PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of the new Target Accessory Sets

JangoFart
12-10-2002, 01:36 PM
There are pictures of the new Target Accessory sets at:

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=515&zoneid=2

Tawk amongst yourselves.

J

JangoFart
12-10-2002, 01:40 PM
I HOPE this is not the only Bounty Hunter multi-pack we'll get. I dig the speeder, but never liked the Aura Sing figure - she's too stilted looking. I'd much rather have an ESB set of Bounty Hunters with new, or at least modified, molds.

The Gungan set looks sweet - nice accessories.

The Jabba set seems kinda just thrown together to me.

J

Beast
12-10-2002, 01:45 PM
The Gungan set is nice, though I'm disapointed that they didn't include the farseein'. Or the war horn, but I guess that one thing on the end could be the drum.

The Gamorrean Guard looks to have a nice wash done to it, but nothing all that new. Sadly no Bubo, as we were all hoping. But atleast it didn't come with another Crumb.

The Bounty Hunter set isn't bad. Allows people to get a 300th Fett, without having to pay the high secondary prices. I wish they would have used Boshek's body for the Bossk re-issue though. Aurra's Swoop Bike is pretty damn cool though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
12-10-2002, 02:01 PM
Wow. I'm a little dissapointed.

Jabba's Set: I like the guard, and I could use the weapons for the custom figures I've made, but I was really hoping for a Bubo instead of that lame carbonite block.

Gungan Set: I don't collect Episode 1 figures, but this is the best of the 3 sets.

Bounty Hunters: I really don't need another Boba Fett or IG-88. I'll get the new Saga Boba Fett. Too bad they didn't include Zuckuss, 4-LOM or Dengar. POTF2 Zuckuss was a good sculpt, he deserves to be re-issued. Dengar wasn't all that bad either.

I still have high hopes for the Rebel Tech set.

Beast
12-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Rogue II, I agree with you. They should have ditched either IG-88 or Bossk and included Zuckess instead. I'm glad they didn't toss in Dengar though, as he needs resculpted. The current one is based on his apperance in ROTJ. We need a ESB version with the backpack. So a new sculpt in definatly needed for that. :)

There is still a rumor of a big 7 figure ESB Bounty Hunter set next year, seperate from this thing. I assume that would be Vader and the Bounty Hunters. So there is always hope for new sculpts of all the bounty hunters in a nice diorama set. Just as long as the do a better 4-LOM, Dengar, and Bossk in the set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
12-10-2002, 02:32 PM
I agree with you guys on almost all points. I like the idea of the Jedi Hunters VERY MUCH; I just don't like the chosen implimentation. (Of course, I'll buy it, but it will be under duress :) )

JJB: I too would have liked to see the horn - that would have put the Gungan acc. set over the top. Also, the Boshek body idea is a great one.

My DREAM Bounty Hunter set from ESB would be all 6 with a Vader pointing at Fett in his "No disintegrations" stance.

"As you wish......."

J

RooJay
12-10-2002, 03:04 PM
The "Jedi Hunters" set looks like a custom job to me. Something about the swoop bike looks terribly "unreal" as I see it. Not that it looks like a bad custom at all, but a custom nonetheless. Maybe it's just a poor mock-up.The use of stic-tac on the guns also makes me suspicious.

187-Maul
12-10-2002, 03:15 PM
the gungan sat looks cool and is good for people who want to build a gungan army, but I'm absolutely not interested in it
the jabba's palace set is cool, the new paint job in the guard looks cool, and the accessories (except that ugly useless carbon block) are cool, I could use this set pretty good

the bounty hunter set, I don't know, I don't have the POTJ IG-88 yet, which I maybe could use, but I have 300th Boba Fett and Bossk and I have always thought Aurra Sing was a very BAD and UGLY fig and I definitly don't need her
the swoop bike looks cool though, but I don't know if it's worth buying the hole set for it

OC47150
12-10-2002, 04:22 PM
I want to see pictures of the Rebel technician set. I'd like a few for dioramas.

