PDA

View Full Version : THREAD WHERE YOU POST PICTURES OF BANANAS ON STUFF! (Or discuss bananas in general)

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:24 PM
This is the greatest thread in the world, ever. There is no thread above this, it is the God of threads...Err...well, maybe it isn't that cool, but it is great! In this thread you post pics of Bananas being put on completely random objects (Nothing vulgar, please), post your banana finds, or just talk about bananas in general. Everyone needs to participate in this! Well, you don't have to, but I think it could be fun. To start off the (Probably one-man) celebration, here is a picture of my Banana...rubberband...claw-hand thingy. Responses to this thread at all are greatly appreciated, even if it is something like, "Darth Sidious, you seriously have problems and I hope you die a most miserable death and your festering cadaver becomes food for the ravenous worms." As promised, here is the first pic, I hope you all enjoy it here. :) -

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:25 PM
Another pic-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:26 PM
Here is another, oh, by the way, if anyone has a banana avatar I could have I'd really appreciate it. :) -

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:28 PM
Here's another...-

LTBasker
12-04-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm sure a special friend of Dar's will like this thread...

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Yet another-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'm sure a special friend of Dar's will like this thread...

Everyone will like this thread! ...Hopefully. :D Isn't it glorious? (Only a few bananas were harmed in the making of this thread)

Patient Zero
12-04-2002, 05:46 PM
I'ld rather that old Damned song:

"Meat, Meat, Meat! I can't afford no banana!
Meat, Meat, Meat! I can't afford no gum at all!"

Boba Rhett
12-04-2002, 05:50 PM
You seriously need something constructive to do. :D

Ahhh... who am I to speak. I made these two jedi/sith bananas:

http://www.bobarhett.netfirms.com/DarkNanner.gif

http://www.bobarhett.netfirms.com/bananajedi.gif

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:55 PM
This is very constructive! :D I'm sure it will better mankind...somehow. By the way, your bananas were awesome. :) Here is my Rancor enjoying them-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:56 PM
Out-of-scale Opee? HUGE-@$$ Bananas? You decide.-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:57 PM
A far less annoying phone-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 05:59 PM
FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 06:00 PM
The cat-

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 06:02 PM
All I want for Christmas...-

187-Maul
12-04-2002, 06:04 PM
dude, what are you on :crazed: !?! and can I have some?:D j/k
anyways, funny thread, yet strange, but funny:D
keep the pics coming

Darth Sidious
12-04-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm glad I have had such positive responses to this thread. :D Tell your friends! Here is a picture of the guy from K-PAX eating a banana with the shell and everything! Truly one of the funniest scenes in cinematic history...err...in my opinion at least.-

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-04-2002, 10:35 PM
Bananas?

"Why not a thread on pudding" I say?

darthvyn
12-05-2002, 12:39 AM
oh, yeah, it's definitely peanutbutter jelly time!!!

http://etrata.home.attbi.com/flash/banana.swf

Darth Sidious
12-05-2002, 06:40 AM
NO!!!!!! Blasphemers! :D

Darth Sidious
12-08-2002, 08:49 PM
I bought some bananas today.

darthvyn
12-09-2002, 03:39 PM
BANANAS!!! WOO!!!

Darth Sidious
12-09-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
BANANAS!!! WOO!!!

Of course! :D...err...Oh, by the way darthvyn, I love your avatar. It has bananas in it.

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Did you know.....there is a simple way, by using household ingredients such as woolite and other things....you can extract a banannas DNA (aprox. 2m in length)!

darthvyn
12-10-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Of course! :D...err...Oh, by the way darthvyn, I love your avatar. It has bananas in it.

yeah... chiquita banana chick is hot...

Originally posted by Sentinel18725
Did you know.....there is a simple way, by using household ingredients such as woolite and other things....you can extract a banannas DNA (aprox. 2m in length)!

one can make all kinds of explosives from household ingredients... if one was so inclined...

Tycho
12-14-2002, 07:41 PM
Wow, it's been a while, but you've inspired me to sniff some bananas!

That's very cool. I think I'm going to take some bananas out with me to see the new Star Trek movie. :)

Those are really cool pictures of bananas Darth Sidious. I like the Rancor and the cat that were so priviledged to pose with them.

