PDA

View Full Version : New Shuttle pic

Jargo
12-10-2002, 08:55 AM
Galactic Hunter (http://www.galactichunter.com/) has just posted a new pic of the FAO Shuttle exclusive in all its glory, new paint deco is dirty, there are more darker grey pieces and the cockpit canopy is indeed tinted black. A stunning looking vehicle if I say so myself. By the looks of the pic I'm glad I ordered one, expensive as it is. Hopefully more better quality pics will show up soon when they start hitting the grey market.

LTBasker
12-10-2002, 08:58 AM
Not bad, but still not enough to justify it's out-of-the-nose price. Glad they didn't leave it all white though.

jjreason
12-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Amazing looking, but I'll stand by my decision to protest this vehicle's marketing scheme by not buying one.

For now. It looks really great, though. Super job.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 09:45 AM
I wish I would have ordered one!

Jayspawn
12-10-2002, 10:12 AM
My oppinions stand with jjreason and LTBasker. It's waaayyy to $$$ and hard to get for that matter. The Imperial Shuttle is a great vehicle and every Collector as well as every kid thats into Star Wars should have an equal chance to get it.

But they won't with this vehicle.

Princess_Leila
12-10-2002, 10:22 AM
I'm sure it isn't sold out yet. This is the best looking SW collectible I have seen in my whole life. I really hope it comes in a window box. I'll go to NYC to pick it up in person. (I need an excuse to go there!)

Gorgeous! Simply gorgeous!

Darkross
12-10-2002, 10:24 AM
Nice looking vehicle...nice to see that the cockpit viewport is tinted...but the turrets on the wings are upside down. They are supposed to fold up when the ship is docked...not sticking straight out like the picture reveals...hopefully this is only a mock-up or a prototype of the actual ship and not the final version of the ship.

Either way...it's a nice looking ship and someday I will get one.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2002, 10:33 AM
It looks a lot better than the vintage version, but I cannot justify the price tag on this one... at least not for MY income level.

Prince Xizor
12-10-2002, 10:37 AM
I didn't order one online, but it looks damn good. If I run into it in Boston, I don't think I could help myself.

stillakid
12-10-2002, 11:00 AM
While the "dirty look" has always been the most interesting part of the OT films and toys, is it really necessary on the Shuttle? I know that many of the video games have pitted these things in battle, but even so, the ship was conceived with a certain "graceful" quality in mind. Now I suppose you could go shoot Womprats through Beggar's Canyon with this thing, but how else would you manage to get one dirty?

Nope. Still not worth the huge price tag. It's only the biggest ship they've made because it has a tall, thin piece of plastic sticking up over the rest of the thing. The Gunship has more "weight" to it and the Falcon is still the most versatile ship/playset they've made.

It's still a $40 ship anyway you slice it.

fourtwo
12-10-2002, 11:00 AM
alright, who's buying me one?
no one?
damn.

what a waste that thing is. i'm glad i don't *have* to have one.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2002, 11:42 AM
I agree with stillakid about it being a $40 ship. I feel the Falcon and the Royal Starship are two of the best "BIG" ships they've made. The infared mechanism in the R.S. made it worth my while... LOVED THAT!

Beast
12-10-2002, 11:46 AM
Wow, looks very very nice. Glad someone finally was able to snag a decent picture of the new Shuttle. I don't mind the weathering, as it looks well done. Plus I believe the ship is being marketed as the Shuttle Tyderium, not the Emperor's Shuttle. The one that the Rebels take to Endor should look a bit less fresh. Can't wait to get mine. While the price is a bit high, thats mostly due to inflation and FAO being the one with the ship. Had Wal-Mart gotten the ship, it would have likely only been around $80.00. Which is more equal to the vintage price. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nataku
12-10-2002, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
It's still a $40 ship anyway you slice it.

Just like the Faamba ahould have been a $25 deluxe beast like the Rancor or Bantha.

Thanks again to FAO and their "Let's charge 2-3 times what everyone else would charge" attitude!

I hate FAO's attitude that they are above the average toy store and that you're "paying for the name" instead of just the item.

So TRU was never featured in a major movie like FAO, big deal!

Everytime I go to the Mall of America's FAO store, I laugh. $10 for Saga figures??? Are they nuts? Everything there is 2-3 times higher than it should be.

Let's hope there are enough shuttles so they end up marked down to 50%-75% off like the Faambas. For $30 or $60, it'd be a good deal.

Jeff

Princess_Leila
12-10-2002, 12:39 PM
I was comparing the image to the one in the sw.com databank, and it IS way too dirty. Also, why are the sides painted that dark bleu-grey? Maybe the shuttle that the rebels stole was slightly different...

If it comes in a window box, then I will have the possibility to choose a cleaner one. Did that with the AT-AT, and I'm very happy with mine. At 120$, you gotta mak sure you're getting a nice one!

Jargo
12-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Well, while i can appreciate people's reasons for not getting one i felt that as I'd wanted one for so lonfg it would be worth paying the extra to get one. It won't be around long so there's no use waiting for it to hit clearance. Besides which, i pay over the odds for most stuff anyway so it's not really any different to any other product for me.
The way I look at it is that a vintage one costs somewhere in the region of 400 - 600 dollars so getting one for much less is better than a kick in the teeth and more in my price range.

That said, The blue coloring is I think something to do with how the image was treated in someone's computer not how the paint actually looks. It's probably a blueish gray really. Also someone said a while back that the wing guns are something you click into place youself when assembling the vehicle properly out of package so those are easy to remedy. The dirt effect on this painted promo sample is probably heavier than we'll get. And as JJB said the rebels didn't really take good care of a stolen ship anyway.

One thing i am anxious to see is the interior, i realise that hasbro may not have retooled that part but i just wonder what they've done as far as deco goes.

OC47150
12-10-2002, 03:19 PM
The shuttle is my Christmas present to myself this year. I still can't decide if I want to take it out of the box or not.

As Jargo said, I've seen the original for sale with the box in excess of $250 at different shows and the flea market.

Darth Annexis
12-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Amazing looking, but I'll stand by my decision to protest this vehicle's marketing scheme by not buying one.

For now. It looks really great, though. Super job.

C'mon...don't protest by not buying the item...If you want one you have to buy one...by not buying one the only thing you are doing is not getting it...How will Hasbro know?

Write them a letter, they'll write back..but it makes no difference.

Besides, by not buying one now...you leave more for Fn scalpers!!!

Beast
12-10-2002, 05:23 PM
Besides, as was said above it will cost you even more to buy a vintage one from someone. So if you want one, you may as well get a new one. Plus it supports the Star Wars line, and makes Hasbro consider other ships to do. I doubt they will ever give FAO another exclusive after this one anyway. After they pulled so much crap on both the fans and Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
12-10-2002, 05:30 PM
Oh Great! Another thread on this toy.:rolleyes:

Like I've stated before, many times, I am not buying this thing! Especially at that price from FAO.

If you ever hope to sway me on this topic, please answer a very simple question for me. Since Hasbro's website keeps us somewhat up-to-date on new figures and vehicles, why have they made no mention of this exclusive? Was the Faamba this secretive? I don't remember that being the case.

When it is all finished, this will probably be like the Toy Fair Vader. There's a heck of a lot more of them than they told us about. FAO's handling of this situation is just crap!!!
:mad:

Beast
12-10-2002, 05:35 PM
Hasbro's website typically never announces or hypes exclusives. Only very rarely will that happen, because Hasbro leaves that sort of thing up to the store carrying it.

And yes, the Faamba and exclusives back in the 90's were very very hush hush. Most of the time you wouldn't even get word of them, until a few months before they would come out.

As for the Toy Fair Vader, hasbro never announced exact numbers. But the estimate for the U.S. is 5,000 figures. That doesn't include the ones made for giveaways in foreign countries though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
12-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Besides, as was said above it will cost you even more to buy a vintage one from someone. So if you want one, you may as well get a new one. Plus it supports the Star Wars line, and makes Hasbro consider other ships to do. I doubt they will ever give FAO another exclusive after this one anyway. After they pulled so much crap on both the fans and Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I agree that buying this item may compel Habro to make more ships of this caliber but I can't justify supporting FAO's Scrooge like ways.