Adam
12-10-2002, 05:39 PM
I'll pass on all three of those, but the Rebel Techie still sounds interesting.

Death Star Gimp
12-10-2002, 05:42 PM
Disappointing all round really.

Never did like the Gungans much, this set doesn't help, it looks lame.

Gammorrean Guard, same old sculpt, the rest isn't interesting.

Jedi Hunter pack, I've got those figures already and I'm not in to figures/ vehicles that didn't appear in the films.

I will not be getting any of these and as a completist I find this hard to say.

I am hoping the Yavin set with the Rebel Technician is more appealing.

On the whole I'm tired of rehashes and repaints and re-do's of the same character, next it will be Luke (with right eyebrow slightly raised) and apart from Wat Tatmbor and Coleman Trebor this year, the rest looks uninspiring.

I don't wish to be too downmouthed but SW collecting is losing it's appeal as Hasbro becomes ever more predictable.

Jargo
12-10-2002, 05:53 PM
Like the re-use of the swoop, like the new vibroblade pike, like the new paint deco but it'll end up looking nothing like as good, The Gamorrean is the nicest looking figure so far but the accessories are nothing to write home about. Nice for people who missed them first time round but it's a hohum maybe for me whether i'll shell out for them. The rebel techie is the one I'm waiting for too. Now that has potential but if these are anything to go by.......... oh dear. Still, don't knock it 'til you've seen it.

Mike's sources are proving to be very proliferous. Good in one way but.... Now if they'd just come up with the third star tours wave pictures. :D R5-D4 that's the one I want to see.

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 06:14 PM
I agree about the Jedi Hunters.....The Boba is a great figure but so posed. Let's see new sculpts of these guys. Why is Aura included....if we are doing that, then let's do her with Zam and Jango

Tycho
12-10-2002, 07:47 PM
I just want the swoop bike. I want to recreate an EU scene from the Comic "The Hunt for Aurra Sing" in which I need:

Aurra (check)
her swoop bike with the death's head on the front (just revealed)
Ki Adi Mundi (check)
his padawan, the Tusken Raider Jedi, A'Sharad Hett (hopefully they'll make)
Adi Gallia (check)
Tessek or Tikkes (or a Quarren to fill in as Sing's target) (check)
The Dark Woman (who I hope they will make)

It was a good story, though somebody should have gotten killed in it. Oh well. It makes it believeable that A'sharad passed a Trial of sorts. He could've turned to the Dark Side and killed his father's murderer.

Meanwhile, if the Gungan set has the drums, I'll buy 2-4 for my Ceremony scene. I bought extra Gamorreans way back when, because during the POTF2 run, it was one of the best as well as one of my favorites of the figures.

Bubo should be packaged with Sgt. Doallyn some day soon, I hope.

Rappertunie should be packaged with Yarna de Gargan some day soon, I hope.

Anyway, I'll be looking to buy the swoop bike off someone who doesn't want it, or I'll trade a carded Bossk, IG-88, Aurra Sing, and I'll buy someone a new Boba Fett (just shown for next year - rockets flaring) to trade them for the set so I can get the bike.

Banthaholic
12-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Another Gungan is always appreciated in my home. Just thing of all the Battle droids we have and the few Gungan's we have to fight against them. I'd be in favor of a Gungan troop builder set.

The Jedi Hunters set is nice, the swoop definiterly makes the set. Additionally it gives some newer collectors a chance to get caught up to us seasoned pros

JangoFart
12-10-2002, 11:45 PM
A'Sharad Hett and Dark Woman - I would kill for those two figures - as well as a Quinlan Vos.

J

FishEyedLouie
12-10-2002, 11:52 PM
:) The bounty hunter set looks cool, although I never bought any of the POTF figures.

Imperial 4 Pack looks sweeeet.

QLD
12-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Zuckuss would have rocked. He will be mine....one day....oh yes....he will be mine.

Jayspawn
12-11-2002, 12:15 AM
I like the new accessory sets. The Gungan looks like the best set to me. The Gamorrean ser looks a little rough but I can use a few extra guards and force pikes.

