PDA

View Full Version : New Collection 2 pics!

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 11:06 AM
starwars.hasbro.com finally put up the new pics, although only of Lama Su, Aayla Secura and Barriss Offee, but they still rock!

the figs look very cool, and Aayla Secura has some grweat articulation, although her shoulder ball-joint looks a bit strange
Barriss Offee looks very good too, she's in a arena battle stance too (kinda like Luminara) but she also has a screaming face which doesn't look that good; both jedis have new lightsaber handles and Barriss comes with a new blast effect and Aayla with force-lightning, which is kinda strange
Lama Su looks ok, and the clone boy looks pretty much like in the movie; not that interesting though in my opinion
here's the link: http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=91
and for the individual pics:
Lama Su:http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=184
Aayla Secura:http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=185
Barriss Offee: http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=186

JEDIpartner
12-04-2002, 11:10 AM
awesome!!

Lama Su looks great! I like the "pack-in" that he comes with!

Ayala is amazing... looks like she's got shoulder articulation.

Barriss... she looks good. Not that excited about it as I would have liked her to be more poseable for stuff like Palpatine's office. Well- at least she looks like she belongs with the current (and probably only) Luminara Unduli.

The Overlord Returns
12-04-2002, 11:18 AM
sweet...........

these all look great...though I suppose I'll actually have to buy Taun We now.....

kdp100
12-04-2002, 11:36 AM
I agree with JEDIpartnr, especially his comments about the Barriss figure!

Do we know if there's going to be a variation on the pack-in clone that comes with Lama Su - so that both colours of headsets might become available?
Or will Hasbro not bother with that, considering that not every collector will be prepared to buy 2 of the Kaminoan?

JesusFreak
12-04-2002, 12:05 PM
"Not bad, not bad."-Watto (I think, lol)

The Lama Su looks excellent, Aayla looks pretty good too. Barriss looks like she should be an unleashed figure with the title "Pride", lol.

abell748
12-04-2002, 12:14 PM
at least the two jedi come with a geonosis arena stand. with all the other jedi having wide poses, i ran out of peg space on my arena. lama su looks cool and has a really cool pack in (made me wish they would have packed boba in with jango). i like the posability on ayala, more jedi like this are needed.

rherk
12-04-2002, 12:35 PM
Hmmm......Not bad but not good. What's with the poses? I'll have to wait till they're in my hands.

Prince Xizor
12-04-2002, 01:01 PM
Personally, I like the statue figures. Bariss is going to look great standing next to Luminara in the battle arena.

I didn't like Taun We, so I don't really plan to buy Lama Su, so blah.

Aalaya is my favorite of the three. I really like her sculpt, and this new thing of stands coming with the figures is awesome. Keep it Up.

JangoFart
12-04-2002, 01:25 PM
Aayla's shoulder's look terrible and what's with the force lightning? Of all the new figures coming out, she's in the top 3 that I've been looking forward to. Until now....

J

Jayspawn
12-04-2002, 01:25 PM
I like how all 3 of them look. Here's my thoughts...

Aayla Secura- great looking figure. I love the base. The ball shoulder joints are great.

Barris Offee- cool looking Jedi! She'll look great with Luminara. But I thought her lightsaber was blue in the Arena?

Lama Su- sweet! And I love the Clone he comes with. I may have to get like 10 Lama Sus.

JangoFart
12-04-2002, 01:29 PM
http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/jocasta/askjc20020805.html

That's some info on who Ashla and Jempa are. I sure didn't know :)

J

Sentinel18725
12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
I like Lama Su but can we get away from the bases and unmovable poses. I feel like McFarlane toys are doing these! Sometimes, I miss the charm of the straight arm figures.

Jargo
12-04-2002, 01:43 PM
Aayla looks dumb. bariss is a lovely looking statue just like luminara and Lama Su is just really nice. The clone boy is the ugliest kid I ever saw. Big ol' melon head kid. Poses are what I expected especially since wesaw the preliminary sculpt for Aayla and it was bound to be an action pose for Bariss to go with all the other arena Jedi. Lama Su bookends Taun We nicely I think and the clone kid is just..... well, words fail me there.

