PDA

View Full Version : The Muppets figures

Jayspawn
12-09-2002, 12:11 AM
There was a thread for The Muppets figures a while ago. It seems to have disapeared so I thought I'd start an official 'Muppets' thread. Anyways...

I picked up Crazy Harry and the 'blue' Floyd Pepper figures at Electronics Botique tonight. They were $7.99 with is a good price for such great figures. They also has the Electric Mayhem Playset w/ Animal for $19.99. Another great deal because its HUGE! And the Animal figure is very cool.

They also had Gonzo and Fozzie as well as the 'red' Floyd.

ConvergeDW
12-09-2002, 03:24 AM
JaySpawn, Do you know what the packing on the blue Floyds is, is it one per case?

kadamontaga
12-09-2002, 03:35 AM
I think its one per case, but I'm not 100% sure.
I did hear that there are 2 red Floyds for every 1 blue Floyd. I think that's a decent ratio for a variant. Still a "chase", but an easy one.

Jayspawn
12-09-2002, 09:05 PM
The Blue Floyd is one per case. It should be easy to find if you're able to find a fresh case. Since this next wave is just starting to show up, it's good to keep an eye out.

RooJay
12-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Blue Floyd doesn't seem very hard to find. Believe it or not, I've actually seen him more often than I've seen most of the other figures. Maybe since he never actually wore blue before; at least to my recollection.

I think this line is awesome! It's become my new favorite figure line. I've loved the Muppets for as long as I can remember, and it's great to finally see a toy line that's been handled as well as this one.

I hope to see this line going strong for a long time to come. Here's some that I just can't wait to see hit the shelves (aside from what we know is already coming!):

Beauregarde, the Janitor
Uncle Deadly (the coolest looking Muppet, ever!)
Gonzo (in his purple tuxedo) hopefully with Camilla the Chicken
The Penguins
Robin (Kermit's cousin)
Pepe the prawn (hokay?)
Muppet News Kermit (wearing his trenchcoat and hat)
Muppet News Anchor
Sweetums (in scale he'd have to be a "deluxe" figure)
Digit (from the Jim Henson Hour)
Clifford (from the Jim Henson Hour)
Bean Bunny
Bobo the Bear
Captain Smollet (Kermit from Muppet Treasure Island)
Johnny Fiamma and Sal the Monkey from the Jim Henson Hour)
Lips (Electric Mayhem's rarely seen Trumpet player)
Angus McGonagle (the Gargling, Argyle, Gargoyle!)
The Koozbanians
Mildred and George (would have to be a 2-pack of these dancers from the "At the Dance" sketches on the Muppet Show!)
Mahna Mahna (doo-doo de-doo doop!!)
Hilda the Wardrobe Lady

...and that's not even mentioning all the characters I'd like to see as figures from shows like Fraggle Rock (like ALL of them!), Sesame Street (though, if released, they probably should be in Muppets packaging rather than Sesame Street specific packaging to set them apart from preschool level Sesame Street toys), The Frog Prince, The Christmas Toy, Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas, Brats of the Lost Nebula, Labyrinth (if only...), The Dark Crystal (wouldn't it be awesome to see Palisades pick up this license, and do some really well-sculpted, well-articulated figures and playsets?!) and The Storyteller!
All of those aside from movie specific versions of all the Muppets (The Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, A Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, and Muppets in Space!) and Muppets from specific Muppet Show sketches (Gonzo in his Vaderesque get-up from the Mark Hamill episode comes to mind, for one!).

RooJay
12-16-2002, 04:53 PM
I almost forgot about Pops! I'll be needing a figure of him too.

BoShek
12-16-2002, 11:26 PM
I was to two stores that had them today, Suncoast Videos and Joe Nardone's Gallery Of Sound (NE PA music store). Suncoast wanted $8.99 and Joe wanted $9.99. Both of the local Eectronic B. doesn't carry them!

RooJay
12-19-2002, 01:56 PM
TRU carries them for $6.99.

Jayspawn
12-20-2002, 12:35 AM
I would like to see the basic Muppets more than the movie themed ones.

Jayspawn
12-28-2002, 01:47 AM
Hey, my ToyFare Exclusive Vacation Fozzie arived in the mail yesterday, and I must say it's a very cool figure! It is a LOT better than the Musicland/Sam Goody exclusive. The detail on Fozzie's shirt is amazing, and the accessories are pretty good.

OzOtter
01-01-2003, 07:07 PM
I hear they are doing a Sweetums, and I think Robin is packed in there as well.

It kinda makes me hope they do that other big blue monster, the one that can wiggle his ears, even though he frightened the bejeezes out of me when I was a kid. Anyone know what his name was?

Also hope they do the Jim Henson Muppet. He was truly a great man.

RooJay
01-02-2003, 12:29 PM
If I recall correctly, his name was 'Thog'.

OzOtter
01-03-2003, 04:55 PM
Has anyone ever seen a Floyd which has his red sleeves the exact same colour as his red suit? Mine are obviously different. They seemed ok at the store. Is this another case of an attack of the fluoro lighting, like the "pelvis" piece of that Jabba dancer (the burgandy one)?

Jayspawn
01-04-2003, 12:21 AM
All the Red Floyds I've seen look just fine.

Eternal Padawan
01-09-2003, 04:35 AM
I NEED Waldorf and Statler, preferably sold together in a playset of their box seats.
I refuse to buy Miss Piggy on principle. She is the most annoying character in the history of characters.
I started out thinking I was just gonna get the main guys (Kermit, Fozzie, etc), but now I have a hankering to get Bunsen Honeydew and the band members and some of the others. I managed to find Floyd and Dr. Teeth. And the playsets are rather abundant around here, but Honeydew is scarce now that I desire him.
I also can't decide If I want to get crazy harry. He never did anything for me on the original show and I'm fighting my urge to be a completist. It's the same reason I didn't buy tuxedo Kermit or the variant Fozzie. I also skipped the Gonzo while I wait for a plain blue version.

But other than that, this is a pretty cool series. :)

kadamontaga
01-09-2003, 10:53 AM
You've gotta get Crazy Harry! He's the best Muppets figure yet.

Jayspawn
01-09-2003, 12:02 PM
Crazy Harry is one of the best figures. The ToyFare Fozzie is a good one too! Bunsen and Dr. Teeth are great figures. I like the obscure characters myself.

Jayspawn
01-13-2003, 11:39 AM
My Toys'R'Us just got in the Animal w/ Electric Mayhem playset for $19.99. They have a lot of them too. It's a great price for that cool figure and huge playset.

Jayspawn
01-21-2003, 01:47 PM
The TRU near me put out a whole slew of Muppets figure including a few Blue Floyds. Nice to see.

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 12:47 PM
Has anyone seen series 3 yet?

A friend in Australia has already picked up a Rowlf and it is very unusual for figs to be released in Oz before the US, I'd even go so far as to say "unheard of".

Jayspawn
02-09-2003, 12:50 PM
No sign of Series 3 yet. I still need to finish up Series 2. TRU has 1 Animal playset left. I need to get that.

CrunchyNug
02-09-2003, 06:20 PM
I'm sticking with the bandmembers for now. I do have Kermit with his camera, but he's just not complete without Scooter and his clip board. I really can't wait for Zoot, and finally it will be complete with Janis. What happened to her anyway? I haven't seen her listed in any of the online pre-order case assortments. Don't tell me she was replaced by a rat?

kadamontaga
02-09-2003, 06:28 PM
I think she's coming this summer.
In fact, I think she'll be the in-case repaint figure for whatever wave she's released in.

OzOtter
02-09-2003, 07:25 PM
I too am most keen to get the band members, but have found myself committing to getting most of everything anyway. It all started with Beaker.

I remember reading that Janice is supposed to come with the next playset, rumoured to be the Electric Mayhen tour bus!

RooJay
02-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Just saw all of series three yesterday at EB(only wish I had money...).
This has to be the best series of Muppets so far. All four of them look dead on the original puppets, and I noticed no glaring problems with any of them; they were all absolutely perfect and just plain cool to look at!
One of the coolest things I noticed was the sheer size of Rowlf. He was HUGE! Not only that - he comes with a massive baby grand piano to boot! Scooter comes with a gang load of accesories and his paint ops are top notch (just the right amount of shine to his jacket), Lew Zealands paint ops are awesome right down to his boomerang fish even, and Zoot's sax and case look incredibly cool! Can't wait to get them all!

Eternal Padawan
02-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Stop! You're torturing me!

What's really cool is to have all your Marvel Legends figures, your MOTU figures, and your Muppets ganging up against Sauron. :D

Jayspawn
02-13-2003, 01:48 PM
I finally picked up the last Animal w/ Electric Mayhem playset yesterday at TRU. The Animal figure is great! The facial features are very cool!

Jayspawn
02-15-2003, 12:52 PM
I found MEGA Beaker at Media Play yesterday. As some of you already might know, he's exactly like the Beaker that comes with the playset- only BIGGER! He was $24.99. Animal is the next up.

RooJay
02-17-2003, 09:19 PM
Have you guys seen the pics from Toyfair? This line just gets better and better!
I'm really hoping that design artwork for Jim Henson Muppet means we're actually going to be getting a figure! That would freakin' ROCK! I, personally, would prefer that he be released in the Mega Muppets scale; which would make him more or less in scale as the actual real-life Jim Henson.

OzOtter
02-19-2003, 02:41 PM
I can't find the Muppets stuff. Care to post a link?

Jayspawn
02-19-2003, 11:37 PM
I can't find pictures anywhere either.

I did see some great pictures in the new ToyFare of upcomming Officer Fozzie, Reporter Kermit and Gonzo w/ Camilla. I can't wait for that Gonzo and Camilla!

Jayspawn
02-22-2003, 04:03 PM
I spotted Lew Zealand, Scooter, Rowlf and Zoot (olive colored shirt version) at Sam Goody yesterdsay.

CrunchyNug
02-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Are you ready? Are you ready? Scroll down to the Palisades section and behold. This is gonna get out of control!!!

www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Tevents&file=index&req=listarticles&event=25

Jayspawn
02-23-2003, 11:11 AM
Palisades does do a great job with playsets. For some reason, I'm not as excited about the Swine Trek series of figures. I would have liked Sam Eagle just as himself. But I'll probably get it all anyways. Cool figures!

I picked up Rowlf at EB yesterday, vice figure, the piano is amazing. And to think he only cost $7.99. Palisades rules!

Eternal Padawan
02-26-2003, 09:33 AM
I just snagged Rowlf, Scooter, and olive Zoot at Suncoast. They had Lew, too, but I'll pick him up later. Does anyone know which Zoot is the "rare" one or are they 50/50? they had both versions and I just made a snap decision to go with the olive one.

By buddy from California also shipped me a Bunsen Honeydew! Hooray!

Now I just need to find that Sweet Swedish Chef kitchen playset!:D

"Boor do vitty du, du veet dudu, bork bork bork! And de ferdy...Chicky du chef!"

kadamontaga
02-26-2003, 11:51 AM
The Zoot with the redish shirt and the silver sax is the rare one. The one with the yellowish shirt and the brass sax is the more common version.

Jayspawn
02-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Personally, I like the Zoot w/ the olive colored shirt better. I have Rowlf set up here on my desk now, I'm impressed as hell.

CrunchyNug
02-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I picked up Rowlf at EB yesterday, nice figure, the piano is amazing. And to think he only cost $7.99. Palisades rules!

What's EB? I desperatley need Zoot & Scooter - then my Electric Mayhem will be almost complete. Now I'll probably have to wait until next year for Janis. :(

Eternal Padawan
02-28-2003, 09:31 AM
EB = Electronics Boutique. It's a mall store that sells video games, used DVDs, and the occasional action figure line. Similar to Software etc.

Janice is coming out in wave 5...along with Pepe, hokay!

Jayspawn
02-28-2003, 11:32 AM
There doesn't seem to be any sign of the Swedish Chef w/ Kitchen playset yet. I'm getting anxious!

RooJay
03-06-2003, 07:36 PM
This line just gets better and better!

I have heard Palisades say that Dark Crystal figures are more likely than Fraggle Rock figures (some problem with the licensing), but I know I, for one, will be highly upset if I don't get some Fraggles to go along with my Muppets collection!

CrunchyNug
03-12-2003, 03:55 AM
So I found an Electronics Boutique the other day, and first of all, their Muppets figures were $14.99 a piece. But I found a Gonzo variation with no cape and a crash helmet. How come I missed this one before? Has anyone heard of him?

So let me get this straight - we've got three repaints so far...

1- Blue Floyd w/ White Guitar
2- Red Zoot w/ Silver Sax
3- Gonzo no cape w/ Crash Helmet

Jayspawn
03-14-2003, 09:49 AM
Crunchy Nug, that Gonzo is a Electrinics Botique Exclusive. It's called "Crash Helmet Gonzo" EB usually sells their Muppets figures for $7.99. I can understand if they charged that much for the Exclusive Gonzo.

I passed on Crash Helmet Gonzo, didn't like ther way it looked.

Eternal Padawan
03-14-2003, 04:57 PM
EB also had a variant Miss Piggy exclusive with her hair down.

Suncoast had an exclusive Vacation Fozzie (similar to Toyfare's, but different)

TRU had Kermit in a Tuxedo and Top Hat.

RooJay
03-15-2003, 12:11 AM
Not to mention the convention/fan club exclusive Vanishing Cream Beaker and Invisible Spray Fozzie, and an exclusive Animal (for whom I don't recall) wearing a black t-shirt, and not to mention the upcoming con exclusive Tuxedo Bunsen and Beaker.

Jayspawn
03-16-2003, 12:50 PM
I picked up Zoot yesterday, and he's probably one of my favorite Muppet figures.

Still no sign of the Chef yet.

CrunchyNug
03-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Where'd you find him Jayspawn? I need a Zoot and a Scooter to begin rounding out my Electric Mayem band. Do tell...

Jayspawn
03-18-2003, 08:44 PM
I picked up Zoot at Sam Goody. They had lots of Lew and Scooter. I've seen Zoot a few times before- he seems to be the one I see the least.

Jayspawn
04-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Ok, where is the Chef playset?

Jayspawn
04-20-2003, 11:48 PM
Scratch that. The Kitchen Playset w/ Chef has arrived on Ebay and is showing up at Media Play stores. I think I will head on over there tomorrow.

Prince Xizor
04-21-2003, 03:23 PM
These figures rule.

In 3 days, I went from having none of them to having:
Vacation Fozzy
Rowlf
Crash Helmat Gonzo
Piggy w/ hair down
Kermit
Piggy w/ hair up.

And I still wanna get Dr. Bunson, and Animal.

CrunchyNug
04-21-2003, 06:42 PM
So I found Series 3 at a collector shop out here in Los Angeles. I finally got to pick up my Scooter and Zoot. The band is coming along just fine now. I'll post a picture very soon. There in rehearsals right now, so I can't bother 'em.

Jayspawn
05-01-2003, 01:45 PM
Wohoo! I've been caught up in the moment and have forgotten to post it, but I picked up the Muppet Kitchen at Media Play a few days ago! Yes, it's finally out! I found it at Media Play for $34.99. Well worth the price, it's huge! TONS of accessories and the detail is amazing. I'd say it's one of the best playsets in the history of playsets.

Go get em!

Darth Jax
05-05-2003, 05:28 PM
jayspawn let me know if you see another kitchen as i'm wanting one. have both the animal/stage set and beaker/laboratory set. thanx for the heads-up that eB has most of the figs. got a couple of the older ones today - and they're buy one, get one currently. having to resort to stores i don't normally frequent (sam goody, suncoast, eB) to fulfill my muppets needs as the normal (at least for me) outlets - KB, TRU, WM, target - either don't stock or only carry miss piggy.

Eternal Padawan
05-14-2003, 09:24 PM
Just picked up the Chef at Suncaost and snagged Lew Zealand for good measure. I also received Super Scooter and the Vacation Fozzie variant from Toyfare, so I'm good for awhile.

Has anybody seen the variants from the upcoming conventions?

Honeydew and Beaker in tuxedos at PhillyCon and Waldorf and Statler at the WizardCon in Chicago. Cool. Except for the fact that they are convention exclusives. :mad:

CrunchyNug
05-16-2003, 02:11 AM
So here's one for you guys - a picture of my Electric Mayem jamming away. What do you think???

