View Full Version : What figures does everyone want to see next?
08-17-2001, 03:42 PM
I was just wondering what figures everyone was wanting to be released in 2002 in the POTJ line, excluding Episode 2 figures. I have three main choices.
1) General Madine - Why have Hasbro never made a resculpt for this? He is one of the coolest characters!
2) General Dodanna - One of the biggest heros of the Rebel Alliance, why has he NEVER been released?
3) Deluxe Han Solo with Torture Device Thing (ESB) - This would be brilliant, and particually if you could make it produce sparks or some sort of light.
What does everyone think of these choices?
What others can people recommend?
08-17-2001, 04:11 PM
I said it yesterday... I'll say it today- HANDMAIDENS!!!!
08-17-2001, 04:14 PM
1. ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
2. Yarna D'al Gargan
3. Amidala in white w/ Globe of Peace
4. Hand Maidens
5. Trash Compactor Monster
08-17-2001, 04:17 PM
those would be cool. Based on Hasbro's latest sculpting efforts, I'd be more into seeing them tackle Dadonna and Madine. Han in torture rack should be w/ a cloth jacket and alsocome withan all-new Carbonite block that is self-enclosing. I'd make it a deluxe fig.
Ones that I'd dig at this point: Gargan, Hermie Odel, Imperial Dignitary, a super-detail Jedi Luke, Tonnika Sisters, ROTJ Jabba, the other Niktos, all-new Luke & Han in Stormtroopr gear and a twil'lek masseuse!
just kidding on that last one...she wouldn't make my top 1000 list.
Jek Porky 2001
08-17-2001, 05:42 PM
LUKE SKYWALKER (JEDI KNIGHT)
For f**k's sake Hasbro get it together
08-17-2001, 05:48 PM
I would like to see:
A really good C-3P0, no dirt, no brake-apart, etc
Podracers and their drivers/pilots?
Admiral Ozzel (incase he isn't one of the officer variations)
EU Characters, good ones, real ones
Imperial Star Destroyer Bridge playset
and many more, but too tired to keep typing.....
Jabba the Hutt (over sized!)
Luke - Jedi
Jedi Council Members
and everybody else I didn't mention!
08-17-2001, 11:48 PM
General Madine with his white stick thingie
Leia in bespin Gown
and More Ewoks
08-18-2001, 02:18 AM
The rest of the Cantina aliens, all of 'em, even the big Praying Mantis.:)
08-18-2001, 03:39 AM
I definetly wanna see an ultimate Luke Jedi and ROTJ Jabba. But why do I keep comming across people wanting a good sculpt clean 3P0 (good sculpt, referring to the purchase of the droids one)? That's what 3P0 with coin was, the new sculpt but totally clean and shiney.:p
08-18-2001, 04:10 AM
Now that my all-time dream figure...Ephant Mon...is in the works and now that Hasbro is rocking the most with the improved quality of the figures. I would like to see more army builders like Hoth Rebel Troopers, Imperial Snowtroopers, and other represented Star Wars universe armed forces as well.
08-18-2001, 08:49 AM
A new C-3PO sculpt right now would be the best! Hasbro could really pull it off.
C-3PO (TPM better sculpt)
Deluxe Moisture Vaporator w/ Luke and treadmill droid
Deluxe Death Star Gunner w/ Death Star Gun
Some Podracer Mechanics (random 2pack of a surly human and alien)
R2-D2 (Dagobah) w/ mud deco and "glowing" power generator
Luke (Dagobah) just a new sculpt would be fine.
ROTJ Jabba the Hutt w/ throne, pipe, little frog thingys, and a skin that drapes over his throne (hes laying on it)...and maybe a sitting version of Leia.
New Hoth and Endor soldiers
Y'arna D'al Gargan
"classic" Sy Snootles (from the original trilogy)
08-18-2001, 02:08 PM
1. Han Hoth resculpt.
2. Weequay Skiff Guard (you know, the other one.)
3. A Rebel astromech droid (Or ten.)
4. Queen Amidala (In the Pre-Senate kimono with the beaded headdress.)
5. Luke Jedi resculpt
the master jedi
08-18-2001, 02:14 PM
I want to see figures made of Camie, Fixer, and Biggs from the ANH lost scenes.
08-18-2001, 04:08 PM
I will take a moment to make a list of those characters I feel should be "next in line" to get the figure treatment. For ease of reference, I am listing them by film. The characters are in no particular order in the lists. I will not list the much-needed resculpts in this reply, look for that list in the Dear Hasbro section when I post the thread soon.
The Phantom Menace
1. Rep Teers - One of the Gungans that flank Boss Nass in his audience chamber and also at the Sacred Place.
2. Nemodian Pilot - The pilot or controller on board the flagship of the fleet, complete with the weird VR goggles/microphone communications array that covers the face.