The Bounty Hunter pack looks neat. Sort of a 'best of' arrangment. I'm glad it's the 300th Boba Fett in the set. I hope at least one of those figures will fit on the Swoop.

mylow thehutt
12-11-2002, 08:03 AM
:D Nice, I really like the Jabba set. and Jar Jar don't worry about Bubo I heard he's going to be a pack in with the rumored Jabba thehutt.:)

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 09:18 AM
The sets are pretty crummy from what I can see... I will be passing on all of them. I was really hoping for something good... Actually, I WILL have something good... more cash in my bank account! :rolleyes:

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 09:26 AM
They're ok looking. The Gungan set I wish came with a break-apart Battle Droid, but the little cannon and the two new staffs are pretty cool though. The Gamorrean set is kinda cool, I liked the carbo block since you can put anyone in it, and the new staff for him. I've been wanting them to release a Gamorrean with that staff for quite awhile so I could use two trying to block Luke. (They didn't use their axes or the other vibro-staff.) What are those little round things though? Thermal Detonators? They look like rocks, maybe they've just yet to have paint detail.

The Bountyhunter set I wish was different, like maybe a little better. Do we really need that POTJ IG-88 again so soon? He wasn't a HTF figure even though he wasn't really a peg-warmer. I'd rather them use the Deluxe 3PO body for a new 4-Lom so we could have fun disassembling him. :evil:

Old Fossil
12-11-2002, 09:37 AM
None of these look like must-haves. I should have no problem leaving them on the pegs/shelves.

Rogue II
12-11-2002, 09:42 AM
I was kind of suprised by the thermal detonators being included in the Jabba set. I doubt very many figures can actally hold them.

The variety of weapons are nice, since Gammorean guards carry around things besides that axe. I'm definately getting this set.

I'm glad the Bounty Hunter set is a TRU exclusive, so I can least see it. I doubt I will buy it.

aikman
12-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Oh thank goodness, I almost forgot that I only bought all of these things once before. I think I will buy everything one more time just to get that swoop bike or that extra accesory.
What a joke

Beast
12-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Aikman, as has been stated over and over again. Not every collector has been collecting since the beginning. This is a nice little way for new collectors and army builders to find figures. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But Hasbro isn't in business just to please you. :stupid: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
12-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Wanna buy my old stuff so I can get the new imnproved versions?
Naw didnt think you would.
So how long have you been collecting? Not long enough to realize that you are buying the same thing over and over...

Beast
12-11-2002, 02:34 PM
I've been collecting since 1978, if your talking action figures. I sadly ditched my vintage figures in the early 90's. But I don't mind, the newer stuff other then a few figures that haven't been made yet is far superior.

Just don't buy it, if you don't like it. It's not like making it is stopping them from making a all new figure. I have every figure from 1995 to current, except for that abomination Jorgie Balsac.

Army building sets and exclusives, with re-issued figures don't hurt the line, infact it helps it because it stops people from having to go to the secondary market for figures. Hasbro should re-issue some of the harder to find E1 figures as well. TC-14 and R2-B1 at the very least.

And main charecters will always get new versions. It's a hell of alot better then Hasbro shipping the same crappy He-Man figures from 1995 with current figures. Hell, they look like crap displayed together. I can't imagine them on the pegs.

You wanna explain to the new collectors or the new kids that want a Luke why they can't have one? Or tell a mom that they haven't made Luke's in years, so you'll have to hit the secondary market for one. That's bad business practice. Atleast Hasbro is trying to improve on figures, when they release a new version. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fulit
12-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Wow, maybe I'll actually see these on the shelves. The first accessory set run has been out for months now, and all I see is empty space on the pegs where they should be.

Is there going to be only three sets this time or what?

aikman
12-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Ive been collecting since 78, still have most of my stuff.

The 'just dont buy it line' isnt very valuable when they keep updating and changing the figure.

