PDA

View Full Version : Washington State -- Seattle/Tacoma

Dr Zoltar
12-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Looks like the Puyallup/South Hill Wal-Mart has just put out the Clone Pilot wave of figures as of this morning. No Ephant Mon or Jedi Counsel Yoda yet, but everthing else seems to be there. Including the Christmas C-3P0 and R2-D2 and the newest 12" figures.

I plan on stopping by the Federal Way Target and Wal-Mart today to see what they've restocked on.

Dr Zoltar
12-15-2002, 06:12 PM
Here's a few more finds in the past couple of days:

Federal Way: TRU had the new wave of Counsel Chair Yoda and Detroyer Droid in stock. An employee told me he had seen Ephant Mon at the Target across the parking lot, but when I checked there were no single carded figures on the shelves. Pleanty of all 4 Target exclusive accessory packs though. And at least 6 Arena playsets.

Puyallup: Both Target and Wal-Mart's shelves were looking bare again. Walmart did get in the 2 new MM Snowspeeder and AT-AT. No Trash Compactor scenes nor any more Christmas R2-D2 and C-3PO's yet.

Spanaway: Wal-Mart had the best sign of getting in those elusive Trash Compactor scenes. There was signage on the shelves stating where they were to be placed, but the shelf was empty. They did still have a few of the Cantina Wal-Mart exclusive figures in from the first set.

I hope someone finds the above info useful...

Dr Zoltar
01-03-2003, 06:01 PM
The Target in Federal Way now has the Arena Playset for $19.44. And those micro playsets that are on the same blue cards as the regular figures are on clearance for $2.99. Across the parking lot at Toys R Us had the new Destroyer Droid and Yoda wave in. They will also price match with Target (which is what I did for the Arena Playset) but you may have to be insistent with the employees that Target does indeed have the playsets for such a low price.

Dr Zoltar
01-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Well, I hope that someone is reading this and finding the info useful...

Wal-Mart -- Puyallup: The new Trash Compactor sets are now it. There were a total of 3 sets this morning (at least until I bought one) but no Tie-Bombers or Ephant Mon yet. Also, keep an eye out for the bird flying loose in the store.

TRU -- Federal Way: Has the new clean Endor Rebel Soldier in stock, but no Ephant Mon. Man, I can't wait to see Fan's Choice #3 in person.

Target -- Anywhere: Don't waste your time. They have nothing except tons of the exclusive assessory packs and plastic Light Sabers.

Please post if anyone finds this info useful.

hukilu
01-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Puyallup/South Hill

On Tuesday the TIE Bombers hit Wal-Mart at $28.95. There was still a few left yesterday.

No new figs anywhere yet.

Last week in Renton/Fed Way area the new 12" hit Targets so keep a close eye out (although I heard that they were terrible sculpts)

Dr Zoltar
01-16-2003, 02:06 PM
Glad to see another Star Wars collector in the South Hill area. Since I live only 5 minutes from the Wal-Mart on Meridian I try to check in on them twice a week. Didn't see any Tie Bombers when I was there picking up the Trash Compactor scenes, but I did find the last one at the Fed Way store.

Every so often I check the Wal-Marts in Auburn and Spanaway, but they don't seem to have much yet.

I've been disappointed with the stock at the TRU as the South Hill mall as well.

Have you seen any Ackley's (sp?) beasts around lately?

hukilu
01-16-2003, 03:16 PM
Hey Dr. Zoltar,

I know of 4 or 5 huge Star Wars Collectors on South Hill alone. In which all of them (including myself) are completist of 3 3/4 and most 12".

I haven't seen an Acklay since the last time WalMart had them. I want to say that was around late summer.

You might have to try a speciality shop like

www.toystable.com

in Spanaway.

Lynne's pretty great and she will take your name down if she doesnt have it and keep an eye out for you.

Dr Zoltar
01-16-2003, 03:34 PM
Cool. I've been to Toy Stable once and was blown away. It's a great little place that not a lot of people know about. I saw an exclusive figure there in August and if it's still in stock was going to pick it up sometime in the next 2 months. Had to save my pennies since it had a somewhat hefty price tag.

Is there anything you want me to keep an eye out for you? I work in Fed Way and sometimes visit the Wal-Mart, TRU, Target center on my lunch break in hopes of finding something.

hukilu
01-16-2003, 04:17 PM
yeah Lynne has a great place! I managed to pick up a couple of Jorg Saculs at Celebration in May. Cool fig though.

