PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Special

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 08:01 PM
I think George should release the Holiday Special on DVD along with next years Holiday Special figure.

Beast
12-09-2002, 08:06 PM
I think Lucas would rather buy up every possible copy and have a huge bonfire on the Skywalker ranch. He dispises the Holiday Special, because of how tacky it is. I think you'll have to stick to a bootleg copy. The Boba Fett cartoon is about the only redeeming thing in the whole special. Well, that and the cool Bantha ride on toy in Lumpy's room. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
12-09-2002, 08:15 PM
Lucas has been treating this thing like a wound with an old bandage, over time the bandage has slowly come off as more and more of us have seen the hideous wound that is the Star Wars Holiday Special, but this slow pulling only adds to the mystique of this abomination. Lucas should rip the proverbial bandage off all at once by getting it officially released on home video and get it over with.

QLD
12-09-2002, 09:50 PM
I downloaded the last half of it the other day. I will look for the other half. It was pretty good quality too.

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 10:14 PM
I know it's painful......but just think of what it could have been? If it would have been good, we could all be sitting around NBC on December 23 waiting for the 23 annual Star Wars Holiday special with your special guests....Christoper Lee as Count Dooku and the Backstreet Boys as the Death Star Dancers!!!!!:D

evenflow
12-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Sentinel18725
I think George should release the Holiday Special on DVD along with next years Holiday Special figure.

Hell Yeah. I totally agree. If Hasbro is going to make those stupid concept characters, I'd much rather get a Wookie family and Boba Fett with his Dragon.

Pendo
12-10-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I downloaded the last half of it the other day. I will look for the other half. It was pretty good quality too.

Pretty good quality? I hope you're talking about the quality of the movie, and not the Holiday Special itself :p!!!

I HATED:mad: the HS!!! I would still like it on DVD, but I'm not desperate for it. I'd only want it for a "being a Star Wars fan" purpose, not to watch it!

I think we'll get the original versions of the movies first before Lucas even considers the HS!!!

PENDO!

Mandalorian Candidat
12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Does anyone know if that Merry Christmas R2 song sung by a young Jon Bon Jovi is part of the HS or was only released on a separate album?

Beast
12-10-2002, 02:05 PM
None of the songs from the Christmas in the Stars album are from the Holiday Special. Thankfully, because atleast the Christmas in the Stars album is good. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
12-10-2002, 04:37 PM
It's just impossible to find it. :(

sith_killer_99
12-10-2002, 05:17 PM
the Backstreet Boys as the Death Star Dancers!!!!!

Finally, a though MORE frightening than the original Holiday Special.:eek:

Maybe we should all be thankful that it ended with it's first year!:dead:

QLD
12-10-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Pretty good quality? I hope you're talking about the quality of the movie, and not the Holiday Special itself :p!!!

PENDO!

No, no, no, no. I was definately talking about the quality of the video! Definately not the show itself!

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 08:31 AM
I love the Holiday Special! Every year on Christmass eve, the family sits down to watch our holiday marathon. We watch the Charlie Brown Christmass, How the Grinch Stole Christmass, and The Star Wars Holiday Special. We all snuggle up alongside the fire place and roast chestnuts and drink egg nog. After the Holiday Special I read my children the "Night Before Christmass" and tuck them into bed. It has become a family tradition. Of course I'm Joking, 'cause if it was real, instead of me reading them the "Night Before Christmass" after watching the Holiday special, they would beat me to death with a big candy cane and protest how they hate Star Wars and Chewbacca and his family could kiss their a**. Just a little parenting tip- Never show your kids the Holiday Sopecial until they are mature enough to handle it. It will ruin their perception of Star Wars forever.

Are we sure that's not just some cruel fan-film joke?

=MATT=

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Does anyone know if that Merry Christmas R2 song sung by a young Jon Bon Jovi is part of the HS or was only released on a separate album?

As far as I know it was only on that "Holiday in the Stars" (I think that's what it was called) album. Polygram reissued that a couple years ago...

James Boba Fettfield
12-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Boba Fett said "friend" too many times for my taste.

DTMAN
12-13-2002, 06:14 PM
Well, if Lucas actually thought about it, it could be turned.

How about: STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL-VERY SPECIAL EDITION.

He redoes it with new footage and CGI. Re-edited and remastered for THX quality. Hey, if there is no Clone Wars cartoon special, this could fill up the time.

It could shoot some new footage with actors from the prequels.

You can see Mace telling a Christmas story to young Jedi.

As in previous post mentioning Death Star Dancers, NSYNC as the Jedi Dancers.

Then, end it as a bad dream as Chewbacca waking up from a bad hangover.

Wouldn't you buy it? So, Lucas can finally remove this

It would be Star Wars meets Naked Gun. This would give Jar Jar something to do.

Oh, well. Just a thought.

Eternal Padawan
12-14-2002, 04:49 AM
Ahhhh, the Holiday Special.

Those who haven't seen it, want to see it.

Those who have seen it, wish they hadn't.

To those who've not seen it, doesn't it say something to you, that those who have seen it would rather dig their own eyes out with spoons than watch it again?

Run in the other direction!

Seriously...

stillakid
12-15-2002, 12:05 AM
Bea Arthur. As if that's not enough to keep you away, 2 hours of "wookie speak" should do it.

(I should be able to sue for those precious minutes of life I was cheated out of.)

DarthChuckMc
03-07-2003, 09:56 PM
for your viewing pleasure

DarthChuckMc
03-07-2003, 10:16 PM

The 'Xir
03-08-2003, 02:31 PM
There is a full version of the Cartoon floating around on KAZA to download! The version that I downloaded is pretty good! And it actually is pretty cool! You can even identify some of the same sound effects and soundbytes that are taken right from SW:ANH and used for the cartoon!
Now someone just needs to upload the full version of the HS for us all. So once and for all we can all bury our heads as we shrivel up and sink in our couches so we can then run screaming from our houses as Carrie Fischer first starts to sing! :D

DarthChuckMc
03-08-2003, 06:38 PM
I have the HS on DVD. The quality is actually pretty decent. If anyone has any info on how to set up a webpage that I could use to host such a site, LMK and I will get it on the web for everyone who wants it. Me personally, I don't care for Kazaa. It kills the memory on my PC, and most of the stuff listed on there is the same crap renamed over and over, or music files that are incomplete.

12inch Lando
03-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Sentinel18725

I own a quality bootleg of this show on video. Believe me when I tell you that i'd enjoy gouging my eye out with a spork more than watching this thing again.

scruffziller
08-30-2003, 02:56 PM
How about : STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL-VERY SPECIAL EDITION.

He redoes it with new footage and CGI. Re-edited and remastered for THX quality. Hey, if there is no Clone Wars cartoon special, this could fill up the time.

Yes absolutely. He has to because he has to put in those extra scenes with Santa Yoda(special fig now available on ebay:D). And rerelease, with future fig release of duel with the evil DOOKU CLAUSE!!!!!!!:crazed:

hamsterboy
08-30-2003, 03:54 PM
And Lucas still didn't learn his lesson after doing this. He had to go and do Howard the Duck,didn't he? :crazed: