PDA

View Full Version : 12 inch figs on sale

Jedi Master Silas
12-11-2002, 06:18 PM
I noticed while I was at Kmart that they have marked the 12 inch Zam, Dooku and SBD down to $16.

derek
12-11-2002, 06:26 PM
hear that jeditricks? you can now get a super battledroid!:D

i'll probably pick up a few as well.;)

JediTricks
12-12-2002, 08:06 PM
derek, I have to wait till after xmas because of finances, plus I'm hoping for a little lower, but I will keep this in mind.

mini-rock
12-24-2002, 09:25 PM
I was at Wal-Mart last night at about 1a.m. and the new wave was priced at $9.99 and I thought for sure they were mispriced. Do all Wal-Mart's have these discounted?

Jedi Master Silas
12-27-2002, 06:59 PM
Mine doesnt...they are still regular price. As a matter of fact My Wally world still has the Death Star Droid 12" wave still at Regular price.

JediTricks
12-27-2002, 09:39 PM
My TRU still has 12" plastic Chewbacca for full price. ;) I looked yesterday for these and for Ultimate Jango at lesser prices, but no dice. Anybody find more 12" deals on these pieces, please let us know. Thanks.

mini-rock
12-27-2002, 10:35 PM
JT,

www.dnstoys.com has the plastic 12" Chewie for $11.99 I believe. It's only worth it if you plan to open it though since the boxes are not in "collector" condition. The only other place I've seen it for cheap is at Yester Toy's for like $5.00 but they do not seem to have any in stock at the moment.:)

Jedi Master Silas
12-28-2002, 02:15 AM
Hey JT I think I saw the Jango for half price at Wally world here.....I dont remember where it was because I already had him. I hate the plastic Chewy although I have to admit I did buy him when he went down to 7 bucks at TRU.

mini-rock
12-28-2002, 03:44 AM
Wal-Mart.com has the Electronic Jango for 20 bucks, but the UJF is still regular price.:)

IG65
12-28-2002, 10:45 PM
Mills Fleet farm (which I believe has stores only in the Upper Midwest) had the Anakin/Obi-wan/Clonetrooper wave as well as Ultimate Jango Fett on discount. The one by me has been cleaned out but I managed to get an extra UJF if someone is interested in trading. I also scored some extra Clonetroopers that I am going to attempt to customize as the blue and green Sgt. and Lt. We'll see how it goes ;)

getoninja
12-29-2002, 12:36 PM
its wack cause all store prices nation wide are different.
my kmart has 12inchers for $17. and they have the remote control r2d2 for $59.99 (which is a good price) auctally all there starwars are on sale figs $2.99 and such.
still my walmart has their SW regular price.

here is more siteing news on cheap SW at walmart @2005 boards (TFs)
http://www.2005boards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19119

Banthaholic
12-29-2002, 10:56 PM
I did a bit of catch-me-up shopping last week
Ultimate Jango $30 at Wal-mart
Super Battledroid & Zam for $16 at K-mart
and the best deal Obi &Clonetrooper for 11.99 at K-mart

JediTricks
12-31-2002, 12:09 AM
Though far from perfect, I actually like 12" plastic Chewie, he was the first one of that wave I bought and that was at full price. Needs better articulation though, the range of motion there isn't right.

JMS, how long ago was that on Ultimate Jangles?

Tycho
12-31-2002, 01:01 AM
I would like to get 1-3 more 12" Clones for good prices. Maybe an Anakin - heck then, I'd order a cheap case of the first wave of E2's as I think a friend of mine would take the extra Kenobis off my hands - and I might even want one now to go with my custom Jango Fett.

mini-rock
12-31-2002, 01:09 AM
I'm heading to Wal-Mart tonight about 1 or 2a.m. I'll see if the 12"ers are still the same price.:D

abell748
12-31-2002, 10:02 AM
I went to my wal-mart a couple of days ago and they had the Dooku and Dengar waves for $10. I thought it was a mistake until I took them to a price checker. I'm glad I put off buying the Dengar wave until then.

mini-rock
12-31-2002, 10:15 PM
Yup the WM near me still has the 12" figs for 9.99 but the 3 3/4 figs are still reg price.

