PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler On Front Page

Jek Porky 2002
12-07-2002, 06:08 AM
There is a minor spoiler on the front page of this website, And the thing is it actually has the jist of the spoiler in the title, who thinks that they when they go to display spoiler news they should just put Spoiler and not what the spoiler is so that people don't see them without clicking on it.

That probably doesn't make any sense at all, but I'm finished.

Beast
12-07-2002, 06:22 AM
How is ****** having to put some ******* on for E3 a spoiler? You know what, there are things that are spoilers and things that are not. The need for an actor to **** ** for a role is such minor minor info in the scheme of things. It's ******* ** to fill out a role, you learn nothing about the charecter or the plot from such a minor statement. Natalie Portman has to get a new haircut for E3. Gasp!!! Your enjoyment of her haircut has been ruined. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mod Note: The policy for this section is absolutely no spoiler no matter how insignificant.

Pendo
12-07-2002, 06:24 AM
TheForce.Net has a habbit of doing that :mad:! EVERY spoiler they get they put it as the title.

This is just an example it's NOT a spoiler they've had, but TFN has titles such as:

Padmé to die in Episode III
Sidious isn't Palpatine
Lando Calrissian to appear in Episode III

I feel like I know the whole movie just from reading titles of news reports from websites :mad:!

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
12-07-2002, 06:51 AM
Jar Jar, it wasn't seeing the spoiler that annoyed me, it was the fact that it was there to see, and if it was some major mind blowing spoiler I would have seen it without even clicking on it.

Oh and Pendo, thanks for the warning, I won't be visiting The Force.net again in a hurry!

dirtybones
12-07-2002, 11:20 AM
Yeah Pendo, thanks!

Jedi Clint
12-07-2002, 05:17 PM
Jek, you may receive better results by private messaging and/or emailing JT and/or Steve. I would move this to the comments and suggestions forum, but the no spoiler gloves may come off over there as that is the nature of this topic, therefore you would not be able to participate in the discussion and remain spoiler free. I guess what I am saying is, I can only protect no spoiler folks from spoilers dropped in the forums I mod.

stillakid
12-07-2002, 05:24 PM
You know, I'm a big no-proponent of no-spoilers, but Episode III is a slightly different case. Unlike Ep I and II, where anything could happen (and unfortunately did :rolleyes: ), the events of Episode III are almost pre-ordained. With Episode III being bookended by the setup in the first two Prequels and all the events in the Original Trilogy, how can anything really be a surprise?

Certainly, there will be some minor details here and there, but on the whole, anybody that has seen the films, has a basic knowledge of how to tell a story, and skill enough to sit down and think it all through can come up with a pretty good idea of what we'll see in Episode III. And you can figure it out without reading a single TRUE spoiler. I know what I don't want to see and I know what he must show. About the only thing that'll truly surprise me at this point will be a really well written movie. :)

Darth Trymybestus
01-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
With Episode III being bookended by the setup in the first two Prequels and all the events in the Original Trilogy, how can anything really be a surprise?

I'm sure there are things that will be surprising, I mean, I didn't think there would be as many surprises in Attack of the Clones.
There are some things that we know happen but we don't know how they happen.
Then there are things we simply don't know, I mean who'd have expected in Episode II that Boba Fett would be a clone of a Bounty Hunter who was the template for the Army of the Republic?

In Episode III...

Will Yoda fight against Darth Sidious?
What will happen to Count Dooku?
What will happen to the Jedi Temple?
What will finally push Anakin over the edge?
How will the new Emperor be revealed?
What happens to Padme and Jar Jar Binks?
How will Obi-Wan Kenobi & Owen Lars fall out?
What happens to Mace Windu?
What role will Boba Fett play in the movie?
What happens to Bail Organa?
What planets will we see?
What new Jedi Knights will we see?
What will we see of Darth Vader?
Will we see Anakin put the suit on?
Will we see Darth Vader fight?
What happens in the Senate?
What will happen on Kamino?
What will happen to the Geonosians?
What new bad guy will we see?
What will happen to the Jedi younglings?

Who knows???????????????? :confused: :)

All of those things will be surprises :)

Pendo
01-06-2003, 12:24 PM
Darth Trymybestus, for fun, I'm going to speculate on your questions :)

Will Yoda fight against Darth Sidious?
Hope not

What will happen to Count Dooku?
Yoda will kick his arse again and kill him.

What will happen to the Jedi Temple?
It will be destroyed by the clones.

What will finally push Anakin over the edge?
The death of Padmé and the twins ;)

How will the new Emperor be revealed?
Darth Sidious will take control of the Republic, then remove his hood to reveal he is Palpatine.

What happens to Padme and Jar Jar Binks?
They both die

How will Obi-Wan Kenobi & Owen Lars fall out?
Owen places Obi-Wan responsble for Anakin's fall.

What happens to Mace Windu?
Anakin will weaken him, for Boba Fett to kill.

What role will Boba Fett play in the movie?
A very small sub plot which the story could probably do without. Probably just wants revenge on his father's death.

What happens to Bail Organa?
Noting too important. He survives the battles and lives peacefully on Alderaan.

What planets will we see?
Tatooine (briefly), Coruscant, Naboo, Alderaan, Dagobah.

