PDA

View Full Version : The Funniest/Dumbest show you never saw...

Eternal Padawan
12-04-2002, 08:25 PM
...was Heat Vision & Jack.

Just your typical Astronaut-gets-too-close-to-the-sun-and-develops-superhuman-intelligence-and-has-to-go-on-the-lam-with-his-talking-motorcycle-who-used-to-be-his-unemployed-roommate kind of show.

Jack Black was Jack Austin, a NASA astronaut who, after being bombarded with solar radiation, becomes "8 times smarter than the smartest human" when exposed to sunlight.

THe evil NASA wants to capture him, so they send Ron Silver, former astornaut and sometimes actor (being played by Ron Silver naturally ;) ) to hunt hom down.

Jack is partnered with Heat Vision, a motorcycle who used to be Jack's unemployed roommate Doug. Doug was shot with an experimental ray aimed at Jack that melded him with the motorcycle he was sitting on. Doug/Heat Vision sounds alot like Owen Wilson.

And the whole thing was directed by an Emmy Winning Ben Stiller.

Sound too good to be true? Can't wait to see it? Wondering which channel to tune in to catch this monumental show?

Well, tough luck. FOX never picked this series up in '99 so the only episode is the pilot, where a line cook (played by Vincent Schiavelli) is invaded by an alien calling itself Paragon. Heat Vision and Jack have to stop the evil Paragon, avoid Ron Silver and convince the beautiful local sheriff (played by Mrs. Ben Stiller) not to call NASA and turn Jack in.

And the only way to see it is to get ahold of one of the few bootlegs circulating the back rooms and dark alleys...

"Some of you will be frightened, others aroused. Some of you will be entertained."

Patient Zero
12-05-2002, 11:42 AM
Well my vote would go to that Chris Elliot show, I think that it was called Get A Life or something. The episode I'm thinking of is the one with Spewy the regurgitating alien. I didn't know whether to laugh or destroy my television.

mrmiller
12-06-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Well my vote would go to that Chris Elliot show, I think that it was called Get A Life or something. The episode I'm thinking of is the one with Spewy the regurgitating alien. I didn't know whether to laugh or destroy my television.

Dude- what are you saying that show was great! So stupid you laugh at its stupidity of being stupid, or something like that. I'm stupid.

=MATT=

QLD
12-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna

Oh my God....I LOVE that episode.

My friend and I used to talk about it for YEARS afterwards!

scruffziller
12-07-2002, 02:41 PM
I would have to agree as well on the Chris Elliot show. Chris Elliot is such an underrated comedian. It's too bad that his projects didn't propel him to better greatness. I haven't seen him in a while, anyone know what he is up to?

Dr Zoltar
12-07-2002, 07:27 PM
Just saw last night's "John Doe" episode. I was certain it was going to be one of those "It's all a dream" episodes. It was bad -- real bad. So many inconsistencies and 80's MacGuyver like stuff I don't think I'll ever watch it again.

** SPOILER **

An example: the show was about a murder on a plane. A high-tech remote controlled device was used to activate the poison dispenser. John Doe concludes that it could not have been used from one of the lavatories because the walls were too thick to have a signal go through them. But later on in the episode, when he is trapped in the lavatory, he uses a child's cheap plastic walkie-talkie to radio for help. The show makes me ashamed to come from Seattle (which is where the show is based)!

JediTricks
12-08-2002, 07:43 PM
Actually, his point was the remote - which was a simple battery, button, LED indicator, antenna and housing - was too weak to get that signal all the way back there. They even proved that point by having him walk with the remote closer and closer to the device until it set off, the range was only 20 feet.

Exhaust Port
12-08-2002, 11:52 PM
Small Wonder?

Cop Rock?

JediTricks
12-09-2002, 09:03 PM
What amazes me is that Small Wonder ran for more than one season. Didn't anybody notice that VICKI was aging?!? :D

Seriously though, why the heck did Saved by the Bell live so long, and why did it spawn multiple spinoffs?

Arrogant Arse
12-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Hey, 3 words about Saved by the Bell: Tiffany-Amber Theisen

Nuff Said.

Okay, it was lame, i'll give you that.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Easy. It was a one-time MTV show called "The Idiot Box," starring the guy from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure who isn't Keannu Reeves (name?). I literally laughed for about 10 minutes straight afterwards, and I felt like my sides would rip open. Only skit I recall was called "[somebody] the Gimp" who tries to fly from the roof of the family that adopted him and his adopted brother dies or is crippled from the fall. Now, it's horrible not funny, but then... :D

Patient Zero
01-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I had blocked this one from my memory, but there was this show on MTV perhaps 5 or 6 years ago about strange things that people could do. I can't remember the name of it. Anyway my distant, psychotic ex-girlfriend was on it with Doug E Doug (I think his name was) and some rapping grany. What a horrid half hour of my life, being in MTV studios watching them tape it, that I will never get back. :cry:

Fulit
01-10-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Small Wonder?

I live for Small Wonder reruns, but they never show them. Ah, for the days when I was a young man and Fox was a young channel, I watched that show religiously because I hated that Jamie kid so bad. And who didn't want to punch Harriet in the face? And what TV exec gave the go-ahead to the idea that a prepubescent Jamie keeps the anatomically correct young female robot in his closet? As much as Jamie tried to manipulate Vicki during the day, I can only imagine what that sick little Billy Corgan look-alike was doing after lights out.

vulcantouch
01-14-2003, 12:36 AM
scruffy-z: just saw ce on letterman a coupla weeks ago, a hilarious guest as always but wasn't pluggin any project that i can recall, i think it was just a visit. click on my profile link for more GAL remarx :)
vt