JediBoulton
01-06-2003, 12:54 PM
Another FYI -- I just went to www.target.com and found 12" Luke with speederbike for $39.99. Not a bad price for someone who may want to customize a 12" Clonetrooper with speederbike.

Just thought I would mention.

IG65
01-07-2003, 10:13 PM
Would anyone with a WM that has the Dengar wave for $10 be willing to pick up a set for trade or cash? PM me and we can talk details. Thanks :D

Ook
01-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by IG65
Would anyone with a WM that has the Dengar wave for $10 be willing to pick up a set for trade or cash? PM me and we can talk details. Thanks :D
I don't know if my Walmart still has them, but do you happen to have a MIB 12" Jedi Luke of 4-LOM to trade?

mini-rock
01-08-2003, 12:51 AM
The WM near me only has the 12" Jango left for reg. price I believe. If I come across anything though I'll be sure to PM you IG65.:D

kool-aid killer
01-08-2003, 12:14 PM
A Kaybee store near my house is closing but everything still in the store is 50% off. I dont collect 12 inch figures but i believe i seen two clone commanders earlier today. If anybody is interested in one please let me know i would be willing to go back and pick them up if somebody would trade me a LOTR faramir or gondolorian ranger.

Old Fossil
01-09-2003, 10:55 AM
My WM has 12" Clone Trooper, Zam, and Super Battle Droid (i.e., their remaining 12" AOTC stock) for $10 each. To my dismay, the Dengar/Zuckuss/Officer wave is still at $20.

Jedi Master Silas
01-09-2003, 01:44 PM
My WM is selling the Dooku wave and the Dengar wave for 12 bucks apiece and have dropped alot of the lego sets down a few bucks to.

IG65
01-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by vadersfist
I don't know if my Walmart still has them, but do you happen to have a MIB 12" Jedi Luke of 4-LOM to trade?

I'm afraid I don't. But I do have a couple of Ultimate Jango Fetts, some Ki Adi-Mundis, a Battle Droid Commander from EP1, and a few others. I may even have a loose Scout Trooper, I'll have to look. I also have some vintage and newer ships.

getoninja
01-11-2003, 02:13 AM
my walmart might have dengar wave. gotta check,,anyways what are u willn to tade for the ultimate jango fett or any 12inch droids liek tc 14, c3po death star droid, loose dosent matter

Jayspawn
01-12-2003, 08:47 AM
I picked up a 12" Zuckuss for $8 even at one of my Wal-Marts. I then went over to the Super Wal-Mart and they had the full Dengar wave for $12. A little more but still a good price.

TheDarthVader
01-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Lucky!! My wal-mart still has both waves for full price $19.96

Tycho
01-13-2003, 06:11 PM
Guys, and DEREK (my co-moderator for this forum):

usually trading and some buyer feedback (kind of like trade references on e-Bay) is done in our trading forum section.

I choose to only remind people that it's better to use that section to trade in, so you can see what others have said about a forum user's trade reliability.

That being said, I think this thread can be left alone and go on as it is, since the topic is about grabbing discount 12" figures.

Most of you should post your wants if you're looking for something discounted, and then use private messages to do your transactions, versus this thread.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a 12" regular Clone Trooper that's cheap myself (that is it comes out to around 20 bucks AFTER shipping and handling to me). I can find it in online stores for $19.99 plus s&h I think. I'll try later.

