PDA

View Full Version : I met Hulk Hogan today!

QLD
12-10-2002, 07:32 PM
I just thought I would share this with everyone, even though I know most of you don't care.

Hulk Hogan has a new book out, and today he had a book signing today at Wal-Mart in Conyers, GA.

My fiance' and I went, and got there kind of early. We were about #400 and 401 in line. By the time he got there, (late because of the traffic and weather), the line was well over 600 people long. But he was very nice with everyone, and stayed until everyone got their book signed. He even took time for pictures with everyone, and even had a little time for some witty banter with my fiance as well. Oh, and Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart was there too as a nice little surprise.

Anyway, I figured I would post something positive today, instead of my usual negativity.

Anyway, here are a couple of the pictures we took.

Picture 1 (http://xpupload.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=42391c81-64f7-4c62-b2c3-1c5830d83d3e&size=lg)

Picture 2 (http://xpupload.hpphoto.com/servlet/LinkPhoto?GUID=734f5abf-144d-6f14-1088-4e0f6b7b7146&size=lg)

derek
12-10-2002, 10:34 PM
congrats QLD!!!:D

if i had been there, i would of said,"HEY THUNDERLIPS!!! IT'S ALL FAKE MEATBALL!!! WHY'D YOU LET ROCKY THROW YOU OUT OF THE RING???"

that's from rocky 3, for the un-informed.:)

Fulit
12-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
Hulk Hogan has a new book out, and today he had a book singing today at Wal-Mart in Conyers, GA.

The question is, could it carry a tune?

Sorry, QLD, I couldn't resist the joke a switch between "n" and "g" in "signing" provided.

That's cool that you met the Hulk though. I haven't watched wrestling in, like 10 years (Ok, 5), but I'd jump at a chance to meet the Hulkster. So long as I could hold him in a headlock long enough for him to promise to never make another commercial with ALF. ;)

Jedi Master Silas
12-11-2002, 10:52 AM
Cool pics QLD! I like The Hulkster too.;)

Fulit
12-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Oh, sure edit your post and make my book "singing" joke irrevalant. Oh, well it probably was anyway. I love a good typo. I must be the only one.:p

QLD
12-11-2002, 12:50 PM
No, i make fun of typos all the time! :P

But I hate when I make them, so I fixed it.

But now that it makes you look silly, I like that too! j/k
You should have quoted me!

Fulit
12-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

You should have quoted me!

D'oh! Too late now. Hey, did Hulk call you "dude" or "brother" when you met him? He likes to use those words a lot, I've noticed.

QLD
12-11-2002, 01:14 PM
If i recall correctly. He did in fact use both. Although when he said brother, he said, "Oh brother!" when talking about my insane fiance'.

He said hey dude when I shook his hand.

;)

Patient Zero
12-11-2002, 04:28 PM
Forget about HH! Did you get to meet Alf????

QLD
12-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Unfortunately, Alf was not there!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-11-2002, 07:18 PM
Hulk Hogan is one of my childhood heroes. You are one lucky "brother," QLD.

plasticfetish
12-11-2002, 11:05 PM
That's pretty cool that you gut to meet the Hulkster.
He's a good guy ... I worked with him on some stuff a few years back and he was super cool. He was an easy going and funny guy ... it was like working with one of my uncles or something ... except, well ... it's the Hulkster.

QLD
12-13-2002, 02:59 PM
What did you work with him on?

Mr. Nanny? Santa With Muscles?

Just curious. :)

I was very impressed with him, because I read a lot of things that presented him as a "diva". But it goes to show you can't necessarily believe everything you read.

plasticfetish
12-13-2002, 04:50 PM
Ummm ... well ... errr ... yeah, it was "Santa with Muscles" (a little embarrassed) and then a while later I worked with him on a "Three Ninjas" movie. No, he wasn't typical diva material ... he's for sure a guy that doesn't want to be pushed around, which you have to respect, but other than that he's pretty much a regular person. The Santa movie was awful to work on ... I spent a lot of time on-set with him and he was pretty sympathetic about the whole thing. A year later I show up to do the "Ninjas" movie, (had no idea he was in it) ... and the first time he sees me, he's like "Hey Brother!" As if it's nothing that he's run into me a year later in a different state on a new film ... same old same old. Cool, funny guy.

haggis
12-14-2002, 06:06 PM
That's awesome! Hope the Hulkster has another go round in the ring before he hangs 'em up for good. Is the book any good or just another 'ghostwriter' job?