PDA

View Full Version : KB Toys Sale Dec 5-8

Rogue II
12-04-2002, 10:14 PM
From Dec 5-8, KB Toys will have the following Sale:
Playskool:
$7.99 - Star Wars Small Adventure Sets (Endor set pictured)
$14.99 - Star Wars Large Adventure Sets (X-Wing set pictured)
It also says 20% off Playskool, so I don't know if that covers the Falcon or not.

And for the MOTU Collectors:
$39.99 - Castle Grayskull playset
$4.99 - Action Figures

And for the Transformers Collectors:
$7.99 - Deluxe Transformers - Robots in Disguise
$9.99 - Mega Transformers - Robots in Disguise

Mandalorian Candidat
12-05-2002, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the info, Rogue. Any info on the KB 4-pack of figures?

Rogue II
12-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Not in the ad that I found.

....But there is also a 25% off sale on all Hello Kitty Toys.;)

Old Fossil
12-05-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

....But there is also a 25% off sale on all Hello Kitty Toys.;)

I must be dreaming. ;)

stad
12-05-2002, 03:42 PM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!!

HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

OC47150
12-05-2002, 04:56 PM
I gotta track the Falcon playset down for my niece! It's nowhere to be found in my area.

stad
12-06-2002, 02:07 AM
The only place I've seen them is at K-B's, mainly up in Michigan.

OC47150
12-06-2002, 09:00 AM
The stores around here had them a month or so ago, but I was told my niece didn't play with her SW stuff much. That's not the case; I was told differently last week and have been scrambling to find one since.

Bent Wookie
12-06-2002, 12:46 PM
I wish someone will tell the stores about this sale! I've called 4 stores today and NO ONE has a clue about this sale. What's even stranger is that the figures are still ringing full price. Very odd indeed. Rogue II, where did you hear about this sale?

Bent

Prince Xizor
12-06-2002, 12:49 PM
I recently saw this ad in a flyer I got in my newspaper. I don't have it with me now, but I think the sale either is on now or starts this sunday.

Rogue II
12-06-2002, 12:50 PM
The ad was in the Dec 4 Washington Post. I still have the ad at home.

stillakid
12-06-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
From Dec 5-8, KB Toys will have the following Sale:
Playskool:
$7.99 - Star Wars Small Adventure Sets (Endor set pictured)
$14.99 - Star Wars Large Adventure Sets (X-Wing set pictured)
It also says 20% off Playskool, so I don't know if that covers the Falcon or not.

I picked up the Arena Playskool set yesterday. I had to ask for the extra 20% off and I had to do the math for her. :rolleyes:

So make sure you check the receipt and get the sale price.

Dar Basra
12-06-2002, 02:18 PM
I picked up the three smaller sets (Endor, Hoth and Arena) for $7.99 on Wednesday night at the KB Express on 42nd Street in Manhattan, and my wife picked up the two larger sets (X-Wing and Naboo fighters) for $14.99 AND the Millenium Falcon set for $27.99 today at the KB in East Brunswick Mall, NJ. All were properly marked at the sale price.

Bent Wookie
12-07-2002, 12:42 AM
Want to hear something weird?

Those "sale" prices that are listed are the same as the regular everyday prices at all the KB's I've seen the Playskool stuff. And I've just about gone mad trying to get the KB staff to accept that there's a sale going on! :dead: They think I'm trying to scam them or something! :rolleyes:

And you know the silliest thing of all? I actually got Toys R Us to price match the imaginary ad that KB refused to admit existed! How's THAT for irony?? :D BwaHaHaHA!

Bent

If it ain't bent, you need a wookie.

Adam
12-07-2002, 01:01 AM
So, of course I bought Robots In Disguise Megatron before I saw this thread.. oh well.. it was only three bucks more.

stillakid
12-07-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Bent Wookie
Want to hear something weird?

Those "sale" prices that are listed are the same as the regular everyday prices at all the KB's I've seen the Playskool stuff. And I've just about gone mad trying to get the KB staff to accept that there's a sale going on! :dead: They think I'm trying to scam them or something! :rolleyes:

And you know the silliest thing of all? I actually got Toys R Us to price match the imaginary ad that KB refused to admit existed! How's THAT for irony?? :D BwaHaHaHA!

Bent

If it ain't bent, you need a wookie.

When I bought that Arena Playskool set, I looked around for any signs at all of a sale. None. But, when I got to the counter, I found a stack of the fliers sitting there. As she was ringing me up, I turned to the page with the Playskool 20% off ad. That's when I showed it to her and asked if I got the discount. She looked at the register and said that no, I hadn't. Then she tried to rescan it or something. The "system" wouldn't take the 20% off. That's when she said she'd enter it manually and "we" did the math together. I told her it was about a buck sixty off. Weird sale.

Bent Wookie
12-07-2002, 12:26 PM
Whoever sees this post first, would either of you mind scanning in a picture of the ad so those of us without ads can convince KB such a sale actually is happening?

If this violates the forum rules I apologize in advance. If you need an email addy just let me know. Thanks! :)

Bent