PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe: Wow this is cool!!

BanthaPoodoo
12-11-2002, 11:04 AM
Although I am pretty sure this is fake, I still think it's pretty cool. After all, I watch it every night on Cartoon Network (Toonami) & would love to have em on a media I can watch every day.

Wouldnt pay that price for it.

Word on the street is that a DVD GI Joe Box set is scheduled for release in 2003. Who knows, this may be it!

GI Joe DVD Box Set (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1980040518)

Eternal Padawan
12-14-2002, 04:56 AM
Rhino has the rights to do a G.I.Joe DVD set, similar to the Seasons of Transformers they are putting out. But they haven't yet.

This might be from a different region or something, but most likely it's something they transferred on to DVD-Rom from old VHS tapes.

Speaking of old 80's cartoons, WB is putting out a boxed set of Masters of the Universe cartoons. :)

Exhaust Port
12-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Looks like they put some work into that bootleg, rather than just the quick VHS-DVD transfer. Even so it's not worth the $185 that winner paid.

Jedi Master Silas
12-19-2002, 01:02 PM
When is the MOTU boxed set due out ?? EP will it be all the vintage toons???

DarthQuack
02-04-2009, 07:15 AM
MOTU is fully out. Too bad we couldn't get the COMPLETE GI Joe series. Hasbro you love putting DVDs in toys, how bout a real re-release.

pbarnard
02-04-2009, 12:47 PM
MOTU is fully out. Too bad we couldn't get the COMPLETE GI Joe series. Hasbro you love putting DVDs in toys, how bout a real re-release.

there's rumors floating aroung the joe sites that this maybe true to try and cash in (or at least take those who don't want to pay to see the) on the new movie. Rights are now with Sony.

El Chuxter
02-04-2009, 01:23 PM
They were with Sony, but they somehow lost them right after releasing the reissue TF:The Movie. I think Paramount is licensing them now.

DarthQuack
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Here's the link (http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Transformers-Hasbro-Reacquires-Rights/9624) where it says Hasbro got the rights to both The Transfromers G1 and G.I. Joe. So I'm hopeful that they will get their butt in gear and bring it back out of OOP status.