I liked the first <new> boba but then came the 300th(with other versions in between) thus making the first one crap compared to the second.
My money was already spent on the first, I cant get it back. With the speed that the different (usually improved)
versions come out, I cant keep up. I want good (definitive) versions of the figures, not 10 of the same with minor tweaks or resculpts.

Exclusives, with re-issued figures DO hurt the line for many reasons.
1 poor distribution
2 if you want the exclusive figure you need to buy the vehicle, case closed
3 collectability

Whats wrong with secondary market?
If I didnt get it the first time, my tough luck, If I want it, I need to find another way to get it.

Star wars IV hasnt been in theaters for years, they had a chance then.

By your example no matter what it is, you should be able to ramble up to a TRU and pick one up off the shelves.
Reality check. In a perfect world I should be able to get anythying I want whenever I want but that is not the case.
Id love to have bought a 69 vette for sticker oprice but I miassed my chance, so now , if I choose, must pay the price.

Beast
12-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but you obviously hate the new and updated figures, so don't buy them. If your happy with the inaccurate figures of the past, then good for you. Quite alot more people would prefer those figures being corrected and updated. :)

If you only want definative versions, your out of luck. New sculpts keep the line running. Atleast your not seeing Hasbro pull a Mattel and put a Luke and Vader in every wave like they do with He-Man.

Exclusives with re-issued figures, don't hurt the line at all. Because most of the time the figures are subpar or they are the same figure that has already been released. What's wrong with giving people that buy vehicles, a figure with them?

You sound like a completist, that is just upset that you have so much more to buy. Time to break the completists streak, or suffer with having to rebuy stuff you already have. It's unfair of you to dictate that other people can't get better figures, or have another chance at them, just because you don't like it.

The secondary market is unfair to kids, that see the movie and want their favorite charecters. Try telling little Billy or Cindy that they can't have a Leia figure, cause they quit making them years ago. There are new people entering the hobby all the time. That makes it necissary to on occassion, release new versions of main charecters to meet the demand.

Most of the time, the new versions are superior. In my opinion, Hasbro needs to start re-sulpting more of the 1995-1999 figures that are out of scale or overly buffed. They've done a good job so far, but there are more that need the treatment.

Back in the vintage era, you could walk into a store from 1978-1985 and buy just about every figure still. But with the way that sculpting has improved since 1995 to current day, the old figures would look rediculous on the pegs next to the new stuff. Your car example is silly, these are toys, not a car that comes out every year. But thanks for the comment, since I can use it this way.

A new version of that car, comes out every year. So if people missed the previous version, they can get somthing similar but improved. So, what's wrong with Hasbro occassionally updating a figure, and giving people some new options. They go overboard sometimes, like with Jango and Maul. But sometimes charecter popularity wins out, over sensibility.

So your going to have to suck it up, and accept that they are going to do this sort of thing. Or continue to whine and complain about things that you have no control over. More people are happy with most of the re-sculpts, then aren't. So I don't see things changing anytime soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-12-2002, 07:46 AM
hmmmm, quibbling aside for two seconds, I've relooked at these pics and I like the Gamorrean immensely. I liked the POTF release but the paint deco tweak on this one makes it even better as a figure. The carboninte block accessory is dumb and i don't want it but the vibro pikes are pretty cool especially the double bladed one. I'll definately be buying two or three of this set.

The Gungan warrior set leaves me cold really. Thew accessories are okay but the energy ball thing was done to death with episode one toys and i would have liked non aggresive accessories too as many have mentioned the horn, the farseein binoculars, perhaps swamp creatures, even in the aggresive accessories they could have done more useful stuff than piks and energy balls on atlatls. There's a pic somewhere of a Gungan warrior wearing a belt with pouch to hold small energy balls which would have been cool, smaller enery balls that could fit the hands and fit into the pouch. They've included the thermal detonators with the Gamorrean so it would be possible to chuck in a couple of small energy balls still and lose one of the projectile energy balls for the cannon or something.

