PDA

View Full Version : More new 2003 Coll. 1 figures!

187-Maul
12-11-2002, 08:44 AM
starwars,hasbro.com has put up new pics for Anakin, Boba Fett (both already seen in earlier pics) and the new R2-D2

Anakin looks very good, the don't say anything about a removable arm though
Boba Fett also looks cool, and the color doesn't seem that bright than in the earlier pic (maybe cause it doesn't have a black background)
R2-D2 looks cool, although it's just another R2 with a small new feature (although it looks good)

it says that next week we will see new pics of the deluxe figs for 2003!
and a list of pics for figs coming soon:
Han Solo in Hoth Gear ('03 #13)
Chewbacca, Mynock Hunt ('03 #14)
Luke Skywalker from Return of the Jedi ('03 #17)
Darth Vader from Return of the Jedi ('03 #18)
Snowtrooper ('03 #19)

damn, those figs sound sweet, can't wait to see the new luke, vader and snowtrooper !

here's the link:
http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=94

and the individual links:
Anakin: http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=188
Boba Fett: http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=189
R2-D2: http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=190

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 08:50 AM
Okay... what the heck is that thing hanging between Artoo's legs???!!! :eek: Head sculpt is rotten and he's got that groovy string hanging out of his back... Pic only rating for me... C+

Banthaholic
12-11-2002, 09:24 AM
That picture does make R2 look a bit inappropriate, wonder how Hasbro doesn't notice these things.

aikman
12-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Im so sick of the same characters being released over and over.

Here come 10 boba fett figures now because they wore out the jango thing in only 6 months.

If there are any completists out there, have fun, I gave up that a while back and this isnt making me change my mind.

aikman
12-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Oh goody, lets call the next box set the overkill set.
Luke, jango, maul and a repaint landspeeder .

JEDIpartner
12-11-2002, 09:50 AM
They repainted the landspeeder in 1995... you are so silly...! :p

droidekas2
12-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Partner, the thing coming out of R2s head is a string which probably winds up stored inside the figure somehow. The top part of the string has some kind of hooking mechanism so that you can fasten it to some stationary object. "The thing hanging between his legs", well after you have fastened the other end you grab the rod between his legs and give it a light tug and R2 will zoom off, up the length of the string, like he is flying. Did you understand that?

Chiesa
12-11-2002, 12:48 PM
Neat pics I must say! I do think that the Anakin does look really good. The R2 just alittle dumb :)

Skywalker3319
12-11-2002, 02:08 PM
The Luke/Vader are prob gonna be my fav. figs since the 1st removable helmet vader and '95 release of Jedi Luke!! The boba is sweet,and I cant wait to get those three!!

:cool: :cool:

jblodgett
12-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Is it just me, or does Anakin's cloak look removable? And that right arm looks removable as well.

Tycho
12-11-2002, 02:37 PM
Hopefully Anakin's arm is removeable and the figure comes with a normal arm with a human hand that you can attach to him.

Interchangeability with the Hanger Duel Anakin might be thoughtful, but not practical. I bought almost all of my HD Anakins (save for 2 scenes) to have a human hand on him. I need more Anakins with cloaks for other scenes, but only 1 time will I need a droid hand.... I hope this figure won't require a resculpt.

But I would like an Anakin figure with a "still" cloak which hangs like Vader - such as when he's walking with Palpatine in the Chancellor's office. I love that scene!

jedihunter25
12-11-2002, 03:21 PM
Sounds good, but I'll stay away from Chewie Mynock Hunt (already have the Mynock Hunt Cinema Scene) and the Snowtrooper (already have 10 too many of them).

Beast
12-11-2002, 03:28 PM
My comments about the new figures, are in LTBasker's version of this thread. But a quick couple of comments. The Mynock Hunt Chewie from the Cinema Scene is to short though, so I'm glad they decided to do a new version. I was hoping more for Hoth to go with the Hoth Han, but ehh. :)

The current Snowtrooper is cool, but I'm sure a Saga version could be a big improvement. A soft goods waist cape would be a start for an improvement. They could also give it a soft goods mask, to keep the neck articulation. Or they could do the Snowtrooper Officer from the AT-AT cockpit with the hard plastic mask. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
12-11-2002, 04:19 PM
I love them both, but that thing between R2's legs...That's just going to give me nightmares. He must be very popular with the lady droids...

Jargo
12-12-2002, 06:37 AM
Trouble with the POTF snowtrooper is he's too darn tall. ASll the Imperials so far after POTF have been almost exactly the same height. The snowtrooper towers over all of them. A new one scaled to commtech stormtrooper height would be great especially if he's not so bulky as the POTF one. and as JJB said he has neck articulation. It would be even cooler if his helmet came off but that's unlikely. Soft goods isn't likely either but soft vinyl plastic is. Which means his cape will move unlike the POTF one. The rumor said he comes with a cannon so that'd be cool but there's also a cannon in the imperial 4-pack so who's it gonna come with or are we gonna get two?

Darth Cruel
12-12-2002, 07:00 AM
The Anakin looks to me like it should be called " Fighting Pose Wedding Anakin". I like it though.

The Boba Fett is in the pose I am always trying to get my 12" Jango Fett into. That one looks pretty cool as well. I like the way they made the stand out of the jet pack blast. That will aleviate those unsightly stand lines in a diorama. I do fear for his poseability, though.

Tycho
12-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Don't you mean "Domestic Dispute" Anakin, Darth Cruel?

There will be a deluxe version of this figure, too. He will come with a lazyboy chair, TV, and remote control.

Wedding Gown Padme will include a full trash-can that simulates a Jedi emptying it, as well as a creditcard receipt (scaled to action figure size) for new shoes and most of Padme's wardrobe changes.

The return of the CommTech chip will include Padme's lines, "How many times have I told you to take out the garbage, Annie? - There's dianogas growing in it!!!"

Meanwhile, Anakin can recline in his lazyboy and watch his favorite team, the Anoat System Raiders, while he puts on their helmet like a true fan!

His CommTech lines include: "Don't play games with me your Highness!" and "Nooo!" and "Don't fail me again!" complimented by boos and hisses from the TV set.

And you wonder why he turned to the Dark Side. :rolleyes: