PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jabba the Hut?

Wampa
12-10-2002, 11:21 AM
Good day. I am a new user to this site. I want to know if anybody has heard of any rumors flying around regarding the creation of a 12" Jabba the Hut?

Cheers

Clowntrooper
12-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Hello,
We're waiting for him to long...but there was a maquette that fits.

Ook
12-10-2002, 07:37 PM
"Clowntrooper", huh?

You need a pic in your sig of thousands of heavily armed clowns issuing from a tiny, little car. :)

gtrain29
12-10-2002, 07:59 PM
I wish they would make a 12" scale jabba. Hopefully for much less than the maquette, too.

Wampa
12-10-2002, 08:26 PM
I recently received a Dewback & Sandtrooper combo pack. When I took the beast out, I thought the colors could be close to what a production Jabba might look like. Maybe a little darker yellow hue though. Obviously, by the release of the Dewback, Hasbro is very capable of creating a large realistic creature like Jabba, even down to the rubber type material for the skin. Maybe some day.

mini-rock
12-10-2002, 08:58 PM
Personally I haven't heard anything regarding rumors, but Jabba seems to be a piece alot of collectors want. :D

IG65
12-11-2002, 12:57 PM
I've been trying to score a maquette at a reasonable price for quite a while, so I can set up a 12" Jabba's throne room scene. I'm sure that as soon as I finally find one Hasbro will release a much cheaper 12" version :rolleyes:

gtrain29
12-11-2002, 06:09 PM
Hasbro really hasn't done much with the Jabba's palace crowd as far as the 12" scale is concerned.

Maybe with rumors of a 12" lando skiff and gam. guard, Jabba and more of his cronies will follow. That'd be cool if they made him with salacious or Oola or both!

Well, we can always hope

Hellboy
12-12-2002, 12:54 AM
I can see it now:
FAO Schwartz EXCLUSIVE 12" scale Jabba the Hutt only $150 :crazed:

BTW mini-rock I'm diggin the avatar :cool:

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 02:06 PM
I have a feeling that Hasbro doesn't want to make it, because how crappy the 12" dewback sold. In my area it went down as low as $19.99 and I paid $79.99. What a slap in the face. One good thing though, is theres rumors about a 12" Max Rebo band in the works

abell748
12-17-2002, 04:01 PM
I think if FAblOw had it, the price would be more like $250. I wouldn't mind having one though if they made it.

gtrain29
12-17-2002, 05:56 PM
I think there would be a lot more people willing to buy a 12" scale jabba for $80 bucks than a crappy looking dewback with the third version of a 12" sandtrooper.
It might require too much work or creativity for hasbro, though, since they seem more interested in rehashing previously released figures.

Jayspawn
12-21-2002, 02:14 PM
I would really like to see a 12" Jabba the Hutt. I'd drop $80 to get a good one.

It would be a nightmare of FAO got it.

Exhaust Port
12-21-2002, 03:02 PM
If FAO got it all we would have to do is wait a year and they would be practically giving them away similar to their X-wing Pilot 2-pack.

Jaff
01-04-2003, 10:35 AM
I love 12" figs terribly, and the thought of a Jabba would be like a dream come true. However the size of Jabba would have to be two sizes of the 12" Dewback in order to accommodate a slave leia, and that would still be not to scale. He would have to be at least 4 to 6 feet to be right. Hasbro would have to commit allot of capital to push this fig into production, and would have to charge allot more than $100. Turbowars was right when he said the Dewback was a fiscal failure, therefore I'm betting that we will never see a Jabba except in our dreams.

Banthaholic
01-04-2003, 11:39 AM
As mush as I would like to see a 12" Jabba and would buy it in a heartbeat, I'd have to think that is Hasbro can;t even give us a 3 3/4 ROTJ Jabba, a 12" is long off.
Although it would be good to be wrong...

Turbowars
01-05-2003, 12:45 PM
It should be a pre-order type of thing. Hasbro could give it to TRU and have them sell it as a pre-order item and have it understood to us that in order for this to be produced, they have to sell 5,000 units, or what ever.

derek
01-05-2003, 12:55 PM
i've always thought the pre-order would be a good idea to get numerous larger items made. and a retailer wouldn't have to pre-sell all of them, just at least half, that way some would be available at their retail stores. but i sure would pre-pay for an electronic 12 inch jabba the hut on his throne or a 12 inch scale snowspeeder.:)

mini-rock
01-05-2003, 10:58 PM
I'm with you derek. I pre-order most of my figs anyway, and I don't care how much a 12"Jabba cost as long as it looked good.:)

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 11:59 AM
I only have three 12 inch figures, just not my taste for collecting, but I would certainly buy a 12 inch Jabba

evenflow
01-08-2003, 07:13 AM
There was that one rumor a while ago when the 12 inch Dewback came out. I woul dpersonally love a 12 inch Jabba, as well as a regular version.

Turbowars
06-08-2003, 01:29 PM
Now that the Gam Guard has shown up, I don't think Hasbro could make us happy with a 12" Jabba. I mean the Guard is huge and Jabba is way bigger than the little pigies. I would drop 100-200 on a jabba as long as it looks good as Mini-Rock said and comes with the throne and much more. Or sell some of parts wit other Palace figures.

jedi master sal
06-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Or sell some of parts wit other Palace figures.

Now that's the way to do business!

Just like they did with the Clonetrooper Pilots in the 3 3/4 scale. You had to buy two of them to get the "Gunner Stations" that arre part of the Gunship. Having specific parts sold with Jabba's Throne room patrons would ensure that people would buy not just Jabba but all of the others as well. That's if they wanted a complete set! I can see a 12 inch Jabba easily being worth $150. I'd like to see him come with his flat bed throne and the "froggy"chamber thingy.... (sorry I can't recall what the real name of that is right now (3 hours sleep)) Anyway, along with those two pieces a Salicious Crumb would be anotehr great pack-in.

Now for other Jabba folk:

Oola (Maybe she could be with Salicious just like the action figure)
Ree Yees
Max Rebo Band (At least the original three (Max Rebo, Sy Snootles and Droopy McCool, then maybe Joh Yowza and the others)
Weequay! Yes that would be awesome!
Jabba's Skiff Guards (Just like the action figure Three pack!
PLEASE RE-Issue Bib Fortuna!!!!!!!!
Saelt Marie (Yak Face)
Amanaman. (Oh maybe that's asking too much there....)
and many others....

There are so many that Hasbro could easily keep the 12 inch line going for the complete 15 years that they just sign the contract for, to keep the line!