PDA

View Full Version : New Collection 1 Pictures

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 09:41 AM
Hasbro has added pictures of Anakin, Boba and the new R2 along with a small list of confirmed figures.

Here's the main Hasbro page:
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=94

Anakin - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=188
Boba Fett - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=189
R2-D2 - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=190

I'd attach the images to the thread, but for some reason the option to save them in jpeg won't come up.

Other confirmed figures:
Han Solo in Hoth Gear ('03 #13)
Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt ('03 #14)
Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi ('03 #17)
Darth Vader from Return of the Jedi ('03 #18)
Snowtrooper ('03 #19)

The R2 looks dissapointing, what's with those rods coming out of it? :eek: Boba and Anakin look a little better but not that much better.

*Sigh* The Snowtrooper is collection 1... so it'll probably be ruined by quick draw action. :mad: :cry: :frus: It's a needed resculpt of the figure, why can't they just leave it alone?! Same goes for Vader, Luke, Chewie (he won't have 3PO to fall back on) and Han.

Old Fossil
12-11-2002, 09:46 AM
God, I wonder if this Jedi Luke can possibly live up to our expectations??? He's on nearly everyone's "want list" around here. I know he's #2 on mine!

Hopefully he and Hoth Han and the Snowtrooper will blow away all our expectations. Can't wait for the images!!!

Rogue II
12-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Yeah, what's that thing sticking out of R2?

I'm sure plenty of people will hate the ROTJ Luke no matter how good it is.

I wonder what the chances are of Hasbro giving Han a removeable hood. I hope the Snowtroopers come out nice. I was hoping to pick up a few.

187-Maul
12-11-2002, 09:58 AM
damn, looks like we wrote out threads at the same time
could someone please merge them?

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 09:59 AM
I'm guessing they'll be something like total control Mace.. :( Looking closer at the legs, doesn't look like we'll be able to move his legs as they're molded to the main body. The rockets I think are gonna be able to slide up to fold out, considering there are little buttons on front of R2's legs under the shoulder bumps, I'm guessing that's why the legs are molded to the body. Hopefully it'll get better though, the feet have blue colored pins (too blue to be caused by reflection from the vanilla ice effect) so it's very much just a prototype.

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 10:00 AM
I had written in a similar thread: "What is that thing sticking out between Artoo's legs??? :eek:" I totally don't get that. I'm certain that it has something to do with the little "flying" gimmick "string-thingy" that he's got going on. I hate the head sculpt. It looks terrible. All I have to say is that his eye better light up or something for as poor as that looks. The overall figure is fine, but there are just some things I don't understand about it.

The other thread will probably be merged with this one.

Fulit
12-11-2002, 10:22 AM
Why does Hasbro insist on putting action poses on figures that were practically standing still during the movie? Is Wedding Dress Padme going to have a blaster, blast effect, and her veil blowing in the wind with an action stance?

Anakin Naboo Wedding is a pretty good looking figure, but who gets married with a lightsaber in hand, standing like they're ready for war? Don't answer that.

aikman
12-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Hey , how about a new tatooine luke with

'i cant believe you blew another $5 on me action feature'

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Oh... My... Gawd... It looks like R2 is well hung- with that string. Why do we need a goofy string to make him appear to fly? Will he be strung up in the bubble to apprear flying? Will all the ships now have a string on them so we know they are supposed to fly? Just kinda silly and unneccessary to me. The head sculpt looks like a hand-painted first run, so maybe hte final version will be better. And BTW- what IS that thing between R2's legs? I guess now we can offically call R2 a "He". :sur:

=MATT=

aikman
12-11-2002, 10:41 AM
MIB collector naw, completists nahhh,
I'm going to turn into a rehash collector.
I will only buy rehashed figures from now on .

Oh wait a second, that means then that I will just end up rebuying everything I already have since just about everything is being redone several times over...

droidekas2
12-11-2002, 11:25 AM
Yes!! 3 more figures I dont need to buy!! More of my money Hasbro has lost out on!!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-11-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Why does Hasbro insist on putting action poses on figures that were practically standing still during the movie? Is Wedding Dress Padme going to have a blaster, blast effect, and her veil blowing in the wind with an action stance?

LOL That was great. I hope Wedding Padme does come with a blaster w/ blaster effect. Maybe she can have some "battle damage" too, like a leg or limb comes off. Maybe she can split in half like that Two-Pack Darth Maul figure!

I think the new figures look pretty good. People can complain and moan all they want though, regardless of how good the figure is. These are just prototypes anyway. cheers! :D

droidekas2
12-11-2002, 11:40 AM
Partner, the thing coming out of R2s head is a string which probably winds up stored inside the figure somehow. The top part of the string has some kind of hooking mechanism so that you can fasten it to some stationary object. "The thing hanging between his legs", well after you have fastened the other end you grab the rod between his legs and give it a light tug and R2 will zoom off, up the length of the string, like he is flying. Did you understand that? :p

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 11:47 AM
If someone tugs on my "thing" I'd go flying, too! Figuratively speaking, of course... (no pun) :crazed:

stillakid
12-11-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Hasbro has added pictures of Anakin, Boba and the new R2 along with a small list of confirmed figures.

Here's the main Hasbro page:
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=94

Anakin - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=188
Boba Fett - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=189
R2-D2 - http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=190

I'd attach the images to the thread, but for some reason the option to save them in jpeg won't come up.

Other confirmed figures:
Han Solo in Hoth Gear ('03 #13)
Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt ('03 #14)
Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi ('03 #17)
Darth Vader from Return of the Jedi ('03 #18)
Snowtrooper ('03 #19)

The R2 looks dissapointing, what's with those rods coming out of it? :eek: Boba and Anakin look a little better but not that much better.

*Sigh* The Snowtrooper is collection 1... so it'll probably be ruined by quick draw action. :mad: :cry: :frus: It's a needed resculpt of the figure, why can't they just leave it alone?! Same goes for Vader, Luke, Chewie (he won't have 3PO to fall back on) and Han.

Resculpt, resculpt, resculpt...

The odds of completing the Cantina and Jabba's Palace as well as seeing more Pod Racers from Ep 1 dwindle with every freakin' resculpt.:(

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 12:10 PM
Okay... upon closer inspection of the Artoo pic: The legs are moulded to the body; the feet have articulation; the boosters appear to pop back into the body; it seems that the head may turn to "activate" the boosters.

Well... what are YOUR thoughts on the details of the figure?

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Eh, it's ok. The details aren't very high, and the buttons on the legs I think will active the boosters to fold out. The thing on the bottom looks like a pogo-stick or a...Noo..no no..they didn't... NO! It looks like a blaster cannon! And we thought the cannons on R5-D4 were bad...yeesh. :zzz:

The effects I hope get a little better, right now not only do they look really sad when crooked, but it makes me wonder if R2 is gonna come with a vanilla ice recording.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
12-11-2002, 12:54 PM
These look awesome! I want that Boba Fett!

Fulit
12-11-2002, 01:27 PM
That Boba Fett is pretty sweet looking, though I might have to remove that butt-flame he's got going on there. You'd think it would scorch Boba's drawers, wouldn't you?

Rogue II
12-11-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm sure Boba Fett wears flame proof boxers.

I had a flame like that once, I ate chilie and hot wings for lunch and dinner. WOOO WEEE! I sure wish I had a pair of those boxers that day...

Prince Xizor
12-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Well the Anakin and Boba aren't new pictures, they are the same that came in that collector's magazine. I like them both, and plan on getting them.

I don't know what the hell to say about R2 though. My guess on his "rod" is that it's a pogo stick thingy of some kind. You push something, and his stick makes him go flying. I will have to wait and see before deciding on that one.

Jargo
12-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Theory: the 'thing' between R2's legs would be the grappling magnet thing he uses to drag 3PO's bits together in the arena. The string comes out the back of R2 and the silver part is the bit that has a magnet in it so it can pull the 3PO from the deluxe pack around via the magnet in the top of 3PO's head. In this pic the string is displayed wrong.

Or as Droideka2 said it's some kind of rappel line affair that stretches between two points and R2 can be 'flown' along it. The silver piece is matched at the other end by a similar piece and both pieces somehow attach to the geo arena playset.