Also, it's been a widely know fact that vintage items fall in price after the release of their present counterparts. I may just wait and buy a vintage one for around the same price. That way it can be any Imp. Shuttle I want it to be.:)

Jedi Master Silas
12-10-2002, 05:49 PM
I was going to wait and see if they went of clearance like some of the FAO exclusives had in the past. If they are only making a limited number and are actually going to stick to there word about the production run I might think about buying one but even with that thought in mind it doesnt make me want to run out and order one right now.

Darth Annexis
12-10-2002, 05:58 PM
Don't Delay....Act NOW!

Wolfwood319
12-10-2002, 06:02 PM
There's no way this thing is worth $100. I've seen the vintage one, and I wasn't all that impressed with its size. Maybe if it was scale size, and came with some cool pack-in figures, it'd be worth $100. Stillakid is right, its a $40 vehicle no matter how the chips fall. FAO was the only store that would take this thing, and they can charge whatever they want for it, because they know people will pay extraordinary prices for it.

People get angry over what scalpers charge for items, yet they're fine when stores do it. Go figure...

Darth Annexis
12-10-2002, 06:27 PM
Well, I had 2 Vintage ones...kept the best of the two for a year then sold it once I heard the new one was to be released...then I bought two. To me, since I had the vintage one, I was impressed with it's size...although it is not "to scale" it is impressive and now that it's new...the wings will probably work better. Either way I have one to display and one to hold onto for the next twenty years...just to see it it is worth as much as it predicessor was in the box...$600.00?

SplFrcsCWO
12-10-2002, 06:37 PM
I've got a choice this Xmas- a transferrable StG44 or Star Wars goodies. I've got room in the safe for the StG but not much for a big ship and other goodies. The StG wins!

LTBasker
12-10-2002, 06:55 PM
True... Hasbro may not realize you're protesting by not buying the item due to the fact that theres likely someone else with an itch in their wallet. However, you will not have shelled out an arm and a leg for a piece that is inferior to several cheaper products, and who would've caused to shell out? FAO, because of their endless greed. Well I say forget them, if I want a shuttle then I'll find a way. The more FAO Shuttles that are bought, then the more superior vintage ones will go down in price because people will be swayed over the "FAO is cheaper than eBay" excuse.

Tycho
12-10-2002, 06:56 PM
I kept my vintage one, clean and mint, for the Emperor's use.

I ordered the new one. No I'm not happy about the price, but with the limited quantity, I too was worried that if I didn't order it, they'd run out.

I'm still getting FAO catalogs now that I'm on their mailing list (groan).

The ship is still being advertised. IT IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR ORDER NOW!

It'll be worse if you try and get it on E-bay or drive out of town to an FAO and find them out of stock.

Anyway, mine's to hang from the ceiling with Han and Chewie flying it "casual." Maybe I'll add some Endor Rebel troopers to it and get them out of Wal*Mart!

Turbowars
12-10-2002, 08:21 PM
I have got a FAO catalog every week for about 4 months now and the Shuttle has only been it it once and that was 4 months ago.

Banthaholic
12-10-2002, 11:10 PM
I've received 4 or 5 FAO catalogs, too. The $120 price tag is starting to show up. ($80 toy + 6 shipments of a $5 catalog)

BTW those prices in the catalog make me laugh. Does anyone know what the price ofa figure at FAO is? I'm not sure although on my last trip to the Mall Of America we stopped in the FAO for a good laugh and all of the figures didn't have a price tag. I suppose that's a good way to trick people.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-10-2002, 11:45 PM
The Shuttle from FAO??!? Why does this sound familiar?!??

OH yeah, cause I ordered it months ago and expected to be drooling over it now?!!?!?? Pshaw!!! Freakin' FAO!!!!! My bro ordered one from the Chicago FAO for me. I told him when they start making the phone calls, he's calling in sick to work till he gets it. tehehheehehehe I can't wait!! :D

Hellboy
12-11-2002, 08:00 PM
For those who are interested in purchasing this item through FAO I ordered my shuttles today on the website and it says they're backordered. I contacted their customer service to find out if my order would be met because of the limited # produced and they told me they still have just under 300 left and it's due to ship on Jan. 10th.