The rebel technician...... wherefore art though rebel technician accessory set....?

aikman
12-12-2002, 10:33 AM
I like the new figures better than the ones they already sold to me (for the most part). They need to stop redoing the same things over and over. Especially at the rate that they do them now. The car example isnt the greatest but at least it is only once a year not 3 or 4 times.
"Atleast your not seeing Hasbro pull a Mattel and put a Luke and Vader in every wave like they do with He-Man."
Um , well actually they kinda are, not always luke or vader , but just about every wave seems to have some resculpt in it of a figure already released.

"What's wrong with giving people that buy vehicles, a figure with them? "
Nothing, just dont make it a figure that I cant get on the pegs itself. Its unfair that if I want a particular figure that the ONLY way to get it is to buy thje vehicle or whatever. I really wanted the scanning trooper but didnt need another r2 case. They know the main seller of star wars is the figures , and by inserting a slightly different figure in any package, that raises thier sales.
How many greedos/momaw nadons do you have ? ? NEWS FLASH- you only need one.
I gave up the copmpletist thing with the atat w/ 2 exclusive figs years ago. I wasnt buying a $80 vehicle just because I wanted the 2 exclusives. Sadly, I even recall here that some people bought the royal starship -JUST for the exclusive r2 unit. Ya think they didnt deserve to get that fig off the pegs?
"It's unfair of you to dictate that other people can't get better figures, or have another chance at them, just because you don't like it. " Its not about that at all. I dont begrudge <insert sappy cindy reference> , I begrudge you. You arent a little cindy , but yet hide behind the defense of helpless children. I only wonder how many cindys youve knocked over to get your toys.

"The secondary market is unfair to kids, that see the movie and want their favorite charecters. Try telling little Billy or Cindy that they can't have a Leia figure, cause they quit making them years ago. "
Its called reality. And sadly, Id wager most of the star wars purchases are from ADULTS .

"Back in the vintage era, you could walk into a store from 1978-1985 and buy just about every figure still."
Oh you mean before scalpers, and collectors?

"They go overboard sometimes, like with Jango and Maul. "
Thats my point!

"...continue to whine and complain about things that you have no control over."
Its called my opinion, live with it.

Banthaholic
12-12-2002, 01:16 PM
Of course Hasbro is going to try to release better figures they made in the past. If they didn't who would buy them. Complaining that the current Baba Fett is better that the one two years ago is pointless. The only way to solve the problem would be to take a few years off of collecting so that way you can get the best up-to-date figures without being 'stuck' with the old ones.
I personally give Hasbro alot of praise, they keep the line fresh. Sure everything isn't 100%, although they constaintly try. They could be stubborn, and keep releasing the older versions but no they are in a way admitting they made subpar figures in the past and attemptong to make a better figure.

I also have no complaints with releasing exclusive figurew with vehicles. It rewards people that are willing to buy the merchandise. It would be alot differerent story if they would have released 5 different Queen's Royal Starship with 5 different R2 units, that would be taking advantage of collectors. Instead why not throw in a red R2 unit with a $100 item, and in effect reward someone diehard enough to spend the money.

aikman
12-12-2002, 01:19 PM
"reward someone diehard enough to spend the money"

To a point thats fine. BUT, I already got the speeder bike and the atst originally.
When they rereleased and repainted them and included the new ewok, I would have to rebuy both of them.

How about rewarding the collector that bought them originally and has been buying for years?

I guess thas the point of jedi points but obviously that isnt happening.

Jargo
12-12-2002, 02:28 PM
I have to say I'm bored of this now. If it upsets you so much then just give it up. hasbro doesn't owe anybody anything. They are a business, one or two bitter collectors don't amount to a hill o' beans to a large multinational company like Big H. Get over it and stop whingeing all over every thread you post in lately. Yes there are some bum decisions made by Hasbro. Like it or lump it. I'm not keen on the gimmicks, I let hasbro know but i also make damn sure I praise them for the things that are definately good like the designs and the sculpting. You just seem bitter period and you're bringing this thread and others down. Frankly I'm getting so bored of reading it. If you want to fight with someone do it in private messages and spare us your gut twisting angst.

