PDA

View Full Version : Padmé Amidala: Tatooine Outfit #20

Beast
12-08-2002, 12:07 AM
Well, now that Hasbro has confirmed that we're getting a Padmé Tatooine Outfit, I figured we should see which outfit is preferred by the people that post here. Padme wears 3 outfits on Tatooine, 1 of which is her Geonosis Jumpsuit. So that leaves us with 2 outfits since the Jumpsuit is one of the first figures of 2003.

I have attached an image of both outfits. Also Note that the cape that she wears when Anakin goes to see Watto is not a seperate outfit. If you look at the attached picture, you can see that she is wearing the belly dress beneath it. So that really gives Hasbro three options. So which do you want? :)

1. Belly Outfit with Cloak: I really like the cloak, but I fear that a removable soft goods cloak won't be considered. This would be the best option though, since that kills two birds with one stone as far as Padmé's E2 outfits go.

2. Belly Outfit: I like the look of the outfit. Nice and simple and less flashy then most of her gowns. It seems a little bland though, so Hasbro's best option would be to go with the outfit with the vibrant cloak done in soft goods.

3. Blue Native Outfit: I really like the look of this outfit. It's one of my favorite of Padmé's E2 outfits because it shows her beauty without being elaborate. The poncho peice could be soft goods, to allow it to be removable.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
12-08-2002, 01:45 AM
Im thinking option 3 is in the cards more so than the other two as it can be done all in plastic. I hope it's a collection 2 type figure with the attention to detail as good as Palpatines. Then Ill finally be impressed with a figure of Padme.

Beast
12-08-2002, 02:02 AM
JJreason, I should have mentioned it in my post but Padmé: Tatooine will be a collection 2 figure. So whichever outfit Hasbro chooses should look excellent. I myself am also hoping for #3, because I think that #1 should be done in soft goods with a soft goods Ani, both packed with the Rickshaw Speeder. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
12-08-2002, 02:19 AM
I like the pretty white one in the middle.:kiss:

JesusFreak
12-08-2002, 02:20 AM
I like all of them but it would be nice to get a Padmé in the blue outfit with as much attention to detail as Palpatine, like jjreason said.

stad
12-08-2002, 03:00 AM
I would also have to agree, I think that not only is #3 more likely, I like it better as well.

Banthaholic
12-08-2002, 03:08 AM
#3 has to be my preference, although the outfit she wore when she looks like Leia has to be a close second

Timbo
12-08-2002, 03:33 AM
Knowning hasbro they might make #2 simple and easy like the first 2 padme that came out this year. I wonder does that mean we will be getting 3 Padmes next year? some how i think this new one is replacing the wedding gown? i mean wasnt the wedding one suppose to come out next after the Driod Factory escape? but either way is great to see hasbro is making more Padme figures... now if only we will get the last few we need from Ep1!

Beast
12-08-2002, 03:49 AM
I think that we might see three of them next year, and that's cool from my point of view. The wedding one was rumored, and did appear on lists. So there is always a chance that Hasbro pushed it back or they decided to not do it yet.

I think they should really go all out for wedding gown padme. Do it in a Screen Scene with Anakin, and maybe throw in the Naboo Holy Man as the 3rd figure. That's the sort of things we should see in the Screen Scenes, IMHO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
12-08-2002, 05:52 AM
I like #3 a lot, but I actually prefer #2, it just looks a bit better IMO, and the added soft goods cloak (#1) would of course be a plus
now the other question, what accessories could you pack her with?

JEDIpartner
12-08-2002, 10:46 AM
From what I can recall... the clothes underneath the cloak in the first pic are pretty much identical to the clothes in the second pic. I think the only thing different is that headcovering she has in the first pic. I highly doubt that there would be "interchangeable heads". One bonus is that, if I remember correctly, Padme doffs the cloak before she sits at the table at homestead... so we COULD get the second one WITH the cloak.

Honestly, though... I'd prefer the last one.

Jargo
12-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Using a little logic, the listings say a soft goods Padme is due, plus Hasbro confirmed that Tatooine Padme is due, therefore simple deduction says option one, white belly outfit under a soft goods cloak. Everyone assumed the soft goods would be the wedding outfit but knowing hasbro they'll make us wait for that one. The soft goods cloak would fit with the Lars homestead screen scene and with a Mos Espa set up using Watto, an Anakin and a possible Rickshaw speeder if they ever bother to make one.
I think we might possibly get the blue outfit at some point but i don't see it coming this early.

