PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone hate the title?????

princethomas
11-04-2001, 11:30 PM
I dont get it. It sounds just like all of the original Trilogy titles. The Empire Strikes Back is a very technical boring titles as well yet its everyone's darling. I think the Title fits right in with the others. They are Chapter titles, in a book called Star Wars, which is an equally lame title. Im confused. I thought the title sounded just fine. Oh well.

Tom

Eternal Padawan
11-05-2001, 09:20 AM
Man, I LOOOOOOVE the title. Any reservations I was havin' flew out the window when I saw that super short...trailer...thing. Seein' the name come up at the end had this totally raw, blunt unambiguous feelin' to it. ATTACK of the Clones, baby. Not some namby pamby name like Descent of the Clones, or Tiptoe of the Clones. This is gonna be the cinematic equivalent of gettin' kicked in the goonies and then punched in the face. Rough, raw, and hard. Like the movie. Like the title. No other title will do.

MisterPL
11-05-2001, 02:31 PM
I never had a problem with it. I'm hoping more people like it now that they've seen the trailer. In context, it's pretty foreboding.

master jedi
11-05-2001, 05:12 PM
I hate the title because it sounds like a 1950's B movie. But I don't like Star Wars because of it's titles. I like it because of the story.

Fulit
11-05-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I hate the title because it sounds like a 1950's B movie. But I don't like Star Wars because of it's titles. I like it because of the story.

It may sound like one, but this movie will be so unlike a 50's B movie, maybe people will cease to make the connection after they see it.

BountyHunter
11-05-2001, 06:39 PM
I think that not many people like the title is because they think (know) that George Lucas can be more creative than that, but I think it is pretty good title once you think about it.

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 07:13 PM
I've always liked the title, especially after seeing the trailer, no other title seems to fit.

master jedi
11-05-2001, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Fulit

It may sound like one, but this movie will be so unlike a 50's B movie, maybe people will cease to make the connection after they see it.

I know the movie itself isn't going to be anything like a B movie, just the title.

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 11:56 PM
Personally I hated the title at first but it has grown on me and now I love it to death.

JediTricks
11-06-2001, 09:14 AM
Here's an old post of mine from when the title was still fresh:

---
I think the whole "Attack of the _____ " is a cliche' these days and that's what ruins the title for me. I asked a bunch of non-fan types over the past few days, people of all ages and backgrounds, and have yet to receive a positive response. While it's true that "AOTC" does harken back to the old serials of the '50s, it is more closely thought of by our society with "50-foot Women", "Killer Tomatoes", and other such cliche junk. I mean, check out this Alta Vista search for "attack of the (http://www.altavista.com/sites/search/web?q=%22attack+of+the%22&kl=XX)", that's 43,576 sites found with that exact phrase! The first few are: "Attack of the 50 Foot DVD!", "Attack of the Anime Toys!", and even "Seattle Weekly - news: Attack of the 150-foot planners" Is this the type of thing you want Star Wars to be associated with? Take a look at that search parameter, it's very embarassing to think that soon, "Star Wars" will be coming up in those listings.
---

I still don't like the title and it's the same reason. On Alta Vista, there are 20,000 more listings than before, but my search results were before any Star Wars:Ep 2 results were listed there.

ThomasLane
11-12-2001, 05:47 PM
The reason I don't like it is that it reminds me of the titles of too many stupid movies. But if George can live with it, then so can I. At least it's not titled "Killer Klones from Outer Space".

snakeplkn
11-12-2001, 07:37 PM
In the trailer, we have yet to see any clones attacking ...

jw_bryant
11-12-2001, 08:25 PM
the other titles were pretty much original. "AOTC" doesnt match at all.

Lobito
11-13-2001, 12:32 PM
I dont hate the title, but i liked better "The clone wars" (of course that was only an assumption) In the end the title is growing in me. har har har:Pirate: :D

Obi-Don
11-16-2001, 09:44 AM
I never paid much attention to the title anyway.I just want the story.I do think that GL could have been more creative on the title.Just thinking of what he started so many years ago and the story around it,I think some people were let down by the name.But when the movie hits , I don't think the title will matter to much.