Jayspawn
05-16-2003, 10:30 AM
It's looking good CrunchyNug. The only thing missing is Janice, and she's not far behind.

I really like how this line is going so far.

Eternal Padawan, I don't remember which Con he's an exclusive at, but Culinary Catastrophy Swetish Chef is another exclusive.

RooJay
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
Culinary Catastrophe Chef is exclusive to ComiCon International in sunny San Diego.

Jayspawn
06-27-2003, 01:01 PM
I picked up Dr. Strangepork and Mr. Samuel Arrow at EB yesterday. Another cool series by Palisades. Arrow is one of the biggest Muppet figures yet. At first I couldn't find his treasure map but then I found it hidden in the book, his key fits nicely in there too.

Jayspawn
07-04-2003, 11:29 AM
My Media Play got in more muppets figures including both versions of Rizzo. Incidently, the chase version of Rizzo is wearing a blue jacket with his name on it and a red hat.

Jargo
07-04-2003, 06:33 PM
Hmmmm, I wanted to collect these figures so badly but other collections got in the way. I was just going to go for tuxedo and evening wear guys, the band and muppet labs w/ beaker and honeydew. I've seen the pic of tuxedo Gonzo and wotserface the chicken and the Bunsen/Beaker set, Rowlf, Piggy with long hair and feather boa. Kermit was a good one too. Dunno why but the evening wear just appeals to me. And muppet labs was always my favourite section of the show alongside the band.
Alls I know is that over here the things are expensive as platinum. Damn near as much a rarity too.

Jayspawn
07-05-2003, 10:39 AM
If anyone doesn't have it yet, Towerrecords.com has MEGA Animal for $17 ish and the Kermit mini bust for $30. Which I think is the best price anywhere.

RooJay
07-07-2003, 01:33 PM
Have any of you guys seen any Zoots hangin' around out there? I haven't picked him up yet, and he seems to have gotten pretty hard to find around here (oddly, the rest of that assortment is everywhere!). Anyone want to help a brotha out? Anyone got an extra one? Even loose?

Jayspawn
07-10-2003, 09:54 PM
No Zoots hanging around my areas. The only left overs now are Scooter and Lew Zealand. Series 4 is starting to show up more and more along with chase Rizzos.

FYI, to anyone trying to attach the antenna on that R2 robot that comes with Dr. Strangepork- be careful! One of them doesn't fit and I broke it in half trying to attach it, so I glued it back together.

Darth Jax
07-11-2003, 07:41 PM
hey jayspawn have you seen the latest series of muppets in retail anywheres? the EB at southwest plaza has gotten rid of all their figs (temporarily while they gain more room by selling out video games, or so they say) and TRU after the miss piggy disaster hasn't stocked any muppets (still have about 25 piggy's clogging the shelves). haven't even seen them at the mediaplay on this side of town.

Jayspawn
07-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Yeah TRU had WAY too many Miss Piggys hanging around. Still does.

Darth Jax, Media Play on Mississippi has ALL of them. And I believe Sam Goody in Aurora Mall had them as well. Targets are supposed to be carrying Series 4 from now on also.

BTW, Koozebane Kermit will be a Target Exclusive along with Series 4. I hear the price will be $9.99.

Eternal Padawan
07-17-2003, 07:51 PM
I think TRU stopped carrying them. They've had the same Piggies and Tuxedo kermits, not to mention two "getting more beat up everyday" Beaker sets for months. They never got in Wave 3.

I was in Suncoast the other day and I didn't even realize I was looking at the new wave. I was focused on trying to find the old packaging hanging on pegs and they had them on one of those little glass kiosk shelves. If I hadn't seen a lone Crazy Harry, I wouldn't have seen the new blue packaging on the rest of them. But then I didn't have enough money for all of them, so I got a Marvel Select Ultimate Iron Man instead.

Jayspawn
07-29-2003, 02:01 AM
Stay on Target! My Targets just got in the Koozebane Kermit figures. I missed the price but they are cool! He even comes with a microphonem -haha. They also had in the current series of Muppets figures as well.

Jayspawn
08-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Figures.com has some great pictures of upcoming Muppets figures from Wizard World Chicago. Including the 1st ever Jim Henson Muppet figure! Now that I got to have!

RooJay
08-14-2003, 10:05 PM
More Muppet coolness - the MAN himself!
http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=6485&password=&sort=1&cat=813&page=1
I hear he's gonna most likely be a club exclusive, which is alright with me since Palisades tends to make the thingies pretty easy to get.
Here's another:
http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=6488&password=&sort=1&cat=813&page=1

Darth Jax
08-18-2003, 12:55 AM
for those that might have missed it the swedish chef/kitchen playset has been re-released in the current blue packaging. while IMO not as cool as the laboratory (i'm partial to beaker) the amount of accessories included is pretty incredible.

now if only janice will show up.

smurfvader
08-18-2003, 05:12 PM
What sucks is that even though Target has gotten the Muppet figures, the Sweedish Chef playset is 35$ which is the same price at Sam Goodys/Media play.

JIm

Jargo
08-18-2003, 06:06 PM
I just ordered steppin out Bunsen and Beaker and Rowlf with his piano. I'm searching for a tuxedo Kermit cuz i can get tuxedo Gonzow/ Camilla and I can get long hair variant evening wear Piggy. I can even get steppin out Waldorf and stadtler but for the life of me I can't find a bloody tuxedo kermit anywhere. I'm talking the carded version with camera and top hat or the baggie version. And the electric mayhem band members are nigh on impossible to find now. I only planned on having one or two but once I'm in i kinda get carried away. I'm deffo buying muppet labs w/ Beaker and Bunsen w/ bunny. I'd love the band but they're just too hard to find and my budget won't stretch far enough. Posh clobber muppets is gong to have to be my collection I think. I'm kinda stuck on which Fozzy to get. The first on, vacation Fozzy or patrol bear Fozzy. If the did a tuxedo fozzy it would suit me but it wouldn't really be in character for Fozzy. I suppose that would make the decision for me then? Vacation Fozzy? What do you reckon?

RooJay
08-20-2003, 07:39 PM
I just ordered steppin out Bunsen and Beaker and Rowlf with his piano. I'm searching for a tuxedo Kermit cuz i can get tuxedo Gonzow/ Camilla and I can get long hair variant evening wear Piggy. I can even get steppin out Waldorf and stadtler but for the life of me I can't find a bloody tuxedo kermit anywhere. I'm talking the carded version with camera and top hat or the baggie version. And the electric mayhem band members are nigh on impossible to find now. I only planned on having one or two but once I'm in i kinda get carried away. I'm deffo buying muppet labs w/ Beaker and Bunsen w/ bunny. I'd love the band but they're just too hard to find and my budget won't stretch far enough. Posh clobber muppets is gong to have to be my collection I think. I'm kinda stuck on which Fozzy to get. The first on, vacation Fozzy or patrol bear Fozzy. If the did a tuxedo fozzy it would suit me but it wouldn't really be in character for Fozzy. I suppose that would make the decision for me then? Vacation Fozzy? What do you reckon?

I got ya covered again on that one Jargy! I know for certain that there are literally TONS of Tuxedo Kermits in my area right now! ;) How many would you like? :D I might even be able to get them for $7.99US - seems TRU has been making the mistake of consolidating these with the regular release Muppets on the pegs, and leaving only the one price marker on the shelves (meaning that, by law, they are required to sell them for the marked price). Just let me know when you get back to me on that PM I just sent you.

Jargo
08-21-2003, 09:01 PM
I've sent you a PM. Kermit sounds cool. may have a Zoot possibility.

Jargo
08-24-2003, 06:19 PM
I have a question, I've seen beuregard listed on an online stores muppets page and wondered if he was still coming or not? Exclusive or cancelled? Series seven or shelved?

RooJay
08-25-2003, 06:10 PM
He's been removed from series 7(?) to make room for Bear on Patrol Fozzie (supposedly to make the series a bit more accessible to the general masses). According to Ken Lilly at Palisades he is not cancelled, but shelved for the time being. Apparently they still plan on releasing him in another assortment at a later date.

Jargo
08-25-2003, 08:09 PM
That's cool. Just found some nice pics over at action-figure.com and now I really want the guy. Not that Patrol bear Fozzie isn't really great in itself but as long as this Beauregard doesn't get ditched. Don't suppose they ever explained why they made Tuxedo Rowlf with piano only and never released the naked furry version? I would have put him out naked furry with his piano and made the Tuxedo version an exclusive. But hey, I don't run Pallisades.
These are the nicest figures I've seen in a long time though.
I've counted 46 seperate items with a further two unconfirmed. Just wish they were more widely available over here. And cheaper.

RooJay
08-25-2003, 08:17 PM
Actually, the butt, booty naked version of Rowlf made it all the way to prototype stage, and would've been the Rowlf you're seeing in stores now until they decided to hold off on the more 'basic' version for a later wave. They actually even showed a lot of pics online when that series was still in production (I'm even pretty sure they've still got some posted on Palisades' site).

Harder to understand about Rowlf is why Suncoast seems to have decided he's some sort of deluxe figure, and priced him at a dollar more than each of the other figures he comes packed with - in the SAME case!

Jargo
08-26-2003, 11:19 AM
Bought Rowlf today. I actually saw these things at retail! Not much of a choice and I was very tempted by Scooter. But as I wanted Rowlf pretty desperately having had him cancelled on me from an order with Forbidden planet, I grabbed him faster than I grab...... *coff* Rowlf is fantastic. Even my action figure hater mother likes him. The piano is huge. Steppin out bunsen and Beaker will look just dandy stood next to this once they arrive. Next up tuedo kermit if I can find him, Glamour piggy and Tuxedo Gonzo w/ Camilla. Pity there isn't a Tuxedo Fozzie. In fact it'd be cool if they did all the main muppets in posh clobber. And I'd like to see a Robin figure so I could sit him on the piano. I think they should do a Sweetums deluxe figure too. Mega scale. And a backstage playset with Hilda and assorted small muppets like the penguins and chickens and stuff Maybe a cow or horse to go with the Jim Henson figure seeing as he always seemed to be in some farmyard or cowboys campfire set up.

RooJay
08-27-2003, 09:04 PM
Ya know, according to statements made on several occasions by Palisades' own Mr. Lily, they are actually planning a large, deluxe Sweetums figure with lil' Robin as a pack-in! I am SO there! ;)

Jargo
08-27-2003, 09:43 PM
Ya know, according to statements made on several occasions by Palisades' own Mr. Lily, they are actually planning a large, deluxe Sweetums figure with lil' Robin as a pack-in! I am SO there! ;)AAAAH, little Robin, I think he should pack alone with his staircase:

"halfway up the stairs is the stair where I sit, there isn't any other stair quite - like - it. It's not at the bottom, it's not at the top, so this is the stair where I always stop." :D

I've been discussing Muppets all day with my other half and it turns out we're both fans of the original series but not of Muppets Tonight (Tonite), Neither of us can remember Beauregard clearly and both of us agree that the current Sam Eagle figure is the weakest link in the chain after series one regular release Piggy, that a regular un costumed Sam with podium would have been a better choice. Both of us are in love with the action figures though because of size, detail and the fact that Pallisades have taken the line and us collectors seriously. And also have excellent senses of humour. I loved the idea of releasing sam with a sideways glance as a variant and not telling anyone it was there. Just an odd figure slipped into every few cases. That's an evil sense of humour at work. :cool:

RooJay
08-27-2003, 09:54 PM
Do you have access in britain to any of the Best of the Muppets DVD's that have been released recently? Two more hit last month - one of them featuring episodes with Peter Sellers, John Cleese, and Dudley Moore. There were two initially released, and one featured the awesome Mark Hamill, Star Wars episode! I plan on buying the rest real soon, and I hope they keep 'em coming.

Jargo
08-27-2003, 10:01 PM
Quick question, who was the guy who had the mallet and the fuzzy little monsters as a sorrt of living xylophone. he'd hit them on the head and they'd sing a note. I can see the little critters plain as day in my mind but I can't remember who the other mallet weilding character was. It wasn't Lew Zealand was it? My memory is hazy and I lost my panini sticker album i'd had since I was a kid that had all the characters in. And pics of the best sketches.

Hmmm, we have Muppets stuff somewhere. I just haven't got round to buying many DVD's because there are so many cool toys to buy and finances are a bit tight right now. But i just did a quickie search of the cheapest site i know and found all the movies and the two best of DVD's. I'll probably add them to my christmas list. Hope that the big fat guy can manage to get it right this year and remember not to bring me any more pajamas or socks. :rolleyes:

RooJay
08-27-2003, 10:07 PM
Quick question, who was the guy who had the mallet and the fuzzy little monsters as a sorrt of living xylophone. he'd hit them on the head and they'd sing a note. I can see the little critters plain as day in my mind but I can't remember who the other mallet weilding character was. It wasn't Lew Zealand was it? My memory is hazy and I lost my panini sticker album i'd had since I was a kid that had all the characters in. And pics of the best sketches.

Ahh, yes! That would be the inimitable Marvin Suggs and his marvellous Muppephone! Can't wait for his figure to be made!

Hmmm, we have Muppets stuff somewhere. I just haven't got round to buying many DVD's because there are so many cool toys to buy and finances are a bit tight right now. But i just did a quickie search of the cheapest site i know and found all the movies and the two best of DVD's. I'll probably add them to my christmas list. Hope that the big fat guy can manage to get it right this year and remember not to bring me any more pajamas or socks. :rolleyes:

Make that four "Best of" DVD's!

Jargo
08-27-2003, 11:42 PM
HOOHOO! of course, Marvin Suggs, it's all coming back to me now. Yes, that would be a really cool oddball figure to do to accomapny Lew, Harry and Gonzo. Insane vaudeville acts. :D

stillakid
08-28-2003, 01:11 AM
Do you have access in britain to any of the Best of the Muppets DVD's that have been released recently? Two more hit last month - one of them featuring episodes with Peter Sellers, John Cleese, and Dudley Moore. There were two initially released, and one featured the awesome Mark Hamill, Star Wars episode! I plan on buying the rest real soon, and I hope they keep 'em coming.

We have 3 DVDs (3 episodes a piece). How many are there now? Which episodes are available? Is the Milton Berle show out yet (the funniest one ever!)?