But my money is most definately on option one, soft goods cloak with white belly outfit underneath to give some play value in a girly figure. (Who for the most part during the Tatooine scenes stands like a wet fish and does nothing at all). This might possibly herald a soft goods Anakin and it's entirely possible that both figures might have knees so they could sit in the speeder. But maybe that's asking too much. Definately the soft cloak and white outfit... DEFINATELY.

JEDIpartner
12-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
...my money is most definately on option one, soft goods cloak with white belly outfit underneath to give some play value in a girly figure. (Who for the most part during the Tatooine scenes stands like a wet fish and does nothing at all).

My dear friend, I didn't realise that a wet fish had the capability to stand... ;)

Jargo
12-08-2002, 11:55 AM
It does when rigormortis sets in :happy: *drone*please don't look at me that way*drone*it makes me feel uncomfortable*drone*don't try to grow up too fast*drone*I'm going to rescue Obi-Wan*dronedronedrone*

She's actually much better when she's not speaking but if only she could learn to act with her body as well as her face. Maybe that's a lesson she skipped at acting class.

Anyway, the white outfit offers more chance of getting a padme with legs than the tubelike blue outfit. The blue outfit will end up looking like Mon Mothma probably. While this white outfit is lighter looking and it's entirely feasible that it'll have a soft goods lower skirt. That way the cloak might be plastic if they actually shove a cloak on it. My bet is on a plastic lower skirt and soft goods cloak though. I can feel it in my bones. But then my bones are arthritic so what that says i do not know.

Timbo
12-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Acutally i been wondering why they keep calling the Driod Factory Padme " Soft Good " i mean her little cape from all the pix we have been looks to be plastic ... i dont know why hasbro keep calling it that...

Beast
12-08-2002, 04:05 PM
Jargo, the Droid Factory Padmé is the one that has the soft goods moniker. Timbo, I think they originally planned to do the cape in soft goods, and then decided to go with plastic because it looks better on such small figures. Other then Lando's cape, very few figures have ever had decent soft goods cloaks/capes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Timbo
12-08-2002, 04:30 PM
Jar-jar thats what i was thinking also. I acutally thinks that plastic looks better than Soft goods anyways.... sometimes soft goods make it look out of place or something... acutally pix #1 if they repainted it can past as one of those handmaidens outfit from Ep1 in the senate's dressing room.

Death Star Gimp
12-08-2002, 06:18 PM
I would like to see #1 done with a Unipod & droid and with Anakin. If your asking which one I would like to see on a Saga card then it would be #3, it's a much more interesting outfit and is worn in the memorable Anakin outburst scene.

Chiesa
12-08-2002, 06:19 PM
i like the second one... It would be great if it is not made of plastic and all. But if they do come out with that, wouldn't it look a tad too similar to the Padme: Arena, where they all be wearing white. So prbably Hasbro will come out with #3 :) just an opinion!

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

Timbo
12-08-2002, 08:18 PM
wasnt the second one in the movie light blue? rather than white?

Beast
12-08-2002, 08:24 PM
There is a debate on exactly what color the second outfit it. Some say white, some say blue. I think it's a very very very light blue color, almost white. Then again, lighting and film cameras can change the color of things significantly. Of course in the case of E2 there is no physical film, since the movie was filmed digitally. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
12-08-2002, 08:29 PM
I think it's blue and she looks Hot in that outfit, so # 2 gets my vote. I hope it was OK to post in one of your threads JarJar.:sur: :rolleyes:

Jargo
12-08-2002, 08:55 PM
Where does it say Padme droid factory is soft goods? The official site says
Padmé Amidala, Droid Factory Chase, with 12 points of articulation! (’03 #4) So it's fair to assume considering Padme droid factory quite obviously has a molded plastic cape shown in the published pictures recently, that a soft goods Padme Tatooine is possible. There is obviously mutterings on the rumor mill about soft goods somewhere but no-one has come up with anything yet. I'm just saying that it's highly likely to be this one - Tatooine padme. Wedding dress Padme will be molded owing to the fine details in the dress which no human cloth could do justice to on that small a scale. Everyone whinged about Bespin Leias soft goods lacey thing so hasbro won't try that again. However the cloth for padmes shimmering cape could be done. It would only require a print over the top of shiny fabric to get the shimmering design to work. Or the cape will be one piece plastic with paint application and the lower skirt will be soft goods so her legs can work if they make the rickshaw speeder. But i don't think she'll come with a cape anymore. I think padme tatooine will be the belly top outfit but without the cape. Why? because the blue outfit makes her look like someones aunty and the trend so far has been to show Padme's glamorous more sultry side. It's a collection two figure so it's aimed at collectors who are predominently male and aged mostly between 20 and fourty. precisely the sort of female figure that will fly off the shelves is the belly top outfit. The blue outfit like i said earlier will no doubt appear at some point but who's going to buy a figure that looks like it's wearing some ropey old bathrobe?

