PDA

View Full Version : Trisha Biggar's Cameo Cut

Jedi Learner
11-05-2001, 12:33 PM
I know this is relatively unimportant, but did anyone else notice that costume designer Trisha Biggar's cameo was cut out of the DVD?

In the theatrical/VHS version, she can briefly be seen in the Senate chamber just after Amidala calls for the "no confidence" vote. She's in the box behind the large blue Twi'lek senator, along with an unidentified human man.

On the DVD version, both she and the man have been replaced by two Twi'lek girls (one red and one blue).

Now, while I think Ms. Biggar probably deserves a cameo appearance as much as John Knoll, Ben Burtt, and Rick McCallum, I feel the deletion of her scene is an appropriate change. She was always a little too "human-looking" for my taste (they didn't really make her up or give her any wardrobe, which is strange seeing that she's the costume designer). It makes sense that a Twi'lek senator would be accompanied by a couple of girls of his own species, and not by a pair of humans (notice that all the aliens in the other pods are pretty much homogenous).

A minor tweak, yes, but it goes to show that someone was thinking about the "big picture" when the movie was prepared for DVD.

master jedi
11-05-2001, 05:07 PM
I've noticed that she was cut too but wasn't quite sure. She wasn't really noticable(sp?) to begin with.

GNT
11-07-2001, 12:30 AM
I believe thats how the scene was originally meant to be like but they run out of time and left it as the 2 humans in the pod, since they recently had the chance they went back and changed it to the way it was meant to be which can now be seen on the DVD! :)

Rollo Tomassi
12-05-2001, 10:56 PM
Man, that sucks. Trisha Biggar's cameo was my favorite...

JEDIpartner
12-06-2001, 08:48 AM
Maybe Trish will dress everyone in Clown costumes for E3 out of blinding revenge! "Cut me out of the DVD will you? I'm gonna make this one 'ATTACK OF THE CLOWNS'!!! Bwaaaahahahahahaha!!!!" :evil:

GNT
12-09-2001, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Man, that sucks. Trisha Biggar's cameo was my favorite...

I'm glad they cut here out of the film and placed the two Twi'lek girls instead, Besides everyone would find Twi'lek girls toys more appealing than an TB action figure...

evenflow
12-11-2001, 01:14 PM
I didn't notice it, but now i have to go back and check it out. Cool. :D

JediCole
12-28-2001, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by evenflow
I didn't notice it, but now i have to go back and check it out. Cool. :D

Like evenflow, I never noticed the big switch either! This is rather surprising as I noticed the awkward presence of the humans with Orn Free Ta on my very first screening of Episode I, not noticing the E.T. Senators (Eat Tea and company) until the second screening. I always felt that the human companions seemed strangely out of place when every single other senate box was peopled by aides of the same race as the senator. Perhaps they snuck over into the Twilek box from their normal post with that of Alderaan as part of a cultural exchange.

Jargo
12-28-2001, 07:50 AM
She was cut because she has a heftier role in the new film.....

DARTH BIGGAR!

It's the surprise George has been keeping from us all. :crazed:

I can't see what all the fuss is about. It's not like she ws onscreen for more than a split second anyway. Orn Free Taa has Twi'lek aides in the visual dictionary so it makes sense that he should have one in the senate box. He is the senator for Ryloth is he not? :stupid: