PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the new multi-rank system?

JediTricks
11-05-2001, 01:59 AM
See SirSteve's announcement of how this works here in the Comments/Suggestions section: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1615

What do you think? Do you like the idea? Are you a Jedi or a Sith? What do you think of the 2 paths?

Boba Rhett
11-05-2001, 02:42 AM
I say the advantages outweigh the dis-advantages; As long as your careful. :)

When we put in a ranking system HERE (http://forums.galacticbattles.com), our member amount increased significantly and also probably doubled the amount of posts being made. However, I had a horrible time dealing with all the spam threads and posts. "People trying to reach that next level as if it was a game" :rolleyes:

I also really like how you can choose your path. That's just plain cool. :) I chose Sith.

The ranks we use at the site mentioned above are as follows,

Bantha Fodder (Minimum Posts: 0)
Pit Droid (Minimum Posts: 50)
Sith Probe Droid (Minimum Posts: 100)
Battle Droid (Minimum Posts: 150)
Ewok (Minimum Posts: 200)
Tusken Raider (Minimum Posts: 250)
Wampa (Minimum Posts: 300)
Jawa (Minimum Posts: 350)
Gungan (Minimum Posts: 400)
Bantha (Minimum Posts: 450)
Wookiee (Minimum Posts: 500)
Noghri (Minimum Posts: 550)
Rancor (Minimum Posts: 600)
Stormtrooper (Minimum Posts: 650)
Sith (Minimum Posts: 700)
Sith Lord (Minimum Posts: 750)
Jedi (Minimum Posts: 800)
Jedi Master (Minimum Posts: 900)
Whatever you want (Minimum Posts: 1000)

Yeah yeah yeah, I know they aren't in very good order. :D

Dferguson
11-05-2001, 04:31 AM
Neat Feature you created Sirsteve thanks
like it alot

JediTricks
11-05-2001, 09:17 AM
Hey Rhett, think you have enough ranks there? ;) When we switched to this current forum, we added more than the standard 3 ranks in the mono-path system and foolishly started at a different point (the current "Moisture Farmer") and a rash of post-padders cropped up for a while. I don't think this new multi-path rank system will cause the same furvor though simply because all it takes is changing the setting in the USER CP and then making one post to see what level you're at.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-05-2001, 06:50 PM
So, JT, does that mean we can become "Sith Moderators" or "Jedi Super Moderators?" ;) I think a "Sith Jedi Ambassador" would be funny!

Jargo
11-05-2001, 07:37 PM
As an evil little monster I say thank you from the bottom of my black heart for the new ranking system :) I'm so glad I no longer have to suffer the indignity of being a jedi knight. At last I can say goodbye to jedi ranking. jedi suck! :p If we misbehave as Sith do we get a black/gold star? :p

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 08:30 PM
Sooooo, if Jargo is only an apprentice and I am a Sith Lord does that mean I can tell him what to do? jk Jargo!:D

Is Angry Loner the replacement for Moisture Farmer? If so, cool!

Fulit
11-05-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Is Angry Loner the replacement for Moisture Farmer? If so, cool!

That's what I was going to ask, what's the Sith equivalent of Moisture Farmer?

Dferguson
11-05-2001, 11:56 PM
Angry loner

Bel-Cam Jos
11-06-2001, 12:27 AM
So we have:

Sith Lord
Sith Apprentice?
Angry Loner
Jedi Knight
Jedi Ambassador?
Padawan
Moisture Farmer
Moderator/Super Moderator ;)

Is there:
Sith Master
Galactic Emperor
Dark Lord of the Sith

Jedi Spirit
Midichlorian

?? :confused: ??:D

P.S. I still think we Moderators should be able to choose our paths; Sith Moderator sounds like Darth Maul's new ship! ;)

Fulit
11-06-2001, 12:32 AM
I forgot to answer the main question of this thread, I think the new multi rank system rules! :D

JediTricks
11-06-2001, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
So, JT, does that mean we can become "Sith Moderators" or "Jedi Super Moderators?" ;) I think a "Sith Jedi Ambassador" would be funny! I'm afraid we mods don't get special stuff for the change over. :( As for what the specific ranks are on both paths, I believe you missed several and I ain't gonna tell. ;) I'm not sure anybody's reached the highest rank of either path though.

"Angry Loner" is indeed the first point upon the Sith path, I had to think up stuff for the path that fit with the Sith theme, but since they've only got 2 levels (Sith Apprentice and Sith Lord), I had to make up 3 more ranks (SirSteve chose the last one) and starting as an "Angry Loner" made the most sense to me. ;)

Barada, it's up to you and Jargo. ;)

Anyway, glad you guys dig it. :D

SirSteve
11-06-2001, 10:30 AM
I made a few changes. You'll just have to find them.

:)

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 10:39 AM
Hey, I'm Dark Lord now. Is that higher or lower than Sith Lord?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
"Angry Loner" is indeed the first point upon the Sith path, I had to think up stuff for the path that fit with the Sith theme, but since they've only got 2 levels (Sith Apprentice and Sith Lord), I had to make up 3 more ranks (SirSteve chose the last one) and starting as an "Angry Loner" made the most sense to me. ;)

Actually, I would think that 'Backstreet Boys wannabe' would have been a more logical choice for the first Sith level. That's really the first step in the decent to hell. :)

Jargo
11-06-2001, 01:54 PM
Hmmm, that would mean that Donny Osmond clone would be the highest Rank then... :p

Of course as everyone knows, Being british is tantamount to being pure evil. So I would think that british citizen could be a hot contender for the top spot....

or perhaps simply ...BJØRK............. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-06-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Of course as everyone knows, Being british is tantamount to being pure evil.

And all this time I thought being British was just being doomed to a lifetime of horrible dental work. :D

Jargo
11-06-2001, 07:39 PM
as I said, british is evil and look who played tarkin and vader and Maul and palpatine... If they'd had perfect white hollywood-esque toothy-pegs, they wouldn't have been cast as the evil ones would they? Anyway what's wrong with having crooked or stained teeth? better a level of individuality than box cut dayglo white teeth. White teeth are unnatural anyway. They should be ivory or creme coloured. Bleached white teeth are wierd and nasty and false. The only truth lies in imperfect gnashers. :D

master jedi
11-06-2001, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
I made a few changes. You'll just have to find them.

:)

A few changes? Try a lot of changes.

-Discission forums is now called Cantina.

-Your avatar at the top of page with how many posts and threads were made since your last visit.

-The thing telling you if you have any new private messages is at the bottom of the page.

-Three new just founds sections: USA, Canada, Overseas

-master jedi becoming a moderator.

-Two different ranking systems.

The list could go on forever.

JediTricks
11-07-2001, 09:37 AM
Jargo, don't be silly, it's "Björk", and somehow, I have a feeling that the "natural british tooth color of creme" you're referring to is "creamed corn". :D ;)

MJ, I had no idea you were made the moderator of the "fantasy land" forum. ;)

Obi-Don
11-07-2001, 09:44 AM
I like it! It really gives us more choices. Now do I stay on the Jedi path or give in to the Darkside.;)

master jedi
11-07-2001, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
MJ, I had no idea you were made the moderator of the "fantasy land" forum. ;)
Shut-Up.

Sir Steve, why did you decide to change the general discussion to cantina and then back to general discussion?