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Banthaholic

Does anyone know what the price ofa figure at FAO is?
There are very low and reasonable $10.00. WOW I only wish there was one by me. I love paying more than double for my figures.

Dark Lord Kakorotto
12-15-2002, 05:09 PM
It is beautiful. too bad it si delayed or I'd have it for Christmas!

187-Maul
12-23-2002, 03:41 PM
if anybody's interested, toy-palace.de posted some new loose pics of the shuttle, including a cockpit view
the pic is too big to link to, so just visit the site, you should see it in the news www.toy-palace.de

Jargo
12-23-2002, 04:40 PM
http://www.toy-palace.com/images/Shop/81530.jpg

try that link on for size. :) straight to the lovely shiney pictures.

I am so in love with this vehicle now. that tinted cockpit canopy is so darned sexy! I can imagine some drum and bass thumping out on the holonet while the pilots chil out with their bootylicious babes, just cruisin' and flyin' casual like, tippin' the Emperor in his throne room tower a wing waggle flypast. Shootin' off a few rounds of laser fire into deep space just to impress the ladees...
It's like the limousine of the the star wars galaxy really.

This west end games plan of the shuttle interior makes me laugh since they included the toilet facilities, 'Head', what a quaint way of putting it...

LTBasker
12-23-2002, 04:49 PM
Um... so does the passenger area open or not?? It's not advterised on the box nor is there any mention of it, so would that be another feature they subtracted?

stillakid
12-23-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
http://www.toy-palace.com/images/Shop/81530.jpg

try that link on for size. :) straight to the lovely shiney pictures.

I am so in love with this vehicle now. that tinted cockpit canopy is so darned sexy! I can imagine some drum and bass thumping out on the holonet while the pilots chil out with their bootylicious babes, just cruisin' and flyin' casual like, tippin' the Emperor in his throne room tower a wing waggle flypast. Shootin' off a few rounds of laser fire into deep space just to impress the ladees...
It's like the limousine of the the star wars galaxy really.

This west end games plan of the shuttle interior makes me laugh since they included the toilet facilities, 'Head', what a quaint way of putting it...

God bless it. Why'd you have to go post those pics. Now I want one! :greedy:

Jargo
12-23-2002, 07:36 PM
LTB, from the pics posted in the auction the other day that Steve has in the collectors database here, it shows the removable passenger area side panel is still removable, you can see the panel lines, so there's no worries about ferrying rebel troops or Imperials around. No pictures of the interior of the passenger hold though. For the price we're paying I expect there to be a toilet head added and red velor seating and a holovid screen for in flight entertainment. That's the very least of my absurd expectations.

Actually I probably won't open the hold at all. I'll be too busy flying the thing casual fashion round the room. :happy:

Anyone who has the vintage one care to pass on the dimensions,like front to back depth and height? I'm just crious about how big the box is going to be coming through the mail. The postman is going to really hate me.

Turbowars
12-23-2002, 08:02 PM

Actually I probably won't open the hold at all. I'll be too busy flying the thing casual fashion round the room. :happy:

LOL EJ, I just has a vision of you flying the ship casual around your room. Scary, but funny at the same time :crazed:

stillakid
12-23-2002, 09:46 PM

Anyone who has the vintage one care to pass on the dimensions,like front to back depth and height? I'm just crious about how big the box is going to be coming through the mail. The postman is going to really hate me.

20" stem to stern

20 3/4" landing gear (down) to top of main sail

11 3/4" wide (wings folded up)

I'd measure the original box for you, but I've got it buried in storage at the moment. Sorry.

Turbowars
12-23-2002, 09:51 PM
Well go get it out of storage dude! I know you don't have anything better to do, LOL JK.:crazed:

LTBasker
12-25-2002, 09:28 PM
Just as suspected, nothing new done to the interior.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/shuttle-inside.jpg