3. Yareel Poof - Ultimatly all of the Jedi Council should be produced, but as for those yet to get the treatment, I want Yareel next! I love this Jurassic giraffe Jedi!
4. Queen Amidala (Victory Celebration) - Complete with (as others have recommended) the great ball o' peace. I think this would be the ideal counterpart to the Sacred Place Boss Nass who should be able to hold the Peace Globe.
6. Padme Handmaiden - As we first see her, Padme should be released in her orange garb from the Naboo escape.
7. R2-A6 - This little guy has had the 12" scale treatment, now we need a little one. Sure it is just an R2 repaint, but I can't get enough of these guys!
A New Hope
1. R4-M9 - The R2-like droid with the somewhat pointed head that leads the captured Tantive IV Rebels being escorted away by Stormtroopers at the begining of the film. This is the last of the great Astromech head types not yet produced and would open the door for future variants. A mouse droid would make a nice accessory for this one.
2. The Tonnika Sisters - I would love to see these produced as a part of the Deluxe figure line. The pair could come with a section of Mos Eisley Cantina counter. Future Cantina denizen releases could come with sectons which connect to theirs and would ultimately create the full bar. Still others would have sections of the stills and equipment behind the bar. Collect them all, build the Cantina!
3. Feltipern Trevagg - This was always one of my favorites from the Cantina, visually speaking. I love the twin, bony horns and the suave beard. Give him a glass or two and a mean looking blaster and we are good to go.
4. R1-G4 - Late of the third Fan's Choice Poll, I believe this antiquated droid would make good fodder for the Deluxe line, if accompanied by the Mine-Sweeper droid and the little stove-pipe droid.
5. Han Solo in Stormtrooper Armor - Yes, General Mills had theirs, but that was years ago and it stunk! Do Han up right with a removable helmet that reflects the new sculpt and give him the big Imperial blaster rifle he hands off to Chewie and a HOLSTERED blaster rifle.
6. Wioslea - Make this character with a cloth hood on vinyl robes and you will have a winner. That way you can have his hood up or down and not loose any of the details of that multitude of eyes or those great, spindley antennae.
7. CZ-3 - The "cross-eyed" droid! I think that the background characters are the strength of the film. There is always something else going on besides the primary action. And fans love these characters almost as much as the core characters.
8. Dice Ibegon - Come on, we all want to know what she looks like! Ketwol proved that there are all kinds of creative options for Cantina denizens since we only saw most from the chest up. Many invision Dice as strictly snake-like. Personally I would prefer something quadropedal in nature. Have fun with this unique character!
The Empire Strikes Back
1. General Carlist Rieekan - Another ex-Fan's Choice character and top of the list for the "must-haves" of Empire.
2. R-3PO - The red 3PO unit of the Rebel Base. Match that deep crimson color but leave off the "tattoo" mentioned in various literature.
3. Hoth Rebel Soldier - It's ok for all Stormtroopers to look alike, they are wearing helmets! Go for the guy with the big handlebar moustache seen in the trenches after the first AT-AT is felled. Add some unique articulation and give him a standard issue Hoth rifle plus one of those larger blaster cannon types that was being passed down into the trenches in one shot.
4. Treva Horme - In addition to droids, I can't get me enough creature-types. Treva had the same head as one of the patrons of the Cantina, but a stylish blue costume and was seen in the presence of a "snaggletooth".
5. Ugnaught w/Dismantled C-3PO. A great two pack would be a new sculpt Ugnaught (two is not enough) with articulated elbows and a crate of C-3PO parts including a head that is a separate piece for tossing around.
6. Admiral Ozzel - Though his career ended abrubtly, Ozzel is a vital part of any Imperial soldier collectoin.
7. Toryn Farr - The female officer of the Hoth Rebel base, she should have articulated elbows and knees so she can sit at her console. A Deluxe figure that would come with a control panel section and the great big plexiglass map o' circles that K-3PO could man.
Return of the Jedi
1. Herat & Bubo 2-pack - Everyone seems to want Bubo and slots him in with just about every other unproduced character to date. Who is Herat? Why the Jawa with the palm frond who is fanning Jabba the Hutt. You can never have too many Jawas and why not Jabba's Jawa at that, complete with fanning frond. Accompanied on the card by the huge, bulbous form of Bubo, you have a great Jabba's Palace filler pair.
2. Weequay Skiff Master - We've gon almost twenty years with only one Weequay between two different, distinct periods of Star Wars figures. We need someone to drive our skiffs!
3. Fozec - A human guard in Jabba's Palace, Fozec is bare chested but wears a chest-plate like the one Lando wears. His head covered with a cloth covering. He is visible in many scenes and would make a great counterpoint to the creature-ridden Palace collection to date.
4. Jess - Face it, the Star Wars films are fairly female character poor, and thusly so are the toys. Jess (from Jabba's Palace) would make a great background character with her distinctive white and blue hair.