Glad they're going with all the alien baby Jedi though. Can't wait for the Ashla and Jempa pack, guess they shoved the least interesting of the three with yoda to make sure it sells :) shrewd move Hasbro.

Wat Tambor and Coleman Trebor sound so enticing now but not as enticing as that Padme Tatooine. Blue number or white belly top outfit? My money is on the white number. Artistic interpretation...... T&A all the way eh? :D
Can't see the point of dragging the pic releases out over such a long period, they should just slap them all up and get it over and done with. I have a budget for next year to plan and i weant to know how much to allocate for figures, This is a serious collecting issue and Hasbro are just not playing ball. Bad Hasbro, no biscuit.

Sentinel18725
12-04-2002, 01:45 PM
I guess if you can find a good partner for Bariss, you could have them doing the tango! Dancing Jedi......is the next movie going to be a musical with songs of lost love and betrayl. Call Mr. Webber!:p

Tycho
12-04-2002, 02:00 PM
I'm honestly most impressed with the Bariss figure even if it is a one-pose wonder. I cannot say the same about Luminara, but her padawan looks great. I noticed 2 particular details and think I like the sculpting on them :D. Sometimes a lady's form is a work of art.

Now Aayla sports some nice play value in her articulation! Plus I am finally rewarded for my patience in hoping more figures from Expanded Universe origins would break out into the action figure scene. Aayla's movie appearence assured that!

Old Fossil
12-04-2002, 02:33 PM
Well...

All three are nice, though Barriss looks like she's just been shot in the back. None are figures I can't live without, but I'll probably get the Jedi ladies. Aayla is probably the nicest of the three.

Pass on Llama Su. Jargo's right about the cloneboy: Look at the size o' that melon! Like an orange on a toothpick. A virtual planetoid! Got its on weather system!

HEED! MOOVE!:crazed:

LTBasker
12-04-2002, 02:53 PM
Lama Su and Clone Kid - They both look great but I'm just waiting for someone to seriously complain about the Clone Kid looking too much like the Baby Fett figure in likeness.

Aayla Secura - Looks nice, the stand sucks though. I hope this isn't a running change as I'd rather have clear plastic stands so that they could still stand in other dioramas. Plus Hasbro will probably go really down on quality for them in the legs. The ball joint arms are dissapointling not tight but then again I'd rather her have visible ball joint articulation than that look with gimmickized shoulders like Arena Padme.

Barriss - Besides the fact that she looks more like a statue than Luminara and the fact that she's yawning, eh not bad but definitely could've been better.

One and a half out of three...eh at least the Jedi didn't come with bendy arms for "total control."

Beast
12-04-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, we all need to remember that these are just first-shots, and that what we may get could look a bit different. That being said, I guess I may as well give my opinion on the three figures. :)

Lama Su is sweet. Definatly looks taller then the somewhat short Taun We. The sculpting and detailing is nice. Sadly, the Clone Child figure has a few flaws. His head is a bit big, and he suffers from lack of ethnic skin tone, same as Boba Fett. Hopefully the carded version is better. :)

Aayla Secura looks great. Wonderful sculpting and paint details. The leg stance is a bit wide, which is to bad. But she looks like she will look great with the other Jedi figures. Love the stands, we need to have more of those. :)

Barris Offee is a beautiful sculpt. While I was hoping for a less action posed version, atleast she matched up with Luminara. Hopefully Hasbro will produce non-combat versions of them in the future. Love the stands again, hopefully more figures come with them next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Evil
12-04-2002, 03:29 PM
Barris looks suited to standing with Luminara. Aayla looks pretty cool.

Banthaholic
12-04-2002, 03:41 PM
Not sure why all the negative comments, I think they all look great and eagerly await seeing them in the stores!
Also confirmation from Hasbro
on Wat Tambor ('03 #21) &
Coleman Trebor ('03 #22)
Very nice!

Beast
12-04-2002, 03:49 PM
Don't forget Padme Amidala: Tatooine Outfit. Hopefully her cool blue one from the Anakin Psycho confession scene. I'm a tad disapointed that we arn't getting Liam with Yoda. But we are getting all 3 of the Alien Younglings, which is cool. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
12-04-2002, 04:07 PM
I think all 3 figures look great. I can't wait to get them and all the new jedi.