Pure conjecture on my part. I don't think this R2 looks any worse than any recent R2, in fact it looks better than the previous SAGA R2 IMO. I have no need of a flying R2 but I'll probably buy it because I always do buy every single R2 sculpt exept that appaling lightsaber vomiting one with the elephantitis middle leg. EEEUW too nasty!

Anakin looks better with the lighter background to the pic, shame about the macarena pose but what can you do when you know there's going to be six hundred more Anakin figures released, one more poor one doesn't hurt right now.

Boba Fett is cool. I like this sculpt even if it does appear to be made of reject parts from Jango and 300th Fett. Looking so cool i can ignore the quickspasm gimmick altogether and just gaze at his majesty.... okay coolness then. This is one I'll actively hunt out with fervour. I really do hope they release Slave-1 with ESB colors now. This Boba Fett deserves his ship now. Screw Jango schmango Fett and his garish blue colors Slave-1, I want the OT color scheme on the improved sculpt version, sans the dumb bomb dropping feature of course, keep the missile firing thing with cover and ditch the rotating blast damage that didn;'t feature anyway after all.
This Fett is cool again in my books. Whetting my appetite for more Fett in EPIII.

Beast
12-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Anakin looks great, alot better then the picture that was infront of a black background. No mention of a interchangable arm, but I'm pretty sure it has one. The robo-arm seems to have a bit more gap then a normal joint. The force-push hand is articulated at the wrist, so you can put the arm down and have the hand more at his side for the wedding scene.

Boba Fett looks tons better, without the black background. Even the flame effect looks less pronounced. I wish they would have went more with a grey smokey color at the bottom instead of excess flames though. Great figure though, can't wait.

R2-D2 looks pretty good. I like the pop out booster rockets and the flame effects look good. The string and the lil pipe sticking out of his butt looks a bit weird though. But I'll wait and see exactly how he looks carded. If they made his butt-pipe clear and gave him a flying stand like Watto that would have been cooler. :)

I guess that also gives us confirmation of the Darth Vader from ROTJ (rumored to be removable helmet) and Snowtrooper. That means that the Galactic Hunter rumor list from a few months ago is batting 1000, lets hope the rest of those rumors are true as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-11-2002, 06:51 PM
Butt-pipe? :eek: Oh my......

Perhaps the metal hand arm on Anakin is jointed so heavily because it's magnetic and will interchange with hangar duel Anakin's arm? That would be pretty cool. It looks very similar so it's possible. The rumor said it was interchangeable but not what it interchanged with.

I like the 2003 figures more each time I look at them with the exeption still of Mace Windu's Manatu thing sticking out of his back. No doubt I'll end up buying most of the figures same as I did this year. Although I may end up leaving a few on the pegs same as this year. But mostly, gimmicks aside I think the detailing is great, it's the accuracy of detail that interests me most. I just get off on having 3D representations of stuff I only ever get to see in 2D normally. And when you think how accurate the small figures are compared to the larger doll figures and the price differential I'm glad I only collect the little figures. I think i get more for my money to be honest.

Turbowars
12-11-2002, 07:14 PM
Boba looks great! Annie is OK. I can't get excited about that kid. I hated him in the film. I will buy R2 because I love Astro droids, but the string has to go.

Darth Sidious
12-11-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
the string has to go.

That's not the only thing that needs to go my friend...

Beast
12-11-2002, 09:22 PM
Check back next week to see the first new deluxe figures for 2003.

So, we should be seeing atleast a couple of the following figures, judging by the information from the 2003 retailer lists. I bet it will most likely be the Force Power Obi-Wan and Flying Jango that they show, and probably the Commerce Guild Spider Droid. Can't wait for next weeks update. For a quick recap, here's what's rumored for 2003 in the Deluxe line so far. :)

Deluxe Wave 2 (April)
84949 Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)
84950 Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)
84957 Commerce Guild Spider Droid
84958 Droid Factory

Deluxe Wave 3 (July)
84986 Destroyer Droid Launcher
84987 Clone Trooper 4 Pack
84992 Battle Droid 3 Pack

Deluxe Wave 4 (October)
84836 Jedi Knight 3 Pack
84986 Geonosian Gun

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

FishEyedLouie
12-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Boba Fett looks dope with the Hawaiian Punch coming out of the jett's and gun.

