-03-2002, 10:30 PM
Yeah The Gunship all the way. You don't want your kid playing with a playset that looks like a huge dog turd do you? Shame on Hasbro to even think about this, this THING.

Jayspawn
12-04-2002, 12:15 AM
The Gunship! One of the best Hasbro toys ever. And it's more fun to play with.

Jedi Master Silas
12-04-2002, 07:12 AM
GUNSHIP! GUNSHIP!! GUNSHIP!!! :crazed:

JEDIpartner
12-04-2002, 07:25 AM
I have them both and, while I like them both equally, I would choose the gunship over the arena. That's IF I had to make a choice. Since I didn't... I'm fine. :happy:

Jedi Drew
12-04-2002, 09:42 AM
GUNSHIP!!!! My two yr. old niece even likes it. :sur: :sur: Most of the time all she wants is Dora the explorer toys.