My one contention is Lama Su's coloring. I've included a comparison pic. Maybe the final version will be closer to the movie image.

Beast
12-04-2002, 04:13 PM
Agreed. They should use a pearlescent purple for his armor and his inner gown. The armor does have a light purple hue, so straight silver wouldn't look right. Hopefully the face has a bit more detail also. But he still looks sweet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
12-04-2002, 04:31 PM
There's a possibility that the reason the colours look a bit off is because of the bright lighting in the Kamino rooms and halls. I could be totally wrong, but those may have been the colours used on the maquette... Who knows...

I can't wait to see the Padme...

Beast
12-04-2002, 04:39 PM
True, as Star Wars fans we have learned that lighting plays a huge part of what we have seen on film. I'm sure we all recall the blue/brown arguments about Han: Hoth's coat. In natural light it's brown, yet in Echo Base it's blue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 04:40 PM
I think the figures look great, Bariss Offee will definitely go great with Luminara Unduli :) I might have to buy Luminara to go with this Bariss figure!
Aayla Secura looks great, I love the pose and I love the base too, I think the saga line is definitely getting better, it gives me hope for the new Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader figures and the new Anakin Skywalker too.
Has anyone see the new Anakin Skywalker and Boba Fett figures? :confused: :)
As for Padme Amidala, I think it'll be the outfit that she wears when she and Anakin go to see Watto, it's a better outfit and I think Hasbro knows it would sell more, it's more mysterious I think.

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
True, as Star Wars fans we have learned that lighting plays a huge part of what we have seen on film. I'm sure we all recall the blue/brown arguments about Han: Hoth's coat. In natural light it's brown, yet in Echo Base it's blue. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

We also recall the arguments about Anakins robe and the colour of that too :crazed: :D

Wolfwood319
12-04-2002, 04:50 PM
Mehhh....

I'll pass on that Lama fig, it looks as exciting as the Taun We figure :rolleyes: , that clone kid is a nice pack in, but again, it's basically a figure already out. (Much like packing the Tusken with the Massif.)

The Aayla is nice, but it just gives off the feeling of flimsy-ness. I realize its supposed to be a small figure, but I just don't think it'll be very sturdy. I'm weary of those shoulder-joints too.

I didn't get a Luminara figure, and I won't get a Barriss figure either, I'm just not that interested. Its a nice sculpt, but I'm starting to get sick of the statue poses. I liked them at first, but now I think they're overdone...

Patient Zero
12-04-2002, 04:51 PM
Not bad at all...now if they would just stop making those lame force effects. :rolleyes:

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 04:57 PM
why lose the force-effects? they are free, and you don't have to use them on the particular fig it comes with
the blast-effects are GREAT for dioramas and the force-lightning can be pretty useful too, for example, if you don't want to buy the next dooku but still want to put your current one in the force-lightning pose
overall, I love the new blast-effects etc, and the stands are not bad too, the will also look great in an arena diorama (the arena ones I mean of course) to add a little difference to the ground (although it is flat in the movie), I know I will use them (at least I think:D )

Patient Zero
12-04-2002, 05:03 PM
Point being that they could make something else instead of them.

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 05:13 PM
true, they could've given us something else, but the little things are so tiny and probably pretty cheap, so what else small (and cheap) like that could they include which would be more useful than the effects?

marcusfett
12-04-2002, 05:39 PM
I think all of the figures look great. That's all I've got to say on the subject. :cool:

Banthaholic
12-04-2002, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, Padme Amidala: Tatooine Outfit. Seeing that Hasbro is releasing this Single Carded it might answer a little bit about the figures that are in the Lars Family Screen Scene. Although I do suppose Amidala wears two outfits on Tatooine

Death Star Gimp
12-04-2002, 06:08 PM
We have known what #01 to #16 have been for some time and now we know what #20 to #22 are, but what could be #17, #18 & #19???

Any thoughts!

Death Star Gimp
12-04-2002, 06:20 PM
I've looked at Galactic Hunters list which now seems credible. It may be that #17,#18,#19 could be the rumoured Luke (jedi), Darth Vader (ROTJ) and Snowtrooper.