5. Imperial Dignitary - I would perfer to see the shorter one (Janus Greejatus) produced first, hopefully generating demand for the taller one (Sim Aloo, produced for Power of the Force) to be made.
6. Endor Rebel Soldier - Like the Hoth Rebel Soldier, we need variety. Perhaps use the soldier with the distinctive yellow beard who stands out in some shot of the movie.
7. Chief Chirpa and a female Ewok with Wokling - We need more Ewoks (I never thought I'd be saying that) and this would be a good jumping off point. Then release a new Ewok two-pack every few assortments (perhaps Kazak - the grey/white Ewok with a pipe and stick weapon and with weapon and bark shield.
8. General Crix Madine - He made the cut for the first run of Star Wars toys, we need him back again!
9. Female Mon Calimari - We've seen her in the background and it would up the populatioin amoung the Mon Calimari figures. Please make a new head sculpt for her though!
And that is the list, by no means does it include everyone I would love to see, but it does give a great overview of those I'd love to see first.
08-18-2001, 09:32 PM
As always - General Veers!!!! with removable helmet, chest armour and extra Officer's Cap and Blaster Pistol.
Then, all the obscure X-Wing and Snowspeeder pilots!!
Gargan (Jabba's Dancer), R4 droid, any one of the rebel generals and a new Jedi Luke would be my picks!
08-19-2001, 12:59 AM
JediCole... that was awesome! Been thinkin' about this topic much? Beautifully listed and with such detail. Nice work.
Now if I could get a really cool Dagobah R2 I'll be happy. Ephant Mon is coming, that's #1 off my list. For this version of R2, I don't want a Sandtrooper type paint job. I am talking some serious goo!! It would be cool if it could suck up some choco syrup somehow. Then, when your little sister least expects it, you press the front of R2 and he shoots mud just like in the film!!
Now that would be cool!
#3 on my list is General Veers. Can't believe he's not out yet. A couple of waves after Grand Moff Tarkin woulda been good, a couple of waves after the kickin' FX-7 would be better!!
08-20-2001, 06:33 AM
In no particular order or sequence.
1. Red Leader- C'mon, he deserves it, he led what would become Rogue Squadron. He could have been the one to blow up the Death star.
2. R4-M9- Cone head. An R2 unit that takes more that just a repaint and a pretty cool design.
3. Han Stormtrooper- The first one was Ok But it can be redone
4. Ewoks- These guys have been neglected for long enough. No where else in the series has characters with so much screen time had so little representation in plastic.
5. Snowtrooper- We've had the Stormtrooper and Sandtrooper redone so it's Snowie's turn. I don't think soft goods would work with any trooper.
08-20-2001, 01:59 PM
I here will make Humsup's voice louder...
...Genral Veers w/removable helmet and chest plate!
08-20-2001, 04:38 PM
I would like to see all the figures from the original kenner line, like General Madine, Imperial Dignitary, Twin pod cloud car pilot, Ewoks, etc.
I also would like to see all the Jedi council (the ones that are missing).
The pod racer pilots and Gardulla the hutt.
Now if we go to Mos Eisley, we can find a lot of creatures in the cantina like the tonika sisters, Danik Jeriko, etc.
08-20-2001, 04:56 PM
I put up a short list before, but this is more (somewhat) complete:
1. Return of the Jedi Jabba the Hutt w/ Bubo
2. Yarna D'al Garga
3. Imperial Dignitary
4. Dannik Jeriko
7. Cloud Car pilot
8. Trash Compactor monster
9. Gen. Madine
10. Gen. Donadona
11. Chief Chirpa w/ Wokkling
15. Hermi Odle
17. Weazel (Warrick Davis in Episode I)
18. ET Senator
19. Yarua (wookie senator)
20. Wald / Kitster 2-pack
21. Amidla (in white) w/ Globe of Peace
22. Yareal Poof
23. Even Piell
24. Oppo Rancisic
25. Depa Billaba
26. Hand Maiden (orange/yellow robes)
27. Ulic-Quel Droma
28. Kir Kanos
29. Carnor Jax
30. Death Trooper
31. Jacen Solo
32. Jania Solo
33. Anakin Solo
36. Jodo Kast
37. Nomi Sunrider
38. Vima Sunrider
39. Tott Doneeta
40. Master Vodo Siosk
42. Darth Bane
43. Baron Fel
45. Jorus C' Boath
46. Sharad Hett
47. A'Sharad Hett
48. EXar Kun
49. Yuzzhan Vong Warrior
50. Admiral Daala
03-22-2002, 08:22 AM
Recently, I've had a hankering for Grey coveralled Rebel techs that feul the X-Wings and such.
And a super Deluxe R2-D2...
03-22-2002, 09:45 AM
The trash compact monster, yes! I would love to have on a card but if they have a playset I would still purchase it. That's weird that it hasn't been released yet? I still have the original.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.