Gotta like those "Fat Albert Shoes." He's wearing the futuristic Converse Alltstars XI. LOL....

Jargo
12-12-2002, 07:31 AM
Any bets the deluxe figures they show are Obi and Jango not the two we want to see. I'm itching to see the spider droid and CZ-1 not to mention this destroyer droid launcher thing.
If the hailfire droid is anything to go by the spider droid should be pretty sweet. CZ-1 just intrigues me since he's been on my want list forever I'm guessing he's coming in the 'take 'em apart, put 'em back together anyhow' way that deluxe Threepio did. With perhaps a few spare parts to make it interesting. Or he just comes with some kind of backdrop all junk and stuff that'll fit into the sandcrawler hold. Just thinking along Hasbro's new scene filling scheme of things.
The destroyer droid launcher is even more intriguing so I guess even though I want the other two more that's the one I want to see more.

Curiosity will kill me one day.......

187-Maul
12-12-2002, 08:00 AM
I hope the next deluxe pics will either be Obi-Wan and Jango, or the Destroyer Droid launcher (best would of course be all three)
I can't wait to see the new Obi-Wan, I hope he will have his cloak on and will be totally wet like in the battle on kamino
but what do you guys think will be his force-feature? I can't think of anything honestly that would be worth to be deluxe

JEDIpartner
12-12-2002, 09:18 AM
I know the Obi-Wan is the Kamino one, but I would have like to have seen the Obi-Wan with the Geonosis Detention device as a deluxe figure. Oh, well... I guess you can't have everything!

Sentinel18725
12-12-2002, 09:23 AM
R2's "thingy" gives a whole new meaning to C3PO saying "R2D2 Where are you?":D

JEDIpartner
12-13-2002, 08:36 AM
O...h... M...y... G...o...d...! :eek:

Jargo
12-13-2002, 02:06 PM
Head lady dale? Why whatever do you mean dear boy........? Hmmm, anyway, It's bound to crop up in some accessory set sometime that Geo detention cell jobbie. Probably the sixteenth AOTC Obi Wan will come with it. Wonder if Obi will be doiung his "oh - this is not good" slide across the floor in the deluxe set :D He could be abseiling Obi dangling on a string with a piece of kamino platform to hang him from.

jpak001
12-13-2002, 03:30 PM
The one I'm most curious about is the Jedi 3 pack. Any clues as to which Jedi are gonna be included?

Beast
12-13-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
The one I'm most curious about is the Jedi 3 pack. Any clues as to which Jedi are gonna be included?
According to the rumors that we have seen, it will be a Wookie Jedi, a Rodian Jedi, and a Human Jedi. Of course thats not confirmed and could very well change. Oh wait, I may be wrong. Originally it was a 4-pack, with Human, Rodian, Twi'lek, and Wookiee. So no clue what it may be now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-13-2002, 04:41 PM
So far there's the three pack (Jedi council) which was listed under the screen scene heading on the Galactic hunter list.

there's also a Jedi knight three pack listed under the deluxe figure heading mysteriously.

Then there's the the listing reported by rebelscum of a Jedi council twelve pack.

we already know of :
Aayla Secura,
Bariss Offee,
Coleman Trebor,
Mace Windu (basic and clone wars)
Obi-Wan (basic, clone wars and deluxe)
Anakin (basic, clone wars and w/ swoop)
Yoda (w/ Chian - Jedi youngling and clone wars)
Kit Fisto (clone wars)
Eeth Koth (basic re-issue)

So that's a possible 33 Jedi figures for 2003 and then there's fallen Jedi Count Dooku plus there's Darth Vader and Darth Sidious. Making up a large percentage of the reported stuff for next year. Personally i don't think the twelve pack is anything more than rumor and wishful thinking. I think listing two jedi 3-packs is a little strange. The screen scene i can understand but the deluxe pack, with three figures? Unless it's small Jedi like yaddle and Even Piell and Oppo 'goatboy' Rancisis. Odd listing isn't it?

