PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart: now with 5 star wars figures

Darth Detori
12-03-2002, 08:04 PM
So I've been going about my usual hunting exploits, and I've gone to maybe three different wal-marts in my area- every one of them has two pegs of star wars figures! THAT'S IT
now I'm aware of the sending back of 15 figures, but still- two pegs?!? during CHRISTMAS SEASON!?!?
am I looking in the wrong place? did they relocate all the star wars stuff? Or have they been eaten up by Harry Potter and The Two Towers (by the way, if you see Sauron- GET HIM. he rocks)?

Beast
12-03-2002, 08:18 PM
It's because they are getting in new figures, so when they do come in they go right out again. I've seen the same thing around here. One day, a few figures. The next day, racks and racks of new figures. A day or so later, they all are gone again. Just give your store a bit of time to restock. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Prince Xizor
12-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Gee I wish my Walmarts only got in new figures. The ones I have been to only have Vaders and Pilot Obi's. A few Lott Dodds and Wattos here and there, but that's about all.

BoShek
12-03-2002, 09:44 PM
Don't feel bad, my Wal Mart has had NO figures at all. They had a case out for the release of the video/DVD but they sold in a week.

All they have are cantina packs (waiting for those to go on sale), Unleashed (waiting for Padme to go on sale :crazed: ) and a few action fleets.

aharry
12-03-2002, 10:12 PM
All the Waldos here in Tampa, FL that I have stopped by have the same old peggers with an exception here or there of some of the more frequent figures from the latest waves. However, they still have 12 to 15 pegs available for the figures but the number of figures are low. I don't think they have been restocking lately here in anticipation of new stuff. Let's hope, I want my Ephant Mon.

Turbowars
12-03-2002, 10:36 PM
around here my WM has a huge area for SW, with about 20 pegs for 3.75" figures, but you know what? There's not one figure to be found and it's been this way since the recall or what ever you want to call it.

Darth Narcis
12-03-2002, 10:45 PM
My WM usually doesn't have a damn thing, but today I found 3 Clone Pilots... it was the first time in the entire saga line that I have found something at my Wal-Mart that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Jayspawn
12-04-2002, 12:13 AM
Most all of my Wal-Marts have Dexter, Mace, Pilot Obi-Wan, and Jango Final Battle. Thats it.

Jedi Master Silas
12-04-2002, 07:08 AM
Our Wally World pegs have been empty for the past 2 weeks even through Black Friday. I dont know whats up with that.

OC47150
12-04-2002, 07:36 AM
Of the two WMs in my immediate area, one has condensed its SW area to just three rows of pegs (three wide and three down), making room for Harry and Two Towers stuff. The other WM's SW section hasn't changed.

Sentinel18725
12-04-2002, 08:17 AM
All St. Louis Wal Marts are down to like five figures also!

Old Fossil
12-04-2002, 08:23 AM
Since the Great Figure Purge my WM has only restocked with 1 case, the Lott Dodd wave, which sold over the course of a week or so. The pegs remain only half full, mostly of old figures like young Boba Fett and Jango Kamino Escape.

They DID finally get some Two Towers figures, though. Nice!

JEDIpartner
12-04-2002, 08:45 AM
Two Towers... now THOSE toys aren't for kids!

I can't say that I've had the displeasure of going out to the retail outlets since I got the TRU silve Artoo. I just glad to hear that, even though the section shrank, things are really moving!

The local news interviewed a toy manager for a local W*M about a week ago. They asked him what the two biggest sellers were so far in the season. His reply: "Definitely Star Wars and Harry Potter..."

Jedi Drew
12-04-2002, 08:55 AM
I was at one of two Wally Worlds in my area and they still had a big section for SW BUT....only maybe 17 or so figures on the pegs. There is a WM over on the eastside of Cleveland that doesn't even carry SW. I guess it may depend on the store sales:confused: :confused:

JEDIpartner
12-04-2002, 09:15 AM
:eek: :confused: :( :cry:

...that's all she wrote about that eastside store!

marcusfett
12-04-2002, 09:29 AM
I think it's good that they've cut down. Hopefully that means they will recieve more new stuff instead of keeping the pegs warm.

tgr3328
12-04-2002, 09:55 AM
Its the same story here North of Houston, Texas. I asked if they were getting in any more and they told me "no". Perhaps that is the official answer for an collector's item like this, but who knows. Its has been rather sad.

