PDA

View Full Version : How to display Darth Dagobah

DarthWitko
12-10-2002, 01:41 PM
Ok,

I have decided I have to open this figure. It does no justice to the figure to stay in the package since you can see lukes head and truly appreciate the sculpt. Now I am trying to figure out how to display him. I have the original Dagobah playset and I was wondering should I have him displayed with the front off standing up facing Bespin luke or should he be on the ground with the head off face place blasted off with luke standing over him, just like the scene in the movie. The only issue that I have with the second part is that it might be difficult to really see the figure but the cool part about it is that it would look exactly like the movie scene where the horror of Luke's father is revealed to him.

So what do you think?

187-Maul
12-10-2002, 04:32 PM
why don't you just change his pose from time to time
if you get bored out of one pose, put him in the other, that way you will have both poses:)

JediTricks
12-10-2002, 05:50 PM
I have mine standing in ready-to-attack position but with it's head off and missing the faceplate since there was a second after Luke cut off the head when the body didn't fall to the ground.

OC47150
12-11-2002, 05:06 PM
I, too, have the Dagobah playset and have Vader, with face plate still intact, waiting on the other side of the tree for Luke.

DarthWitko
12-11-2002, 05:27 PM
I really like the idea of the head off but still standing. With Luke finishing off the decapitation of the ghost. I think I am going to have to give this a try and see how it looks.

Old Fossil
12-12-2002, 12:37 AM
Just be careful, okay?

DarthWitko
12-12-2002, 01:35 AM
No action figures were hurt during the creation of this thread.

Turbowars
12-17-2002, 12:23 PM
You live in Longmont DarthWitko, cool. I have family there. Do you know any Groff's or Pearlman's? Nice town, I almost moved there.

DarthWitko
12-17-2002, 01:09 PM
Nope don't know anyone with those names. Longmont is a nice place though. I have lived here for 3 years and love it. The only problem is the Walmarts and Targets here don't have much in terms of Star Wars stuff so I always end up ordering online or making toy runs to towns that are nearby.

TheDarthVader
01-10-2003, 12:47 PM
I have a loose Dagobah Darth also...it is AWESOME... definately a figure you'd want to take out of the package.----

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
I have had this figure since you could first find him on Ebay, guess I need to take Darth out of his package for a closer inspection. Did not realize Luke's face was there on the figure. Sad that I got this figure and just took it for granted... Didn't bother to pay that close attention. Or has there been a remake of this figure that I was not aware of? This is the Darth Vader where his head is almost a blue transparent?

DarthWitko
01-16-2003, 07:34 PM
The blue transparent should be Darth Vader Emperor's Wrath. The transparency shows the lighting bolts when Darth saved luke from the Emperor. Darth Dagabah has red eyes. His face plate is removable to show lukes face and also his head comes off.

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 07:39 PM
A correction on my part then, I guess I don't have Darth Dagobah... Thats a minor set back, guess I will begin searching for this figure, sounds like a great sculpt.

bobafrett
02-12-2003, 12:21 AM
I took mine out of the package. He stands in my bookcase with his face plate off. It is one of my more favorites in that line.

DarthWitko
02-12-2003, 01:05 AM
I love the figure now that I have opened it. Is it just me or the POTJ line way way way much better then the Saga Line. Almost every Saga figure I have taken out of the package seems to almost want to fall apart. There is almost no play value in the Saga line for kids. Ephont Mon is the only exception that I can really think of that has some value.