PDA

View Full Version : How do I....

drizzit
12-10-2002, 11:13 PM
I have downloaded assorted Star Wars sounds from Screen Themes. I want to use these sounds when I open a window or close a window etc. My question is how do I do this. I know someone out there knows how to do this or can direct me to a website that will teach me how to do it. Any help would be great. Thanks.

darthvyn
12-10-2002, 11:52 PM
this all depends on which OS (operating system) you are using... on a windows based platform, i can help you... on a mac, no chance in hell from me...

also, it depends slightly on your version... but you should be able to access your sounds in "control panel" - go to the start button, open up the start menu, and you should see one of your choices as "control panel" - in this new window, there should be some icon that has to do with sounds. in windows xp, i know it's labeled "sounds and audio devices." in xp, once again, you click the second tab, "sounds" - here you can see all the default windows sounds, and also point to new ones for certain actions, by clicking the "browse" button, and looking for the sounds you downloaded... this might be a bit confusing, i don't know, but i hope i helped!

drizzit
12-11-2002, 09:11 AM
I am using windows xp. I will give it a try. The way you spell it out, makes it seem so easy. Thanks for the help.