Just one criticism. If Galactic Hunters schedule is correct then we won't be getting Wat Tambor and Coleman Trebor until June 2003, if so isn't it a bit naughty for Hasbro to say 'coming soon', as we probably won't get pictures until April!

Paul-Kenobi
12-04-2002, 07:47 PM
I was wondering is Aayla and Barriss Lightsaber Removeable

and is Aaylas Lightning removeable as well ?

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
I was wondering is Aayla and Barriss Lightsaber Removeable

and is Aaylas Lightning removeable as well ?

yeah, I really think so yeah! I mean... they usually have different lightsabers on the first preview photos.
On the back of the box, Tatooine Attack Anakin has the plastic blue lightsaber that comes with Luke but he ended up getting the metal one. :)

Paul-Kenobi
12-04-2002, 08:00 PM
i hope the hilts and blades can be removed other wise i wont buy them well then again i really really really like the Jedi .

Darth Trymybestus
12-04-2002, 08:03 PM
they're pretty much standard now and even the plastic ones are removeable except Dooku's but I suspect that's cos of the weird shape of Dooku's lightsaber. :)

Master ToNone
12-04-2002, 08:55 PM
I am sure the final product will be better, but these don't look bad. A few concerns:

Will Hasbro remember that Bariss' blade is blue? We could change it on our own, but I'd like a nice master and apprentice diorama.

Is Aayla another Aurra? a figure that looks good in pictures, but when you get it, it's a cheesey flimsy piece of garbage. Hopefully the arm that looks like Padme Arena (cheesey like Aurra) is not an indication.

Blue Blade please.

The bases are great though. If you don't want them, takem off. But they work great with the arena playset (that I don't have).

Treebeard
12-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Hoom,

Nice looking figures thease are. Correct me if Iam wrong but was't Lama Su's inside cape red.

I dont want to sound hasty but who is Wat Tomber and Coleman Trebor?

Hoom.

Dar Basra
12-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Wat Tambor is the head of the Techno Union (the one trying to dial up a radio station on his chest while he was talking at the Seperatist conference at Geonosis), and Coleman Trebor is the Jedi Master on the council with the reptilian crest on his head, that leaps on to the balcony to fight Dooku in the Arena, but gets blasted by Jango. Now THAT's a long over-due figure!!!

Jargo
12-04-2002, 11:49 PM
Long overdue? The movie only opened in May. Now Captain Antilles is long overdue since 1977 it's been a long wait and still no sign. But that's a technicality. I hope they get round to doing a couple more Kaminoans sometime and don't just leave it at the two. Neither Taun We or Lama Sue Ellen actually interact with the clone kids in the movie. There's a couple of funky Kaminoan design yet The one riding the Aiwha, the one floating around all the fetus tubes in the rafters in that hover pod thing and the ones keeping an eye on the training clone kids. It'd be cool to get a couple of those. We have four geonosians so why not kaminoans? Maybe they don't move around and fire weapons but I like the thought of willowy creatures of light and love. Intelligent species not the usual riffraff found in the bars and dark places.

Okay, maybe I'm alone in that thought..... :p

Dar Basra
12-04-2002, 11:59 PM
Well, I meant long overdue because I thought he was pretty neat looking in Ep. 1 - and he WAS on the council then, IIRC. So IMHO a council member with a death scene deserved priority over some of the other jedi figures.

Tycho
12-05-2002, 05:36 AM
A friend sent me this picture of Anakin and Boba Fett.

I think Boba Fett looks a little too nice and new, versus scuffed up and dented, but it might just be a bright photo on a black backdrop. Yes the flames are removeable (it looks like a high chair to me). I'm not sure I'm going to buy this one. But I'm holding off on judging it because it could turn out really cool in another picture. Right now, I think this Fett would make a better Unleashed than 3 3/4", but by the articulation, you can tell it's a 3 3/4" and it just barely doesn't use Jango FB's legs.

Anakin looks great! I wish that his hand (small as it is) is interchangeable with a normal hand (we don't know yet). The face sculpt is exactly what we've been wanting.

His Jedi robe sucks though. It's too action posed. If he came with 2 robes you could switch between, that would solve the problem. Then you could have him in the Jedi Temple. I do like the robe for an action scene, but other than that??? What's the use?

