PDA

View Full Version : News per Entertainment Earth

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 08:08 PM
According to Entertainment Earth, they have Teebo listed as well as an imperial trooper and a rebel trooper listed as coming out in, I believe Wave 9 or 10. Come on Hasbro, there aren't enough ewoks that you have to remake this one. Seriously!

Beast
12-09-2002, 08:13 PM
Do some searching of the forums, they are just re-issues of the POTJ figures so that people that didn't get them before would have a chance. Teebo and Eeth Koth are the same figures, from everything that has so far been announced. The Imperial "Officer" and Rebel Fleet Trooper will have the variant heads that were planned for POTJ. It's not hurting new figures being made, it's just an attempt to help people complete their collections. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sentinel18725
12-09-2002, 09:59 PM
My poor soul....I am a completist.......I must fight the urge to buy repackaged figures.......

As much as I hate Ewoks......there need to be more.

jjreason
12-09-2002, 10:17 PM
I agree, starting with new sculpts of the vintage ones that haven't been remade yet. 4 pack troop builder of Ewoks would get the job pretty close to done as far as I can figure. Romba, Warok, Chief Chirpa and Paploo. Throw in a mom and baby and you'll think Im a lotto winner.

Chiesa
12-10-2002, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
4 pack troop builder of Ewoks would get the job pretty close to done as far as I can figure. Romba, Warok, Chief Chirpa and Paploo. Throw in a mom and baby and you'll think Im a lotto winner.

That sounds like asking alittle too much of Hasbro aren't it? LOL

Cheers...
:D:D:D:D

evenflow
12-10-2002, 06:43 AM
I will not be buying them unless they are different head sculpts. As for Teebo, they should have made a different Ewoks. I am against re-releases anyway.

Jargo
12-10-2002, 08:47 AM
But Teebo is a superior sculpt that was short produced. The last wave of real POTJ. Let them re-issue him on a SAGA card, he's a great figure. I hope they re-issue more on SAGA cards like the hard to find last episode one wave and the freeze frame rarities. It might Pee some collectors off but Hasbro is a toy company out to make money after all not out to please carded collectors. If releasing figures on new cards means more people can complete a collection one way or the other isn't that a good thing?

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 08:58 AM
I still see nothing wrong with re-releasing figures. I think of it as a way Hasbro recognizing their distribution problem. Now if we could get them to re-release the last POTF2(Motti, Leia, R2) and Episode 1 waves(TC-14(?), R2-B1, etc.). I think re-releases are much better than having to fork over $20+ for some of these.

Teebo is going to look funny by himself in that huge Saga bubble. Maybe they can throw in a Paploo or Wicket rehash as an accessory.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 09:49 AM
It's just a shame that we have, what four ewoks and how many jawas?

DarthWitko
12-10-2002, 10:27 AM
Hey I am one for a Ewok troop builder set. I would love it though if they would just make 4 generic ewoks. That way you could recreate the battle for Endor and destroy the Scout trooper builder set with a bunch and crazed ewoks!!

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 11:47 AM
There are 5 Ewoks: Wicket/Logray, Teebo, Paploo(from AT-ST), and the Wicket repaint w/ hang glider from the Complete Galaxy.

I believe there are 4 different Jawas: POTF2 2-pack, 1 w/ Gonk (CTC) and one from the Ronto.

We do need more Ewoks (and a couple more Jawas wouldn't hurt either).

sith_killer_99
12-10-2002, 12:04 PM
A Jawa troop builder set!?!?:eek:

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
A Jawa troop builder set!?!?:eek:

Well, with the upcoming Sandcrawler, why not? They should at least give us an Accessory Pack with a couple Jawas and droids in it. Besides, it's been a few years since the last Jawa came out.

With the Sandtrooper Troop Builder set coming out, those guys need someone to slaughter.:crazed: Target practice anyone?:crazed: ;) :D

sith_killer_99
12-10-2002, 04:27 PM
I can deal with that I guess, with a few stipulations.

1. There should be 6 figures for the same price as the Sandtrooper set.

2. At least 2 of the Jawas should have blast marks and removable limbs.;)

I also think a nice "burning bodies" pile of Jawas would be cool. Throw in a C-3PO and R2-D2 and you have yourself a really nice set (ala ANH).:eek: ;)

Jargo
12-10-2002, 05:24 PM
Yes, those curious deflated dead Jawas that Threepio was tossing onto the barbeque. That would make a cool sandcrawler pack-in. Then another jawa 2-pack, one really really tiny jawa and that freaky tall one. Do jawas count as accessories? You could accessorise a new tatooine Anakin with a pointing jawa. Or how about a troop builder sety that had a couple of sacked out jawas huddled up knees bent like they were sat in a doorway or something. Then a pervy feeling up a landspeeder Jawa and finally a Jawa with a droid restraining bolt in his hand and a welding torch for attaching the bolt to R2.

As for Ewoks, There are just too many to mention so hasbro should do some generic ones and shove them out in a four pack and then get down to some more 2-packs, Romba and Warok, Lumat and Chirpa. Then there's Nikki with the cute little face all white and cuddly, and she could pack with an Ewok female holding a WOKLING! But most importantly of all there's the two Ewoks hit by stray laser fire. The one that dies and the one who goes back and starts crying. I think a whole screen scene depicting that moment is called for. Either that or the Ewok in the glider who gets shot down. Ewoks Ewoks Ewoks are what we need not sketchtroopers or bounty hunter re-issues. There's the ewok village, the catapult and glider, the dead thing on a stick and net trap, the Ewok spit roast, The Ewok litter to put Threepio on, There's even a whole host of Caravan of courage stuff they could do just to set things straight after all these years. Ewoks are cool, Ewoks are fierce fighting demons. Noble warriors at ground level. Imagine if they made a Gorax at the scale of 12" figures, that'd be wicked! A Gorax with a little cage to put Ewoks into. :D I'd buy that like a shot. I can't remember the name of the ship but the one that Cindel exscapes from Endor in, that was pretty funky, A Noa and Teeeeeeeeeek! 2-pack. HAHAHAHA! A whole series of Marauders all tall and skinny and skeletal looking. They were the bees knees they were. But back to Ewoks, I think hasbro has underestimated the power of the Ewok lovers brigade... Not as in Ewok love per se but - heck this is not going well...

um....

Army builders, generic, 2-packs, AHA! I think Wicket needs redoing so he doesn't look so cartoony. I liked the scale of the vintage Wicket better. This newer POTF one seems too bulky to me, too grinny and dumb looking. Wicket should look more like a dog and more like he's about to bite your ankles. Hasbro's Wicket looks like he's about to burst into a song from a Disney movie or something. Yes. More Ewoks and jawas please Hasbro.......

:happy:

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 05:46 PM
If a Massif can be an accessory to a Tusken Raider, and a Geonosian can be an accessory to a Massif, then Jawas and Ewoks could definately be accessories.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
I forgot about the ATST Ewok...if there are going to be jawas, there needs to be accessories galore.....how about a lemonade stand type table for them to do the money at....:greedy: