PDA

View Full Version : How come we still haven't gotten a decent R5D4

Droidlover
12-10-2002, 04:07 PM
I know I have asked this before, but then we were told that he was coming in the Star Tours line. Now I have heard rumblings that the R5 from the ST line will have the funny looking photo receptors like the one seen in the Star Tours ride.
I mean R5 had time in both ANH and AOTC( albiet very briefly) and we have received one older figure that split in two. I know of characters with a lot smaller screen time that have had mutiple figures.
It would be so easy for Hasbro to do. Just use the R3 body and give us a new head sculpt. I made one( check under customizing forum), but had to use the POTF2 one and it is just
not right. While they are at it they could give us an R6 by using that body with another new head sculpt.

Death Star Gimp
12-10-2002, 05:50 PM
Hasbro should be good at making more droids because it would be relatively cheap for them. They used C-3PO's mould for K-3PO and I'm sure some of R2-D2 went in to making R2-Q9. A re-make of R5-D4 wouldn't be difficult, but would probably sell better if packed with something else i.e. a Jawa or with Luke.

Hasbro might refrain from doing anymore astro-droids if they feel collectors are customizing anyway.

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 08:35 AM
What's wrong with the POTF2 one- you dont like the action feature of splitting in half to launch a huge yellow rocket? :rolleyes: My goodness, Hasbro should have know that action features would doom all futures after this dissaster.

=MATT=

Old Fossil
12-11-2002, 09:42 AM
The fact that R5-D4 has been on virtually NONE of the recent lists of figures planned for 2003 is a tremendous disappointment. I love that droid.:frus:

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 09:45 AM
I agree... it seems like Hasblah is content with issuing out dome heads over and over. The R4-M9 was a total blessing. The reason we NEED a new R5-D4 is not just because of our fondness for astromechs, but because it had a unique head sculpt. I'd love to see a proper R5-D4 sometime before Episode III hits the screen.

Droidlover
12-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Well half of Episode Three could be devoted to how Anakin was scarred by R5D4 himself and I still think Hasbro would ignore him or maybe re-release the first one. I mean we got a sneak peak droid from AOTC that had his main scene cut from the movie, not that I am complaining that we finally saw an R3.
I was so elated when it was announced that R5D4 was coming and then he was replaced for R4( which again was a blessing). I then heard he was coming in the Star Tours line, but that was squashed due to the R5 from ST was different than R5D4.

mark2d2
12-11-2002, 02:07 PM
i swear it is all some big plot against me. this is the one --- the ONLY figure i have been clamoring for ---- for many years now. My patience is at an end. Not only was he replaced by R4-M9 ---- great figure by the way, so that was some consolation. But he was also "rumored" to be the Sandcrawler pack-in. Now we're getting the Sandcrawler (Yes. YES! FINALLY!!!) But no R5-D4. It is all VERY irritating.

PS --- Droidlover, your comment about R5 scarring Anakin was hilarious. Seriously, all we'd get then would be Scarred Anakin with Mouse Droid Pack-in. It's a plot! I tell you, it all an insidious plot against me!!!