PDA

View Full Version : Early Bird Package

ACPin
11-05-2001, 09:48 AM
Never had this as a kid, so my questions are who did, how did you get it and do you still have it?

JEDIpartner
11-05-2001, 01:38 PM
I never got the actual kit myself. I was jealous 'cos my best mate got one. He got pretty sick of STAR WARS by the end of 1978, so he sold me the display stand and what was left of the contents for $.50. He had pretty much played out the value of it, but I still wanted it. I still have it up in my attic with the rest of my Vintage collection... all carefully packed away with love, lots of bubble wrap and in plastic tackle box trays.

JediCole
11-05-2001, 06:26 PM
This is how I got started, and how the rest of my life would be defined. My older brother gave me the Early Bird set for Christmas (1977), I was 12 at the time. I kept the envelope it all came in for almost a year at the most, but opening it up did not do well for its looks. I had the backdrop for many years but it eventually got worn out, and was replaced long before that with the "disco" action stand for the classic 12 figures, on which I display those figures to this day. The only thing that survives that is unique to the set is Luke's extending sabre. I remember being so mad when Ben and Vader came out and you couldn't pull out their sabres!

After that, its was almost 25 years of non-stop self-indulgence.

sith_killer_99
11-06-2001, 06:55 AM
I never had one, but a friend of mine got one for Christmas. I remember laughing at him.

"You got an empty box for Christmas.....HAHAHAHAHAHA!":D

HE was laughing a few weeks later.:( When he was the first kid on the block to have Star Wars action figures.

Wolfwood319
11-06-2001, 02:31 PM
I got mine in the box in my grandparents' basement with the rest of my youngest Uncle's vintage toys. Its one of the reasons I got into serious collecting in the first place. Most of the stuff was in excellent shape considering, and most was complete. The backdrops and some of the decals on vehicles are scraped off or fading, but other than that, its all good.