PDA

View Full Version : I'm Looking for Tomart's #105 Boba Fett Pic

Banthaholic
12-03-2002, 09:57 PM
According to the article on the front page

"Hellraiser and a Spawn price guide are the featured stories. On the Star Wars front, only a few new figures, now in stores are featured as well as a couple sneak peek shots of new 3 3/4" figures, including Boba Fett and Anakin Skywalker!"

Does any one have a scan of the new Boba Fett?

Beast
12-03-2002, 10:01 PM
I haven't seen scans posted anywhere yet, sadly. I've been checking all the major and minor collecting websites. I hope that someone will post them up soon. Or that Hasbro will update like the planned and show the new pictures. May wanna edit the thread title. It makes it sound like you have it, and that could lead to flames. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
12-03-2002, 10:13 PM
There hope that's better.
I forget these things sometimes...

Prince Xizor
12-03-2002, 10:15 PM
Damn IT! You had be going, I thought you had the pics. I got all excited, jumped up and down like a little girl then had my hopes and dreams crushed!

I'm going to go cry in a corner now.:cry:

Beast
12-04-2002, 02:41 PM
No pictures posted anywhere yet. But someone over at Scum posted a description of the two figures. Hopefully it satisfies until someone can get pictures up of these two. They both sound really really nice though. :)

Anakin finaly comes with a removable cloak. ( It's about time Hasbro! ) and looks like it may have an interchangeable mechanical hand. He looks like he features 7 points of articulation. Legs, Arms, Hip, Shoulders, Neck, and removable Right Arm. He comes with a Blue lightsaber with a blast deflection bolt. I would say if he comes with both a mechanical hand and flesh hand this is the definative AOTC Anakin.

Now on to Boba Fett. It appears the figure features 9 points of articulation. Knees, Legs, arms, Swiveling elbows, and neck. It is unclear in the photo if the hip is articulated. He comes with his Blaster Rifle as seen in TESB and ROTJ with Blaster fire effect. He also comes with simulated thrust from his jet pack that looks like it will double as a base. In my opinion a great improvement over the weak thrust affects that came with the Kamino Escape Jango. If these figures are any indication of whats instore for us in 2003 it is going to be one hell of a year.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 02:49 PM
damn, those descriptions sure sound sweet!
does really nobody here have the mag and a scanner? we're really desperate to see it:) !

The Overlord Returns
12-04-2002, 02:57 PM
why not just go buy the Mag??

JediCole
12-04-2002, 03:09 PM
The Tomarts shipped to comic shops to arrive today (Wednesday), so posts should be forthcoming. I believe I have one coming in with my shipment today, if so I would be happy to send scans out to any who need them.

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 03:16 PM
well, I live in france, europe and as you can imagine it is kinda hard here to get american toy magazines, especially at the same time as in the US

Beast
12-04-2002, 03:17 PM
Why not just post them here in thr forums, JediCole. Saves a step of E-Mailing them out, and then having someone come post them up? Just a thought. The Anakin and Boba sounds sweet. Hopefully they hid Boba's quickdraw button in his rocketpack, just like Pilot Jango. Doesn't hurt the sculpt that way. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 05:16 PM
Wow!!!!!! This Anakin sounds FANTASTIC! I think this will be the definitive Anakin Skywalker... even better than Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack Dare I say it :)

I like the fact that it has a cloak, I wonder if it's plastic like POTF 2 Luke Jedi.. cloth like Obi Wan Kenobi Jedi Starfighter Pilot :confused: :)

I definitely like the fact that it has an interchangeable arm too, as soon as I saw the movie, I knew I wanted an Anakin Skywalker - Droid Factory figure.. sounds like this could be it!
What is the figure called "Anakin Skywalker - Naboo Wedding"? :confused: :)

I hope it doesn't have a weird face sculpt, they've been great on Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack, I'm VERY hopeful after seeing Hasbro's latest efforts, the new Padme Amidala - Droid Factory.
Wow, I can't wait to see the picture of this new Anakin, I hoped we'd see it today :(

The new Boba Fett sounds cool too... I doubt it'll beat 300th Boba but with the way the saga line is going, I wouldn't be surprised :D :crazed:

plo-koon
12-04-2002, 07:58 PM
I am the one that posted the Figure descriptions on Scum.

To answer a couple of questions. The Cloak on Anakin is sculpted plastic not Cloth like pilot Obi-Wan. And His face has a neutral expresion on it. I think you will all be pleased with the Pics when you finaly see them. I can't believe nobody's scanned these pic's yet. I can't be the only person that bought this Mag today.

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by plo-koon
I am the one that posted the Figure descriptions on Scum.

To answer a couple of questions. The Cloak on Anakin is sculpted plastic not Cloth like pilot Obi-Wan. And His face has a neutral expresion on it. I think you will all be pleased with the Pics when you finaly see them. I can't believe nobody's scanned these pic's yet. I can't be the only person that bought this Mag today.