Of course the holy Mouse Droid and the banana is a reference that needed to be shown!

Well, I'm just bananas about this thread. Keep up the great work. I'm sure for all enlightenment will come!

Darth Sidious
12-14-2002, 08:29 PM
Oh, don't you worry, the next time we get Bananas, you can bet I will put them with the Mouse Droid! Perfection!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 02:42 PM
Y'know, it's strange but I was waiting for a thread about bananas. Seriously cuz we have this statue here in merseyside called Lambanana. It's the most ludicrous piece of statuary ever EVER! Stands around fifteen feet tall near the Liverpool waterfront and really is yellow. It's a well loved piece of local lore now the Lambanana created by a crazed and lunatic European with giveaway arts council cash. What it means and why he chose to shove a piece of tropical fruit up a lambs jacksy is anyone's guess but there you go, true and real and right here right now funk soul brother! And here is the proof......

Darth Sidious
12-15-2002, 04:45 PM
Awesome! That is seriously the greatest statue ever made. Quite enjoyable to see!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Bananas?

"Why not a thread on pudding" I say?

And if this isn't a thread devoted to pudding i don't know what is. Or at least it started as a thread devoted to a particular pudding...

I'm having strudel. How 'bout you? (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14340)

What short memories people have. Aah the nostalgia of it all, steamy strudel with piping hot custard...... struuuuuuuuuudel......:happy: yum.

Tycho
12-15-2002, 06:51 PM
Geeze Jargo, that is a work of art! Did it's completion jump start the tourist industry? I bet that's a stop on guided charter tours isn't it? :)

I think Lucas should donate for a Mouse to be made like that for Marin County, California.

Either that or redesign the Skywalker Ranch fire trucks to look like busy Mouse Droids. That would be a wonderful actual moving site of artwork to behold!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 08:49 PM
They moved the statue around a bit from location to location for a spell so you never knew where it'd be. Sometimes the City centre and sometimes in some urban spot out of the way. But now it sits appropriately next to Lamb & sons on the dock road looking out toward the river mersey. They painted it pink for womens breast cancer awareness week which was....nice. But now it's back to yellow again. I think one of the charter bus cruises does pass by it because the yellow submarine is parked farther back down the same road near the famous Liver building. The one with the birds on top you see in every photo of liverpool. The yellow submarine is a huuuuuge draw with Japanese tourists who make the pilgrimage to see all the spots made famous by the bloody beatles.

But every city should have something equal to the Lambanana. Free thinking artists should be given hugs wodges of public cash to create ludicrous statuary. Every city should have something absurd and immovable and painted brightly. It's a tonic every time you gaze upon it and wonder - WHY????????

Tycho
12-15-2002, 09:16 PM
Human happiness can be found in the freedom of expression. The more ridiculous it can be, the more laughter and lightheartedness it can provoke.

I submit that "Liverpool" is a ridiclous name for a city.

I think that a large public swimming pool with illustrations of human livers on the bottom, and one large statue of a liver, maybe doubling as a lifeguard tower over the pool, should be created. Then with the history of the town effectively revised, everything should be as ridiculous as it sounds.

By the same token, in Arkasas, U.S.A., I think a monument with an elevator (like the Eiffel Tower in Paris) should be built. Tourists taking the elevator to the top can view a Little Rock, carefully stored in a museum case. :rolleyes:

Jargo
12-15-2002, 10:43 PM
technically it should be liver as in alive because it's the name of the mythical birds that have statues on top of the liver building. legend has it that should the liver birds ever leave the city the city will fall to wrack and ruination. The pool in question is actually a reservoir that used to be in Everton but is now built upon. i think that's how it goes. Everton is the place that gave its name to Everton mints, boiled sugar sweets made in a sort of pillow shape and striped black and white. Everton football club used to have a strip of black and white and now use blue and white instead. the reason for this is not something I'm party to. Liverpool did however once lose the liver birds, they were removed from the liver building during world war two so the german luftwaffe couldn't make out the familiar shape of the birds in airial attacks. confounded germans just dropped their payload of bombs anywhere they could over liverpool and so the city fell to wrack and ruin. The birds have never been moved tsince they were reinstated after the war. A valuable lesson learned there I think.....:rolleyes: Bizarrely we now have a statue of a horse in liverpool cty centre right in the heart of the shopping district. The horse is about fifteen feet tall and has an enormous apendage sculpted carefully. What this represents i have no idea but it certainly makes for interesting conversation in nearby coffee houses....... I don't have a pivture of this horse and if i did you'd probably be wondering why i did so best not to tarry on that subject i think. Oh yeah, there's also a famous large statue of a nude man on one of the oldest stores in liverpool, the John Lewis store. it too has an enormous apendage for some reason and is known locally as long John. I think it must have been commisioned by someone with a big ego problem......