Jargo
08-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Here's all the episodes released on DVD so far:Time life bargain 10 DVD bundle (http://www.timelife.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=I8JvC_srR1EjscRlXkUvB93lQUx5P2j86Gk=?Pro ductSKU=15837&CategoryName=)

http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8259-9_f.jpg
Elton John / Julie Andrews / Gene Kelly
Elton John performs "Crocodile Rock," "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road," and "Benny And The Jets" * Julie Andrews sings "Lonely Goatherd" * Kermit(TM) and Julie sing "When You Were A Tadpole" * Kermit and Gene Kelly dance * Classic Muppet(TM) Show skits
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8260-9_f.jpg
Mark Hamill / Paul Simon / Raquel Welch
Mark Hamill shows up as Luke Skywalker * Paul Simon performs "Scarborough Fair" and other hits * Raquel Welch sings "Baby It's Me" with a giant spider * Miss Piggy(TM) and Raquel sing "I'm A Woman" * Swedish Chef(TM) prepares chicken-in-a-basket
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8261-9_f.jpg
Harry Belafonte / Linda Rondstadt / John Denver
Harry Belafonte performs "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)" * Pigs in Space and the dissolvatron * Linda Ronstadt sings "I've Got A Crush On You" to Kermit(TM) * Miss Piggy(TM) locks Kermit in a truck * John Denver performs "Garden Song" * Swedish Chef(TM) makes squirrel stew
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8262-9_f.jpg
Peter Sellers / John Cleese / Dudley Moore
Peter Sellers hosts and plays a preacher in "Cigarettes, Whiskey and Wild Women" * John Cleese plays a pirate on board the ship in 'Pigs in Space' * Dudley Moore performs "She Loves You"
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8263-9_f.jpg
Alice Cooper / Vincent Price / Marty Feldman
Alice Cooper performs "Welcome To My Nightmare" and "School's Out" * Muppet(TM) Labs' Dr. Bunsen Honeydew(TM) invents a germ enlarger * Vincent Price sings "You've Got A Friend" * A visit to a house of horror * Marty Feldman sings "Sinbad The Surfer"
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8264-9_f.jpg
Carol Burnett / Steve Martin / Gilda Radner
Carol Burnett and the Muppet(TM) dance marathon * Steve Martin hosts Muppet auditions * Killer balloons * Comedienne Gilda Radner sings with a 7-foot carrot * Gilda performs "Tap Your Troubles Away"
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8265-9_f.jpg
George Burns / Dom DeLuise / Bob Hope
George Burns sings "Chattanooga Choo-Choo" * Miss Piggy(TM) performs "Cuanto Le Gusta" * The world's most powerful explosive * Dom Deluise plays a geologist on Planet Koozbain * Bob Hope sings "Don't Fence Me In" * Swedish Chef(TM) makes pressed duck
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8266-9_f.jpg
Diana Ross / Brooke Shields / Rudolf Nureyev
Diana Ross charms a hostile audience * Diana sings "Love Hangover" * Brooke Shields as Alice in "Alice in Wonderland" * Rudolf Nureyev performs Swine Lake * Miss Piggy(TM) joins Rudolf in the steam room
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8267-9_f.jpg
James Coburn / Sylvester Stallone / Debbie Harry
James Coburn teaches Animal(TM) to meditate * Sylvester Stallone plays a ukulele as pigs perform Hawaiian war chant * Sly plays a Roman gladiator and sings "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off" * Deborah Harry sings "One Way Or Another" and "Call Me"
http://www.timelife.com/tl_products/8268-9_f.jpg
Roger Moore / Edgar Bergen / Danny Kaye
Viking pigs sing "In The Navy" * Roger Moore performs "Talk To The Animals" * Edgar Bergen and Charlie McCarthy sing "Consider Yourself" * Danny Kaye and Miss Piggy(TM) sing "Cheek To Cheek" * Danny plays Swedish Chef's(TM) uncle * Danny sings "Inchworm"

RooJay
08-28-2003, 08:04 PM
Ya know, I completely forgot that Time Life had offered all of those through mailorder awhile back before any had ever been available at retail. Cool! I might just have to try and order all of those. I've been dying to see the Alice Cooper, Vincent Price, and Marty Feldman episodes again. Lots of great shows in that group.

Jargo
08-28-2003, 09:18 PM
You gonna read your private messages then? :)

I want the one with Raquel Welch. I remember that spider so well. It was huge! I think it looked a bit like Webster. Personally i never liked the Mark Hamill episode. I don't like star wars out of the star wars galaxy. If he'd been Mark hamill dressed as mark hamill it wouldn't have mattered but the whole star wars thing was a bit naff like the holiday special.

Now if we had a similar deal to the time life one over here it might be worth looking into. I'm always going to overspend on a good deal if it saves money in the long run.... does that make sense?

RooJay
08-28-2003, 10:00 PM
You gonna read your private messages then? :)

I want the one with Raquel Welch. I remember that spider so well. It was huge! I think it looked a bit like Webster. Personally i never liked the Mark Hamill episode. I don't like star wars out of the star wars galaxy. If he'd been Mark hamill dressed as mark hamill it wouldn't have mattered but the whole star wars thing was a bit naff like the holiday special.

Now if we had a similar deal to the time life one over here it might be worth looking into. I'm always going to overspend on a good deal if it saves money in the long run.... does that make sense?

I'm reading 'em, just taking my time trying to decide. On one hand, I could always buy the series 3 set I found online for 40 bucks, take back the two I already have (thus, keeping from having any un-needed doubles) and take you up on that offer for the Elf. On the other hand, I could just trade you for your Zoot and take my chances with finding the Elf later. Decisions, decisions. Sorry if I'm taking too long, I shall decide shortly. ;)

I have the DVD with the Raquel Welch episode, and it's awesome! One thing I'd failed to realize about it when I was a child was just how totally freakin' HOT Raquel looked in that little black outfit with the stockings! Mmmrrrroww! In my childhood innocense it had just never occured to me. I hope they make a figure of her! ;)

Jargo
08-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Not unles they make figures from that awful movie where she was a cavegirl 1,000,000 years BC was it? Something like that. Fur bikini and lovely white hollywood teeth and make-up. Big lizards dressed up as dinosaurs :D funny movie though a little on the long side. I think that might just appeal to the older boys somehow rather than being directed to kids. Even the black outfit would be grown up kids only. It'd probably sell out before it was even produced.

Personally i'd like a marty feldman figure. not for the same reasons as some might want a Raquel figure but just because he deserves to immortalised by people as good as Pallisades are.

The reason i was hurrying you is that If You want the zoot i'll go out tomorrow and get one but if you don't i can relax and chill the day away. I just need to know so I can figure out whether to get out of bed before noon or not. :D no, seriously. I mean the elf will be around for a while The Zoots are going to sell out fast........

I see you sent me a PM, sorted, done and dusted, early start for me, about a ten a.m. rise then. :happy:

RooJay
08-28-2003, 10:27 PM
Personally i'd like a marty feldman figure. not for the same reasons as some might want a Raquel figure but just because he deserves to immortalised by people as good as Pallisades are.

You mean something like this?:

http://www.aboyd.com/products/sideshow/ss3600_full.jpg

Jargo
08-28-2003, 10:39 PM
Ugh, no. Marty being Marty. Those are close to being good but miss the mark somehow. I dunno, Marty in The Producers or Sherlock holmes' smarter brother. Something that has him looking fairly normal ..... did i just use Marty feldman and looking normal in the same post? :rolleyes: :p Okay, i'm off, 3.30 here and time for bed. I'll be dreaming muppets and giant spiders with yellow legs probably. I'll sort out Zoot for you then. :)

stillakid
08-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks, EJ! I'm goin to the phones right away!

We already have:

Mark Hamill / Paul Simon / Raquel Welch,
Harry Belafonte / Linda Rondstadt / John Denver,
Peter Sellers / John Cleese / Dudley Moore,
Elton John / Julie Andrews / Gene Kelly

I had to go look to remember what was on the shelf. My kids really like the Harry Belafonte episode. Some great numbers on that one.

You're right about the Star Wars one. It isn't one of the strongest. I find it interesting that just as Star Wars didn't translate one iota into television, the Muppet Show also fell flat on the big screen. Each was designed around a specific media and neither were able to successfully adjust to the other.

And, YEAH, when I first saw Raquel in the costume again, I couldn't believe how sexy she looked. It's amazing that they put that on a kid's show. But thank goodness they did! :)

Jayspawn
08-29-2003, 10:21 AM
See I like the Mark Hamill episode. I also don't much like Star Wars out of Star Wars but it was good fun. Especially the song and dance. It would be neat if we got Miss Piggy and the Princess and Gonzo as Dirth Nader in action figures.

"I don't know Threepio, seems we crash landed in some sort of comedy variety show." - Luke

Jargo
08-29-2003, 01:54 PM
Roojay, you're very lucky, i went to get that Zoot this afternoon and the very same two were sitting on the front of the pegs untouched. Which is odd because it being payday friday I thought they'd be well gone. Got you the mustard colored one like you asked for. Send me your details via PM

This is not setting a precedent for trading in the muppets section, merely that young master Roojay doesn't seem to read his private messages as often as he ought. ;) And if anyone can hook me up with a Dr. Teeth.....

'Nother question, in the hillbilly band that the Jim henson muppet appeared in, who were the other band members? I recall there being at least three and one was blond wth glasses. Memory is not my strength is seems. If they're going to do Jim they might as well do the others.

Reckon they'll ever release a mega playset of the stage? Not necessarily the box that stadtler and Waldorf sit in but like the proscenium arch with the curtains and the footlights. be so cool to have that to show the figures off in. Maybe they could do it as the proscenium with the box seats as a swing out. make the back just a frame you could slot different backdrops into. Throw in some set pieces to have your figures use and by not making it a huge thing it would keep the cost down. Then as a secondary playset they do the backstage area, staircase leading to Piggy's dressing room and the guest dressing room doors, stage managers desk with antique phone on the wall next to it and the stage door under the balcony by the dressing room doors. Have that butt up to the stage part and bobs your lobster. And if they do release the accessory sets ever it would just build up a really cool environment to display these figures in that would make them the best ever.
I have to say that as pleased as I am with LOTR figures, and as displeased as i am with star wars figures, the muppets figures are a real pot of gold in a grim marketplace. God I wish i'd begun collecting them earlier. I'm seriously considering trading some of my star wars collection for muppets. One to clear some space for them but secondly because I just have too much stuff and it doesn't satisfy me any more. The muppets figures make me smile whenever i look at them or pick them up. I'm kinda tired of army based figures and want to move on. The Muppets are a really good anti-depression tool. Good clean fun.

Jargo
08-30-2003, 08:37 AM
Wow pallisades website is a pain in the arse for page errors. Can anyone pull up the packaged Pepe pics at this page please?
http://www.palisadestoys.com/new/whatsnew/thebit/August03/thurs8_21_03.php#
I found the painted prototype pics and the hardcopy pic of his deckchair but for some reason all i get with this darn page is errors, i click the pic links and it takes me back to the original page. Just wondered if anyone else gets the same problem. I'm just itching to see these pics. :cool: I've e-mailed pallisades with the problem so I guess we'll have to wait and see if they respond.

in the meantime I made a list of all the rumoured and shelved items I've found while researching this weekend.

Tuxedo Fozzie
Pepe in tutu
Beauregard
Beauregard repaint
Rowlf
Revolutionary Sam eagle
Deluxe Sweetums w/ Robin
Deluxe Muppet stage playset
Veterinary hospital playset (which must mean that Dr. Bob and nurses Janice and Piggy are also in the pipeline)
Electric Mayhem tour bus playset
Spacewalk link ??????????????
Swedish kitchen accessory set with chicken
Swinetrek accessory set with small alien figure
Electric Mayhem accessory set with - accesories.......

Just found this webpage listing of all the muppet characters. No pictures to go with it unfortunately. It's a long list and there's some cool memories come flooding back once you read the names. :D
http://www-cs-students.stanford.edu/~csilvers/muppet-characters.html

Here's the site with pictures to the names and some names i don't recall. Excellent site though

http://www.kermitage.com/

RooJay
08-31-2003, 10:29 PM
Wow! I've been trying forever to find a website that gave faces to go along with the names! Thanks Jargo!
Now I can better complete my figure want list. ;)

Jargo
09-01-2003, 10:40 AM
Hokey, just ordered me the following:
Miss Piggy (exclusive version)
Scooter
Pepe
Gonzo & Camilla
Janice

And if I can re-find the websites I'll be ordering:
Electric mayhem stage w/ Animal
Sgt. Floyd Pepper
Fozzie bear
Rizzo

Which just leaves me with Crazy Harry and Swedish chef from my wants list. Especially after doing a sweet dealio with our man Roojay here, Tuxedo Kermit and Dr. Teeth come to daddy!

I decided to collect three themed areas, the Tuxedo versions of characters, the band and the backstage crew. I had to draw the line somewhere so the acts went out the window. I'm hoping that the Muppet theater deluxe playset does get released next year along with the EM tour bus. That would just about crown my collection.
Sure i've still got a want list as long as my arm but if i only manage to complete what i've listed then I'll die happy.... no, that's a lie. I'll only die happy if i collect them all but happy-ish is a close second. :)

And i'm not trying to hijack the thread but I'm kind of enthused right now. Keen as mustard so they say. I feel all coccaine grinny when I think about these figures. Guess I'm a bit more enthused right now than other people. Guess coming to a line late as usual isn't good and you've all done it to death. But who needs to talk star wars when there's new muppet shows on the horizon and all these fantastic muppet figures to jaw about? So to keep things economical I'll reuse this post to add my want list in.

J.P. GROSSE, SCOOTERS UNCLE W/ MUPPY HIS DOG
BOBO THE BEAR, THEATRE SECURITY
POPS, THE DOORMAN
SEYMOUR THE ELEPHANT ELEVATOR OPERATOR
GEORGE, THE JANITOR W/ GAFFER THE THEATER CAT
GLADYS, THE CANTEEN LADY
CLUELESS MORGAN, COFFEE SHOP GOAT
POLLY THE LOBSTER, COFFEE SHOP ASISTANT
HILDA, THE WARDROBE LADY
MADELINE THE MAKE-UP LADY
DON THE PROPS GUY
NIGEL, VISION CONTROL GALLERY GUY
ROGER THE SOUND MAN
ANDY AND RANDY PIG W/ FOO FOO, MISS PIGGY’S DOG
IRVING BIZARRE, FOZZIE’S AGENT
ROBIN THE FROG
ANNIE SUE (GLAMOUR VERSION TO RIVAL GLAMOUR PIGGY)
LIPS, ELECTRIC MAYHEM TRUMPET PLAYER
MARVIN SUGGS W/ HIS AMAZING MUPPEPHONE
FRANK OZ
JERRY NELSON
JOHHNY FIAMMA W/ SAL THE MONKEY,
ANGUS McGONAGAL THE GARGLING ARGYLE GARGOYLE
INSPECTOR LA BREA, NOISE INSPECTOR
SWEETUMS
THOG
DOGLION MONSTER
TIMMY MONSTER
LUNCHEON COUNTER MONSTER
FLOWER EATING MONSTER
CHOPPED LIVER MONSTER
:)

Jargo
09-04-2003, 09:54 PM
Finally tracked down the EM playset and Floyd at Toywiz. After trying to fathom their international ordering procedures and finally making an international phone call, i got the order sorted. Had to fax over a credit card statement so they could check the validity of my address which is something i haven't come across before with overseas ordering.
You'd think this was gold or something.
Anyways, with a little luck (touch wood) i'll have them by this tme next week. Probably before i get my order through from forbidden planet international who are based down south here in the UK. Four weeks to get an order through with them. The whole thing is wacked.
I got Bunsen and beaker exclusive tuxedoed the other day and i love them to bits. Beaker is so cool. My other half likes these so much we're going to get a special display cabinet for them with all the trimmings. I never realised how much the star wars stuff was disliked until i started collecting other lines. The truth will always out. :D

Roojay, sent you a PM earlier.

Jargo
09-08-2003, 08:03 AM
Just got the EM playset and Floyd through this morning from Toywiz. It's really cost me an arm and a leg but I think it was worth it. The detail is amazing. My brother is a drummer in a band and I know he'll be jealous as hell when he sees them. He was impressed with Rowlf's piano so he'll be blown away by Animals kit. Much like my other half was.
I have to say that from ordering this last thursday to recieving it this morning is a fast turnover from the states. I wasn't expecting it to arrive for another week.
Of course yet again I got stung for all the import charges going but frankly I don't care because the toys have made me feel good. It has to worth it for that alone.

RooJay
09-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Hopefully you'll get the package I sent you that quickly too, eh Jargo? ;)

For anyone interested, I've been seeing the PVC mini-figure sets popping up all over the place. I probably won't be buying into that particular line so as not to stretch my budget further than it already is, but these things are actually quite cool. In spite of the smaller size, they seem every bit as detailed and well sculpted as the larger figures! Seeing them really has me dying for a shot at regular sized figures of Mahna Mahna and the Snowths, Thog, and the regular Sam.

Jargo
09-08-2003, 09:45 PM
Sure a proper sized thog and Sweetums would be so cool. I never took to the Mahna Mahna thing so i'm not that fussed if it never happens but it would be kind of cool for those who want it.

The mini figures do look good but too won't be buying them. I'm keeping to the regualr figures and i'm trying to keep to certain themes within that.

Sam eagle desperately needs a regualr figure without costume. He's a great character and considering that Pallisades aren't making the figures for kids anymore and are making them for collectors it shouldn't really be a problem to make him.

Incidentally, i was over at the Pallisades message boards and grabbed the breakdown as far as it goes for series seven and eight.

Series 7:
The Muppet Show x2
Muppet Treasure Island x1
Muppets Tonight x1 (Beauregard?)
The Muppet Show exclusive (Jim Henson ?)

Series 8:
The Muppets Take Manhattan x1
The Muppet Show x2
Muppets Tonight x1
Con/club Muppets Tonight exclusive x1

Deluxe Sweetums is still not confirmed :(

I was just going to go and do some more digging but for some reason the entire site is dead and missing. I'm just getting a message from the server saying the web address is right but there is no website answering. Have they just announced something big and the traffic has killed the site? Pah!