Plenty for Jedi fans though even without the twelve pack. Perhaps the twelve pack is more like a playset environment containing the twelve seats of the Jedi council chamber? I could see that happening more than i could a twelve pack of figures. A jedi temple playset with council chamber and Yoda's meditation chamber and Jedi Youngling training area. Possibly a Jedi library piece as well so that threre's somewhere for the droids 2-pack to go. Actually that sounds pretty cool, too cool for Hasbro to do. :(

Paul-Kenobi
12-13-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
According to the rumors that we have seen, it will be a Wookie Jedi, a Rodian Jedi, and a Human Jedi. Of course thats not confirmed and could very well change. Oh wait, I may be wrong. Originally it was a 4-pack, with Human, Rodian, Twi'lek, and Wookiee. So no clue what it may be now. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

but Jar Jar there was no Wookie Jedi in the Arena Battle. and there are no known wookie jedi in the order.

i hope the Jedi 3 pack contains 2 human jedi and 1 alien Jedi.

that or i hope Bultar Swan is in it

Beast
12-13-2002, 08:23 PM
We didn't see a Wookie Jedi, but it doesn't mean that there wasn't one there. Besides, it's one alien Jedi that has been asked for so many times my ears are bleeding. I for one, welcome the idea of a Wookie Jedi. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-13-2002, 10:34 PM
I mentioned this before but there's a similarity in the four pack mentioned and the new Knights of the old republic game, Check the Lucasarts site and you'll find designs and screenshots of a human, a rodian a wookiee and a Twi'lek all together, i have an inkling that this set is something to do with that game. If we're getting figures from the clone wars cross platform thing then why not figures to go with the all singing all dancing game that Lucasarts are selling really really hard right now? Theory only but interesting nonetheless dontcha think?

Jargo
12-15-2002, 06:14 AM
Thinking about the Jedi temple playset, I ran a quick idea up the flagpole in the dear Hasbro section which I'd appreciate views on. Forgive the quality of the illustrations, i'm not a graphic artist so they were just one minute scrawls but they give a general sense of what I'm thinking. In fact here's the link straight there.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=204754#post204754

JEDIpartner
12-15-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Head lady dale? Why whatever do you mean dear boy........?

"Head-Lady" is the name we gave the woman in my current avatar. We were sent the picture to use in a publication and they cropped it like that- part of her chin missing and all. She looked like the severed head of a magic Gypsy woman out to put curses on people out of revenge.

Jargo
12-15-2002, 10:00 AM
YoU'rE A SicK pUpPY dALe!!!! :crazed: She looks like an innocent old lady to me. More like she's happy to be getting her cup of cocoa at bedtime than vicious vengeful old witch. ooh, off topic again, damn!

Um, Kamino.... Obi-Wan..... connectivity..... Jango Schmango..... Wet look.... erm...... something or other deluxe vs screen scene.....

I'm lost now. What's this thread about again?

JEDIpartner
12-15-2002, 10:27 AM
...she's happy to be getting her cup of cocoa at bedtime than vicious vengeful old witch

Well... perhaps her face is frozen in that moment in time when she WAS getting cocoa and her head was severed by the serving tray! :crazed:

Yeah... and that "wet look" thing... it didn't work too well with little Boba, did it?

Jargo
12-15-2002, 10:37 AM
Is that what it was? I thought it was lank and greasy. With the 'hobo special' trash can bag for a coat. That poor kid will be scarred for life after that 'likeness' and the upcoming clone boy with melon head. Poor poor kid. It isn't right to do that to someone so young. Jake Lloyd never got masacred like that... oh but he already had a melon head didn't he? Forget that remark then.

Drop kicking headbutting Obi, that's what they'll do. Some sort of launcher affair that'll send Obi into a Ninja style attack on Jango the coward who flies off like a big girly and hides behind the platform tower and fires a massive explosive device at a skinny little dude in wet robes. Jango is such a wuss really. Can't fight for toffee, has to rely on gadgets. Obi-Wan just gets stuck in there doesn't he. He's a real warrior and Jango is a dumb braindead wuss. Look how after all the times he's been aboard Slave-1 he still manages to bang his head. Dumbo!