Statuary is big in liverpool :D

Tycho
12-16-2002, 01:13 AM
What about renaming part of the town Horserparts? - Just on the other side of Liverpool?

But that was a very interesting history lesson. However, sometimes here in America, we change a town's name so that people won't think we're crazy.

The Russians were good at that: St. Petersberg, Leningrad, Stalingrad, I can't recall which one was which - most of the nuclear missle silos look alike....

Anyway, remember the Germans had the Diet of Worms?

I was sent to the principal's office to discuss that in grade school. It seems they didn't appreciate me trying to offer a 'religious experience' with my "oral report" for history class.

I won't go into detail, but if you ever watched Star Trek, you know the Klingon dish "Gagh?" Yes, well as it is commonly known in Klingon Space - Gagh is best served LIVE.

I thought that maybe extra-terrestrials influenced earth's history, especially at the Diet of Worms!

I think my parents thought I watched way too much Star Trek...

Jargo
01-05-2003, 01:02 PM
I just had an unripe banana and now i don't feel so good :( should I worry about poisoning? Are unripe bananas poisonous? Will i die............................................... .........? :dead:

Darth Sidious
01-05-2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Will i die............................................... .........? :dead:

Yes. :evil: :dead: :D

PoggleTheGreater
01-07-2003, 06:23 PM
You know that sketch they do on Conan O'Brien where they watch different channels on their "NBC satelite dish"? There was a channel called the Banana washing machine channel. It was just people washing bananas in a washing maching. It made about no sense at all, but it was so ridiculous and funny. That's about the time I became a fan of the show.

Kidhuman
01-15-2003, 02:20 PM
I will say that this is one of the funniest threads I have ever read. Those pics are too funny.(I about wet myself on the one with the cat.)

Patient Zero
01-15-2003, 02:31 PM
Damn! I thought that they closed this thread. What ever became of the monkey thread? Now that had disturbing potential.

Darth Sidious
01-15-2003, 09:25 PM
Why would it be closed? It hasn't gotten dirty, it's in the right section, and we are sticking to the topic. I don't see anything wrong here...

Kidhuman
01-16-2003, 09:46 AM
Some bad news Sidious. I just found this article on my servers homepage:

In 10 Years, There Could Be No Bananas

By Cathryn Conroy, Wal-Mart Connect News Editor
Reuters puts it this way: According to a Belgian plant pathologist, the banana may disappear within 10 years because the seedless fruit hasn't had sex. To survive, it needs help from science--and fast.

Emile Frison, the head of the International Network for the Improvement of Banana and Plantain in Monpellier, France, told New Scientist magazine that bananas lack the genetic diversity needed to effectively fight off diseases and pests that are plaguing banana plantations the world over. Fungicides are proving increasingly useless. The only thing that can save this favorite fruit is biotechnology and genetic manipulation to develop new varieties that are resistant to blight.

Bananas are a dietary staple in impoverished areas of Africa, and their demise would be devastating there. The situation is so dire that New Scientist likens it to the potato blight that caused the Irish famine of the 1840s. "We may even see the extinction of the banana as both a lifesaver for hungry and impoverished Africans and as the most popular product on the world's supermarket shelves,'' reports New Scientist.

I'm sorry man. This delicious and fun loving food may go the way of the Dodo

Jargo
01-16-2003, 05:01 PM
They'll save the DNA and breed super bananas and miniature bananas and red bananas and banappleanas and pinenanas and bananaberries and stuff. The banana will live on if not in the country of origin. Too bad the Africans will die because of it but ....

dried banana chips from health food stores are horrible. Like wood shavings. I like mashed bananas with full fat dairy cream and fine sugar sprinkled on top. Disgustingly bad for me I know but as I'm skinny I don't care :p

PoggleTheGreater
01-17-2003, 03:23 AM
Has any other fruit been extinct before?

