PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars X-mas pictures

Pendo
12-05-2002, 01:06 PM
With Christmas just around the corner I thougt I'd get a Star Wars picture and make it a little more festive :)!

What Christmas Star Wars pictures have you guys made?

PENDO!

r2dee2
12-05-2002, 10:20 PM
HAPPY HOLIDAYS (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/R2xmas2001jpgmerryparticlelight.JPG) to all :D

scruffziller
12-07-2002, 03:42 PM
That would be cool.:eek:

A Star Wars Nativity scene!!!!!

Baby Luke and Leia
Padme and Anikin as Mary and Joseph.
Jedi Masters as wise men.
Dewbacks, Taun Tauns, Banthas, and those camel like things from eps 1 etc. in the stable.
Sand People as shepherds (they would be civilized for this):rolleyes: :D
Yoda as the little drummer boy.

The three gifts

lightsaber crystals
cloth for a Jedi cloak.
a block of titanium alloy
__________________________________________________ __
and elsewhere
Emperor Palpitine as King Herod.

stillakid
12-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
That would be cool.:eek:

A Star Wars Nativity scene!!!!!

Well, I couldn't do it to order, but here's an AOTC Xmas. :)

Jargo
12-07-2002, 07:06 PM
Hmmmmmm....... Christimass eh........................................?

2-1B
12-07-2002, 10:07 PM
stillakid, I like your use of the Death Star :D

jargo, that shot is all too real for me, considering how much I've spent this year (I just got home from some more shopping) :crazed:

Rogue II
12-08-2002, 01:16 PM
Here's Santa Mouse Droid.

scruffziller
12-08-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Well, I couldn't do it to order, but here's an AOTC Xmas. :)

COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Did you do that due to my post? If so I am glad I inspired another point of shining light to SSG!!:D

I can't believe I didn't think of the Death Star as the Christmas Star, good addition!!!!!:crazed:

You know if you really think about it, the Christmas story is alot like what happened in SW. Luke and Leia being hid from Vader and the Emperor and then growing up to become the savior.;)

Dar' Argol
12-08-2002, 02:24 PM
Well, I've had this one for quite some time now . . . . and I'm sure everyone has seen this . . . . but here you go:D

Rogue II
12-08-2002, 02:24 PM
R2 The Snow man...

r2dee2
12-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
R2 The Snow man...

Oh I Love that one!!!!:D

LTBasker
12-08-2002, 07:11 PM
This was an image I made last year as an entry to a Star Wars gaming site called the Massassi Temple. They would rotate all the entries so everytime you visited the page it would show a different front banner. Just thought I'd toss it in the thread...

Jargo
12-08-2002, 08:24 PM
These pics look great when you make them but then you have to resize them for the SSG system so all the detail gets smudged out. This one was great five minutes ago but now you can't hardly tell who it is because I had to make it so darn small. Oh well, here goes nothin'...

JediTricks
12-09-2002, 08:59 PM
Jargo, filesize limits on attachments is like 240k, ten times the size of your attachment there. (I think there's also a maximum pixel size limitation though, 800x800.)

Jargo
12-10-2002, 10:30 AM
But when i try to upload larger files - and not much larger - I get told my image is too large for the system. The other problem i havbe is detail. I optimise images before attaching but the quality of the image decreases greatly becoming woolly and fuzzy especially on sharp detail like lettering. I really can't see how to alter the settings to better facilitate my optimisations. Oh yeah, the image resolution of the originals is just 400 so it's not that high to start off with. I could understand it if i was using 600 resolution or above but i'm not.
If i currently had access to my webspace I'd host my own images to save on server strain and allow for larger image sizes. Unfortunately I don't have an FTP programme running at the momemt so I'm **** out of luck.

JediTricks
12-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Could be that the resolution being so high is affecting the program's ability to tell how big in pixels it actually is. I've been told that web browsers show images only at 72 dpi, so you might wanna try going to that then uploading.

Please LMK any more details on this, I want to get to the bottom of it. I may want to start a thread in Comments/Suggestions about it to avoid filling up this thread, so what I'd do is split off the posts about this and move them to that section.

stillakid
12-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Hmm, that doesn't sound right. Could be that the resolution being so high is affecting the program's ability to tell how big in pixels it actually is. I've been told that web browsers show images only at 72 dpi, so you might wanna try going to that then uploading.

Please LMK any more details on this, I want to get to the bottom of it. I may want to start a thread in Comments/Suggestions about it to avoid filling up this thread, so what I'd do is split off the posts about this and move them to that section.

I've posted pictures on the internet with dpi's larger than 72 without a problem.

That does become a problem for SSG because the program only accepts pictures of an acceptable size. Meaning that if you want a picture to be 72 dpi, it's dimensions have to be only so big. But if you increase the dpi, in order to keep the same relative file size, you have to shrink the dimensions.

