PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Vader

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 12:23 PM
This has been the most irritating toy of all of the SW line. I thought it was a Toy Fair exclusive, then I thought they had sold all of them at the Fan Club! Now I hear that they are being offered in France? For the 150+ pricetag that they are selling online for, I might as well get a ticket to France, buy a french dictionary and find this place to get one.

Let's make figures just a little harder to get ahold off Hasbro!:frus:

sith_killer_99
12-10-2002, 12:26 PM
It was still easier to get than the US version Freeze Frame Weequay...and that was part of the regular line.:rolleyes:

manji
12-10-2002, 12:35 PM
Does this place in France have an online store? How much are they going for?

sicqnus
12-10-2002, 12:54 PM
Maybe I should give some infos.

The ToyFair Vader will be offered in several Toystores like Toys'R'Us or "La Grande Récré". You just have to buy a Slave One and clame your figure.
The Jorg Sacul figure is beeing offered for a buying of €30 (equal to $30) of Hasbro SW stuff. This promo exists in the Toys'R'Us "Parinor" and "Les Quatre Temps" in Paris.
Another offer : The R2-D2 silver anniversary will be offered for a purchase in a few "La Grande Récré" stores for a purchase of SW items (no amount yet).

Cool deals.
I also want to say these figures are not rare at all : 70000 ex/prod for the R2 "chrome", 25000/30000 for the Sacul and more than 17000 ex/prod for the Vader...
And for business reasons, this have not been revealed but it seems Hasbro has made more figures than they previously said. Same thing for the Imperial Shuttle. We will have it in stores in Europe too.

For comparison, the German 2001 "Jedi-Con" C-3PO had a very low production : only 2000 units worldwide were made.

manji
12-10-2002, 04:23 PM
Sooooo, do they have a website where I could order the Slave I, and thus receive the Vader? Or is there anyone in France willing to help out a fellow collector stateside who's down on his luck? Please!?

LTBasker
12-10-2002, 08:13 PM
Hopefully they'll show up a little more on ebay and force the price lower. I just wonder though, is it the same datestamp and such or is it different, and tri-logo?

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 08:30 PM
I went to the La grande website and couldn't find anything Star Wars related. Granted I don't speak French, I could decipher most of the headers...and no such luck....

Turbowars
12-10-2002, 08:50 PM
I don't know about the US FF Weequay being easier to find. I bought my Weequay for $300+ and I bought my TF Vader for only $14.99. Big difference.

FishEyedLouie
12-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Turbowars, I am a fellow collector in the S.F. Valley and leads on me purchasing one for anything remotely close to what you paid for yours?

Darth Cruel
12-11-2002, 12:37 AM
It is nice to hear that these figures will be a little more available than they were before.

sith_killer_99
12-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Turbowars, I think you misunderstood.

I was saying that it (toyfair Vader) was easier to find than the US FF Weequay. As evidenced by the HUGE price difference. I don't think the TF Vader EVER reached a $300.00 price tag.

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 08:30 AM
I hope that churn out a million of 'em. I never got one, and would like to see the price of the Vader drop on the secondary market. I love this figure, just wish I had one :( Someday he will be mine, some day....

=MATT=

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 09:20 AM
MrMiller, I know what ya mean, I didn't care much about the Vader except that it was just an ok looking figure. After getting the TRU R2 though, I really want to get the Vader to go with it, and them to make a Stormtrooper and 3PO like this.

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
, and them to make a Stormtrooper and 3PO like this.

That would be cool to do a series of all the main Star Wars (ANH) characters cast in silver. Just do silver casts of all the previous released figures, and put them on new backer cards- but make them free promos! Mail-aways or something. Then I could use these "Jedi Points" for something. I wouldn't even mind seeing the "human" characters cast this way, but would definately want a 3PO and StormTrooper or maybe a Boba Fett. Or how cool would it be to just do one form each move, on a movie specific card? Like a Stormtrooper for ANH, Snowtrooper for ESB, Biker Scout for ROTJ, Battle Droid for TPM, and Clone Trooper for ATOC.

