PDA

View Full Version : NE1 ever watch the Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles?

mrmiller
12-11-2002, 09:48 AM
Has anyone ever watched the Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles? I saw a copy of this on DVD at a Used CD/DVD store near me, and was wondering what it was. I kinda remember hearing something about it, but never have seen it. Is it still on? What channel? Is it any good? Any info would be great.

=MATT=

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Yeah, it was a pretty good series on FOX Kids. From what I heard they didn't handle it too well by releasing episodes out of order, but the series was done in CGI and didn't go by the movie continuity if you were wondering about that.

James Boba Fettfield
12-11-2002, 01:43 PM
It was on Fox kids? When I would watch it came on at 6 am M-F, and it was on the Cincinnati UPN channel.

LTBasker
12-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Sorry, I just meant Fox but I'm used to saying Fox Kids. Here it came on Fox before Sailor Moon. (Don't remember what time it was so..)

JediTricks
12-11-2002, 05:03 PM
I watched it until it got pulled thanks to the studio forgetting about proper licensing and contracts. There was some weird problem with how they were allowed to distribute the show that gummed up the works, but they didn't find out about this until a dozen eps were already aired, or something like that.

The show was pretty cool, put the movie to shame. A very nice CG-based cartoon that had a running storyline and took its audience seriously, it's too bad it got choked to death by red tape and a crappy timeslot.