Dr Zoltar
12-04-2002, 03:21 PM
In the south Seattle area, all toys stores have cut back -- Wal-Mart, Kay-Bee, Toys R US, K-Mart, Target, even the locally owned Fred Meyers. Nothing new has been stocked in the past 3 weeks except the Target exclusive assessory packs. Most of those stores barely have a section 2 figures wide dedicated to Star Wars.

My guess is that they don't want to stock the new Star Wars stuff until after the holidays (and the sales) in hopes that someone will buy the old stuff if they get desparate for a present.

Wolfwood319
12-04-2002, 03:32 PM
There are 2 wal-marts near me that have no figures on the pegs at all. They haven't had them for about a month now. The place where they had figures are now occupied by Harry Potter figs. The only thing that they have left are scattered old 12'' figs, and some games of sorts.

The biggest injustice though is that my wal-marts still don't have TT figs!!!:frus: I've waited patiently for Treebeard and Sauron for close to 4 weeks now, and I'm not happy...

OC47150
12-04-2002, 03:34 PM
While out doing some Christmas shopping last night, I stopped at both WM and Target. WM had a bigger selection of figures than Target but at both places, it was mostly figures (Jar Jar, 3PO) that had been handing around for some time. The newer figures had been picked through.

InsaneJediGirl
12-05-2002, 08:38 AM
Somehow,W*M near me made a entire isle of SW toys
into a 4 Peg section near Harry Potter.I havent seen anything past Anakin(Tatooine Attack) and Padme Pilot.

No TT figures either.Seems they just dragged a bunch of FOTR items out of the back
and stuck a "new item" sticker on the peg.:rolleyes:

Jedi Drew
12-05-2002, 11:09 AM
This may be getting bad for the SW line, If all you put out durring "Prime Shopping Season" is Harry Potter, TLOR, ect. Maybe Hasblah thew in the towel???? We will see.....:eek: :eek: :eek:

LTBasker
12-05-2002, 02:15 PM
One Wal-Mart I went to a few weeks ago that's a Supercenter which has been around for awhile had only TWO pegs for basic figures and both were dead empty. The rest of the stuff they had were usual stuff like the Cantina sets, Deluxe Dooku, Jango, Obi and the Nexu with the only other figures there being the Holiday Edition R2 and 3PO.

New figures are having trouble showing up here too, the local Wal-Mart has at least 12 pegs for basic figures and each time they only get about one or two cases of stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-05-2002, 06:43 PM
Today my Target only had 2 Orns, but a ****load of Action Fleet packs, accessory sets, and Flying Geonosians/Flipping Anakins. Maybe they'll finally get in some new stuff . . .

Dar' Argol
12-05-2002, 11:07 PM
Can never resist a WM thread:D

Here's what's suposse to happen. The Counter that SW and HP sit on is suppose to be 8' of SW and 16' of HP, since that's the latest movie to release.

Here's what's actually happening. The Dept Managers are seeing TONS of HP stuff coming in, and little to no SW stuff. So rather then have empty sections, and with X-Mas upon us, they decide to condense the SW stuff down and fill the other area up with HP stuff. Less in the back room and no empty shelves, whic every Store Manager hates!

So now why is WM not getting any stuff??? Well . . . . . ummm . . . . . I have no idea. Hasbro is the ones who are not sending the stuff. My store just last week got in 1 case of the Ephant Mon case . . . . Just 1. I was lucky enough that before I left there was still 1 Ephant Mon sitting out there. Now its on layaway with the rest of my figs that I cannot afford right now:(. But that is what is happening. Just thought I'd keep you guys and gals informed:D

Old Fossil
12-05-2002, 11:16 PM
WELL, my WM now has 6 pegs loaded down with Two Towers figures, wedged between those accursed Harry Potter toys and SW. Sadly, no Sauron around, and still no new Star Wars figs.

Hasbro, I shall bear thee away to the houses of lamentation,
where thy shrivelled mind will be left naked to the lidless Eye.

Or something like that.

stillakid
12-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Ha ha, mine had your's beat. This morning they had 6, count 'em, SIX, figures on the pegs. Five were Padme and the sixth was a Endor soldier.