Wow, thanks for the description, is the figure more like Hangar Duel or Tatooine Attack? thanks :)

amidalak
12-04-2002, 09:33 PM
one of the dudes from a listserv i'm on just posted the pic to his site. don't know the etiquette for this, here's the link to his site:

Link removed for copyright infringement

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 09:43 PM
WOW, That Anakin Skywalker figure looks AMAZING!!!!!! :D:D:D:D They've really got the cloak just right and the sculpt looks awesome, I think this will be the best Anakin Skywalker yet... "even more powerful than Master Yoda" :)

It's awesome that it can be made into a neutral looking Anakin too, wow, Hasbro have made me very excited :D :crazed:
Is this the Anakin Skywalker that everyone has been crying out for? :confused: :)

I think the Boba Fett looks cool, it's not as good as the 300th Boba Fett though, although it looks like it'll be a better figure to play with as 300th Boba Fett is more of a statue :)

Another fine job Hasbro... now just give us an awesome Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight figure & we'll LOVE you forever :kiss: :crazed: :D

Princess_Leila
12-04-2002, 09:51 PM
That new Boba Fett is SOOOOO bad! They just repainted the 300th Fett, leaving out the detail in the weathering! He doesn't even have his ROTJ rifle! This is such a disapoit=ntment, considering that they could easily have used the Jango Fett amazing torso, head and arm sculpts. I have been waiting for this figure for so long, and now this? Such a disapointment. Hasbro is lucky I am in my AOTC mood now.

Anakin rocks though! The cloak doesn't look bad at all, although a bit too light in color. (Nothing a little acrylic paint won't fix!) The pose is great, and he has the mechanical hand. You could somehow use him for the factory scene I guess. I wish the arm was removable with a magnet, so that we could swap the HD arm with it! Anyway, it is simply amazing. I'm very happy with this figure. Again, AOTC is number one in my mind now, so I'll even forgive that crappy Fett because of this little wonder.

This, of course, as long as they remake ROTJ Fett someday.

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 09:57 PM
ahh I bet they'll look slightly different, I know that Anakin will have the metal lightsaber and his cloak might be darker.
As for Boba Fett, I won't be buying this one... it's pretty cool but it's nowhere near as good as 300th Boba Fett, Hasbro will never top that one :)
As for Anakin Skywalker, he's my fave character and I love Hangar Duel and Tatooine Attack and I think this figure will top both of them, it looks awesome but I'll only be able to tell when I get a few of the new one :)

LTBasker
12-04-2002, 10:09 PM
The Boba I don't think is a repainted 300th Fett. He's too repositioned and has better detail. I think the main reason he looks like that is because the 300th Fett was so detailed it's just hard for them to differ that much when you keep the same detail quality there. However the blast effect is exaggerated just like it was with the Preview Clone Trooper and Preview Zam's effects, along with the fire effect which looks like crap because never did that pack have that big of a blast. I REALLY hope that is removeable. One other thing about him is even though he's "Boba Fett (Jabba's Palace)" the quick draw appears to be from the Skiff scene. Difference being - for those who don't remember - he drew it straight forward in the Skiff scene but in a sniper pose in Jabba's Palace so really it should be "Boba Fett (Sarlacc Battle)". Of course I guess he could be possibly articulated to hold it in the sniper pose and in the pointing straightout way, I dunno, I hope we get better pics soon.

Anakin's nothing to gloat about either, looks like they just laid some sculpey on him and them baked it in some flowing action thing. Glad it's supposed to be removeable. At least now we know how it was fully kept a secret, he went Tusken Massacre on the minister!

Jargo
12-04-2002, 10:37 PM
Very colorful isn't he? No, i'm glad there's finally a rocketman Boba with fine detail and scale. The blast effect isn't necessary for enjoyment and I'll buy it if i can find it. Anakin seems a little... I don't know what. The metal hand seems really small in that pic. Looks more like he's auditioning for LOTR. Maybe pics nearer relese will make him look better but at least he isn't grimacing with constipation pain. The underlying sculpt seems okay though. Perhaps he looks nicer unrobed.... oh, that did not sound good. I meant without his Jedi cloak but you knew that right? Right? :sur:

Anyways, Boba could prove to be a lot nicer than he seems at first glance despite the gimmick thing with his arms. I'll wait and see. Neither of these figures are sitting high on my want list but neither are as bad as the clone boy shown earlier today. Yeesh that's an ugly figure. I feel sorry for little Daniel logan having to suffer two ugly incarnations of himself in such a short space of time. That's a strange legacy for him to leave for his grandchildren.

Prince Xizor
12-04-2002, 10:49 PM
First Off, I love that Fett Stand/Blast-Off Effect. I know its exagerated, but it's supposed to be and I think it's cool as hell. As long as the articulation on the figure is decent, this will be high on my want list.