The Toywiz order didn't cost too much after all, checked the invoice and they'd overcharged by 25 dollars so i phoned them and made them refund the difference to my account. I actually did my calculations wrong and they should have refunded more because of shipping note fould ups but frankly just getting most of the difference back is enough to cover the cast of the import charges. It got here intact and that's what matters to me. They're still stinky for overcharging so i won't be ordering from them again unless they're the only place with the goods i want that i can find.

Yes Roojay, hopefully, hopefully..... :)

RooJay
09-08-2003, 11:08 PM
Series 7:
The Muppet Show x2
Muppet Treasure Island x1
Muppets Tonight x1 (Beauregard?)
The Muppet Show exclusive (Jim Henson ?)

If I'm not mistaken, I believe that Treasure Island figure is Kermit as Captain Smollett. I'm pretty sure there were pictures of him from the last Toy Fair...

I could be very mistaken though. Strange that they would choose to do yet another Kermit so soon, rather than one of the other characters.

Jargo
09-08-2003, 11:42 PM
Apparently the figures have been revealed to collectors club members Along with the next mega figure. Contrary to my earlier assertion it appears that Sweetums will be seeing a non carded release in 2004.
There's at least two regular releases of kermit in 2004.
Series seven will have a repaint figure with not one but two repaint variants and one of those will have minor sculpt changes.
The series seven exclusive is a retailer exclusive.
2004 will be 'the year of the pack in' .
That's all i can remember from tonights dig. It was a long read. My brain is fried at 4.30 in the morning. G'night all.

RooJay
09-08-2003, 11:57 PM
Series seven will have a repaint figure with not one but two repaint variants and one of those will have minor sculpt changes.

Should I venture to guess that this might be Miss Piggy redux? We sure could use a version with 'Muppet texture' to match the other pigs (not to mention Pigs in Space Piggy) added to the former retail
exclusive "long haired Piggy". This time with a more typical pink dress hopefully.

Jargo
09-09-2003, 07:56 AM
well thanks to a mess up by someone posting at palisades I know captain Smollet kermit is in the series seven line up. :) Not one i'll buy but it should please a good few people.
last night the collectors club got their sneak peek and although the rules state that members can't reveal the pictures it's acceptable to talk about the series. Pallisades should officially reveal the series in about a week I think. Seems likely that beauregard will be in there too seing as the tooling is done on that figure already. perhaps naked Rowlf too. That leaves just one muppet show figure to guess. You could be right with Piggy. I'm going to stick with my glamour piggy in the dark blue dress. Looks classy. Well it will when it arrives.

Speaking of arrivals, the package you sent arrived this morning bright and early. Absolutely beautiful figures. Dr. teeth is fantastic. And kermit is so cool. Thank you so much for this Roojay. you made a tired and bleary eyed guy very very happy. I hope my parcel gets to you as quickly. An amazing week for Muppet juiciness indeed! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!:D

RooJay
09-09-2003, 05:43 PM
AMAZING how quickly those packages made their destinations, no? I received mine this morning as well! Extra amazing is that I sent your package out only on FRIDAY morning! Including the weekend, that's only THREE days from here to the UK!
Now my Electric Mayhem band is finally nearly complete - aside from Janice that is! Hopefully I'll get to add Lips to the band as well sometime in the near future!
Would it not also be cool to get the band in their tuxedos from the orchestra pit as seen at the end of the Muppet Show? I'd be more than willing to buy them all over again for that.

Jargo
09-09-2003, 08:57 PM
With Bobby Benson as conductor rather than Nigel and Trumpet lady and Jowls on geetar thrown in to the mix, yeah. I'm really into the musical acts now. I'm keen to get:
The flower eating monster and the chopped liver monster with guitars.
Marvin Suggs, the singing food, and his amazing muppephone.
Then there's vocalists: The three female singers who were just backing singers dressed like the supremes, And we already have Clifford who's a vocalist and bass player. Plus series seven johnny Fiamma, beauregard, Robin the frogscout, Captain Smollet w/ polly the lobster.
Imagine shoving all those musician muppets together and having on the one side the tuxedo classical recital and the other a 'modern' supergroup with all the singers out in front and characters like Marvin providing percussion to Animals drums. The likes of Scooter and Rizzo and Pepe and Clifford running the show from the wings. it's the only way I can think to get as many figures as possible in an all encompasing collection. WOOHOO! getting carried away again.

In short, Lips, tuxedo Fozzie and tuxedo Bobby Benson. That'd be a start I guess. A boxed set of the EM in tuxedos would be really freakin' cool.

It's mad, I haven't been this excited about action figures since I was a kid looking at the first racks of star wars. Now if you're going to talk about revelling in nostalgia the this is definately it. But fun. :D

Jargo
09-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Well, got my Scooter and EB variant Piggy. Just ordered Bunsen and the Muppet labs playset, Rizzo, S1 Kermit and S2 Fozzie. Series five should be showing up in a week or so so and I've got Janice, Gonzo and camilla and Pepe coming from that.
I've done really well this month in catching up on at least the regular figures and getting a small amount of the exclusive stuff too. October i'll get the Swedish kitchen playset and Crazy Harry, S2 Gonzo, Lew Zealand, Muppet newsman and hopefully Koozebane Kermit, Superhero Scooter, Vaudeville Waldorf and Stadtler and Culinary catastrophe Chef.
I will probably go for vacation Fozzie and Pepe too. I really want a vanishing cream Beaker but he's so expensive!

Just read over at the Pallisades forums that the sculpting for Sweetums has begun. He'll be ten inches tall have lots of hidden articulation have lots of layers, will have a pack in, will be window boxed and will likely be exclusive but widely available. sometime in 2004 there is magnificence coming to an unnamed as yet store..... :)

Life is good when there's Muppets around.

Jargo
09-23-2003, 04:07 PM
Well lookee here, it's me talking to myself again. Just wanted to say that The muppet labs and Beaker are wicked and Bunsen with steel bunny are too. S1 Kermit stinks but S2 Fozzie rocks the casbah! S4 Rizzo is just one of my favourite figures yet. Wrist articulation and that cap that defies gravity to stay on his head. Amazing little guy. The Swedish kitchen is giving me a lot of fun lately. Currently fozzie in groucho mask is taking the rise out of the chef in front of the camera.Chef is oblivious to this and spouting many a børk børk! he's swinging his meat cleaver around and rizzo is looking worried, wondering where pepe has got to. Meanwhile pepe is delayed in shipping because the stupid distributors can't sort anything out to save their lives. Looks like Rizzo will have to fend for himself until early october..... :(

Darth Jax
09-24-2003, 10:50 PM
Well lookee here, it's me talking to myself again.

its ok you're talking to yourself, its when you start answering as well that you've got problems. you could have an entire thread consisting of nothing but your posts and it would still be an interesting read.

Jayspawn
09-25-2003, 01:16 AM
Wohoo! I found Janice, Muppet Newscaster, Gonzo & Camilla and Peppe at Target today! Be on the lookout! It's a great looking wave! Janice is probably my favorite of the group.

RooJay
09-25-2003, 09:19 PM
So I take it, Jargs, that you've finally decided to just go ahead and pick up the entire line rather than just sticking to the band members, back stage crew, and formal wear figures. Glad to see you've come to your senses and finally decided to give in to the madness! ;)

Jargo
09-26-2003, 10:43 AM
Shucks, caught out. :D Yeah, I was talking with the other half and we both decided that the line was too cool to just pick and choose. It's really nice though that there's finally something we both love. My star wars collecting is virtually zero and my LOTR collecting is minimised. So it's just sort of taken over. Muppets are the only figures that we display downstairs. I'm still only part way to having what I want. We worked out a budget per month so I can only spend so much at a time. And as a lot of the exclusives and early figures are costing a lot I'm kinda held back a bit. There will be a few pieces I don't buy like the repaints etc. Muppet treasure island i'm not keen on either. But I love the other themes. I'm buying Link and Dr. Strangepork even though i don't like the characters simply because I want that gorgeous Swinetrek playset. Can't have one withoutb the other can you?
I'm torn about patrol bear Fozzie but even if they never continue that theme then I could have him as EM security bear I guess. And the vacation figures look like a lot of fun so I'm now wanting those.
So far my favourite figure is Rizzo. I just love how they worked out the way to get his hat to stay on without needing a magnet. Genius at work there I think.
*sigh* yeah I'm smitten with these toys all right. Just haven't had so much fun in years.
So I'll be trading off a lot of my star wars stuff soon. I've got a spare Imperial shuttle I want rid of and lots of other stuff I haven't got room for. I'm all for just trading stuff for other stuff I want regardless of the value but the other half wants me to trade value for value. There could be some 'aggresive negotiations' looming...... ;)

Jargo
09-29-2003, 04:42 PM
What did i say about aggresive negotiations? Today i bought Lew Zealand and Crazy Harry and the other half was like, "What have you bought those for, you said you didn't want them, you said you were only going to collect tuxedo figures and main characters." And i replied "I changed my mind. If i don't buy them now while they're still regular retail prices a few months down the line if I change my mind these things will likely cost triple. Pallisades don't do re-releases" and my other half said, "okay sweet, sorry for shouting." and then I opened the figures and put them on the shelves where they'll live temporarily and the other half looked at Lew and was like "Oooh, he looks good." and that was that.

Next on my hitlist, Vacation Fozzie and Tour Animal, CC chef w/ lobster banditos, wave four minus Rizzo.

Followed by Muppet newsman, Patrol bear fozzie, Swinetrek playset w/ first mate piggy, Vacation Pepe.

I decided to not bother with the first sculpt of Gonzo because it's inferior. So no The Great Gonzo or Crash helmet Gonzo for me. No Vanishing cream Beaker or Invisible spray Fozzie, no Vaudeville Stadtler and Waldorf and no Superhero Scooter either. plus repaints which I'll never buy because they just don't look right to me.

Gotta save room for the regular series' right? Although completism is ruining the collecting for me because I think it's greedy buying two of each and wiping out stocks for people who wpould just be happy to own one of a figure let alomne have a spare one to keep carded. Fair enough to buy one of each variant I guess, I can reason that one out but two or more of each figure variant is just plain bad news. And Goddamned EBAY is seriously starting to get me ******. Rare? I'll give you frickin' rare, it's only rare because out and out ********** like you went and scalped every last ******** one fromn the stores to shove up on EBAY you **** ******** ****** ***!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Hard to find? Course it's hard to find because you've taken them all you ******* **** ****** **** **** **** ********* ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

*breathes deeply*

I'm calm, collected. Anyone actually managed to find anything new lately? How are your series five looking? Mine are delayed as per usual for UK distributors :rolleyes: Won't have mine until early october now............................................

******** ***** ****!!!!!!!!! ******** ******* ***** !!!!!!!!!!! ****** ****** **!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

RooJay
09-29-2003, 08:51 PM
"you said you were only going to collect tuxedo figures and main characters."

You could've also used the argument that technically, Lew is wearing a tuxedo. ;)

Gotta save room for the regular series' right? Although completism is ruining the collecting for me because I think it's greedy buying two of each and wiping out stocks for people who wpould just be happy to own one of a figure let alomne have a spare one to keep carded. Fair enough to buy one of each variant I guess, I can reason that one out but two or more of each figure variant is just plain bad news. And Goddamned EBAY is seriously starting to get me ******. Rare? I'll give you frickin' rare, it's only rare because out and out ********** like you went and scalped every last ******** one fromn the stores to shove up on EBAY you **** ******** ****** ***!!!!!!!!!! :mad: Hard to find? Course it's hard to find because you've taken them all you ******* **** ****** **** **** **** ********* ***** !!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

*breathes deeply*

Go 'head on man! I feel you brother. A trip to the local scalper shop is always fun - I love listening to him trying to convince me to by the latest releases at his outrageously marked up prices because "they super rare" and "you can't find them in the stores". If that's the case, I wonder then how is it that he's managed to end up with dozens of said item when the TRU down the block has none? :confused: :frus: :mad:

I'm calm, collected. Anyone actually managed to find anything new lately? How are your series five looking? Mine are delayed as per usual for UK distributors :rolleyes: Won't have mine until early october now............................................

I'm hearing they're around, though I have yet to see any.

Jargo
09-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Yes they're definately out, well in the states anyway. I guess they just haven't filtered through yet.

To kill some time I just ordered Tour Animal and Toyfare Vacation Fozzie.
Gonna order me Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, Sam eagle, Muppet newsman, Patrol bear Fozzie and the Swinetrek playset tomorrow. Just wish I could order Vacation Pepe while I was at it and make sure I get one. Have to wait until series six shows up I guess.

I'm currently wavering about Vaudeville S&W, Superhero Scooter and Crash helmet Gonzo. I'm thinking with Gonzo that he wears the helmet and that hides his bad likeness but still shows him as I recognise him from the show. I like the colourful cannon from the regular Gonzo though but don't want to buy both to combine them and don't want to repaint any of these figures either. it's a quandry.
S&W are very bright and garish and I have trouble thinking of something to do with them but they look fantastic. I just don't know if I can justify paying so much for them if they're just going to drift into the background. Superhero Scooter is useless unless they do more superhero characters and if I bought him now it would only be for the ladder and that would be one expensive ladder.

Which would only leave me CC chef and Lobsters to get. But I know I want that one. I'm planning on having a complete as I can collection by xmas. A few repaints missed out deliberately and a couple of exclusives I just don't want, but basically the whole of the rest of the line in three months. Need to have it sorted fast so i can budget for family xmas prezzies and not fret that I'm spending money on other people that i could be spending on me instead and knowing the money spent would be buying things that are truly appreciated and cherished rather than flung into a cupboard and forgotten about or worn once and thrown out or whatever people do with unwanted xmas presents.
Why waste money on plebs when I can spend it on me? I deserve it for putting up with my family I'll tell you. It's no wonder I've ended up on tranquilisers after dealing with a bunch of wierdos for all my life. You can choose your friends but you can't choose your family.

Jargo
10-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Update, decided to order Crash helmet Gonzo anyway. Can't not have Gonzo with a cannon can I? I'm definately leaving the regular brightly coloured version on the pegs though. Ghastly thing it is. Changed my mind about Vaudeville S&W too. I mean after all they are wearing orange stripes. Gotto go for some of that. So that just leaves Sopes Scooter to prevaricate over. Is it worth paying nearly twice the price of a normal figure for? Will there be any more superhero figures? One alone would be pretty pointless. The ladder is cool as an accessory but not worth the price if that's all I'll use. But if I don't buy it it'll be gone and then I won't be able to make a decision because there'll be none to make. I guess I'll end up buying every last one of these figures though. Aside from repaints. Even short hair Piggy. I have plans on how to customise her.
I really am hopeless with the self will of someone obsessive compulsive syndrome. The line has been going like two years nearly and I've bought nearly all of it in two months. Mental. I need help I think.

RooJay
10-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I was watching my new Muppets DVD last night (I can only afford to buy them one at a time) - the volume with Harry Belafonte, Linda Rondstadt, and John Denver. The Harry Belafonte episode truly was one of the best episodes of the show, and was just an incredible television event in general! One thing I noticed, as Beauregard makes several appearances in the show, is the striking resemblance Beau shares with Brian Henson. It's actually quite remarkable, in my opinion, and quite amazing as I believe Brian was just a wee lad when that puppet was created! :eek:
Anyway, I'm really dying now for Palisades to do a four pack of the african masks characters from the "Makes the World Go 'Round" number. Those would just be so awesome!

Jayspawn
10-03-2003, 09:43 AM
Ah ha! The Case Janice has a tan colored guitar and iis wearing at blue striped shirt. I think i like the regular Pink shirt version better.

RooJay
10-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Ah ha! The Case Janice has a tan colored guitar and iis wearing at blue striped shirt. I think i like the regular Pink shirt version better.