I'm up to date right now as far as the 3 3/4 line goes. But once the new figs and new speeders and deluxe figs start hitting. I'll be in touch.

Dr Zoltar
01-17-2003, 11:22 AM
OK, well I'm going to take this opportunity to be a braggart. I went to the Target at South Hill mall and found a Republic Gunship for $9.87! Someone had stashed it over on the Lego aisle -- I'm not sure if it was an attempt to hide it as it was pretty big next to the Lego boxes it was laying against. It didn't have a clearance tag, but the aisle scanner confirmed it was under $10. I'm glad I waited. Now I have the "set" -- The Arena playset and gunship for a total of just under $30!

hukilu
01-20-2003, 01:54 PM
That is a pretty sweet find. I would love to have another gunship for 10 bones. It reminds me of when TRU blew out a bunch of AT-Ats and Falcons at 10 bucks.

I picked up my TIE Bomber in Saga packaging this weekend from S Hill Walmart. They only had two left as of Sat Morn.

Did you see the Hasbro Fan Figure contest results. Pretty sweet!

I guess right now we are just waiting on the new waves to start hitting and most likely the speeders will hit around the same time as well.

Dr Zoltar
01-20-2003, 07:50 PM
Just put the gunship together last night. It is nice. I'll have to hunt for more clone pilots now.

In hindsight, I should have picked up an AT-AT and Falcon when TRU had their clearance. But it was during a time when I wasn't collecting ships. I just didn't have the room to store them in my tiny apartment. Now that I'm in a house, I a little more excited when cool ships come out. But I still refuse to put down $40 on the TRU X-Wing.

I grabbed a Tie-Bomber last week at the Wal-Mart in Fed Way. It was the last one they had. Very nicely displayed!

I'll let you know if I see any of the new Ephont Mon, Red carded Battle Droids, or the new Snow Speeder. I'm guess though that we won't see them until late Feb/early March.

hukilu
01-20-2003, 08:45 PM
In regards to the Snowspeeder are you referring to the Walmart "Crashed" with Dak?

Are they re-releasing that one as well?

I picked it up the first time.

If you are missing an Ephant Mon - I would keep checking at KBs. I scored mine at Walmart and then saw it again at KBs.
Its very cool and very large.

I'm a little worried about the Carded Red Battle Droid. I heard that they were all sent to Japan. My buddy bought one on ebay for 20 bucks. Its not listed on any future case assortments so I may do the same.

Dr Zoltar
01-20-2003, 11:08 PM
The Snowspeeder is indeed the one with Dak. Rumor has it that it will be another Wal-Mart exclusive but this time in Saga packaging. I'm assuming it's due to be released in a month or two.

So Ephant Mon has made an appearance here! I thought it was only a rumor. Was it at the KB at the mall? Hard to believe since I find almost nothing at that locale.

I haven't heard much about the carded Red Battle Droid. Just what's here in the forums. The latest I read was that it might be released this year in a "make-up" case. I'd hate to have to buy it off eBay.

Dr Zoltar
01-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Just found:

Puyallup Wal-Mart -- More Trash Compactor Scenes are in.

Auburn Wal-Mart -- Saw 5 Tie Bombers.

hukilu
01-27-2003, 02:16 PM
It looks like Targets and Walmarts will be the places to be checking this week!

Reports are popping up that the new two waves of figs are hitting there!

Dr Zoltar
01-27-2003, 03:07 PM
Excellent! Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Fed Way Target and Wal*Mart this afternoon.

BTW, Lynn hooked me up with an Ephont Mon. I was getting a bit anxious and wanted to grab one while I saw one. A bit more than what they charge at the stores, but not too bad.

hukilu
02-11-2003, 03:50 PM
Last week on Monday the Collection 1 figs hit the Puyallup Walmart! I had a friend pick them up for me (Obi-Wan and Dooku).

No sign of the Collection 2 in Puyallup/Tacoma area yet. I'm a little confused by this because my friend picked them up at a Target in West Seattle about 2 weeks ago.

Also just today the Leia Bouush hit TRU in Tacoma.

Dr Zoltar
02-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Darn, just checked Puyallup Wal-Mart this morning and there was nothing new. I'll have to give the Fed Way stores a try this afternoon.