=MATT=

Hellboy
12-11-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

I was saying that it (toyfair Vader) was easier to find than the US FF Weequay. As evidenced by the HUGE price difference. I don't think the TF Vader EVER reached a $300.00 price tag.

I think the only reason the Toy Fair Vader appeared easier to find is due to the fact that people were actually looking for this figure and were talking about it in forums such as these. The FF Weequay which was simply a card variation of a previously released figure had little fan interest at the time it was released. Weequay gradually increased in value over a long period of time and has been out for over 5 years. The fact that Vader is going for around half that in less than a year shows the popularity of this figure and it could reach Weequay's price tag in the future, but only time will tell. So to compare the $ value of these 2 figures as evidence that one was easier to find than the other is not very valid.

sith_killer_99
12-11-2002, 09:38 PM
I would respectfully disagree.

For one thing the FF Weequay shipped in March of 1998 and I started pricing US carded FF Weequays back in April/May of 1999 and he was selling for $200.00 plus back then.

Also the FF Weequay did not ship with a full wave. Most cases (Assortment #69705.29) shipped with 2 FF Sandtroopers whereas a much smaller number of the same assortment number, were shipped with 1 FF Weequay and 1 FF AT-ST Driver.

But don't take my word for it. Here is the list of assortments:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3053

EricRG
12-12-2002, 01:27 AM
I'm also for making a million of the Vaders. I don't have one, but want one. Not too concerned with what price people SCALP them for on e-bay.

jpak001
12-14-2002, 03:10 PM
TF Vader:
Man.... Wish I could've scored one for $15. I ended up trading a butload of toys for one.... That's ok though, I really wanted this fig (I collect everything Vader), and am still happy that I even have one! BTW: I actually saw one go for a little over $300 on ebay once (this was in it's height of popularity).

I also remember a posting here a little while back saying TF Vaders showed up at TRU's in Spain with a $40 price tag.

Originally posted by sicqnus
I also want to say these figures are not rare at all : 70000 ex/prod for the R2 "chrome", 25000/30000 for the Sacul and more than 17000 ex/prod for the Vader...
hmmmm.. I seem to remember a news FAQ here once that said the TF Vader was the lowest prod run modern SW fig yet (like 5000 units). Anyone know which # is more acurate?

Freeze frame Weequay:
Don't care at all about this package variation. I know it's a very popular fig for variation collectors though....

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99

I was saying that it (toyfair Vader) was easier to find than the US FF Weequay. As evidenced by the HUGE price difference. I don't think the TF Vader EVER reached a $300.00 price tag. Yeah, I just read your post wrong.;)

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by jpak001

Freeze frame Weequay:
Don't care at all about this package variation. I know it's a very popular fig for variation collectors though.... I care about it, because it only completes one of the best carded collections Kenner ever gave us. The FF line was and still is my favorite.

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by FishEyedLouie
Turbowars, I am a fellow collector in the S.F. Valley and leads on me purchasing one for anything remotely close to what you paid for yours? Hey Louie, I got mine from the FanClub. I was just lucky. Hey do you still want my Dex with insert? I found a Destryer droid, so I'll let it go cheap.

jpak001
12-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
I care about it, because it only completes one of the best carded collections Kenner ever gave us. The FF line was and still is my favorite.

Hey turbowars, I hope you don't think I was taking some sort of jab at you. I was just stating my opinion, and as a fellow collector, I totally respect yours.

No offense meant. :)

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
Hey turbowars, I hope you don't think I was taking some sort of jab at you. I was just stating my opinion, and as a fellow collector, I totally respect yours.

No offense meant. :) No not at all;) I was just stating mine. No offense taken or given;) I just need to use smillies more.

sith_killer_99
12-15-2002, 10:08 AM
Technically the TF Vader is just a paint variation on a card variation.;)

Isn't this the same Vader that came with the Final Duel Cinema Scene?:crazed:

jpak001
12-15-2002, 02:07 PM
Yep, it is. Even though I don't usually go for variations, I really like this one (it IS Vader after all)! :D