"Case" Janice? :confused:

EDIT: Sorry 'bout that. I just realized you had simply missed the 'H' in cHase! Don't mind me! ;)

Jargo
10-03-2003, 07:40 PM
I like the pink better too. Although i'd prefer the starburst guitar from the chase variant to the white one but beggars can't be choosers as they say. Still waiting for my series five figures to arrive. Ridiculous, I've had them ordered in the UK since Sept 1st and they haven't yet arrived. Ordered figures from NY to ship across the big blue Atlantic and looks like this international order placed just this wednesday will be here days before series five. Vaca Fozzie and Tour Animal comin' home to stay. I'm currently researching 17th century architecture and naval facilities and ports in an effort to come up with a suitable playset backdrop to the MTI figures of Sam and the 2004 Kermit and Polly. There's a possibility of Clueless Morgan and Benjamina Gunn too But even if there's just the thre figures i want a nice port side backdrop and I thought about making ye olde cartography shoppe under collanades and have barrels and anchors and ropes and shrimp baskets travel trunks and jewel chests and maps and sextants and ship stuff as props. Use some sculpey and make the base cobbled. Keep the colours muted so the figures stand out, make it about as long as the kitchen set and as tall as the labs or kitchen. If Pallisades ever do a playset it'll be the ship or the treasure cave or whatever and I want something unique. Dollshouse stuff is made in the same scale 1:12 so just buy stuff for dollshouses based on the Georgian period and they'll all fit with Mr. Samuel Arrow and Captain Abraham Smollet. Then it's time to make a ballroom backdrop for the tuxedo figures and a beach setting for the vacation figures.

RooJay
10-06-2003, 12:07 AM
I just found the latest Muppets earlier today. I picked up Janice, Pepe, and the Muppet Newsman - I passed momentarily on Gonzo only because I already have the first version (the new one is much better, by the way) and was more interested in the new characters that I didn't already have versions of. I will be picking up Gonzo next payday, though. ;)
All of them are freakin' A awesome, and I realize that each new series of Muppets has only made me more excited for the next. Truly, Palisades Muppets are the best figure line going right now (perhaps of all time?)!
I did notice that each of the Janice's I've seen so far had minor paint application problems - very ittle bleed, but a few spots here and there and some obvious quicky paint fixes were apparently done around the eyelashes at the factory - so be sure to check 'em out before ya buys 'em.
I'm now wondering, though, if there might not be more than one chase version of Janice (she was cool as well, but I have a preference for the more typical pink clad version. Sucks about the starburst guitar only being available with the chase verson though). I've read on here that the chase version was supposed to have a "blue stripped" shirt - the one I've seen looked more like an attempt at a sort of grayish/metallic silver shirt? Anyone have any info?

Jargo
10-06-2003, 04:52 PM
As far as I know the plan was for the silver top. maybe an early proto had blue but Henson said change it. That happens a lot. I'm still waiting patiently for my series five to arrive should have tour Animal and Vac Fozzie tomorrow if all goes well.
Just worked out that to make the backdrop for the tuxedo figures that I want to it'll cost me almost £200 ($280). But then it will be almost three feet long and two feet deep and one foot high. It'll have huge windows and working french doors. Fireplace, wooden parquet floor, plants in urns on plinths, pillars and window curtain swags and tails. I'm working on incorporating real lighting into it too but that'll push the cost up by about £50. Gonna be huge but it's gonna be good.

darthvyn
10-19-2003, 05:40 PM
i really love these figs... i've bought most of them for my brother for his b-day/x-mas gifts, so he is nearly complete with the regular release guys... i've been getting the band members, or at least most of them... i have the animal playset, dr. teeth, and now janice (who kicks butt! my g/f likes me to pose her with her leg up on the amp...)

unfortunately i had a bit of financial problems during the time floyd and zoot were released... now i need to hunt them down - if anyone has any extras??? hmmmm?

i'm also hunting down the koozebane kermit. he looks awesome! i can't believe he comes with the koozebanians AND the murdeledops!

i also want the swedish chef with the lobster banditos. that thing is too cool...

Jargo
10-29-2003, 03:41 PM
Darthvyn, what is your location? are you NY way? I know they're a bit expensive but Toywiz have got Floyd and Chef w/ lobsters and Koozebane kermit. At least they have online. Don't know about their real world store.

Anyway, as we know series seven consists of: Beauregard,
Frogscout Robin,
Captain Smollet Kermit w/ Polly lobster,
Jonny Fiamma with one repaint and one resculpt/repaint.
Plus Target exclusive black tuxedo Gonzo and Bernice chicken.
Mega Gonzo

Series eight consists of:
Nekkid Sam eagle,
Dr. Phil Van Neuter,
Marvin Suggs & Muppaphone w/ 6 muppaphone critters,
Theatre usher Scooter,
Exclusive Animal resculpt w/ bass drum and bongos, extra articulation and open hands to hold more accessories but will be wearing the classic costume of the previously released version with the stage playset. The head will be based on the mega animal.

Sal Manila will have a three paint same as Jonny and has been pushed back to around series nine or ten.

10" Sweetums may be out sooner rather than later if things go well. May sell as a MEGA MUPPET but regardless will come in at $24.99.

There will be a convention exclusive Mega Camilla to go with Gonzo but she will not be exact scale. Probably summer time and co-inciding with the release of series eight.

There is a fifth playset under construction. Theme is unknown but likely candidates are Veterinarian hospital, Bear on patrol and Muppet treasure island. Your guess is as good as mine here.

There will be 39 different Muppets SKU's in 2004 if all goes to plan.

Jargo
11-11-2003, 06:54 PM
Quick update with the revised series designations for 2004 (though still tentative as obviously things change for whatever reason.) Source, Pallisades.com

"Series 9:
TMS
MTI
GMC
TMS
Exclusive: PAL
(One of these is slightly misleading)

Series 10:
TMS
TMS
MT
TMS
Exclusive: PAL
(One of these is slightly misleading)

2004 Convention Exclusives:
Palisades Tour Figure: PAL
Wizard World Long Beach: Ghost of Sam Arrow
Wizard World Philadelphia: MEGA Camilla
Wizard World Chicago: PAL
San Diego Comic Con: MFS

(Other items may pop up if the situation presents itself. Giveaways and such, or an exclusive if it is needed.)

2004 Playset #1: TMS
2004 Playset #2: TMS (Re-Issue of formerly released Playset)
2004 Playset #3: TMS

Mini Muppets Wave 3: TMS
Mini Muppets Wave 4: MCC
Mini Muppets Wave 5: TMS

MEGA Muppet #3: Gonzo (A checkered suit variation of this with chili-pepper standard tie will be available at a mass market retailer instead of the purple suit that will be available everywhere else.)
MEGA Muppet #4: Camilla
MEGA Muppet #5: TBD"

PAL is the new designation for items not from any particular show or movie that Pallisades come up with themselves such as exclusives and certain themed figures like the tuxedo and vacation themes.

Jargo
11-12-2003, 10:17 PM
One of the playsets for 2004 will be the backstage area and will be 2.5 floors tall, it has the upper floors. It has the main floor. a "faux" set of steps leading down to an Exit door that is cut off halfway from the top. It's cheated. You get the look from the front, but the door is not a full door.

It will cost $34.99, just like any other Deluxe Playset. It will also be in a box about the same size as the Kitchen and PIS. The upper wall and side walls are packaged separately in the box, and you snap them in place.

It will come with a few essential items, and that's it. BUT, it is being designed with all the accessories that preceded it in mind. There will be spots to place some of the items that you have in drawers or feel aren't usable to "fill" the Backstage and get it looking as cluttered as it was on the show. You will likely see photos of it that show older accessories in it, and figures, with an "accessories and figures not included" on the image.

Rowlf, the regular naked version, is included in the set. He will NOT have articulated ears. his ears will not move. They will be soft though.

a foam core mock-up was used to make sure the sizes work. A few people have seen it and have commented that even though the scales are a bit cheated that it works just fine. it's able to fit 15 Muppet figures at one time.

Also confirmed are Uncle Deadly and Nurse Piggy which intimates that the second playset for 2004 will be veterinarians hospital and Dr. Bob and Nurse Janice are also on the way.

um, did I mention that stands had been dropped from series seven onwards?

And the Pallisades collectors club exclusive figure for the holidays is Rizzo with santa hat and white jacket that has Happy holidays on the back and his t-shirt is red with the Pallisades logo on the front. The jacket sleeves are green and the jacket elasticated cuffs and hem and collar are green and red horizontal stripes. He comes in a white mailer box. Start watching EBAY come alive with this 'rare' item soon :rolleyes:

Jayspawn
11-13-2003, 01:09 AM
All these figures coming up sound great! Looks like Palisades has put some creative thought into these. Yes, we need a MEGA Sweetums. A MEGA Camilla sounds cool too!

Jargo
11-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Another quick update, series nine and ten have just been revealed:

SERIES NINE:
TMS TUX FOZZIE W/ CHUCKIE
TMS LIPS (POSSIBLE 1 PER CASE REPAINT VARIANT)
GMC POPS
MTI GONZO & RIZZO 2-PACK

SERIES TEN:
TMS NURSE PIGGY
TMS DR. BOB
TMS UNCLE DEADLY
MT SAL MANILA, PENGUIN & DANCING CHEESES (POSSIBLE THREE VARIANTS, 1 OF EACH PER CASE)

TMS NURSE JANICE - VETERINARIANS HOSPITAL

The next lot of mini Muppets pvc figures will be the electric mayhem, all six of them.
More news as it breaks.

JediCole
11-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Mrs. JediCole and I were set up at Wizard World Texas just last weekend and got to see a lot of what Palisades has in store for 2004. If I did not have so much comitted to Star Wars I would probably collect at least some of these figures. It looks like others are as up to date as we were after meeting the folks from Palisades. It was kind of cool to see the entire Pigs in Space playset all out of the box and set up for display. I did not realize how HUGE the thing would be! Very impressive!

It was also fun to see the prototypes for the upcoming Pink Panther line. As well as images of some of the toys (and in most cases just images of the characters) coming up in future Muppets waves. I am going to have to track down as Sam the Eagle as he is a personal favorite.

The best part was the free "Party Loot" that Palisades provided for WWT's invitation only party Saturday night. Everyone attending got a free "Ice Penguins" figurine. This was the pair of penguins from the Muppet Christmas Carol PVC set cast in unpainted clear plastic and boxed in a white box with two-color graphics bearing the Wizard World Texas logo and noted as the Party Exclusive, complete with the date, November 22, 2003. It was kind of cool to wind up with something so unique. DingoDad was one of our guests and I suspect he is not terribly attached to his, if anyone wants to contact him...

Jargo
11-28-2003, 09:21 AM
Cool! I love the minis even though I don't collect them. The same amount of attention and detail goes into them as does with the six inch figures. Annyhoo here's the full tentative listing direct from the typing fingers of Ken Lilly, product manager for Pallisades:

Q1 - January through March 2004
Series 7
Kermit the Frog as Captain Smollet (MTI)
Accessories: Polly Lobster, Magnetic Hat, Sword, Sword Sheath
Johnny Fiama (MT)
Accessories: Record Album, Record Album Sleeve, Barstool, Microphone, Picture Frame with Removable Photo
NOTE: Three Johnny figures are in case. Signature version, Casual version and Steppin' Out version.
Beauregard (TMS)
Accessories: Mop Bucket with Removable Mop Wringer, Magnetic Hat, Mop, Broom
Frog Scout Robin (TMS)
Accessories: Opening Backpack, Campfire, Marshmallow Stick, Trail Mix, Travel Trunk, Sticker Sheet, Frog Scout Manual

Retail Exclusive - Target: Black Tuxedo Gonzo (PAL)
Accessories: Bernice the Chicken, Tire (with bitemark), Record Album, Record Album Sleeve

Other Q1 Stuff
Convention/Club Exclusive - Wizard World Long Beach: Ghost of Sam Arrow (MTI)
Accessories: Removable Seaweed

Convention/Club Exclusive - Palisades 2004 Tour Figure: Kermit
(figure silhouetted in Toyfare Magazine solicitation in Diamond Previews - actual cover to appear on stands in January)
Accessories: 5 TBD (one was just glued to the figure permanently)

Industry Incentive: NY Toy Fair 2004 Give-Away (PAL)

MEGA Muppets: Gonzo V-1: Purple Suit (regular release)
MEGA Muppets: Gonzo V-2: Black and White Checkered Suit (ToysRUs Exclusive - pending confirmation)

Q2 - April through June 2004
Series 8
Dr. Phil Van Neuter (MT)
Accessories: Various Pieces of Clear Plastic Lab Equipment, Egg Nog Carton, Clock (designed to mount on the wall of the Muppet Labs)
Sam the Eagle (TMS)
Accessories: Lectern, Seal of Sam the Eagle, Standard and Practices Book, U.S. Constitution
NOTE: A variation of Sam with shifty eyes will be packaged one per TBD amount of cases.
Marvin Suggs (TMS)
Accessories: 6 Unique Muppephones, Muppephone Display Wall and Twin Mallets.
NOTE: A variation of Marvin in Silver and Black will be packaged one per case.
Usher Scooter (TMTM)
Accessories: Popcorn Cart on Wheels

Retail Exclusive - ToysRUs (pending confirmation): Animal 2 Signature Edition
Accessories: Bongos, Insta-Grow Pills, Bass Drum, Drumsticks

Playset: Backstage at The Muppet Show/Naked Rowlf Figure
Accessories: Wall Sconces, Antique Phone, Victrola, Dustpan, Posters, TBD

Other Q2 Stuff:
Convention/Club Exclusive - Wizard World Philadelphia: MEGA Camilla
Accessories: Bupkis*

Mini Muppets: Set #5 and Set #6
Beaker, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Scooter, Kermit the Frog, Doglion, Swedish Chef w/ Chicken

Q3 - July through September 2004
Series 9
Steppin' Out Fozzie (PAL)
Accessories: Chucky, TBD
Cabin Boy Gonzo (MTI)
Accessories: Rizzo the Rat, TBD
Pops (TMS)
Accessories: Lobby Backdrop, TBD
Lips (GMC)
Accessories: TBD

Retail Exclusive - Target: Scoutmaster Kermit (PAL)
Accessories: Fishing Pole, TBD

Other Q3 Stuff:
Convention/Club Exclusive - San Diego Comic Con: Tutu Pepe (MFS)
Convention/Club Exclusive - Wizard World Chicago: SuperBeaker (PAL)
Accessories: Cape, Goggles, TBD

MEGA Muppets: Kermit the Frog

Q4 - October through December 2004
Series 10
Rowlf as Dr. Bob (TMS)
Nurse Piggy (TMS)
Uncle Deadly (TMS)
Accessories: Muppet Ghosts, Yorick
Sal Manilla (MT)
Accessories: Muppet Penguin, Java Muppets(dancing slinkies), Muppet Veggies

Retail Exclusive - TBD: Robot Buster Bunsen (MT)
Accessories: Super Soaker, Backpack, Goggles, TBD

Playset: Veterinarian's Hospital/Nurse Janice Figure (TMS)

Other Q4 Stuff
Club Exclusive: Holiday Toy Drive Figure TBA

Industry Incentive: Palisades Holiday Give-Away 2004

Mini Muppets: MCC Re-Issue Variations and New Figures
Mini Muppets: Set #7 and Set #8
Janice, Rowlf, Zoot, Floyd, Animal and Dr. Teeth

Special Note from Palisades:
This is currently the line-up, but it is in an extreme state of flux right now, which is why we were initially reluctant to post it. But then we decided "what the hell?" since we shift around the line-up more than most people change underwear. Why? Because we like the options of being responsive to any need or trend that might come up and because, well...sometimes things happen. When and if the line-up changes, we will post it.

Expect Photos of a lot of this stuff to be revealed at Toy Fair in 2004 in February! Other items may pop up if the situation presents itself. Giveaways and such, or an exclusive if it is needed..

More "Rumored Figures" and what we know about them:

1) Sweetums
*Will have the following articulation: Swivel Eyelids, Swivel Jaw, Ball Neck, Ball Shoulders, Swivel Biceps, Double-Jointed Elbows, Ball-Jointed Wrists, Swivel Fingers, Ball Jointed Mid-Torso, Ball-Jointed Hips, Swivel Thighs, Double-Jointed Knees, Ball-Jointed Ankles
* Will likely be released in 2004.
* Will be approximately 10-inches tall.
* Will have many cool layers of plastics.
* Will likely be sold as an exclusive.
* Will likely NOT be a Target exclusive.
* Will likely be widely available.
* Will be packaged in a window box.
* Will likely have an accessory.
* Has completed Round 2 sculpting.
* Will likely have a HUGE amount of hidden articulations.
* Will certainly be....SWEET!

2) Jim Henson: Sculpted, approved and REALLY up in the air on how he will be released.

3) Naked Robin. The sculpt exists. Some have seen it. Where in the world is he gonna go? No one knows yet.