For instance, the picture attached here was originally scanned in at 300 dpi with a width of 6.067 inches and a height of 8.933 inches. The resulting file size is 14 MB.

In order to post it here, I obviously have to shrink it somehow.

For this one attached, I kept the dpi the same (300) but had to adjust the dimensions to 1.1 inches x 1.62 inches to get the file size down to 470kb. Not only that, but in Photoshop anyway, when saving the file to JPEG format, you are given the option of saving it as a Large file (up to 12) or Small (1) or anywhere inbetween. This one I'm saving at 12, the maximum. It also gives me an indicator of just how long the download will be for someone with a 56k modem. In this case it estimates 40.7 seconds.

stillakid
12-10-2002, 06:25 PM
In this one, I keep the width and height the same (6.067 x 8.933 inches) but change the resolution to 55 dpi in order to get the file size down to 481 k.

Again, saving it at maximum quality for a JPEG (12) in Photoshop, the estimated download time is 41.58 seconds.

As you can see, the quality is practically the same between the two. I've managed to post decent quality jpgs just as long as I keep them around 500k. Somewhere above that at SSG kicks the post back telling me to reduce the filesize.

JediTricks
12-11-2002, 05:55 PM
That is exactly why I only resize photos by pixel dimensions. ;)

I wasn't saying web browsers wouldn't load a pic with higher resolution, I was saying that they wouldn't display the higher resolution - they'll only display it at 72dpi.

BTW, if you saved that 300dpi pic 2 steps below maximum quality (on PS 4, we only have 10 steps for JPG compression, so it'd be 8 on mine), it'd be 114k and look the same to the naked eye.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 07:29 AM
Okay thanks to that explanation i now understand where i was going wrong and can now post larger image files with smaller file kb sizes. I'm happy now thank you. :)

Ji'dai
12-19-2002, 04:36 PM
I put this little Star Wars-themed Christmas display together earlier this week.

These pics were captured by Bothan spies a few months before the Battle of Endor. Hey, it could've happened...

Ji'dai
12-19-2002, 04:39 PM
Stormtroopers wait patiently in line for a chance to sit on the jolly old guy's lap...

Ji'dai
12-19-2002, 04:41 PM
Stormtroopers put the finishing touches on the Endor Christmas tree. A Dark Trooper is conscripted for a special job...

Ji'dai
12-19-2002, 04:43 PM
What, no candy canes?!

Ji'dai
12-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Playing practical jokes on a Dark Lord of the Sith at the holiday party is probably not the best career move...

Pendo
12-19-2002, 04:46 PM
Hehehe, GREAT pics Ji'dai!!! I LOVE them :D!

PENDO!

Rogue II
12-19-2002, 05:09 PM
Those are awesome, Ji'dai!
:D

I love the Stormtrooper sitting on the Emperor's lap.

JediTricks
12-19-2002, 06:33 PM
Ha! That "Grinch" on Vader's back is too funny!!! :D

good shot jansen
12-19-2002, 09:59 PM
hee hee!:)

ji'dai, your star wars holiday snapshots are my favorite star wars xmas postings i have seen in a long time.

very well done.

my favorite are all the storm troopers waiting to sit in palpy's lap!
that's a hoot! i love how some of the helmets are cocked to the side just right, looking impatiently on, while waiting for their turn:)

great job, really well done.

jedihunter25
12-20-2002, 01:41 AM
Here is a pic of my lifesize Santa Yoda!

Pendo
12-20-2002, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
Here is a pic of my lifesize Santa Yoda!

"Hmm, very festive, I am. Yes."

:D

PENDO!

187-Maul
12-20-2002, 08:46 AM
very cool diorama Ji'dai (if you can call it that)
very funny, especially all the different poses of the stormtroopers:)

mabudonicus
12-20-2002, 12:11 PM
STANSE officially recognizes the festive season.... This "holiday card" was slapped together from the undisclosed location wherein the band is currently working hard on their new album, "Moments of Mastery", which is sure to delight all fans.
Hope you all have as much fun over the next few weeks as the boys are having, the Jawa juice is available in copious quantities, and there's a case of 21-b's on site in case anyone wants to take a whiff of the old style......
I have to go off to the doctors now, I slashed my hand open REAL good (to the fat, man!!) last night, but I'll be back again real soon.. (ps, no worries, jj, it's not my painting hand:)!!)
From Mabudon, and The STANSE, to all here, hope you all have an awesome holiday, and I hope that the new year is even crazier and FUNNER than the last, it's been a blast, let's see what's next!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

JediTricks
12-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Mabudon, isn't that Stanse card gonna bring heat from the TPL - Tauntaun Protection League? :D

mabudonicus
12-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Uhhh, yeah, sure JT, I can field that one......

Y'see, Stanse ordered a LIZARD for that shoot.... how the heck would they have known they were gonna get an ICE LIZARD?!?!?
Who ever heard of THAT????

BTW, he was delicious, once you got past the stink....

We couldn't just leave 'im there to ROT!!!