PDA

View Full Version : Wat Tambor?

Jek Porky 2002
12-07-2002, 04:52 AM
Who is Wat Tambor? He sounds to me like he could be a Senator or a Separatist, but which one?

Beast
12-07-2002, 05:26 AM
Best place for charecter info:

http://starwars.com/databank/character/wattambor/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
12-07-2002, 05:40 AM
Thanks Jar Jar, I thought it was a Separatist, I didn't realise it was the Medium Wave Radio Head though, does anyone else think he looks like something off Power Rangers?

He might make a good figure though, so we'll just have to wait and see!

fourtwo
12-07-2002, 06:00 AM
i'd say will make a good figure.
:)
he's a neat looking character.

kadamontaga
12-07-2002, 06:29 AM
Not that I want to promote the enemy, but Rebelscum have done a little feature on who a few of the odd names in next year's line-up. See http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=10717

Jargo
12-07-2002, 07:10 AM
The original maquette is probably closest to how the figure will look. Just imagine it with color and bob's your lobster, one Wat Tambor figure/statue. But at least he'll be a colorful statue.

Old Fossil
12-07-2002, 08:52 AM
This guy looks like he wandered off the set of Lilo & Stitch!

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 10:05 AM
His head looks like a TOOTH.

Jargo
12-07-2002, 10:08 AM
That's George's wisdom for you that is........

Sorry, very weak. I'll try harder next time. :D

dirtybones
12-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Does this guy roll on a large wheel for legs? in the movie he looks as if he is glideing along the ground. I hope not.

Turbowars
12-07-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
That's George's wisdom for you that is........

Sorry, very weak. I'll try harder next time. :D Don't worry Jargo, It was a little funny! LOL Wisdom tooth.

jjreason
12-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Sorry, Jargo, but Im going to have to pull that joke....:rolleyes:

Oh. I can't. I hereby grant it permission to stay, then. :)

Jek Porky 2002
12-07-2002, 01:13 PM
Wow he really does make a great figure!

Also, is he the same species as the leader of the banking clan, but with breathing apparatus and some kind of voice machine, oh and a wheel instead.

Banthaholic
12-07-2002, 02:01 PM
The banking clan chairman San Hill rocks, there isn't anything like a skinny headed frankenstein. I eagerly await the day when he gats cast in plastc.

Jargo
12-07-2002, 02:43 PM
I totally agree. San Hill all skinny with a Shu Mai pack-in figure would rock. But a 2-pack of Shu Mai with her assistant might be better. San Hill on his own with some accessory nonsense. Worked for taun We didn't it.

Wat Tambor doesn't really do much of anything does he but he's just so funky looking. I kinda like how he's sort of industrial/medieval looking while having that art deco look too. I don't really care if he has no legs and basically turns out to be a salt shaker, he's cool, I want. It would be nice if hasbro did actually make the effort to give him legs though. A nice little surprise for openers.

As for the other seperatists, Toonbuck Toora is massive so she'd end up being a big blister pack like Ephant. Tikkes is the same design as Tundra Dowmeia but with different skin coloration they could capitalise on that like they did with the Mon calamari officer and Admiral Ackbar, did Po Nudo make it into the movie or not? No matter. Passel Argente is the only other one I can think of. He has that assistant that looks like him so again all hasbro has to do is cast the same figure in different colors and they've got a whole new figure out of the one sculpt. I wouldn't complain since it would save me the job of customising one if they made Passel.

Wat tambor wasn't it? Yeah. Hope they make his breast plate metallic and not just some sparkly gray plastic rubbish like deluxe C-3PO.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2002, 10:12 AM
I was going to add that Wat Tambor looks SO "Flash Gordon." I like him, though...