Has anyone told them that they should stock up for Christmas? Just a thought. :rolleyes:

2-1B
12-06-2002, 01:18 AM
I'm really tired of Wal-Mart, that chain just seems to be getting way too dumpy. Almost trashy.
It's not so bad if that's the only place I go . . . but if I hit it in the same day as Target and a few other stores, I just can't help but feel kinda disgusted being there.

The SW displays around here are still pretty large, there's just not any new product. Well, except for those character collectibles. :rolleyes:

The nearest store has the main aisle display, plus another set of pegs 2 aisles inward . . . a few days ago I managed to scrounge up a pair of Yellow Clones but that's the only new find I've made there in well over a month. :dead:

stillakid
12-06-2002, 10:12 AM
The only reason I head to Walmart anymore is in the event of an exclusive...not that I can ever find the exclusive there.:rolleyes: That's just silly optimism on my part.

Turbowars
12-06-2002, 10:24 AM
I agree Kid. On my way home from work (lancaster to Burbank) I stop almost everyday just in case I miss an exclusive. Right now there's NO 3.75" figures to be found, not even a JarJar. They do have many 12" Zuckuss wave and those crappy 10" vinyl things at the WM in Lancaster.

OC47150
12-06-2002, 10:41 AM
I know this is OT but are the vinyl figures a WM exclusive? WM is the only place I've seen them, and I've thought about picking up one or two after the holidays.

Turbowars
12-06-2002, 10:44 AM
It seems that way, but I wouldn't waste my money on these crappy rejects. Have you really looked at them? The box looks better than the figures!

tgr3328
12-06-2002, 11:13 AM
I keep going into Walmart hoping they will have something new, but they haven't for quite some time. Kinda sad. We're like gamblers knowing that the chances of a payoff are slim, yet driven on by the prospect of one nonetheless.

Darth Detori
12-06-2002, 09:15 PM
Wal-Mart: nowhere else will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villianry.

QLD
12-06-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
Wal-Mart: nowhere else will you find a more wretched hive of scum and villianry.

Ahem....try looking at Best Buy.

Darth Detori
12-06-2002, 10:00 PM
you kidding? in Best Buy you don't have to contend with purple sweatpants-wearing, overloaded-with-cream-of-wheat cart-pushing, grandma's being followed by her still-in-the-80's daughter with her 18 children wearing those annoying flashing shoes, all wandering aimlessly, walking into people.
The other day I was at wal-mart, and I was walking down one of the main isles (the end-caps); there was a cart next a display thing and this woman clearly saw I was going to walk through the cart-sized gap. I mean we made eye contact and my pace was quite steady. So there I go to walk onwards, and she keeps going forwards- AND STOPS! ENTIRELY blocking the path, forcing me and others to walk all the way around the isle. Why? Because her husband, an isle back, had to carry on a conversation with her. Did she move her cart back at all to let me through? Did she even remotely acknowledge her disregard for others? Did she park her cart off to the side of an isle? no.

See that's what I'm talking about. People at Best Buy around here have the curteousy to move out of other people's way, and to say excuse me when entering someone's line of sight. It's kind of like how when you're walking out of Barnes and Noble, you always hold the door for people coming in. It's just kind of expected.

QLD
12-06-2002, 10:11 PM
I was referring to the Employees, and the store itself in general.

Turbowars
12-06-2002, 10:24 PM
The story you told Darth Detori is something that happens everyday in every store in LA Southern Cal. People are rude and customer serice don't exist.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-06-2002, 10:43 PM
I only check one Wal-Mart regularly, and they are down to about 10 pegs or so of figures, which seems like a miracle considering how much they had a month ago.

The only problem though is the selection of the figures. They seems to have 4 or maybe 5 at the most of different figures. A lot of Jangos, Mauls, Jedi Obis, a couple others, and not much of anything else.

Dr Zoltar
12-07-2002, 12:25 AM
I have to agree with Darth Detori. Wal-Mart does tend to attract those in the community who are "socially challenged". Just checked the local store today, and they were down to a total of 6 basic figures -- all old. The only new stuff was the new wave of 12" figures, which I'm not into. I bet the store is wondering what to do with the 100+ plastic blue light sabers no one is buying. Those were all crammed onto the shelf below the figures.

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
I have to agree with Darth Detori. Wal-Mart does tend to attract those in the community who are "socially challenged".

Yes I agree. I would go one step further and say life challenged. The greeter says the strangest things. Sometimes they say "Hi,Thank You, welcome" real fast all in one sentice, like they read my mind that I replied to them.