PDA

View Full Version : Important: Padmé Amidala: Tatooine Outfit is now Padmé Amidala: Wedding Dress!!

Beast
12-10-2002, 01:30 PM
It seems that Hasbro made a small mistake, on their list of Collection 2 figures. The figure that was listed as "Padmé Amidala: Tatooine Outfit" has now changed to "Padmé Amidala: Wedding Dress". Note that this doesn't mean that the Tatooine Outfit isn't being made, since that's quite a large error.

I'm betting that the Tatooine Outfit figure was supposed to come out later in the year, and the person that posted the figure info on the Official Site, just mixed the names up. Since it's doubtful that Hasbro would make such a specific error, if both figures weren't being produced. They probably just mixed up the names. :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=93

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mrmiller
12-10-2002, 03:31 PM
Cool- now I want to see pics! I wonder what action feature she will have in the wedding dress :) Now get your minds out of the gutter, but I was thinking- Padme in Wedding Dress with Handshake action. You know... So she can grab Anakins robot hand.

At least it looks like we will be getting 3 new Amidala figures (including the droid factory one).

=MATT=

Beast
12-10-2002, 03:40 PM
Collection 2 figure, so unless they stuck a magnet in her head so that she would attract an Anakin with the same feature, she won't have an action feature. I hope the figure turns out looking as beautiful as she did in the movie. That's an elaborate dress, and it's going to have to be very very detailed to look right. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-10-2002, 04:21 PM
Most interesting. Perhaps she too will be posed doing the macarena just like the new Anakin with cloak. With all that detail in the dress it has to be sculpted plastic really. Like i said elsewhere human scale cloth just wouldn't do it justice. Not that i want a wedding padme figure since it looks fine for a wedding cake decoration but little else. I don't think I'l be buying it. I really would rather have had a useful padme tatooine figure instead. Maybe she's actually part of the lars homestead screen scene instead? Have to wait and see then......... :o