PDA

View Full Version : Marching up the ramp

Jedi Clint
11-05-2001, 04:36 PM
Anyone else think that the characters marching up the ramp lacked a bit of detail?

Side note - My guess at this scene's place in the film: It takes place on Kamino daytime when Yoda is there to get the clones to help in the fight against Dooku's forces on Geonosis.

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-05-2001, 05:42 PM
sounds agreeable...somewhat...they don't have too much deatail, but have some...

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 08:10 PM
My guess for the lack of detail is because the shot isn't finished yet, hopefully we'll see in much more detail in the finished picture.

It is an awesome (I know I'm saying AWESOME alot but its the best single word) shot with deep fore-shadowing into the original films.

master jedi
11-05-2001, 11:17 PM
I think they lacked a bit of detail. The trailer is great and spoilerific. I can't wait to see the movie.

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 11:39 PM
Movie screens are very large and our computer monitors are very small.

I doubt they lacked detail.

They're STORMTROOPERS!

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 12:49 AM
No, not StormTroopers but CloneTroopers. StormTroopers will evolve later.

OC47150
11-06-2001, 08:12 AM
I think Co Jo-Da is right, the life forms are earlier versions of stormtroopers.

xboywonder
11-06-2001, 02:01 PM
Are Stormtrooper supposed to be clones??

Jargo
11-06-2001, 02:11 PM
they're just white clad figures done in lo-res because Lucas doesn't think we notice the glaring mistakes and background detail. Didn't you guys know that? :rolleyes:
We're supposed to be in awe of the scale of the operation to load thousands of clonetroopers onto giant ships. Like OOH! WOW! GOSH! something like that... :p

I thought the smaller gunships looked cool i keep trying to look past the troopers to the small ships behind them. Very cool and very much the toy I want come may 22. :D

master jedi
11-06-2001, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder
Are Stormtrooper supposed to be clones??
I think they are.

From what I've heard a clone trooper is a cross between the design of Jango Fetts traditional Mandalorian armor and Stormtrooper armor.

OC47150
11-06-2001, 05:33 PM
OK, I know I'm putting too much thought into this but in the Star Wars Tales from the Mos Eisley cantina book, there is a story about a stormtrooper recruit. And in one of Kevin Anderson's Jedi Academy books, Kyp Durren's brother is a recruit on Cardia.

Doesn't that put a hole in the clone theory for later on, like by the time of ANH? Just something to think about.

Jargo
11-06-2001, 07:48 PM
They only need clones to build the army up in the first place ready for mass ataack and suppresion of whoever the enemy is/was. After that you can begin normal recruitment and phase out the expensive cloning procedures. Cut costs by using local dumbnuts stupid enough to sign up. This is why stormtroopers have poor aim, they are just idiot farmboys who thought it would be cool to go recruit and wear that cool armour and get a free blaster and a bed for the night etc. That's why the stormies are so dispensible. Clones cost money and the alternative is cheaper local labour. Follow? glad you did. :)

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
This is why stormtroopers have poor aim, they are just idiot farmboys who thought it would be cool to go recruit and wear that cool armour and get a free blaster and a bed for the night etc. That's why the stormies are so dispensible. Clones cost money and the alternative is cheaper local labour. Follow? glad you did. :)

I think they will always have clones in the ranks. Think if the Emperor had a bad recruiting year, how would you keep up you numbers? After all the galaxy is a really big place.

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 11:46 PM
Take a look for you-self.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Ships.jpg

GNT
11-07-2001, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I can't wait to see the movie.

I can't wait either :) I like this scene,its different :)

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 02:12 AM
Not only different but very dark...the whole teaser has a very, very dark over tone and Episode III is suppost to be even more darker. MAN, I CAN'T WAIT FOR EPISODE II AND III.

OC47150
11-07-2001, 08:37 AM
It would make sense to have clones in the cadre (sergeants and stuff) and have farmboys as the groundpounders and cannon fodder for the Empire.