PDA

View Full Version : scale?



Capitan_Moroni
12-03-2002, 04:32 PM
Can sombody please post pics of the Star Tours figures next to some of the regular figures? Please post them loose if possible.

stillakid
12-16-2002, 02:18 PM
As you can see, next to the Naboo Escape R2, these things are pretty tiny. But the detail is pretty impressive for micromachines.

stillakid
12-16-2002, 02:20 PM
.






Ha ha ha. I crack myself up.:rolleyes:


Thanks to Interactive R2 for helping out with that little bit of hijinx.:crazed:


No, really, here they are next to a couple of the newer figures that need no introduction.

Capitan_Moroni
12-16-2002, 06:54 PM
thanks for posting that Stillakid. I went to Disneyland this past week and picked these guys up. How in the world did you get your G2-4T to stand up?? mine wont for anything.
I like all the figures except for DL-X2 (what a peice of junk...1 point of articulation!)

stillakid
12-16-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni
thanks for posting that Stillakid. I went to Disneyland this past week and picked these guys up. How in the world did you get your G2-4T to stand up?? mine wont for anything.

Sure. I don't know. I just put him down and he stayed that way. :)



Originally posted by Capitan_Moroni

I like all the figures except for DL-X2 (what a peice of junk...1 point of articulation!)

Yeah, but he'll make .5 past lightspeed, kid. He may not look like much, but he's got it where it counts.

JediTricks
12-17-2002, 12:04 AM
I didn't know Rex and the G2 droid were so out of scale. Won't stop me from buying them, but it is weird, I mean you stand or sit right next to them in the ride and the queue, G2 is on a friggin' platform and still not as tall as you, and Rex isn't much taller than that.

stillakid
12-17-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I didn't know Rex and the G2 droid were so out of scale. Won't stop me from buying them, but it is weird, I mean you stand or sit right next to them in the ride and the queue, G2 is on a friggin' platform and still not as tall as you, and Rex isn't much taller than that.

I haven't been on the ride itself yet. When the next wave is released I'll make it a point to do it then.

Turbowars
12-17-2002, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
I haven't been on the ride itself yet. When the next wave is released I'll make it a point to do it then. Wait a minute here! You mean to tell us that you live in LA CA and haven't been on Star Tours???? Shame on you! You have kids right? Thats another reason you should have been on it, unless your kids are stillababbies.;)

JediTricks
12-17-2002, 08:07 PM
I look at it a little differently: "You're a Star Wars fan and you haven't been on Star Tours?!?" ;)

Turbowars
12-17-2002, 08:10 PM
Ummm thats pretty much what I meant, from Obi's point of view. :)

stillakid
12-17-2002, 10:18 PM
Er, uh...I've been, um, busy. That's it. Yeah, busy. :sur:


That's partly true, anyway. We moved out here in '92. I didn't have much desire to visit Disneyland anyway. The first kid showed up in '95. It seemed silly to go until he was old enough. Then the second in '98. Again, it seemed silly to go until she was old enough to appreciate it (especially at those prices :eek: )

But he hasn't been deprived. A friend of his was going so he went with their family. My wife went with her students on a schooltrip.

I just recently got an employee pass because of some of the freelance work I've been doing, which is how I got in to get the first wave of figs. I was going to hop on the ride at that time, but it was getting late in the day and I had to get back to the Valley before traffic really kicked in.

But on Wave 2, I'll make it a point to ride it! :) Any other ride recommendations before I go again?

Turbowars
12-17-2002, 10:49 PM
Well, I'll tell you this, SPACE MOUNTIAN is a hell of a lot better than Star Tours. Star Tours is a ride that everyone should do, but it's way out dated. It sure would be cool if they would redue it. I'm not saying it bad, but I've been no better. If you like roller coasters you will love SPACE MOUNTIAN!

Capitan_Moroni
12-18-2002, 04:41 PM
If you go to California adventure, go on Soarin over California, that ride kicks! you also need to check out the screamer if you go there. Indiana jones is a really fun ride in Disneyland as is The Haunted mansion if you go at Christmas time.

JediDBM
01-05-2003, 05:14 PM
StillAKid, you have some figures I have never seen before, are they part of the next wave of figures coming out? I.E. the droid standing next to R2D2.

JediDBM
01-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Guess I am NOT the collector I thought I was, I have seen many things this last week, that I didnt even know was out there.

Turbowars
01-05-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by JediDBM
StillAKid, you have some figures I have never seen before, are they part of the next wave of figures coming out? I.E. the droid standing next to R2D2. JediDBM, thats not R2-D2, that's clear dome R3-D3 and the one next to him is R4-M9. Hey, don't worry about not know everything, just ask.

stillakid
01-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by JediDBM
StillAKid, you have some figures I have never seen before, are they part of the next wave of figures coming out? I.E. the droid standing next to R2D2.

All the figures in the picture are Star Tours, except for Padme and Palpatine. The little ship in the front is one of those "pull back and let it go" toys that resembles the ship you sit in for the ride.

JediTricks
01-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
The little ship in the front is one of those "pull back and let it go" toys that resembles the ship you sit in for the ride. The Starspeeder 3000. The pull-back is pretty accurate except for weathering, the wheels (obviously), and the center "vane" thing which is longer on the real mccoy. I opened up one of my pull-backs and removed the wheels, it looks fantastic.

JediDBM
01-08-2003, 11:05 AM
thanks for the info all

OzOtter
02-03-2003, 05:15 PM
How long will Disney have these figures?

Is it something they intend to have for a while, or is it on a production schedule like the rest of the figs produced by Hasbro?

Turbowars
02-03-2003, 05:20 PM
probably so, but Disney doesn't seem to sell their figures very well at 10.00 bucks a pop, so they might be a round for a while