Dr Zoltar
02-19-2003, 01:28 PM
New Finds Update:

Puyallup Wal-Mart -- Had Eeth Koth (sp?)
Auburn Wal-Mart -- Had one bent card of the new Obi-Wan
Spanaway Wal-Mart -- Had Eeth Koth, new Tuskin Raider, new Padme, new Rebel Soldier, and new Imperial Officer (dark hair)
Fed Way Wal-Mart -- new Padme, new Tuskin Raider
Fed Way Toys R Us -- new 12" Bossh Leia and Frozen Han
Fed Way Target -- Nothing but Peg Warmers

hukilu
02-19-2003, 04:30 PM
Sounds like you have had some luck in your hunting.

Last Friday - I scored Rebel Fleet Soldier from Walmart Fed Way and Tusken from Target Fed Way.

A buddy picked up Padme, Eeth Koth, Teebo for me from Lakewood Target on Sunday.

So far I am just missing Imp Officer, Library Droids and Rebe Fleet Trooper with Red Hair.

Also yesterday the Sandtrooper Troop Builder set was available from Entertainment Earth but sold out by 5 pm.

Dr Zoltar
02-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Yeah, Spanaway Wal-Mart was real good to me this morning. I think I got almost half of the new figs that are out. I'm not too worried as Target and TRU are usually a week behind Wal-Mart with putting out new stuff. I'll do a quick run by the TRU by South Hill mall tonight.

I didn't realize there was going to be 2 versions of the Rebel Trooper along with the Imperial Officer. I better double check the one I have.

It's nice to know that the troop builder set sold so quickly. I'm not a builder myself so I couldn't justify the price. I also am pretty confident that Hasbro will make more as it is a builder set and people want to order in fairly large quantities. I did grab the Storm Trooper set when WOTC was clearancing them for $6 last year.

Dr Zoltar
06-01-2003, 12:05 AM
Well it's been a few months since I've added to this but...

The Imp. 4 Pack at TRU was just spotted in Lynnwood and Puyallup. If anyone needs one, please PM me and I can see if we can work out a trade.

I still haven't seen anything from the SC Anakin, Hoth Han, new Boba Fett, etc. wave at any store. The good news is that every Target I've been in has cleared the pegs of all single SW figs. I'm very much hoping that some more of the new stuff shows up soon.

Dr Zoltar
06-18-2003, 02:05 PM
Just found at Target this week:

Yoda and Chian
Lama Su
Aayla Secura
Blonde Imperial Officer
Red Battle Droid

A small local collectors shop has most of the new figures in stock, but they want $15 a piece for them.

hukilu
07-02-2003, 05:06 AM
OK here's my update - I know its been awhile...

The deluxe Spider Droid and Super Battle Droid builder have been showing up at local Fred Meyers and Shop Co.

No sign of the Deluxe OBi or Jangos yet.

Tacoma Toys R Us on last Friday received the Clone Wars Army builder sets. I picked up the Battle Droid Launcher and Droid Army but missed the Clone Trooper 3 -pack.

KBs continues to have the 12" Gammorean Guard.

No new carded figs yet locally. Waiting for Throne Room Vader and Luke wave.

Dr Zoltar
07-02-2003, 03:37 PM
Thanks hukilu! Your updates do help.

Just yesterday I too found the Clone Wars Battle Droid Launcher and the Droid Army 3 pack at the TRU in Federal Way. They were the last two on the shelves so someone else must have grabbed the Clone Troopers. The TRU in Puyallup has spots for these, but they are empty as of yesterday. I asked an employee who said they haven't come in yet.

The Fred Meyers in Puyallup was completely dry of new stuff. Nothing new for the past 6 months. I'll check others for the Super Battle Droid Builder and Spider Droid.

I as well have not seen the Deluxe Obi or Jango yet anywhere. And I've been seeing some of the single new figs here and there. I've passed on most since I've ordered full waves at EE. I'm still looking for a Secret Ceremony Anakin though.

And if anyone in Seattle needs the new TRU Imperial 4 pack, the TRU in Lynnwood had a bunch. It seems they got them all, and the other TRU's only got a few that sold rather quickly. I've also seen posts where people say they will wait until these go on clearance because they aren't too fond of the $20 price tag. In my experience, anything that is a TRU exclusive never goes on clearance. I tried that with the new X-Wing and missed my chance to pick one up.

