PDA

View Full Version : George Lucas on Carrie Fisher...LOL...the TV show!

sith_killer_99
12-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Well, I was just channel surfing and noticed that tonight's guest on Carrie Fisher will be none other that George Lucas himself!:D

Beast
12-08-2002, 09:50 PM
I've seen that episode, it's great. Carrie and George even discuss the Slave Girl costume. I may have to watch it again. Especially to hear what Carrie thinks of the costume. I remember she jokes about it being some erotic fantasy of George's, and such. I think in the end she says that she has no problems with it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-08-2002, 11:01 PM
I saw one of her recent shows on Oxygen and noticed that seems a little bit bloated and puffy. Has anyone else noticed it? I'm not completely sure if it is weight gain or something else.

Anyway, she seems to have a lot of fun on those shows. As a writer and an interviewer, she is really introspective and delves into her subjects like few others can. Plus, she brings a keen sense of humor to those interviews as well.

Exhaust Port
12-08-2002, 11:56 PM
I ran across this show tonight as I was flipping through the channels on someone else's TV (as I've unprogramed the O2 channel from mine). Very insight full interview I wish I could have seen the whole thing. It looks like I might have to program the channel back in so I don't miss out the next time.

LTBasker
12-09-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I think in the end she says that she has no problems with it. :)

Just before ANH she was in a Playboy Bunny outfit on Laverne and Shirley, you think she'd have a problem with a metal bikini? :p

sith_killer_99
12-09-2002, 12:32 PM
That's ironic, last night they talked about George Lucas blowing her off to go to the Playboy mansion.:D

But it was for the "Film Association", right George.;)

Pendo
12-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Didn't Carrie get the idea for her TV show from when she was on So Graham Norton? That was the FUNNIEST So episode to date :p! Carrie is so funny :D!

Anyway, I'd LOVE to see her show, especially with Lucas on it! If anyone knows where I can download some MPEGs of her show I'd be most grateful. Anyone know if there are plans for her show to hit British TV?

PENDO!

sith_killer_99
12-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Pendo, I couldn't tell you, she is currently on "Oxygen". Though, it would probably fit in nicely with BBC.:)

JediTricks
12-09-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Just before ANH she was in a Playboy Bunny outfit on Laverne and Shirley, you think she'd have a problem with a metal bikini? :p Actually, that ep of "Laverne and ________" (this was after Shirley left the series, never understood why they kept the character in the title) was from 1982, and Carrie was actually MORE dressed as a clumsy Playboy club bunny than in the ROTJ outfit! :D Also, unlike her performance in the SW Holiday Special, when she sang in this ep it wasn't so bad... of course, seeing Penny Marshall also in a bunny costume took months of therapy to get over. :crazed: :p

DTMAN
12-13-2002, 07:25 PM
The Fisher show is very good esp. since it was filled not long after 9/11.

The funniest part is when she wanted to be buried at Skywalker Ranch. I found it interesting how Lucas worked w/Fisher on Young Indiana Jones. How both think differently on dialogue.

As to Fisher herself, her look has to do with her medication due to her manic depressive condition. It is a side effect.

Also, Pendo, what is So Graham Norton? Is that from the UK?

Any chance you have a copy? I would interested.

I have a copy of the Fisher program. Also, if you have seen the Moyers special with Lucas, it was very insightful and a great interview as well.

Thank you.

Pendo
12-14-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by DTMAN
Also, Pendo, what is So Graham Norton? Is that from the UK?

Any chance you have a copy? I would interested.

I have a copy of the Fisher program. Also, if you have seen the Moyers special with Lucas, it was very insightful and a great interview as well.

Thank you.

So Graham Norton is the funniest show in the world :p!!! It is from the UK, but you might be able to catch it on BBC America if you have that. Here's BBC America's Graham Norton page (http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/comedy_games/so_graham_norton/so_graham_norton.jsp).
And here's the UK's Channel 4 Graham Norton page (http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/graham/index.html), where you may be able to find some video clips and pictures from the show (note that in the UK, Graham's show has now changed name to "V Graham Norton", but it's basically the same old rude stuff :p).

Hope this helps you DTMAN!

PENDO!

eyEdeaD JEDI
12-27-2002, 11:09 PM
I know George Lucas likes to pick the costumes for his female heroes, he designed none other than Natalie Portman's corset in attack of the clones :D

mini-rock
12-27-2002, 11:56 PM
Deadeye?

Beast
12-28-2002, 11:34 AM
Mini-Rock, it looks like it is him. Looks like even after 3-4 bannings he can't take a hint. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
12-28-2002, 12:34 PM
It's not DeadEye because he can't even access the site because he's on an IP bad.

...Unless he got a new PC for x-mas :sur:!!!

I don't think it's DE, probably just another forumitie having a bit of a laugh!

PENDO!

eyEdeaD JEDI
12-28-2002, 04:48 PM
I'm no Deadeye, I am eyEdeaD JEDI :zzz:

mini-rock
12-29-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by eyEdeaD JEDI
I'm no Deadeye, I am eyEdeaD JEDI :zzz:

Oh ok. My bad.

As for the Carrie Fisher show w/ GL I caught that a few months ago when I was flippin channels. I think it was about the same time the Fan Film Awards were on.

eyEdeaD JEDI
12-29-2002, 07:36 PM
I wonder how long it'll be before we see a Mark Hamill show? I'd love to see Lucas on that :D
Maybe even Hayden and Natalie :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2002, 08:08 PM
Right sure you're not Deadeye. Hmm the sig line that boasts you as the number 1 online gaming expert arouses a bit of suspcion . . .

QLD
12-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Hmm....he may not be eyEdEaD JEDI, because he is definately Leatherneck.

Darth Trymybestus
12-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I think you're right... I just searched for some of Leatherneck's posts and got a feeling of Deja Vu :D :crazed:

Pendo
12-30-2002, 06:36 AM
I agree that they do seem a little DeadEye-ish, but how'd he get around the IP ban?...

...Never mind, I'm just staying out of it from now :rolleyes:!

PENDO!