Beast
12-16-2002, 02:36 AM
One of thr prototypes for the upcoming "Flying R2-D2" popped up on Ebay that sort of answers the questions we have. Of course it starts more. Since the suction cup thing came out of R2's back door, not his leg. I guess we'll have to wait for more answers. Nice to know it's not always visible though. I bet the string at the top, doubles as a way to hang him and as the string to the suction cup he used on C-3PO. :)

Up for grabs here is a prototype for the up and coming Star Wars Saga Flying R2D2 for 2003. R2 is in unpainted pre-production form, with copyrights/date. His middle leg retracts, and the rockets come out of his side legs. Auction includes the flames that attach to his booster rockets. He is in MINT condition, and also includes the retracting magnetic probe arm that works with the deluxe C3PO head ( as in the Geonosian Arena scene when R2 pulls C3Po's head off the battle droid body) This goes up into the middle leg! Happy Holiday's and bidding!!! Payment by USPS Money order, Paypal, or US cash! Sorry, Absolutely NO personal checks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1925849972

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
12-16-2002, 09:28 AM
Well i guessed right partly, that the apendage was the magnetic grappling device for dragging threepios parts. Okay so it was one of many theories i had but i knew i had to be right in some of what i thought. Nice idea just depends on how well it works. By the looks of it it'll work better than the rockets, they look a little clunky to me. maybe the production samples will be constructed with a more snug finish for them. Not sure if I'll buy one or not. I suppose even if i don't use one for geonosis i could customise or something. Don't know though, I'm kind of R2-D2'ed out right now. I'd have preferred an R5 droid. Some of the same with more of something new. Interesting that whoever took the pic chose to show R2's head at the least interesting point of a rotation :D kinda like he's embarrassed at having his pic taken while he's unfinished and naked without paint deco.

Rogue II
12-16-2002, 10:19 AM
. maybe the production samples will be constructed with a more snug finish for them.

Didn't we say something similar about the Trash Compactor Luke? And yet, he was released with the "just bit into a lemon" look.

Jargo
12-16-2002, 01:17 PM
Well i did say maybe. I'm fully prepared for the awful truth that perhaps it'll be a horrid little figure but until we see actual loos pictures of the final thing i'm being charitable. ;) Actually the Luke looks a lot more like something else i shouldn't mention on a family site. let's just say that desperate ladies might desire one as a substitute....... :sur:
R2 look okay for what it is. Sort of a throwaway effort to pad out a wave. With two gimmicks crammed into him he didn't really stand a chance poor thing. I would have settled for just the rocket boosters myself and done without the magnetic feature. But it's a collection one figure right so it was only to be expected.
By the time the Jedi library droids 2-pack shows up little R2 will fade into sad obscurity as far as I'm concerned. Those droids are cool. You can customise SP-4 to get a little crew of PK droids, all it needs is a new head and it's bang on the nail, same colors and everything. JN-66 is pretty cool too, reminds me of BOB from the black hole for some reason, something to do with floating and those two stunted repulsorlift bits where legs might go on an ordinary droid.

Rogue II
12-16-2002, 03:36 PM
let's just say that desperate ladies might desire one as a substitute....... :sur:

Oh, are you refering to "B.O.B."?;) :D :crazed: :eek:

I have bought all of the R2's so far, even the Episdoe I version. I don't know if I'll get this one yet. Once again, I'll have to wait until I see it in the store. I don't really need it, but I may end up getting it eventually. We'll see....

Jargo
12-16-2002, 05:05 PM
Oh, are you refering to "B.O.B."?
I'm sure I don't know what you mean by that..... :sur:

Am I right in thinking that R2-D2 in the original designs by McQuarrie had the ability to float? I know he had a face and arms but did he always have legs? And when did The Black hole get a theatrical release? Memory is getting fuzzy these days. Just thinking about the robots from the Black hole and JN-66. I'd love some 3 scale Black hole figures done with todays technology. Those cool double barrel blasters and the two robots just floating around being cool... damn! My nostalgia gene is really kicking in lately. Old age creeping up fast.

JEDIpartner
12-17-2002, 01:13 PM
Black Hole... I saw it in the theatres around the same time that "Star Trek: The Motion Picture" came out. The cold months in early 1979, I'd like to say.

Anyhow... that little thing dropping out of a retractible third leg... why??? The legs on the side of the figure are clearly not movable, so what good is having that third leg? That's just plain weird. I hope they get that head sculpt straightened out ASAP because neither the prototype nor the pic on Hasblah.com look very good.