Obi-Wan and Anakin might be an interest, too. But only if they're really cheap. Ki-Adi Mundi for 4 bucks (I don't need one) is one way of describing what I think is really cheap :) $10 for a twelve inch, too.

kanabrew
01-15-2003, 11:10 AM
Remote control R2D2 at Target...$49.98 Syracuse NY

JediDBM
01-16-2003, 05:42 PM
Just saw my first 12" clone troopers. A red one and a yellow one, very cool

derek
02-05-2003, 05:57 PM
i was at kb toys today and they have the 12" jango fett for $19.99, marked down from $49.99. not all of the price-tags were marked down, but it did ring up for $19.99, which it should of sold for to begin with. i've already got 3 jangos, but another couldn't hurt.:) i left 2 for my fellow collectors.;)

JediTricks
02-05-2003, 08:31 PM
Thanks Derek, I'll check my local KBs. The one I was at yesterday only had Dooku, SBD, and Zam - though they were on sale for $10 (I woulda bought the SBD except I was out of cash).

bobafrett
02-06-2003, 12:46 AM
I couldn't believe it, but tonight I went into my local Wal-Mart. They usually have the new boxed toys there on pallets, at least in this area. They pull the pallets out to the floor while there are still customers shopping. It's a **** poor way to do things, but anyway, I was looking at the Star Wars section, and what do I see but the 12" Boss Nass, and 12" Sebulba! I bought them, even though they were still at full price. They had some dust on them, and I noticed that they were remodeling the store. So I assume, when they were remodeling the toy department, they probably found those up on the riser buried behind some other toys.

Going to go check out my local KB in the morning.

mini-rock
02-19-2003, 02:50 AM
Was at WM earlier today in the Centrailia/Chehalis WA area and they had all the SW 12" figs on sale for 7 bucks. I saw Dooku, Dengar, Imperial Officer, Jango, Zam, & Zuckuss.

Ook
02-19-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Was at WM earlier today in the Centrailia/Chehalis WA area and they had all the SW 12" figs on sale for 7 bucks. I saw Dooku, Dengar, Imperial Officer, Jango, Zam, & Zuckuss.
I have to stop reading this thread. It makes me :cry:

fettbounty
02-21-2003, 07:12 PM
Hello All,
If there is anyone out there who can help me find the 12" Ultimate Jango Fett on sale at Wal-Mart? I've read several posts of prices ranging from $7-$19.99. If anyone has this on sale at their Wal-Mart please give me an email at masterjedi@carolina.rr.com
I would gladly pay cost plus shipping and a little gas money too.
Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Keith

Exhaust Port
02-21-2003, 11:07 PM
It's been awhile since I've seen any of the Jangos on the shelves. I think once they hit rock bottom prices they went like hot cakes. It'll be tough to find any this late in the game for sure.

Tonysmo
02-23-2003, 02:13 AM
I'll echo fettbounty on that, if anyone has an extra electronic Fett for $20, Ill gladly take one.

derek
02-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
I'll echo fettbounty on that, if anyone has an extra electronic Fett for $20, Ill gladly take one.

do you need one with a head? if not, i can hook you up!:crazed:
you can pretend it's the "final battle jango"!!!;)

mini-rock
02-24-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo

When I went back to WM they were out of the Ultimate Jango's, but I'm going again tomorrow morning, so I'll check on those electronic ones for ya.:)

Tonysmo
03-17-2003, 04:37 AM
Figured some of you guys might want in on this one.
Half off the regular price, I could'nt pass it up..

Kay Bee (http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1509119/ctid/17?_e=e75a&_v=3E75A463%2e0Ae0C5F28A5E546&ls=toys)

derek
03-17-2003, 07:39 PM
MARMIT SAND TROOPERS...........$45.00!!!!

if you've ever wanted one, but put it off because of the high price, now is your chance to get one for a very good price.............I JUST GOT 2!!!:D :crazed:

http://www.smallblueplanet.com/content/container.asp?target=productdetail&productId=10973

jpak001
03-18-2003, 08:51 AM
Derek, thanks for the link!!! I've always wanted a Marmit, but never bought one due to the usually insane prices.

I ordered my Sandtrooper last night, cant wait to get him!
Now if they could get a hold of some Marmit Boba Fett's and regular Stormtroopers for that price it would make my year!

derek
03-18-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by jpak001
Derek, thanks for the link!!! I've always wanted a Marmit, but never bought one due to the usually insane prices.

no problem!:) the real cool thing about these marmits is you can put their armor on other bodies. i don't really care for the marmit body.:)

if these guys are selling them for $45, then i wonder at what price they bought them for? this is just further proof of my theory that hasbro could easily sell these sets for $30-$40 each.

the company selling them, small blue planet, is usually kinda overpriced, so this is a really good deal.

come on hasbro, start selling these marmit sets!!!:)

mini-rock
03-18-2003, 12:48 PM
I went ahead and passed on this. The Marmit's just don't interest me, but that is a really good deal.:)

Ook
03-18-2003, 03:49 PM
Holy Christ, these are unopened?!!

derek
03-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Holy Christ, these are unopened?!!

yep, and now sold out!:D ;)

bobafrett
03-18-2003, 09:06 PM
Oh great, I went to check my credit cards available credit, and then had to see what I still had on backorder from EE, because money is tight this month. Looks like I waited to long to order one of the Marmit (sp?) sandtroopers. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

BTW, I saw Targets in my area have all the 12" figures on sale for $13.85!

derek
03-20-2003, 08:53 AM
looks like entertainment earth is blowing these out as well! this is wierd!:crazed:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTS6&variation=&lg=1

bobafrett
03-20-2003, 09:22 AM
Thanks Derek, I got one this time at EE!

Ook
03-20-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by derek
looks like entertainment earth is blowing these out as well! this is wierd!:crazed:

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTS6&variation=&lg=1
Gee, maybe they're crap...

Man, I hope Vader comes out. I think I'll start saving the $150 now. That's one fig that's gotta be worth it!

Super Serg
03-20-2003, 10:57 AM
These are in NO WAY "crap"!
They're the BEST 12" Star Wars figures ... EVER MADE!
(i'm talking about the whole Marmit line)

My source says that the problem (which is lucky for us) is that
they've already come out with 2 complete runs of the orange &
black paldron troopers & now the whites (which are these) are
just sitting in Japanese stores collecting dust. Store owners &
distributors alike are making a quick yen by shipping these over
to us. Grab 'em while you can, cuz once they're gone... they're
gone!

And enjoy this cuz you won't be seeing any regular Stormtroopers
or Boba Fetts at such a great price. (even though I keep wishing)
;)

*SS*

Ook
03-20-2003, 11:03 AM
My source says that the problem (which is lucky for us) is that
they've already come out with 2 complete runs of the orange &
black paldron troopers & now the whites (which are these) are
just sitting in Japanese stores collecting

Yeah, that figures.

dustAnd enjoy this cuz you won't be seeing any regular Stormtroopers
or Boba Fetts at such a great price. (even though I keep wishing)

:cry:

I want Vader....

------

Just ordered Sarge. :) My first Marmit, whoop!

bobafrett
03-20-2003, 11:30 AM
This will be my first Marmit too! They look awesome, but I'd really like to get my hands on a regular stormtrooper, I wonder why?

jpak001
03-20-2003, 11:35 AM
Nice costume bobafrett! Very cool indeed!

This will be my first Marmit too. I really. really want a Fett but at $130 - 200 ? ouch! I thought they were scrapping the Vader cause hasbro pulled marmits rights to SW. i hope that's not true, 'cause I'm sure a Marmit Vader would be the ultimate Vader figure (I WOULD actually pay $150 for that!)

Hey Derek,
You would probably know this = Is it possible to customize this Sandtrooper into a regular Stormtrooper?

bobafrett
03-20-2003, 11:41 AM
A little off the subject, but I wouldn't be suprised if Lucas pulled marmits rights to SW, as they did something like that with the Hamilton plates. I was collecting the Heroes and Villians line, and the last plate was supposed to be of Jabba. When I received nothing from Hamilton, I called and I was told that their license was pulled, so their would be no Jabba plate.

Thanks for the compliment jpak001!

Exhaust Port
03-20-2003, 01:21 PM
This is awesome! The Marmit figures were always a cut above the rest but the big factor for not buying one was the price. With this kind of price reduction, you can't go wrong. Heck, the Ultimate Jango cost nearly this much when it came out and the Marmit's are even better than that great figure. I can't wait to get mine. Now I only wish I could afford more than one. :)

derek
03-20-2003, 02:49 PM
Hey Derek,
You would probably know this = Is it possible to customize this Sandtrooper into a regular Stormtrooper?

sure.:)

really all you need to do is leave off the "shoulder pad".

i've been thinking of getting some paint remover and try to remove the "dirt" that's on the trooper. it looks like it would come off easily.

the only problem is that the sandtrooper comes with a long rifle instead of the blaster pistol.:)

jpak001
03-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Right on, thanks :)!

I figured as much. The thing I was curious about is if there's any different molding on the back to hold his backpack. I guess I'll find out soon enough! ;)

derek
03-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by jpak001
Right on, thanks :)!

I figured as much. The thing I was curious about is if there's any different molding on the back to hold his backpack. I guess I'll find out soon enough! ;)

the back pack is held on by straps, that you have to glue or sew onto the pack. this isn't like hasbro's stuff that has a hole on the figure for the backpack to fit into.:)

jpak001
03-20-2003, 04:24 PM
Sweet :cool: !

Now I'll have to see if I can get another one!

Ook
03-20-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by derek
the back pack is held on by straps, that you have to glue or sew onto the pack. this isn't like hasbro's stuff that has a hole on the figure for the backpack to fit into.:)
Wow. Is there any painting involved??

derek
03-20-2003, 06:14 PM
Wow. Is there any painting involved??

nope, no painting.

the only things that are kinda a pain are gluing the straps on the shoulder pads. i've sometimes had a hard time getting the elastic straps to stay glued to the plastic.

the sandtrooper with the white shoulder pad comes with his back pack fully assembled, except for the straps. the orange pad trooper's back pack is in about 10 pieces that have to be glued together.

the armor is a snug fit, so you'll need to heat it up with a hair dryer (or boiling water, which i suggest.:)), before putting it on the figure.

on a side note, if you want to put the armor on a body other than the marmit body, just boil the helmet and pull out the liner and, presto, you have a fully functional helmet. don't like it that way, re-boil it and put the liner back in the hemet.:)

Ook
03-20-2003, 07:13 PM
Thanks.

jpak001
03-21-2003, 01:20 AM
Ok, I went and got one today at Entertainment Earth (I live right next to the joint). Just couldn't pass up such a great price. I ordered one from small blue planet before they sold out, but got the extra to customize into a regular Stormtrooper. Puting the Sandtrooper together was a bit more work that I thought it would be, but it sure looks great. You have to:

Glue three straps on the shoulder armor (one on each to hold it on the arm, and one connecting them together for support)

Glue a strap on the shoulder pauldron

Glue two straps on the backpack

Glue velcro to the chestplate and bodysuit (I didn't bother doing this, it didn't really seem necessary)

Work those extremely snug peices of armor on (which is actually pretty tough to do without damaging the body suit) I ended up trimming the feet out of the body suit to make it easier.

Be careful when puting the armor on, I accidentaly broke off the right side belt pouch while doing this (easy to glue back on luckily). I used good old Super Glue, and that worked just fine. Didn't have any problems gluing the straps on at all. As far as customizing it into a reg stormy, there is a bit more to it if you want an acurate version. I'm going to try and get a loose regular Hasbro one to sacrifice for parts. The Sandtrooper has black belt pouches intstead of those white flaps, he doesn't have that cannister on his lower back (or belt?), and like derek said he doesn't come with the regular blaster. My custom will need that as well :D !