Jargo
11-30-2003, 01:22 PM
Just got my series six through two days ago including the swinetrek playset with First mate Piggy.
Clifford is amazing if a little muted colour wise. great articulation and great accessories. BOP Fozzie is also mighty fine and has nice accessories though the handcuffs on mine were broken and i had to glue them back together which is incredibly tricky. plus the cuffs don't fit the pouch provided properly.
Statler is great, Waldorf is okay, the chairs are nice and the veggies are cool, but cool as it is to have S&W it's cooler to have BOP Fozzie and Clifford, Piggy and the playset with Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork and M.A.M.M.A. with the little Koozebanian aliens just looks fantastic! It's a huge playset much wider than the kitchen and the best part is the doors which have a really strong spring in them operated by a button slider. Let go of the button and the doors snap shup so violently you better not have your fingers in there that's fer sure. :D

Series six get a positive A+ from me. hardly any factory errors and great big figures. Now all I need to get is Green shirt variant Clifford and vacation Pepe red/blue and my series six will be complete.

Oh and NYAH NYAH!!! I got my series six before you thrrrrrrrrrp!!! :D ;)

JediCole
12-05-2003, 02:48 PM
I saw the Jim Henson prototype at Wizard World Texas. It looks great and will be a must have for me (I'm not really going to try to collect this line except for a few pieces). I certainly hope that he will not be a show-only exclusive or some other hard to find item.

Jayspawn
12-08-2003, 12:45 AM
More of my Media Play and Eb stores are putting out Series 6 including Vacation Pepe. I think I like the Vacation version better than the regular.

Darth Jax
12-17-2003, 11:39 PM
found swinetrek playset and piggy as well. wasn't expecting it to be out until after the 1st of the year. need a bigger display area as my muppets collection is quickly reaching the size of what i have on display with SW (thanks mostly to the playsets).

darthvyn
03-14-2004, 05:14 PM
anyone know about this guy???

http://indianajones.com/collecting/news/news20040302.html

pretty cool... not that i'm going to be at any of the conventions, but whenever www.starwarsshop.com gets up and running again, it'll be available there, too...

Jargo
03-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Yeah he went on sale in the Pallisades collectors club last week and I bagged me one as soon as the item went live. Apparently he sold out fast. I also have another one on order from elsewhere and I'll be willing to trade that at some point when I get it. There's retail exclusives I'll be after. so... I also have a MIB collectors club exclusive Holiday Rizzo spare which I hope to trade with. And steppin out Bunsen and Beaker set MIB.
I'm now looking forward to recieving series seven a the end of the month. All three Jonny Fiama variants included. And i just bagged me a Toyfare vacation Pepe and got through my retailer exclusive variant holiday Rizzo. so i'm a happy bunny this month. :)

RooJay
04-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Major score this past weekend - Target (which is apparently dumping the line :( ) has recently discounted all of their Muppets toys, and then discounted them again to outrageously cheap prices! I finally picked up the Pigs in Space playset for only eighteen bucks, only to see that not days later they discounted them again to only $6.47!!! I picked one up for my brother to help offset the cost of mine! They also had Statler, Waldorf, Patrol Bear Fozzie, and Clifford for around three dollars and I even managed to pick up Mega Muppets Beaker for only $6.47! I plan on checking the other Targets in my area for Mega Muppets Animal - some of them have had a few hanging around that I'm hoping might still be there.

I've also found all of the latest series (what are we on now anyway - series 7? 8?) at Electronics Boutique as well. This has to be the best assortment yet. I'm especially pleased with Johnny Fiama who turned out just awesome. Beauregard also turned out much better than I'd hoped - and I had high hopes to begin with!

Deoxyribonucleic
04-07-2004, 12:44 AM
anyone know about this guy???

http://indianajones.com/collecting/news/news20040302.html

pretty cool... not that i'm going to be at any of the conventions, but whenever www.starwarsshop.com gets up and running again, it'll be available there, too...

Palisades had the Adventure Kermit and a Wizard Los Angeles Ghost of Sam Arrow exclusive on sale March 19 - 21 at the convention in Long Beach, CA and luckily I was able to get them both and they are Sweeet!! Here's Ghost of Sam Arrow

darthvyn
04-07-2004, 10:15 AM
MAN, i want the adventure kermit... i have a feeling that the only way i'll be able to get it is from starwarshop.com - but they're still not live again... i can't believe they messed up the transactions like that... they must've all gotten fired!

gambitguru
04-10-2004, 05:33 PM
how many different kinds of kermit exclucive were available at target?

El Chuxter
04-10-2004, 05:37 PM

As far as I know, only Koozebane Kermit was a Target exclusive. A friend got me one almost two years ago, but I've seen him as recently as a month ago, which would make him hold a record as the longest lasting Target exclusive (and of the longest time spent on a Target shelf without being clearanced).

There was a TRU exclusive Kermit with Tuxedo, and the recent exclusive Adventure Kermit (a sweet figure!). That's all the Kermies I'm aware of, though I want a baby Kermit figure!

darthvyn
04-10-2004, 05:42 PM

the koozebane kermit was the only target exclusive, but apparently there are two color variants... one with all red koozebanians, and one with purple guys... i'm not sure if that was a variant exclusive to somewhere else, or if it was included in the target ones...

Jargo
04-13-2004, 05:53 PM
Actually you missed out the glow in the dark Koozebane Kermit. tho it's actually the Koozebanians and base that glow. It was an in case change and short run.

I just won a gold tux Gonzo retailer exclusive through the collectors club at Pallisades. On top of the retailer exclusive holiday Rizzo I won. Cool. I like winning things. Though technically it's not a win since i still had to pay for the thing. But the chance to buy a limited run figure is always really cool.

Just got adventure kermit too and ordered me Superbeaker. This year is just fantastic for Muppet figures. :)

darthvyn
04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
man, i can't believe starwarsshop.com went live, and i missed the adventure kermit. that sucks. they sold out. and it doesn't say if they'll be getting any more in...

guess i'll have to ebay it...

evenflow
04-15-2004, 02:00 PM
man, i can't believe starwarsshop.com went live, and i missed the adventure kermit. that sucks. they sold out. and it doesn't say if they'll be getting any more in....

Yeah that sucks, I missed out too. I hope they get some more in.

RooJay
04-17-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm trying to order Adventure Kermit right now in another browser window - it seems he's still in stock far as I can tell. Only problem is I tried to register but keep getting a message saying that my "StarWarsShop.com account is not linked" to my StarWars.com account. Does it have to be? The page offers no further information and won't let me proceed. :mad: I'm pretty sure I have a StarWars.com account, but I don't remember my Login ID nor my password and haven't been able to log on to that site in years! :neutral: Even if I could log on, I wouldn't even know how to begin to 'link' my StarWars.com and ShopStarWars.com accounts. Any help out there?

darthvyn
04-18-2004, 01:01 PM
i think that means that you have to create a new account at starwarsshop? i dunno... like i said in the starwarsshop thread, i got an email saying that they had trouble getting authorization on my card, yet, i called my issuing bank, and they said the transaction was fine, and that there was a charge pending for $19.95 from starwarsshop... meh, as long as i get it, i'll be happy...

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2004, 06:27 PM
I just scored a koozebane kermit at target for $4.98 on clearance. I think I got extremely lucky on that one, so keep your eyes open when you go into target. And I picked up a frog scout robin at my local comic shop for 10 bucks...not bad I think, considering they were selling him for 15 at the Los Angeles Wizard Con.

:)

Jargo
04-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Stil waiting for my series seven to arrive, managed to get a bundle with all three jonny Fiammas in it and at the same time I ordered the red version of Vacation pepe and finally scored a superscooter. should be here any day now. Series nine has been revealed at last. Tux Fozzie with chucky the dummy, Pops with gaffer the cat, Lips with the Java Muppets or slinkies as they're known, and A Swedish chef classic TMS repaint with green tomato and Muppet banana. Obviously there's also other stuff with these cats but I can't be bothered trying to remember it all.

The official UK supplier says series eight has been brought forward to May rather than June. that's cool if true.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-22-2004, 08:44 PM
Ralf (sp?) is one serious big hunk of plastic man!!

RooJay
04-22-2004, 10:14 PM
Is it me, or do the colors on Lips seem a little off? He seems more than a bit too dark brown and his hair seems like it should be much more yellow to me. Was the quality of color on television really that bad back then?

Jargo
04-22-2004, 11:06 PM
nah, just prototype pictures, everything will get sorted. there's a load of likeness tweaks to be done on them all.

Jargo
04-23-2004, 06:59 PM
here, I tinkered with the lips pic after someone else corrected his colour digitally. Waddyer think? added in puppet pics to compare. Mine is the version with the fro. :Ogre:

RooJay
04-26-2004, 12:54 PM
See, now that's what I'm talking about! That's the Lips I know. Hopefully Palisades is listening and fixes him before he's released. I hadn't even noticed at first how his eyes were off also, and his hair looks much more accurate in your pic Jargo. Good show!

darthvyn
04-26-2004, 05:49 PM
finally got my adventure kermit, and it's awesome!!! so cool...

Jargo
05-05-2004, 09:18 AM
well i got my gold tux Gonzo and fantastic he is too. I opened him even though he's a rarity figure and I shoved him in the band with Gonzo's horn clutched in his hand. Lips is coming in a tan shirt variant so having the horn section all in sort of golden shades will look great. Original Zoot, tan Lips and Gold Gonzo. Fab!
Was thinking that when Animal II arrives later in the year his big bass drum could go to say Crazy Harry and the bongos to someone like Pepe and add in Jim Henson on Banjo and Marvin Suggs with his Muppaphones, Jonny Fiamma on lead vocals and Clifford backing with Janice's tambourine. The band is really the best bit of the display now. All it needs is for Pallisades to throw out an accessory pack with some floor monitors and speakers and stage lights, Animals drum stoll and a mic stand and it'd rock! And if they ever figure out a way to get Rowlf's upright piano out with a figure then adding him in would be the icing on the cake.

Hmmm getting a little too excitable here lol

Sitting here waiting for mega Camilla to arrive is taking its toll..........:dis:

RooJay
05-05-2004, 10:05 PM
Speaking of Lips - Action-Figure.com recently posted a new pic of the guy as part of their Palisades week, and thankfully he does now appear to be sporting much more accurate colors.

Jargo
05-08-2004, 06:42 AM
yeah, that's his tan shirt, there's also going to be a third variant which may be a steppin' out one, possibly a tuxedo print shirt. The Java Muppets he comes with will be repainted too as far as i can tell, one will be the standard orange and pink as seen in the Muppet show and one will be white and orange as seen in the Ed Sullivan show where they debuted. don't know if there'll be a third paint on them though.

Jim Henson will be a Pallisades exclusive available to anyone who wants him through the site, Sweetums will be exclusive to a well known US store as yet un named.

Looking forward to series 8 and collectors club exclusive Tux Gonzo and Bernice chicken now though. Getting closer to release time. :)

Jargo
05-10-2004, 12:35 PM
two weeks away from the Philly con and I was alerted to an ebay auction for the con exclusive Tux Gonzo so quick asa flash I hit the buy it now button and scored me one. HUZZAH!!!

then I went on and bought a blue variant Floyd Pepper and Green variant Clifford. I also pre-ordered series nine and the backstage playset from scifiwarehouse.com they don't have chef to order yet because they still have MTI Gonzo and Rizzo listed but as we all know they were booted to make way for TMS Chef. anyway, I'm not so keen on Chef cuz i have two varsions already and this one aint too different. I'm stoked to get al that muppety loveliness now though and it's so long to wait.

Tux Gonzo and Bernice
Floyd Pepper repaint
Clifford repaint
Series eight
Superbeaker
Series nine
Backstage playset n Rowlf

oh life is gonna be so sweet.... :D

I think i might be addicted to these Muppet figures y'know. I'm not sure but just maybe I might be......

RooJay
05-10-2004, 09:21 PM
Bummer about Treasure Island Gonzo and Rizzo! After picking up Kermit as Captain Smollet and seeing how great of a figure he actually is up close and personal, I was getting really jazzed about filling out the set a bit more. Ah well, I'm sure they'll be released eventually. I'm dying for some Muppet Christmas Carol figures also. I think the three Christmas spirits would be pretty keen!

Jargo
05-11-2004, 06:02 AM
well Gonzo and Rizzo are sculpted so they'll probably be out early 2005, the sculpts are too good to waste. I think it's been said that there won't be any christmas carol figs.
seems like treasure island is the only movie going to be tapped into.

Jayspawn
05-11-2004, 10:28 AM
Well thats a shame -for now. I really want a Ghost of Christmas Present figure!

Jargo
05-11-2004, 09:58 PM
I think xmas carol is one of thestronger movies in all honesty and has a really cool style to it. But I will admit that pirates are much more saleable as far as historic costumed figures go. Get the feeling Palisads might cram an awful lot into 2005 though. it's been said that from now on all the figures will have a buddy muppet of some description packed in so Lips gets the Javas, Fozzie gets Chucky, Chef the banana, Pops gaffer the cat etc. and this will continue apparently, but don't quote me. Could mean a lot of the smaller characters like dancing cheeses get made though. Which is just as cool as say a big figure like Sweetums getting made.

Still hoping for some frackles though. there needs to be more monsters in the mix really.

It's all good though, all damn good stuff. I've given up on star wars and LOTR to concentrate on the Muppets. There'll always be one or two items I'll be missing due to starting to collect quite late and the rising cost of one or two pieces but I'm chugging along nicely in picking up every figure. and To have got hold of Gold tux Gonzo is just great. can't tell you how fantastic he looks stood next to Zoot with his horn clutched ready for his one note solo hehehe. oh - I'm so sad sometimes :p

Jargo
05-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Series 10 news. Dr. Bob and the Muppet baby versions of Kermit and Piggy will not be in the series. Which I suppose leaves Uncle Deadly and Sal Manilla. There is apparently an unspecified character in the series which has come from leftfield and is something no-one will really think of as a main series choice. no details yet. leaving one spot open.

RooJay
05-24-2004, 05:14 PM
Dare I say it? I almost wish Palisades would start doing larger assortments! I'm all caught up on my Muppets and already can't wait to get my hands on more!

Jargo
05-27-2004, 04:48 AM
okay here's the scoop: series ten tentative line up:
Uncle Deadly w/ Muppet ghost and stand for ghost to 'float' on

Sal Manilla threepaint. each version of Sal comes with a penguin and each penguin like Sal will be detailed differently. Sal also comes with Robin the frog and each Robin will be different too (nekkid seated, nekkid standing, tux), there will also be something small and critter like in the package too but that's undecided as yet.

MTI Gonzo & Rizzo have made the line up and will possibly also pack with a pirate chicken.

Frogscout leader Kermit w/ blue frogscout with altered Robin head.

How cool is that for a line up? that's a possible 19 seperate figures all told if you bought the full set. Pallisades rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Jargo
05-30-2004, 09:30 PM
seems for 2005 there's a mere 16 sku's available. that's four series until the end of the line. that doesn't include any exclusives or giveaways but even so that's scary to realise that after the end of 2005 there will be no more Muppet figures. :( I've had a really good crack at getting everything I can. but even so there's a long list of stuff i've mised out on. WW exclusive Dr. Teeth and orange shirt Zoot for another. Invisible spray Fozzie and Vanishing cream Beaker. all the Minis and Megas. not to mention white tux rowlf, collectors club exclusive holiday Kermit... I just finally managed to get my hands on variant Clifford, Floyd, Janice and make sure I got a variant Marvin Suggs and all the LIps variants. I got series eight covered now, series nine too, got the backstage playset ordered. and I'm just waiting for series ten to be confirmed and put up for pre-order. which leaves Sweetums and Jim Henson and the cc holiday exclusive.

Pretty much got this year all wrapped up. now i have to start thinking about planning for 2005 to make sure i don't miss anything.

Tux Waldorf and Statler
Tutu Pepe
Robot Buster Bunsen
Robot Buster Beaker
Dr. Bob Rowlf
Nurse Janice
Nurse Piggy
Baby Kermit and Piggy
Baby Fozzie and Scooter
Baby Rowlf and Gonzo
MTI Piggy

all have been mentioned as possibles. There's so much other stuff that could be done too but not enough time. I mean monsters, frackles, more stage acts, more backstage characters. More movie stuff, spoof characters, vacation figures, superhero figures, critters and animals, accessories, mini environments, a stage playset, a MTI playset.

this line could have run and run if it had been supported by retailers. now it's down to the specialist stores to move the stock so the number of figures out there will have dropped making it harder and harder to find stuff. and the resale value gets higher and higher al the time. And yet it's one of the best lines currently in production.