For Padme, by the way, I like the outfit with her midriff showing and a removeable outer cloak, much better than Anakin's confession scene one. Both would be cool, but I like the one she's wearing right before he leaves to go search with his mom.
This outfit would better go with the Lars family 3-pack, too. She didn't have a scene with the Lars in the other outfit.

kdp100
12-05-2002, 06:20 AM
That Anakin looks great! Thanks for posting that!
I just hope that he's fully articulated in the arms and legs, and that if his arms IS removeable then it's secured with a 'pop-out' peg similar to the one on the latest Ponda Baba figure -
rather than the magnet or loose peg that were used on the HD Anakin.

Then again, it looks like his cloak is removeable, so you can always pop that onto one of the current Anakin figures for a robed "intact" figure. Maybe it'll sit well on the Tatooine Attack version?

halcon orlus
12-05-2002, 10:59 AM
I'm pleasantly surprised to see a Bariss Offee figure coming already. But dissapointed a bit in the figure itself. Her skin is far too green. The sabre needs to be blue. That yelling mouth thing doesn't do her sexy face justice. And she looks like she might even be bald under that hood. :cry:

Anyhow, I can live with the action pose, though something less turbulent might have been nice. I just wish they would change to a closed mouth and change the skin tone. :Pirate: :)

Check out this pic...

Green Jedi
12-05-2002, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure how I feel about the poses and articulation on the new figures. I'm all for articulation, but not when it compromises the look of the figure. That's how I feel about Aayla's ball-jointed shoulders. They just don't look right and I think they could have been done much better and still had great manuverability. Lama Su looks fine, and I've been waiting for a Barriss since I read "The Approaching Storm", but I'm disappointed with the pose and the expression on her face. I'll still get all three, though, just because. You can never have too many female Jedi, wink wink.

evenflow
12-06-2002, 08:22 AM
I wish they would stop with the screaming faces. It just doesn't work. IT was nice to see Coleman Trebor on the list for 2003. No Yarbna Da'l Gargan though. :(

Chiesa
12-06-2002, 01:06 PM
I must say that if that Anakin is coming out, I think it will replace the Anakin: TA as my favourite Ani fig.!!

The Bariss looks awesome!! We need more stands like those, it would go well with the playset! :)

But the problem I have is the Ayala, the sculpt and all looks pretty decent. But her right arm only has a shoulder joint at a 90degree posture and there is alittle movability on her right leg as seen by a little line cutting across her thigh. Flimsy? We'll just have to see about that cause she is not really a bulky character but a sweet slimm looking hottie :D

Well I just hope that all will be fine as things are looking up for 2003!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

adamsith
12-10-2002, 01:46 PM
I was lucky enough to watch a guy sculpt Aayla Secura at the Celebration 2.
I can't wait for Lama Su and the clone boy because I like the Fetts.
I have every Jango figure.:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Tycho
12-10-2002, 05:26 PM
I don't think Aayla is limited to a 90 degree articulation in her lightsaber arm.

I think there's a ball joint in the shoulder to let her rotate her arm out in many positions like the old Kenner figures are expected to, and then the swivel joint you see is to let her move her arm out to the side, like in a jumping jack motion.

Finally, I think in the picture, they have Aayla's arm twisted unnecessarily forward, like if her arm was straight and not swiveled out, she'd have her arm going straight out behind her, lightsaber pointed straight into the ground at a very unnatural (or useless) 90 degree angle.

Whoever took the picture, just didn't know how to pose the figure.

I too saw her being sculpted (by Brian@Hasbro I think?) during the big Celebration II in Indianappolis last May. (witness the approximate 9 month turn-around until she's actually hitting stores). He was well aware of all the articulation we wanted. I asked myself. Jan Duursema, the artist who created Aayla for Dark Horse Comics, and Amy Allen, the actress who plays Aayala in AOTC were both there checking out Brian's work, too) She'll be a great figure I'm sure!

I'd say the most care went into Aayla's figure than any I've seen in a long time! The only thing is, I remember the head tails were hanging straight down, not battle-posed, when I last saw the figure personally.

I think I'd have preferred the more relaxed look.