Jargo
01-17-2003, 07:59 AM
Certain types of aplle have become extinct simply because orchards were dug up during the industrial revolution in the Victorian era. Progress through factories and the population explosion around towns and cities built over land that was previously used for agriculture. There are many types of fruit which i don't know off hand, that were destroyed forever when cities grew up back then. I'm talking northern Europe here. But if that's what happened over here then you can assume that other parts of the world that have become urbanised have also lost fruit varieties forever. People are always trying to re-introduce varieties that they have genetically helped. Say they found an old packet of seeds and took the plant DNA and spliced it with a different variety of fruit from the same family. They then cultivate and split the the DNA before starting again with the fresher DNA so eventually they reanimate the dead fruit variety. But it's never a true copy. There's always something not quite right with DNA bred fruit. Reviving a long dead fruit will be hazardous because a lot of new diseases and bugs that kill have sprung up since the fruit was originally thriving. The chances of successfully reviving are slim.
If you look at it one way, horticulturists are a bit like Frankenstein and some of their creations are absolutely hideous when you discover what they butchered to get the plant they wanted. Like making trees that bear three varieties of fruit - lemons limes and oranges for example. Mutant trees, monster trees. Imagine what someone could do to a banana tree. seven varieties on the one tree. Someone could technically grow a square banana or a round banana. Just altering a little DNA and splicing tree pieces together in laboratory conditions. The mind boggles really. We worry about GM crops breeding with non GM crops, but the GM nightmare can'r be stopped when botanists and horticulturists arte modifying plants all the time right under our ver noses. Take the stay ripe tomato for example the tomato that had a stronger longer lasting scent added. Beef tomatos are GM crops. baby vegetables are GM crops, those tiny mutant veggies that top restaurants use for nouvelle quisine dishes - petit pous and baby sweetcorn, GM crops and people don't complain about eating stupid foods or worry about the consequences. They just seize upon the fields of wheat that's GM and they go nuts. Environmental terrorists burning and stomping and destroying fields and fields of experimental crops like it was something out of a horror movie. It's already taken root this GM thing, no-one can stop it. So with that in mind and getting back to bananas I can't see the humble banana ever becoming really extinct.

Patient Zero
01-17-2003, 01:26 PM
Please don't cry for the Banana. It does not want your pity.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/01/17/offbeat.banana.reut/index.html

PoggleTheGreater
01-17-2003, 02:07 PM
It's alive!

BanthaPoodoo
01-17-2003, 02:28 PM
Mmmmmm Banana Laffy Taffy..........

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:25 PM
Sorry about the lack of pictures, here are some new ones.

Heh, the great things those Imperials throw away...

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:31 PM
Yes! The Horn of the Banana will sound in the deep one last time...

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:36 PM
And now...perfected...my fighting Banana!

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:37 PM
My precioussssssssssssssss...

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:39 PM
R. I. P.... :zzz:

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 03:41 PM
It seems that some creatures are not so fond of banani...

Kidhuman
02-07-2003, 03:49 PM
Dude your kitty looks tortured by the bananas.LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Darth Sidious
02-07-2003, 07:32 PM
Oh, but he is tortured by them...They haunt his footsteps constantly. :D

Darth Sidious
02-21-2003, 09:11 PM
Did it die, the thread? I think it may have...Oh well, hopefully some people still have faith...

Kidhuman
02-22-2003, 05:59 PM
Dude, I just keep forgetting to get Bananas at the store. I have some ideas for pics but no bananas.

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 03:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: You've got to see this!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 03:21 PM
Next picture:

Darth Sidious
03-08-2003, 03:23 PM
An awesome banana, if I do say so myself. (Even if it is kinda grisly...)

Kidhuman
03-08-2003, 09:31 PM
Dude your outta your mind. That is a BIG BANANA though. LMAO

darthvyn
03-09-2003, 12:13 PM
that is one big banana... it's got like, a chiseled point to it!

Darth Sidious
03-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Yeah, haha, it does. :D Too bad it's so grisly though...

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 03:31 PM
Here is a clip from Fox's new show

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 03:34 PM
Here is when we fight back

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 03:56 PM
Me and the Mrs. got together on the next few

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 03:57 PM
a new wig