I just don't understand how people can not see the quality of the line and support it. :(

RooJay
06-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Do we know for certain that the line will end in 2005? Isn't it still a possibility that Palisades might renew the license? I know the mass market retail support isn't really there anymore, but the line still seems pretty successful for Palisades regardless.

I'm a bit confused about Sal - do you mean to say that he'll be packed with both the Penguins and Robin? Is there any info on Robin's articulation? I'm hoping they're not going the PVC route with him.

Jargo
06-03-2004, 02:03 PM
yeah, each of the three versions of Sal will pack with a penguin and a Robin figure also.
signature Robin is most likely the naked standing one. he'll likely have the same articulation as s1 Kermit
Then you get a resculpt of robin seated with possibly only head articulation.
then steppin out Robin who will likely have the same articulation as frogscout robin. the penguins will have headand flipper articulation and possibly moving feet too.

Sal himself has no leg articulation only shoulders and wrists and waist and head I think.

I think this is an awesone way to get more Robin figures out, army builder penguins and also sal in three diferent looks

Jargo
06-09-2004, 05:32 PM
http://www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com/ is the online retailer who have exclusive rights to sell the Sweetums figure in the states so if you guys want Sweetums you better get an order in fast when it goes live. They don't ship to Canada or overseas so you US guys may think abot helpin out your non US buddies here :nerv: mkay?

RooJay
06-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Any word on when it goes live? And you know I've got you hooked up Jargo! Any word on that Adventure Kermit, by the way? ;)

Jargo
06-10-2004, 08:12 PM
I got the adventure kermit covered hopefully. He's on order and won't be here til July but he's got your name on Roojay. ;)

I got no idea when sweetums goes live though. I don't think he's due out until the fall. september October time. so it's possible that he'll go live next month. I'll see what i can find out and repost it here.

Series eight should be hitting retail in 2-3 weeks time. I hear tell that the retail price has risen. which sucks in one way but pallisades are trying to shove as much into the blister as they can so it's still worth it in my opinion. Still one of the best figure lines out there.

Trouble is pallisades are too darn good, I'm getting hooked on the Invader Zim figures and they aren't even hitting retail until the fall. grrrr curse you pallisades!!! lol

RooJay
06-10-2004, 10:06 PM
I'd easily pay fifteen bucks per figure for Palisades Muppets without even flinching. Whatever it takes to keep the line going! I'm pretty sure I could be fairly easily convinced that they'd be worth twenty a piece if such an increase were needed to keep things going.They'r more worth that price than anything presently on the market at that rate. Not to give Palisades any ideas!

Jargo
06-11-2004, 07:41 PM
Was just thinking about the stuff i'm still missing from my collection that I want. apart from series ten and Jim Henson and Sweetums. It's really not a lot. Just happens to be mostly stuff that's constantly creeping up in value.

Vanishing cream beaker con. excl.
Invisible spray Fozzie con. excl.
Doctor Teeth WWE excl.
Collectors club Holiday Kermit excl.
Rizzo blue jacket variant

I think in all honesty I'm going to have to forget WWE Dr. Teeth and just try for a second series 1 one and repaint it myself. I could do the same with Holiday Kermit and just use tux Kermit. which would save me a small fortune. It's really just the two invisible figures I'm after now. bloody hard to get hold of, wish I'd gone after them sooner. Rizzo i think i can get no problem. I'd prefer trade giveaway black jacket Rizzo but again i can just repaint a regular Rixzzo if i have to. Rizzo's of many hue. Not that I want a million Rizzo's mind....

just managed to bag myself an orange shirt Zoot cost me $75. which beats the $100 that some folks are paying for him right now.

RooJay
06-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Regretably, I'm missing most of the exclusive Muppets. I never really wanted the color variants, but I really wish I had got the invisible figures, all of the Tuxedo variants, Super Scooter, etc.. :(

Jargo
06-13-2004, 06:10 AM
well I started out only collecting the tux variants. then got sucked right in and now the only thing i really don't collect is the trade giveaway figures. because they just cost too much. Not collecting the mega figures or minis helps too even if they are lovely as well.

I always swore I'd never give in to the evils of EBAY but I've been driven to it in order to get certain items. I suppose it shows how much the Muppets line means to me. something fun and joyful rather than the usual death and destruction stuff of action figures. Not to get all preachy about it but frankly, it's no wonder kids are all aggressive and destructive when all they get fed is a diet of toys condoning such actions. Muppets to me represents the finer side of life that stairises all that mentality. harmless fun.
But when the Muppets are trying are to find shelf space among all the mindless death and destruction toys it's no wonder they lose out to the majority rule.
sad thing is after 2004 it's really down to sales to determine the future of the line. the license is to the end of 2005, but it could end sooner if sales drop. and the support for the line at retail is dwindling. :alien:

*I was going to swear and then remembered where I am hehehehe*

RooJay
06-13-2004, 08:09 PM
Interestingly enough, the Muppets may not be out of the mass market game quite yet. My brother has been a couple series behind recently, having missed both series 5 and 6. He's pretty much all caught up with the exception of Janice, but one of the things that really helped him get back on track was his having found all of the seres 6 figures at TRU just this past month! I know it sounds odd, but it seems TRU actually stocked series 6 Muppets finally even though they previously hadn't stocked any other Muppets since series 2! Hopefully this means they've decided to give the line another shot in their stores!

On a side note, I also managed to pick up the awesome Mega Muppets Animal on clearance at Suncoast for only $6.74 recently!

Jargo
06-17-2004, 06:26 AM
http://www.ohmygodcheapnewfiguresonline.com/ should have sweetums pre-order up either this weekend or next week.

If you're interested Roojay I have a spare steppin out Bunsen and Beaker and mega Camilla, will have a spare Superbeaker too.

I just got my Zoot variant through and he looks fab. also got my second Dr. Teeth. His keyboard will give my first Dr. Teeth something of a decent set up now. and the second one is gonna be repainted somehow. possiblt tone down the garish colour of his hair and do something with his shirt. maybe change the colour of his pants too.

OMGCNFO.com also have the Animal resculpt as an exclusive which will have a slightly different look to the killertoys version and the Collectors paradise version which each have different looks too. it'll probably be a subtle difference like pants colour or something.

just thought I'd update :)

evenflow
06-17-2004, 10:14 AM
Sweetums looks cool but that is a bit of a high price. I wish I would have started collecting these with Wave 1, I am too far back to even think about starting now.

Jargo
06-24-2004, 08:28 PM
RooJay i now have your Adventure Kermit in my posession. Just so you know. all mint and fresh and all sealed up fresh from factory. :D

one more tidbit, there's going to be a new variant of Gonzo available as part of the collectors club sign up deal. What was going to be the mega Gonzo repaint in his check suit modern look is now going to be a regular sized figure that will come with a tan chicken and a grey chicken and a repainted box of candy (from the series five Gonzo and Camilla). Some have complained about too many Gonzos but I say you can never have enough of Gonzo.

RooJay
06-27-2004, 01:32 AM
Fantastic! Thanks Jargs! :D

Jargo
06-29-2004, 06:22 PM
And Sweetums has gone live. just so you know... :D

Jargo
10-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Right, well the exclusive to e-tailers signature Animal figures are all shipping. Sweetums is about due to ship too.

The new system of sign kit for the palisades collectors club allows you to choose from four options, two of which contain muppets, one is Gonzo and 2 chickens and the other is Koozebane Kermit repaint with glow in the dark koozebanians and base. these are due to go live mid October. sign up is $50 for a lifetime membership. but existing club members will get a reduced price of $25 on the kits.

series nine (pops, lips, chef and Tux Fozzie) will be the last series at bricks and mortar retail outlets. come 2005 all releases will be exclusives no news on what's coming in 2005 apart the scheduled series ten still being released but in different ways. that's Uncle Deadly, treasure island Gonzo and Rizzo, Frogscout leader Kermit and frogscout and Sal manilla w/ Robin and a penguin done possibly as a threepaint. or not...

Jim Henson is slated for release in november and series nine and the backstage playset are slated for end of October.

December sees santa chef being released through ebay by way of a special promotion. he'll be same price as normal releases but just purchased through ebay and shipped by palisades as normal. odd but that's how it is.

There's also a fair chance that the veterinarians hospital trio of Rowlf piggy and Janice will see releasein 2005. possibly as a three pack.

other items mentioned for 2005 but pure conjecture at this point are Bobo the bear, Bean bunny, Lewis kazagger sportscaster, Tux Waldorf and Statler, Baby kermit and Piggy, Tutu Pepe, Robo buster Bunsen Honeydew. Palisades say they have over a dozen items planned for release in 2005. whether this includes convention exclusives i don't know. but it does mean cool stuff for next year.

There is however a sniff in the air that palisades may be going after the sesame street license after fun4all went belly up. and also there's a bigger sniff that palisades may get the fraggle rock license. the test shot at Gobo fraggle looks promising.

also with the release of the Muppets wizard of oz around april 2005 on tv there may be a chance of Oz themed figures seeing production.

Muppet megas are pretty much dead in the water and the minis are not faring well. Palisades are selling wave three via palisades direct and they aren't shifting fast enough to secure a release for wave four. wave three contains Bunsen and beaker, chef and chicken, scooter, Kermit, doglion. wave four would contain Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Zoot, Janice, Animal and Rowlf.

RooJay
10-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Woah. That's some very mixed news there. I really don't know how to feel. It sounds like there's a lot of great stuff planned for next year, but it sucks to hear that the line will no longer be available at retail. Rather disappointing to hear, and while word of what's planned for '05 and the possibility of Muppets styled Sesame Street characters and especially Fraggles sounds fantastic, I can't help but be more than a bit worried that it all might never happen! I sincerely hope that Palisades tries their hardest (and succeeds!) at keeping the line alive in an online only capacity. It would not only be great news for us loyal fans, but I think it'd really set a precedent for the viability of online only, collector friendly toylines. I'd even be willing to pay more for my Muppets if that were the only way to get them.

Jargo
10-22-2004, 10:28 PM
OOOOOOOOO I got my name on the back of a package. Adventure Kermit no less. on the first two production runs the thanks on the back was short. but o the third run it got bigger and my name is on thereSpecial thanks from palisades to me for whatever it was I did do. And they spelled my name wrong which is a glorious bonus cause now it's an error packaging lol highly collectible.....lol

course now you'll all have to go buy Adventure Kermit v.0.3 just so you can bathe in my glory too hehehehehe :D

Lookee he-ar ma 'lil chickadees... (http://photo.outeverywhere.com/30/18/g301876.jpg)

kool-aid killer
10-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Thats cool, i would love to see a toy company give me a shout out on its packaging. Is there any way to find out what the Special Thanks is dedicated to? Maybe its for people who give them good product suggestions or something along that line. Either way congrats!

Jayspawn
11-20-2004, 10:21 AM
Ahem, SWEETUMS is available for sale Online! Go to http://www.omgcnfo.com/ to get your Exclusive Sweetums! He runs $36.95 (ouch!) and Michael Crawford did an awesome review over at http://www.mwctoys.com -he has some detailed pictures too!!!

"Are you kidding? I love you guys!!!!" -Sweetums

darthvyn
11-20-2004, 10:38 AM
awww, man, i might have to get him!!! hopefully i can get one for christmas, as long as i make sure to put on my list that it's very exclusive...

Jargo
12-06-2004, 04:24 PM
Anyone seen roojay around lately? sent him a parcel with mega camilla and adventure kermit inside and want to know if he got them ok. won't be here much but can be reached at jargoboy@hotmail.com. just make sure you put something relating to ssg in the title or it'll get deleted as unknown sender. that goes for anyone who might use the addy. have fun, stay safe and remember, don't set fire to yourself. :)

Jayspawn
12-06-2004, 09:46 PM
In case anybody missed the announcement, the Muppet Jim can be ordered as an exclusive through Palasides Direct on their website. He runs $20 plus shipping!

Jayspawn
12-10-2004, 09:44 AM
A few things....

Palasides has also picked up the license for Sesame Street! And will me making select characters into action figures to go along with our Muppets! The 1st will be Grover (our furry blue friend) -scratch that! Super Grover will be the first! Figures.com has the pictures! GO check him out.

Also at Figures.com in the Reviews section of the forums, Michael Crawford has done a great review of Muppet Jim Henson figure along are some detailed pictures.

Jargo
12-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Yup, series one will debut in the summer. Guy Smiley, Oscar the grouch, two headed monster and Ernie will make up the four slots. there'll also be a pack of anything muppets with interchangeable parts so you can increase your collection. or change it around. two series of figures are planned for 2005.

the plan is to make two sets of the same figures. one set will be collector aimed and come with accessories and a piece of backdrop. that when connected to other pieces will eventually make up one whole diorama of the street. these pieces will have the same detailing that playsets do but not be functional. they'll just look amazing. The first set of pieces will make up Oscars corner. cheated in scale but still groovy. then the scene will move right. along the street.

a second set of the same figures is planned for mass market with fewer accessories, no backdrop and smaller packaging so one set will be cheaper than the others.. the figures will have a 8 and over age range so they aren't being marketed at kids.

figures will have the same detailing and articulation and scale as the muppets figures. the license includes the rights to make large figures so it's possible to get an in scale big bird or snuffy at some point maybe. there will be no actual playsets.

series one is in the sculpting stage. with only Super Grover having been shown. he comes with a cloth trenchcoat to go over his superhero outfit. his big G is molded onto his chest. He has two interchangeable heads one with super helmet and one with trilby hat and glasses. hats are non removable. he also comes with phone booth to change inside of. with working door. his arms will be bendy and his legs will be simple rotation just like series one Kermit. Kermit btw is not covered by the sesame license. nor are international sesame characters or human characters. US muppets only. Palisades have got the license for quite some time so the line could well be a grower.

darthvyn
12-11-2004, 03:06 PM
Palasides has also picked up the license for Sesame Street! And will me making select characters into action figures to go along with our Muppets! The 1st will be Grover (our furry blue friend) -scratch that! Super Grover will be the first! Figures.com has the pictures! GO check him out.

that's awesome news, but preplexing at the same time. aren't they discontinuing the muppets due to lack of vendors to distribute them? isn't the same thing going to happen with the sesame st., or do you think that younger kids will be into them, since the show is still ongoing, as opposed to figures based on a show that ended 23 years ago?

Jargo
12-11-2004, 08:51 PM
Palisades lose the license to the muppets end of 2005there'll be fewer muppet figures next year but there will still be a trickle of them as exclusives mainly. bricks and mortar stores aren't taking the muppets no but the etailers are so there's life in the line yet.

Sesame is being handled differently. two versions of each figure. one with little accessories and smaller packaging. the other with lots of extra stuff at a higher pp the smaller versions are aimed at bricks and mortar stores. they will hopefully be retailed in chains.

Sesame street stuff always sells well a couple of SS stars each series alongside a couple of lesser known characters seems to be a good mix. and the age reccommendation is 8+ on these figures so you're kind of gonna get a strange collector after these. young and too cool but buying the sets and then being really embarrassed about it. that sort of teen nostalgia and last clinging grasp at youth. clutching at comforting things like characters they grew up with. sesame street is cool til it's uncool and then slyly becomes cool again. I still cry and smile thinking about the way sesame street taught kids about divorce by using birds in nests and the dady bird had flown off to a new nest and the momy bird was explaining why to the chicks. really sesitive stuff handled intelligently and sensitively. divorce from a kids pov. that's why the street is cool.

personally if it had been me, I would package two figures in a blister. one core character and one supporting character. that way for each one you know you get one you don't know but all told you build a great sesame street collection. each series i would have done one large character as a deluxe so big bird, barkley and Bruno would be done and then as a super delux I'd do snuffy. basic accessories with figures and I wouldn't bother doing the backdrop as a series of bits. i would have to cereate a full piece backdrop sold seperately to go with the figures. maybe two pieces of backdrop one half of the street to each.