Beast
12-08-2002, 09:01 PM
I realize that Jargo. But when the original rumor lists came out that was the Droid Factory one that was listed as soft goods. So I think thats what your recalling for the 2003 Padme figure. I could be wrong, but I do remember the original rumors and product lists saying "Soft goods cape". This obviously changed for the final figure. I still think #3 is most likely, because we've had 3 bland Padmé's so far. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-10-2002, 01:24 PM
Quick Update, apperantly Hasbro made a mistake on the list. Figure #20 will not be Padmé: Tatooine Outfit. They have now corrected the list, and she is Padmé Amidala in Wedding Dress ('03 #20). But now I'm wondering if they will do the Tatooine Outfit as well. That is a pretty big error, so I bet that one of her Tatooine Outfits is being produced also. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
12-10-2002, 08:17 PM
I liked Natalie's mid-riff showing. A lot of attention to detail went into the special effects on that film, and this had to be my favorite one! :D

That being said, I'm planning on setting up a few Tatooine scenes.

I'm NOT going to be doing Anakin's tantrum scene in the garage, though I think it was one of Hayden's best scenes. I will add that scene if they make the Padme, but it's only the 2 of them, and not my favorite outfit for her.

Yes she looks good in blue, but her bathrobe over her nightgown is blue too (balcony scene, and the assassin droid scene- which is an action sequence of the film that only goes with 3-4 other figures already made (R2 with kuhouns, Typho, Obi-Wan CC, Anakin Tatooine would look good in a recreation of that scene, too) So, there's that option.

On Tatooine, I'm doing about 7 scenes:

Seeing Watto (I'd like the rickshaw vehicle for this one, so PADME Tatooine HOOD UP with soft goods might help - or they can't ride in the rickshaw, and I'm not goint to buy 2 versions of the figures for the same scene because Hasbro doesn't release one that can sit in the vehicle upon the time the vehicle is actually released. Sound familiar?)

Lars Homestead: I want to do a conglomerate of Anakin getting on the swoop, as well as use my Cliegg, Owen, Beru, C-3PO figures and with PADME (midriff showing). She looked hot and I like figures that are like art, and show such feminine sex-appeal off. That's my taste.

Shmi's death.

Anakin's Tusken slaughter (done in more glory than the movie's).

Both of these don't require a Padme figure.

Shmi's funeral uses the Droid Factory Padme without the cloak (I think).

Padme's ship (hopefully will seat 4, and it's obvious which figures I will use).

In any case, doing Anakin's tantrum scene - a 2 figure scene, has limited appeal to me. Making the garage playset, some of the Lars' vehicles parked there, etc. might change my mind. But ordinarily, I like my scenes to show off a variety of the great work that makes up Hasbro's figures.

The exceptions for 2 - figure scenes from E2 that I can think of might include Padme's backless gown from the kiss by the lake scene. It was a beautiful scene and I love the way she looks in that dress. It would be quite a different Star Wars figure for sure. Her black outfit, and her outfit from the meadow scene would be some others I could see being done.

I've done some 2 figure scenes before: Luke taking off Vader's mask, Luke with Yoda from ROTJ, most of the Classic Lightsaber duels, save for ROTJ when the Emperor is there, also.

But the main crux of why Anakin throws that tantrum is because his mother dies, and then he kills the Tuskens.

I'm doing a scene with just him and his mother (well, it might be a Tusken hut cross-section where you can see two guards outside with their Massifs).

And I'm doing the Tusken slaughter.

They're action figures first, and these are the action scenes. The garage is just them talking about what happened, after the fact. And I'd have to be a bigger fan of the blue dress to indulge in that one - but if the figure looks good - I won't oppose buying it (and another extra Anakin figure :rolleyes: )