Anakin is kind of a differant story. I like the body sculpt and the cloak, but the face sculpt seems a bit if-y. Maybe a head swap with the TA Anakin would make the best one over all.

Banthaholic
12-04-2002, 11:41 PM
The new Anakin rocks!!! Couldn't ask for a better one!

The new Boba Fett is well scene posed, but the blast effect, hmmm was he eating at a burrito buffet the night before?

Bib Forlobster
12-05-2002, 12:08 AM
I didn't know Boba's jetpack was actually a refurbished Rainbow Slushee making machine. Does this figure scream like a sissy when whacked on the jetpack?

Is Anakin using the Force with his left hand or just trying to cop a feel off Amidala?

Seriously, I think these figures look pretty decent. It's hard to tell for sure if Boba is just a repaint of the 300th fig. or not. His hands seem to be in the same position and his holster is missing. I'll probably buy him anyway, just because I have a pretty good collection of Boba Fett stuff.

I hope Anakin turns out well. I was disappointed with the current offerings. I thought the face sculpt looked pretty good.

Beast
12-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Wondeful figures. We should have gotten this Anakin instead of the Anakin: Tatooine Attack. Nice to finally see a basic pose with his sleeveless robe and mechanical hand/forearm. I assume that they will include his normal hand also. The hand does look a little small, but it was skeletal looking in the movie. :)

Boba Fett is cool. I'm positive that the rocket emissions stand is removable. And he has the correct ROTJ paintjob. He definatly appears to have decent articulation. I assume they hid the quickdraw button in his rocket pack, like they did Jango. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-05-2002, 04:42 AM
They better include his normal hand.

IN THE MOVIE:

Anakin had his droid hand only at the wedding, so why is his robes in an action pose?

If you can replace the hand, the robes with an action pose is awesome for some scenes, but a neutral robe with this figure would make it absolutely perfect!

Just give us 2 robes instead of a stand!

Rogue II
12-05-2002, 05:39 AM
Boba Fett looks good, and I'll buy him. I like the new figures including stands, even Boba Fett's.

JEDIpartner
12-05-2002, 08:22 AM
Well... we asked for stands and we're getting them. At least Hasblah is being creative... even if not accurate.

The Boba Fett looks as I pretty much expected him to. The paint seems a little more colourful and vibrant, but maybe that's just the lighting (I hope).

Anakin looks great! As far as Xizor saying the head sculpt looking "iffy"... ALL the head sculpts look "iffy." I think that this is going to be the best Anakin of the entire Saga line- as long as he has a regular hand you can swap with the mechanical hand.

SQueek
12-05-2002, 09:51 AM
fett doesn't even have the right gauntlets on, he has the wrong gloves, he has the wrong jump suit. everything there is ESB!

have these designers even seen the movies?

SirSteve
12-05-2002, 10:03 AM
At the request of Tomart's, I removed the link and the attached image due to copyright infringement. amidalak is not at fault, nothing was done wrong here for linking to the image. I am just being nice to Tomart. Reproducing an image from a magazine is not allowed unless you have permission. A magazine pays their bills by what they have in their magazine.

gtrain29
12-05-2002, 10:04 AM
I would assume that the finished version would have the weathered battle damage effects on his armor. But I don't understand why they go through the trouble of making him in his ROTJ gear (with red gauntlets, green cape, multi-colored jet pack) but kept that ESB rifle!
All the bobas before the 300th came with the ROTJ gun. I don't see why they couldn't do that with this one.

187-Maul
12-05-2002, 10:05 AM
the Anakin looks great, his pose is cool, the cloak looks ok too, and he finally has the mechanical arm, and the joint on the right arm is at the exact same place as the one on HD Anakin, which could mean something good...:) and the head sculpt looks very good too, at least he's not screaming or whining:p

Boba Fett looks ok too, but a bit too colorful IMO, the jetopack fire looks ok too but it has to be removable, otherwise the obvious noticeable knee articulation would be useless
the blast effect on the riofle is a bit exagerated, but I just hope I can put him in a neutral "palace-standing" pose, with his rifle held down, then I would definitly buy him (and the "cape" is plastic this time too BTW)

both cool figs, can't wait to see some better pics of them in a different pose

The Overlord Returns
12-05-2002, 10:28 AM
looks to me like they just slapped a cloak over HD Anakin........still it's worth buying....

Boba fett looks impressive.......I'm sure the exhaust trail will be removable. Still....I kind of like it........

all around....they are both well done...and I'll pick 'em both up.

aceguide
12-05-2002, 02:24 PM
There will never be enough Boba figs...

This one looks pretty cool. Can't wait for better pictures.

OC47150
12-05-2002, 03:58 PM
I can't wait!! I need a couple more Boba Fetts! And Anakin looks cool, too.