DarthQuack
01-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Anyone looking for a White Lips at all in the Muppet line? PM me.

Jargo
02-15-2005, 12:53 PM
So the muppet line ends this year. 2005 releases are all exclusives. starting with the MTI Gonzo and Rizzo 2-pack, followed by (in no particular order) Uncle Deadly with Muppet ghost and skull, Scout master Kermit with frogscout and muppet eggplant, Rainbow connection Kermit Sitting on log playing banjo and Robin also sitting on a log and muppet scallion, cabbage and eggplant. (procceeds from the sale of this go to the cooper Perry fund).

It is unlikely yhat we will ever see the release of Sal Manilla and penguin, Veterinarian hospital Rowlf piggy and Janice, muppet baby Kermit and Piggy. or any of the other things that were planned.

However what we do get is the start of the Sesame street line. Beginning with Super Grover who comes with a spiffy phone booth to change from Grover Kent to Super Grover inside.

Series one is Guy Smiley, Oscar the Grouch, Two headed monster and Ernie. this will hit retail in the fall.

series two will be announced at toyfair end of this month and there is also a pack of anything muppets with interchangeable parts planned for release this year.

The sesame line will be released two ways. one set is aimed at collectors and the figure will pack with part of the street itself. the first series will give you the area round Oscars trash can and Big Birds nest area. and subsequent releases will build up the 123 building. then further releases will continue down the street gradually building it up. Or at least that's the plan.

however there's a twist. the collector aimed releases will be on sale via internet stores and collectible stores. while a secondary set of the same figures without the pieces of sesame street and with fewer or different accessories will hit mainstream retail stores at a lower price point.

The street when assembled will simply be a backdrop not a playset and will have little to no working parts. there won't be pegs on the street base for example but some figures will come with stands where required but these will be small and only to assist in keeping the figure stood upright.

Oscar will come with removable arms so he can pop inside the trash can, the lid will be hinged and not attached to his head. he will also come with a set of legs to attach to the underneath of the can as he has been seen walking about the street.

further details in about a week once toyfair gets underway. but having seen Super Grover and the head of one half of the two headed monster i can say this line will doubtless match the muppets line if not exceed the quality. All figures are scaled to match in with the muppets and blend in seamlessly. but the main thrust of the line won't happen til 2006.

Jargo
02-19-2005, 10:53 AM
http://afigures.com/g/?mode=album&album=05_Toy_Fair/Palisades/Sesame_Street

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showgallery.php?cat=2261

http://action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=14030&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

there's ya sesame street series one pics. plus if you do a little back digging on the section links you can find the muppets for 2005 which include a suprise addition of a PENGUINS exclusive. Looks like the penguins planned for the sal manilla release are getting their own time in the spotlight somehow. cool beans.

Also it's mentiond that Big Bird is a definite planned figure.

Jargo
02-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Not that anyone seems interested but series 2 will consist of Bert, Count von Count, Yip Yip martians 2-pack and Roosevelt franklin....

Jargo
05-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Hey Roojay, ya still got that Sweetums for me? Just need to know coz if not i'll have to order myself one. Let me know huh? cool. :)

darthvyn
05-23-2005, 07:47 PM
the sesame street figs look great! def have to pick up the bert and ernie.

did anyone see the uncle deadly figure at

http://www.omgcnfo.com/cgi-bin/cart/shop.cgi?cmd=11703OMGXL04a

looks pretty awesome...

RooJay
05-24-2005, 12:40 AM
Hey Roojay, ya still got that Sweetums for me? Just need to know coz if not i'll have to order myself one. Let me know huh? cool. :)

Hey Jargo! You have a new PM regarding that situation.

Jargo
05-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Yup seen the Uncle Deadly and ordered all three versions (regular, flashback and steppin out).
Frogscout leader Kermit with frogscout is going to be available soon. and Rainbow connection kermit and Robin can't be far behind. There's also the penguins 2-pack coming but so far no-one seems to know who's going to be offering the 2-pack. I recently won an auction and snaffoed myself a pre-production painted prototype of the penguin which is fantastic I have to say.

Also seen the first glimpse of the Big Bird figure in the Palisades collectors club portion of the site and it's awesome. highly detailed head sculpt so the rest of him will be fantastic. He even has the little feathers that stick up out of his head at the top. Suhweeeet!

Sesame street figures are looking really really good. the revised sculpts on Ernie and Oscar shown in the collectors club look just awesome. The level of detail on these sculpts is amazing. I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on them and start to build the street environment alongside the muppets playsets. Well, it'll take a whole shelf by itself coz it's gonna end up being biiiig!

I've actually totally given up collecting other lines now. getting rid of star wars and LOTR stuff to make room for my Muppets and SS stuff. I don't want anything in my home that relates in any way to any form of warfare. The Muppets are a perfect antidote to any of that.

darthvyn
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
other than the unknown vendor for the penguins, are those all going to be through omgcnfo.com?

Jargo
05-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Uncle Deadly is OMGCNFO. they have all three colour variants.

frogscout kermit and frogscout are a con exclusive, Wizard world Philly I think. that's 3rd to 5th of June.

Rainbow connection kermit I believe will be sold through 'Palisades direct' from their own site. (Profits from rainbow connection Kermit going to the Cooper Perry fund.)

Penguins vendor is anyones guess at the moment but it's looking likely that it'll be OMGCNFO. However the penguins may turn out to be another con exclusive.

the Sesame stuff is already up for pre-order at several online stores but it's not certain that they'll reach regular bricks and mortar stores such as the major retailers the muppets used to be sold at.

darthvyn
05-27-2005, 07:08 PM
gotcha, thanks for the info...

is sweetums still available from omgcnfo.com? it looks to be, but i wasn't sure, due to inferences to your arrangement with roojay. or is it an "across the pond" thing?

Jargo
06-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Well frogscout leader Kermit is on sale now at Palisades direct. The Penguin 2-pack is an OMGCNFO eclusive and has been on pre-order a couple of times on their site in very limited quantities. but will actually be a con exclusive. Which con I can't remember but OMG will actually be at the con in person.

This leaves Rainbow connection kermit still to come and i believe3 that's happening next month at Palisades direct.

Thankfully i managed to snafu myself a Penguin or two because i happened to be checking out OMG at the right time. It looks like the penguins are a pretty hot item.They're both the same but having penguins in the line up or chorus line is cool. I guess just adding a hat or scarf will customise them enough to make them different.

Oh and Sweetums is indeed still available from OMG. along with their Animal exclusive and Uncle Deadly. Who as we know is a three paint. Regular with white ghost and skull. Steppin out with clear ghost and skull and flashback in all grey with glow in the dark ghost and skull.

Jargo
07-16-2005, 12:13 PM
First painted shots of Big Bird shown at SDCC are up and I have to say it doesn't look good. the head sculpt is amazing but the body is a one piece statue thing. one arm is molded to the body flat and the other is sticking out but also molded on so no articulation beyond the neck. it's going to be a tall figure, taller than Sweetums so why there's so little articulation is beyond me. it's also straight up and down with no neck bend as you'd expect from BB. and the wrong arm is pinned to the body. Don't know if there's any leg articulation at all but even if there is it's not going to help sell this to me. Needs some serious serious revisions to sculpt. Only accessory shown is Little Bird who also looks kinda strange. Close, but no cigar.

Jargo
07-17-2005, 08:39 PM
here's a pic of the big ol' bird looking dumbass. It's seriously in need of retooling as far as the body goes. They're gonna rotocast this and it seems such a waste to just have a one piece body. needs a bent neck so the head is angled to meet the eyeline of the other figures and that arm is on the wrong side and needs swapping over. it also needs to be articulated at the shouler and wrist so you at least have some way of posing the great big yellow lump.
I dunno how much they were thinking this would retail at but whatever it is it'll be too much unless they rethink this turkey.

Jargo
09-03-2005, 11:07 AM
well I got my Uncle Deadly figs and a gang o' penguins. which finishes off the Muppet line. All I need now is for Roojay to send me Sweetums in return for the Mega Camilla and Adventure Kermit I shipped over to him almost a year to the day ago. Though I don't hold out much hope of that. he hasn't been around and his inbox is full so I can't message him privately.

on a different note, I hear that the Boston Wizard World con will maybe have a preview Sesame street figure exclusive in an unpainted Oscar the Grouch. but tis just a rumour.

Palisades had the backdrop for Oscar - the exterior of Big birds nest area - repainted and it looks a heck of a lot better. And as the figures now won't be coming with pieces of the street it looks like the street will be sold as playset/diorama sets. maybe. nothing is solid on that score. personally if the sets are gonna be sold separately I'd like em to be bigger. more in scale. If they make the Big bird area bigger and then do the same with the 123 building and cut off the upper floor it'd make me really happy. Otherwise I'm not buying. The scale as is looks weirdly oddly bizarre. way too cheated and small. Oscar in his trash can against the backdrop of doors will dwarf the backdrop. and when you put that massive turkey Big bird next to it it's really gonna look crappy.Note that this pic is missing the basketball hoop.
Oscars area playset/diorama revamp (http://www.palisadestoys.com/Forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=1884)

Jayspawn
12-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Well I decided to dig this thread up from non-existance because I scored an Exclusive Sweetums figure off Ebay for really cheap. He's an awesome figure among the last figures that Palisades (now extinct) ever made. I think him and Uncle Deadly were the last. Anyways, Sweetums was one of my favorites growing up and when Palisades started the line I prayed for a Sweetums figure everynight and ended up not getting him until now.

DarthQuack
01-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Bump for Droid ;)

Droid
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I posted this in another thread, but:

I have always loved the Muppets.

And I admired the Palisades Muppets line whenever it was at retail. However, the choice early on to make major characters like Animal and Beaker only available in playsets and the fact that the only versions I first saw of Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Sam the Eagle, and Rowlf were in outfits or hairstyles that did not seem like the primary version of the character caused me not to get on board with this series. Then, I felt the line would end before they made all the characters I would want. And they never brought back the first characters for who missed them the first time.

That taken with the fact I was spending a lot on Star Wars caused me to pass on the line. I even held back on characters like Statler and Waldorf I could have bought just as stand alone figures because I felt it would lead to getting into the whole collection.

Then the line ended and characters like Jim Henson, Sweetums, Rainbow Connection Kermit, standard Rowlf, and standard Robin were exclusives. I thought I had made the right choice.

But years later, looking at the line as a whole, they made ever character I really would have wanted and the sculpts and outfits were good. I would like a few additions like Angus McGonagle, but I wouldn't be bothered by the absence of any figure like I will ultimately be about the Tonnikas in the Star Wars line. I went on ebay a few times thinking I might pick up a couple of Muppets figures, but was so astonished at the prices that I always begged off.

Now, even though there may be very good Muppets toys this year with the new movie, with Star Wars collecting so slow, I really felt drawn to these figures again. I do not believe there will ever be such complete, high quality toys of the Muppets as Palisades did.

So I have started collecting them. Things sure would have been cheaper if I had just bought them back in the day!

I have scored a few deals which helped kick the ball off. I found Uncle Deadly and Sweetums cheaper than they would have been during the line. And I am pursuing the figures like crazy on ebay, watching the auctions very carefully.

Though I know for some characters like Zoot or Rowlf I would really have to pay through the nose, my early goal is to pay on average $15 a figure (not counting gifts) and see how many figures I can pick up before the expense is such that I can probably only spring for a new figure every six months or so.

I am focusing on main characters from the actual Muppet Show in their primary outfits (not Clifford, Johnny Fiama, or Pepe).

So far I have RECEIVED Electronics Boutique Piggy (with long hair), Sweetums, website exclusive Animal (no playset), Crazy Harry, and Uncle Deadly (standard version).

I am absolutely amazed at the quality of these figures. They are not action figures. They are articulated statues. They are works of art. They parallel Gentle Giant in quality. To think they ever sold for $10 each is stunning.
I think looking at the scope of the line and the accessories that it may be the best toy line of all time. (And given my love of Star Wars figures that is saying a lot.)

I would sell quite a few, though not remotely all, of my Star Wars figures to afford more Muppets figures.

I intend to be in this for the long haul, spending the money I know it will take, slowly over time, looking for deals. I think it will be fun to spend 10 years enjoying the addition of a new Muppet to the shelf.

I like seeing the mix of different characters I currently have, supporting and main characters. If I had collected this line originally, I would have wanted to start with Kermit, Piggy, etc., but now I think it will be fun waiting to see how long it is before I get a Kermit. Right now, my shelf, kind of looks like a Muppets staff meeting as those who have gotten there, stand around waiting for the other arrivals.

I have won standard Fozzie, Lew Zealand, the Newsman, Beauregard, and Pops in auctions, but they haven't arrived yet. I have my fingers crossed on a few other auctions.

I don't care if I ultimately get the playsets, though the Backstage would be a dream. I know I likely have to get Muppet Labs to get a standard Beaker, though I would buy a loose figure if it looked good. I have always been an opener with all toys.

I know there is a thread about these figures, but it looked pretty inactive. I thought a new thread my get things going. I would love to hear people's thoughts on the Palisades line, what figures they have, and various reflections looking back. (Or tips to a latecomer.)

DarthQuack
01-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Fun thing....a guy I work with made the little posters on the side of the stairs on the backstage....he is a HUGE Muppets fan and got in on that line from the beginning and got to be good friends with someone at Palisades and did some graphic work for them. Pretty cool.

sebillba
01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
My other half is Muppet mad, and of course I love them too (who doesn't?!) so we decided to collect them from the start. Though being in the UK, only the first wave or two showed up at retail, after that most had to come from ebay, or from a little local collectors' shop, which is sadly no more. And thinking about it, I don't remember even seeing the first waves at TRU or any other regular toy stockists, they only seemed to be at record shops like Virgin or HMV, so never really hit mass retail over here.

They are indeed fantastic figures, highly detailed with spot-on likenesses, and plenty of cool accessories. Articulation is basic, but more than adequate. They really make a wonderfully colourful display, you cannot fail to be cheered by looking at them.

We have just about everything, including all the exclusives and playsets - unfortunately we don't have the space to display the playsets, which is a shame, as they are packed with detail and tons of little extras - but it's nice to know we have them if we ever do get more room. We didn't bother to get all the colour variants, though picked up some of them if they were cheap, or, in the case of Lips, we wanted all the different colours of the little tubular dancing creatures, and that was the only way to get them. So I think we ened up with most of the variants.

Of course, you need all the classic versions of the main characters, but some of the alternative outfits are even nicer, like the tuxedo versions (Fozzie comes with his ventriloquist puppet!) and reporter Kermit in his mac, which comes with the Koozebanes! Some of the other exclusives we have are Invisible Fozzie, Super Beaker (with interchangeable heads!), Giant Gonzo, Santa Swedish Chef, Indiana Jones Kermit (probably my favourite of all!), Jim Henson (picked that up on holiday in Canada), Treasure Island Gonzo & Rizzo, Vaudeville Stadtler & Waldorf....

There's a complete checklist here (http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2005/tms_figures.shtml) that you might find useful. Good luck with the collection, and enjoy!!

Droid
01-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Fun thing....a guy I work with made the little posters on the side of the stairs on the backstage....he is a HUGE Muppets fan and got in on that line from the beginning and got to be good friends with someone at Palisades and did some graphic work for them. Pretty cool.

That's cool. Though day to day it is probably a bit more mundane than I like to think it is, I always thought it would be cool to work at a toy company, particularly if you could suggest products.

Droid
01-21-2011, 05:38 PM
They are indeed fantastic figures, highly detailed with spot-on likenesses, and plenty of cool accessories.

I am amazed. I got the Newman and Pops I had won on ebay, and it was astounding to open them. Each one was like a little playset! On one hand it is annoying how much more value you get out of a Muppets figure than a Star Wars figure. On the other hand, I can see why Palisades went out of business!

I have now received the Beauregard, Newsman, Pop, and Zealand I had bought. I am thrilled with each of them.

I should get my Fozzie any day now.

I won Floyd Pepper last night at a decent price.

I am going to try to go slow on this collection, but am tempted to just go on a spending spree! I had originally planned to get as many main character figures as I could for $15 each or less and then slow down to a couple a year, but I now am so tempted to bid on any figure that I think is a good price even if it is expensive. (For example, I'd probably pay $50 for a classic outifit Zoot just because I know that would be a steal - I can't believe what Zoot goes for.)