JangoFart
12-12-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I have to say I'm bored of this now. If it upsets you so much then just give it up. hasbro doesn't owe anybody anything. They are a business, one or two bitter collectors don't amount to a hill o' beans to a large multinational company like Big H. Get over it and stop whingeing all over every thread you post in lately. Yes there are some bum decisions made by Hasbro. Like it or lump it. I'm not keen on the gimmicks, I let hasbro know but i also make damn sure I praise them for the things that are definately good like the designs and the sculpting. You just seem bitter period and you're bringing this thread and others down. Frankly I'm getting so bored of reading it. If you want to fight with someone do it in private messages and spare us your gut twisting angst.

Here here....

J

aikman
12-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Whats bothersome are the constant 'i love this, ilove that ' posts.

Differing opinions is what makes the world go round.

One particular person haunts these boards and cant resist trying to fight with me every post I make, everyone else puts up with him, doesnt mean I have to.

If you dont agree with me, good for you, ignore my posts.

OC47150
12-12-2002, 02:52 PM
That sound you hear, Jargo, is me applauding in support.

JangoFart
12-12-2002, 03:05 PM
Aikman:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with you expressing your opinion. However, there comes a point to where you have to just agree to disagree. You've reached the point to where your points have lost their validity due to constant re-iteration.

You can't win every argument, as I know all too well. We get the point you make. Just don't buy what you don't want and move on to the next thread.

J

Jargo
12-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Actually my post was aimed at both you and JJB. Your bickering is fruitless and pointless. I've had plenty of fights like this myself in my time here but to be honest i learned that it was stupid and now I walk away after 2 or 3 posts of stuff like what has been posted previously. Yo just end up banging heads forever otherwise and to be honest I don't think this community can stand any more bickering at the moment. So please for the sake of everyone just take a deep breath and step back for a time. What does it serve to argue this way? We all have our niggle with the way Hasbro does things. I think the fact that they are actually still shoving product out is more of a celebratory thing than a bad thing. Nobody has a gun to your head saying buy toys now. The re-releases are for those who didn't get the last one and because from a marketing point of view it's necessary to have a core character in almost every wave for the figures to sell. Unless there's a recognisable character in there, stores don't want to order so much. It's an old fashioned way of looking at things and not so true these days but it's the way kenner did it and it's still the way things are done. We all have to live with that. Figures with vehicles is a moot issue too. Most figures with vehicles are sub standard so that they aren't so attractive so people don't feel they've missed out so much if they don't buy the vehicle. The best quality figures are single crded for a reason because they are more readily available to the majority of people.
Figures coming with vehicles now appear to be figures that came on a card prior to being shipped with the vehicle. The only figures that are new are the ones with speederbikes because they require special tooling to make them fit. But even they aren't great. Hasbro tries damn hard to please all the people all the time but obviously that is an impossibility, a glaring one. So they aim to please as many people as they can but when a loud cry goes out like the we don't like the gimmicks one it takes a long time to get things changed because so many figures are commisioned so far in advance, sculpts done, molds made production machining ready to go and suddenly hasbro discovers that sort of toy isn't working well, so it takes a while for changes to filter through because they have to go with whatever is being produced already. As soon as Hasbro can , they make the change.
Re-issuing some of the older figures on SAGA packaging is bad? how so? Would you deprive a 12 year old just getting their own allowance and the freedom to spend how they want, the chance to buy figures of characters that are no longer produced? Most 12 year olds don't have credit cards or the ability to shop online with impunity for out of production toys. Re-issuing a few for 12 year old collectors new to the hobby is a good thing and a positive thing. It fosters faith in younger and newer collectors and they buy more, the more they buy the longer hasbro will continue to make large quantities of product. If you stop buying because you already have that character six times so what? No-one will notice because there's always going to be new collectors buying it up eventually. Someone who has no money right now will buy the ones you pass up later, when they do have the cash. That's the way of the world.
I can appreciate your frustration entirely but you are simply howling at the moon to go hammer and tongues against other forumites. I suggest that you start a thread in the dear Hasbro section and calmly and rationally lay out your grievances. It will be read and digested by whoever it is from hasbro who actually reads that section. You will find the skeletons of very similar threads in there gathering cobwebs and roaches. Why not try to concentrate on the positive for a time.
Oh, and I am not a happy happy shiny shiny person in case you were wondering, I'm by no means a 'love Hasbro, worship hasbro' person, just a person who got tired of shouting at the moon and learned to settle back and take it all on the chin.