What new Jedi Knights will we see?
Not many, George needs to kill the Jedi, not introduce more :p.

What will we see of Darth Vader?
The whole suit!

Will we see Anakin put the suit on?
Hopefully not!

Will we see Darth Vader fight?
Yes, but not in a main battle, probably just swings his lightsaber a few times and a few Jedi are dead.

What happens in the Senate?
Palpatine, as Sidious, takes complete control!

What will happen on Kamino?
Nothing, not in the movie!

What will happen to the Geonosians?
Nothing, not in the movie!

What new bad guy will we see?
Tarkin.

What will happen to the Jedi younglings?
They will die. Just because they're children doesn't mean that george can't kill them. He'll probably have to do it off screen, but I think that it is important to the overall Star Wars story that ALL Jedi, except Ben and Yoda, are dead.

Darth Trymybestus
01-06-2003, 12:35 PM
Here's what I think...

Anakin will kill Dooku infront of the Emperor, just like Luke fought Vader infront of the Emperor in Return of the Jedi.
I think Anakin will kill Mace Windu.
I really think Yoda might fight Darth Sidious but if he does, it'll be a battle using the force... remember "do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor", so Yoda may have seen his power :)
I wonder how George would handle a Jar Jar death seeing as he was made for the kids.. then again, he said Episode III will be very dark.
And from your predictions Pendo.. I may have to watch Episode III from behind the sofa :crazed: :D

Fulit
01-06-2003, 12:48 PM
What's the spolier? Where is it? I want to know.

stillakid
01-06-2003, 12:50 PM
In Episode III...

Will Yoda fight against Darth Sidious? No. He'll see the writing on the wall and escape Coruscant before it gets blown to pieces.

What will happen to Count Dooku? He'll be hunted down by Anakin and killed.

What will happen to the Jedi Temple? It'll be bombarded by the Clone Army and destroyed in a surprise attack. This kills many Jedi in one swift stroke.

What will finally push Anakin over the edge? He hasn't needed any reasons so far to throw a tantrum so don't expect there to be any one good reason. However, we can speculate that perhaps Palpatine will set up a situation between Obi and Padme that makes it appear to Anakin as though those two have something going on. Seducing someone to the Force is a subtle and malicious process, not just one quick act.

How will the new Emperor be revealed? He won't be "revealed" unless GL is stupid and has somebody else become the Emperor. Palpatine is doing away with all the economic entities of the Republic first. Then he'll set his sights on the Jedi. As the Clones target them, Palpatine will stand up in the Senate and declare himself Emperor. Then, as we've seen in Ep IV, offscreen he does away with the last political entity of the Republic, that being the Senate.

What happens to Padme and Jar Jar Binks? Palpatine will send Anakin out to hunt down Dooku. Just before he leaves, Ani and Padme have one last roll in the hay. She never sees him again. Near the end of the movie, she learns of Anakin's emotional and physical fate from Obi Wan. This leads to the "sadness" that Leia speaks about in ROTJ.

Jar Jar either dies on Coruscant or later on Naboo.

How will Obi-Wan Kenobi & Owen Lars fall out? This question only makes sense in the old way of thinking, when Obi and Owen were brothers. Now, the REAL question is, what prompts Obi Wan to take baby Luke to Tatooine at all, much less to Owen's Estate? The only time Obi has ever been on that planet was when he was left twiddling his thumbs on the Queen's ship as Qui Gon went off to do everything Obi was supposed to be doing (as described in the OT).

What happens to Mace Windu? He'll die in a spectacular fashion, thus symbolizing the ultimate fate of the Jedi.

What role will Boba Fett play in the movie? He shouldn't play any. Much too young. But if we enter the story at least 10 years in the future, then we might see some gratuitous shots of him blasting away at some Jedi. After all, he's a "fan favorite." :rolleyes:

What happens to Bail Organa? He'll keep that sad look on his face for two hours. If GL decides to give away all the secrets from the OT, we'll see a shot of him taking a baby from Padme and leaving with it.

What planets will we see? Coruscant, Tatooine (for no apparent reason), Naboo, Kamino (quickly to show more Clones loading up for deployment), and perhaps one or two other random planets to show the "war."

What new Jedi Knights will we see? None of any consequence. Just some random extras to show getting blown away by the Clone Army.

What will we see of Darth Vader? Hopefully nothing. But given that James Earl Jones is signed on, the least we'll hear is an off-screen voice-over. The most will be a gratuitous montage of him getting the suit put on. At worst, we'll see him marauding through the galaxy slaughtering Jedi. God help us.

Will we see Anakin put the suit on? God help us, but probably.

Will we see Darth Vader fight? God help us, but probably.

What happens in the Senate? Same as in the first two. Somebody will get up to make a speech or declare something, then we'll see a couple wide shots of aliens hooting and hollaring.

What will happen on Kamino? Just a quick scene of more Clones loading up.

What will happen to the Geonosians? Inconsequential bugs. But part of Palpatine's plan is to wipe out the Trade Federation, so we'll likely see the droid factory get bombarded.

What new bad guy will we see? Too late to establish any new primary characters. Bringing in a "new" bad guy at this point would detract from Anakin's "fall."

What will happen to the Jedi younglings? They'll perish as the Jedi Temple bites it.