PDA

View Full Version : Accessory Sets

Sentinel18725
12-10-2002, 07:46 PM
Why were the second wave so difficult to find? I think I'm getting them for Christmas.:) I was told not to bid on any online.

Beast
12-10-2002, 07:54 PM
Stores over-ordered the first wave, and they didn't sell all that well. Since the racks were packed with them from the first wave, they didn't have any room for the second wave. So most stores never even got any in. They were easier to find from online retailers at the time. Now they are very difficult to find for a decent price. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aceguide
12-17-2002, 08:00 AM
It's a shame. The second wave of accessory sets were very cool. The Hyperdrive Repair and Pod Fueling are high on my list of needs.

I have been a big fan of the accessory sets ever since the mail-away vintage. They add a lot to the playability of figs, and are usually very cool.

The new sets do a good job - especially with the pack-in.

plo_koon
12-30-2002, 02:22 PM
I was lucky with these. Well sort of.... I was able to stroll into Toys R' Us in 2000 and find one drop-dead mint Naboo Starship and a beat up one that I opened for my display dioramas. The best part? They were BOTH marked down to $44.95!!! I found ONLY ONE hyperdrive repair kit at that store and I found that it interacts with the starship. I found the rest online just a few weeks ago.

Banthaholic
01-03-2003, 11:33 PM
I find myself fortunate, I picked up the Hyperdrive Repair Kit recently, and thus completing my EP1 accessory sets. I got it for a bit more than I would like, although this set rarely shows up on ebay and isn't readily stocked in online shelves, so I suppose my time is worth the extra $$$.

JediDBM
01-06-2003, 09:55 PM
was the hyperdrive repair kit a TRU exclusive, long with the rest of the accessary kits?

Sentinel18725
01-06-2003, 10:39 PM
No the hyperdrive and the other set 2 were not TRU exclusives.....AND YES I GOT THEM FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! It's about time....now, only need the Hanger playset and I have ALL E1 stuff!

JediDBM
01-07-2003, 10:12 AM
Sentinel18725: Impressive! Most impressive, but you are not a jedi yet... I am still looking for throne room Amidala and now these accessary kits to complete TPM collection. I tell ya, just when I think I am getting close to having it all, something new pops up...