mrmiller
12-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I have to say I'm bored of this now. If it upsets you so much then just give it up. Frankly I'm getting so bored of reading it. If you want to fight with someone do it in private messages and spare us your gut twisting angst.

Amen Brother.

=MATT=

Tycho
12-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Alright, everyone cool off.

1) You don't "win" arguments here on these boards very often. I love the more intellectually challenging debates in the General Forum section that deal with religion and politics, but this is JUST action figures - and your dollar (or not paying it out) at the toy store, is much more an effective "vote" than what you post here.

2) Love the hobby. Buy what you like. Completists seem to make themselves miserable over the issue. Not every product is going to be an "Ephont Mon." In fact, a new version of a (non-resulpted) different Weequay wouldn't thrill me as much as R1-G4 either, and I have no problem not buying another Hoth Han. Some people can't even find the crappy one, though, and I'm happy for them to get a new sculpt.

3) If you're not happy about it -well, I think Aikman has every right to say so - AND to pursuade others to see his p.o.v.

4) Post it if you disagree with him. Aikman can post a rebuttal to his argument, and then you can post your rebuttal to that. Then drop it! It's not that important! You should all be able to tell if someone will agree with you or not within 4 posts - two from each of you. In a stem-cell research debate, I'm sure it's more complicated because of all the 'what-if's' and 'what is a human lifeform' debates, but this is cut and dry: to produce figures, especially resculpted ones, only for exclusives - and then whether or not you buy them.

People turn this into: "I quit the hobby if they don't play it my way." The world is grey folks. Learn to get comfortable with yourselves and your past-times even if things do not let you be the 'perfect collector of the perfect collection.' None of your favorite sports teams ALWAYS wins! I've liked the Broncos through a lot of bad seasons....

5) It will not ruin your life or your enjoyment of SW if you buy or do not buy the 3rd version of Han in Hoth or the 6th version of Boba Fett! Do what you want, and let others do what they want.

6) Aikman wanted to vent. He has a right to. It's not going to change Hasbro's policies on what we decide our majority opinion is here. A petition for Hem Dazon, the Arcona, would be a much more productive use of all of your time, if you want to change Hasbro's production plans. Tell them how to make money, get them producing what you want, then go and buy it. They'll learn the hard way not to card another Tatooine Luke - and I think they did learn that lesson.

7) I was disappointed about Paploo, also. I still don't have one because I didn't need another AT-ST (I have 6) or speederbikes. I also want a better, carded figure of Paploo anyway. I'm going to poll our readers for that eventually, and send the results to Hasbro. It seems to be a better idea than arguing about it with all the people that could support me on the campaign.

8) All of the great Jango Fett figures we got for the most part, added wonderful new to the characeter:

Removeable helmet would be easier to operate without a removeable head - 2 figures...

The flame thrower cost so much to put into the figure, so they didn't complicate it with the tangle cord on the same one.

Fett has 2 backpacks, distribute them between the two figures.

Removeable armor would be too much to have on a 3 3/4" figure along the working wrist gauntlets (flame and cable). The Deluxe version could have done without the electronics requiring the huge jet pack, and included a removeable helmet feature while they were at it... but.

The wrist gauntlet features took up too much room to make a fast-draw action work on the same figure, plus the headset is a little small to make removeable, so the pilot figure worked out another interesting angle to portray Jango Fett from.

The sneak-peak's sculpt is awesome, but it's articulation and play-ability is terrible. It was the most-unnecessary one. All the others added something to the line (pilot and deluxe perhaps added less though, considering how they were done).