PDA

View Full Version : Tatooine Desert Beasts at Target - NJ

Dar Basra
12-06-2002, 06:42 PM
I just noticed at Target (in West Windsor, NJ) a number of items in what I believe to be the Micro Machines scale, including a Sandtrooper on a Dewback; a Jawa on a Ronto, and I think there was a speeder in one of them as well, and possibly some others. I was in a hurry, and since I don't collect that scale, I didn't pick them up ... but they looked to be newly stocked, and since I didn't see any threads which seem to discuss them, I thought I'd pass on the information.

(They also had one 3 3/4" Red Clone Trooper which I snagged - hooray!!!)

(EDIT: I believe the packages said "Action Fleet" - is that same line as the Micro Machines? Again, sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I am unfamiliar with these collections)

good shot jansen
12-07-2002, 06:03 AM
howdy dar basra,

the items you mention above are indeed part of the action fleet micro machines toy line.

galoob originally released these smaller vehicles, beasts, and figure assortment as part of the battle packs accessories package sets, meant to compliment the action fleet line of vehicles.

hasbro (who bought out galoob back in 98), has just started producing the action fleet line of micro machines toys after a three year hiatus.

unfortunately, instead of focusing on new toy releases, hasbro has reintroduced action fleet by releasing re-hashes of already released galoob action fleet vehicles and battle packs.

r2dee2's excellent web site toy force (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/battlepacks.htm), provides the most complete information available anywhere about the action fleet battlepacks.

i'm glad you stumbled upon us here in the outer rim dar basra, we'd be honored if you would join us!

:)

Dar Basra
12-07-2002, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome, Good Shot Jansen. I'll take off my coat and set a spell.