Dr Zoltar
07-04-2003, 01:20 AM
Just found the Clone Army 3 pack. There was only one at the Puyallup TRU and the clones were all white with no rank markings. I wonder if all of these shipping now are white with the rank colorings coming in the next wave.

Dr Zoltar
07-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Target -- Saw some of the newer figs (vader, colman, etc.) but the pacakging was in bad shape. Jedi Starfighter now on clearance for $15 -- I'm convinced this will go down to $10 soon. Some Star Wars legos were on clearance -- the Jabba sets except the one with Boba Fett.

TRU -- Nothing new except the Imperial 4 pack and the new mini lego sets. The Clone Wars multi-packs have shown up but are gone within 48 hours.

Wal-Mart -- Some new figs (repacked Leia, Han, C-3PO) but also in banged up shape. Some of the cards were bent 45 degrees.

Fred-Meyers -- Nothing except old Padme. Hukilu, are you sure you saw the new deluxe packs here?

No sign of the Speeders, Secret Ceremony Anakin, or the new cinema scenes yet. Target's toy isles have been very slim lately for all toys. I' wonder what's going on there?

Dr Zoltar
07-31-2003, 12:03 PM
Had my first run in with scalpers today at the Federal Way Target. I decided to stop by before work to try and find the new scene packs. As soon as the store opened I saw to middle aged guys hi-tail it to the toy section. Once there, they split up -- one to Star Wars and the other to Hot Wheels. Target hadn't put anything new out, so we all left empty handed. But it was odd to see these guys. One looked in his 40's and the other in his 50's. The younger guy looked like he just rolled out of bed, threw on some dirty jeans, a ball cap, and cowboy boots, and camped outside of Target until they opened.

If they had grabbed all the new Star Wars stuff I was going to confront them, but it never came up. I think me being a spry 31 years old could have taken them on. :D

Dr Zoltar
08-04-2003, 01:32 PM
New mini-legos, Wave 11 figs, and the new cinema scenes spotted at the Puyallup Target. All the old figs (including the clearance Target exclusives) have been removed.

At the TRU across the parking lot there were the new Clone Gunships but that's all.

Dr Zoltar
08-25-2003, 05:48 PM
Just another update for anyone that's interested.

TRU -- New Bounty Hunter 4 pack has been spotted. There were 2 at the TRU in Tacoma as of Friday. All other TRU's I checked didn't have a single one. Also had new Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter and Gunship in. No new clone wars 3 packs yet.

Wal-Mart -- Don't know as I rarely check for new figs there anymore.

Target -- Both new ships and some new figs from Wave 11. Picked up the corrected ROTJ Luke. Also saw 1 clone wars droid 3 pack so these cases are starting to appear as well.

Fred Meyers -- Found a lone blue trooper clone wars 3 pack. I have no idea how this even made it into the store as there wasn't even a spot on the pegs for it. It was laying on it's back on the shelf and rung up as a saga deluxe fig.

Dr Zoltar
08-29-2003, 01:52 PM
Between the Puyallup and Federal Way Targets I found the new Waitress Droid wave (Wave 14). Most were gone from the store in Puyallup, but pleanty were still available in Federal Way. No new Clone Wars stuff though.

The best part was that I found a variant/error Faytonni! There are clearly 2 different guns in his packaging -- one shorter than the other. I'll take some digital scans tonight for posting.

Dr Zoltar
09-08-2003, 04:02 PM
The Federal Way TRU has an abundance of the new Screen Sceens (both are 1 of 2) and the Bounty Hunter 4 pack. This were just put out over the weekend. No sign at all of the Clone Wars single figures yet.

Walmart had garbage. 6 old, old, old figs -- that was it. A sad vacant spot on the shelves crowded out by overflowing Spiderman and Hulk stuff.

Dr Zoltar
09-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Recent finds:

Puyallup Target: New Clone Wars singles and both "2 of 2" Cinema Scene packs.

Puyallup Wal-Mart: Secret Ceremony Anakin wave of figs.

Puyallup K-Mart: Some figs from the Flying R2 wave.

Fed Way Target: New Clone Wars single figs.

Fed Way Wal-Mart: New Bonus Pack Clone Wars figures (look for them near the Hot Wheels).