Oh yeah, I also didn't do the backpack straps yet. I'm gonna get some better straps from a miltary uniform set. Think it would look better that way (the Marmit comes with a few rubber and elastic pieces).

Like I said earlier though, it looks great! Definitely worth the work, and way more impressive looking than the Hasbro one!:cool:

bobafrett
03-21-2003, 01:35 AM
jpak001, you say you live right next to EE? How cool is that! Although, I did get an e-mail today, stating that I wasn't going to get the 12" Plo Kloon figure I pre-ordered from EE. See the 12" Plo Kloon thread.

jpak001
03-21-2003, 02:02 AM
Yeah, they're pretty nice folks too!

It's kind of a different shopping experience though. They have a small lobby with a few shelves of figures and stuff, and the rest of the goods are in the warehouse. You have to order it from the desk person and they go get it for you.

bobafrett
03-21-2003, 07:40 AM
How "next door" do you live? Could you stop by and see if they have a Plo Kloon? I'd pay you to ship it to me!

jpak001
03-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Hey bobafrett, I'm about ten minutes away from there. But they really are all out of Plo Koons. I asked the guy there yesterday when I got my Sandtrooper, he said they would not be getting anymore in either :cry: .

Sorry bud, like Derek said in the Plo Koon thread, your best bet for right now is ebay (though they are a little pricey on ebay right now). I bet they'll show up somewhere else eventually though (probably on clearance too). I'm just gonna be patient and wait!

bobafrett
03-21-2003, 12:47 PM
Hopefully, I will still get my Boba Fett mini bust. Thanks anyway. I would try eBay, but money is a little tight for the next couple of months. I'll just wait to see if they come up on clearance somewhere.

bobafrett
03-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Got my Marmit Sandtrooper from EE today! I'm almost afraid to take him out of the box!

jpak001
03-28-2003, 09:08 AM
I just got my second Sandtrooper yesterday too! This ones going to be customized into a Han Stormtrooper (w/parts from the POTJ Han Stormy).

I'm a little nervous about messing with the Marmit, but I think it'll look cool when done! I'm still deciding if he's going to be a dirty "post trash compactor", or clean shiny version though...

Tycho
03-28-2003, 01:19 PM
Can someone familiar with Kir Kanos, the Royal Guardsman from Crimson Empire tell me if the sandtrooper's armor can easily be painted red, to make Royal Guard's armor under the cloak.

This could solve my custom problem. Then all I'd need is a Royal Guard helmet, Max Steele (Kir Kanos' closest look-a-like) and a red cloak.

Perhaps the RG helmet can be molded, or I can find a loose POTF2 one being sold cheap - and just add Max's head and the Sandtrooper armor (red) to that...

Kir Kanos would make the ultimate Imperial EU figure!

jpak001
03-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Sounds like a cool custom Tycho! Not sure how easy it would be to paint the armor. It's a semi-soft flexible plastic material.

I think you should be able to get a RG pretty cheap, I saw a few of those 2 packs still in the boxes for $20 at a collector show the other day.

mm74md
03-28-2003, 02:42 PM
In hopes of finding something new at the fan club site :rolleyes:, I came across the 12" Ki-Adi-Mundi on sale for $14.99. Not a bad price if you weren't lucky enough to get one for $4.99 at a WOTC store.

http://swfan.wizards.com/product.asp?ProductID=10922

plasticfetish
04-03-2003, 02:23 AM
Anyone notice this yet?

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/PID/1509119/ctid/17/place/agvw/ls/outlet

In stock and 50% off as of 4/3 midnight.

mini-rock
04-03-2003, 05:14 AM
Yeah, a couple of the "other" sites had posted the news a few days ago. I'm kinda surprised they are still in stock. Anyone here pick one up?

mm74md
04-04-2003, 09:42 AM
One of my local Wal-Marts still has him in plentiful stock at $21!