PDA

View Full Version : You Gas Us- We'll Nuke You!

JEDIpartner
12-12-2002, 09:27 AM
Okay... can someone give me a reason why this crackpot is still in office? All I have to say is that this is about the dumbest thing any person of power could say. Right now with tensions running as high as they are and relations with allies being so touch-and-go, this was just brainless.

Apparently the ventriloquist who's been helping our exalted one over the last several months was on a coffee break and left him to his own devices. If I were a leader in a terrorist country... I'd be thinking, "You'll NUKE us? Okay... why bother gassing you if you are gonna nuke us? We'll nuke you first!"

I just wanted to rant yesterday, but was too busy to do so. I was also feeling a little too cheery about the new wave of figures... :D

Jedi Drew
12-12-2002, 11:06 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sith_killer_99
12-12-2002, 11:16 AM
:eek:

The Overlord Returns
12-12-2002, 11:37 AM
GWB made this exact statement?

How did I miss this, of all people?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Yeah, maybe Bush doesn't realize this equation that many compiled in their heads.

1 Nuke + 1 world= all die

really, we'd be screwed. It's like "you drop some gas and kill a few hundred people, we're going to kill everybody ourselves!" It just makes the US Government doing the work of the terrorists for them.

QLD
12-12-2002, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen this statement anywhere.

Old Fossil
12-12-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I haven't seen this statement anywhere.

Me neither. Can someone post a link to a news article about it?

Jedi Clint
12-12-2002, 12:09 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,72706,00.html

It isn't quite that dramatic. I've always believed that if WMD were used against us, that we would retaliate with equal or greater force no matter who was running the show.

The Overlord Returns
12-12-2002, 12:22 PM
Yeah, doesn't sound any different that the usual ruffled feather jargon. What I find more disturbing is GWB's overall tone. It indicates that he expects an invasion of Iraq as an inevitability.

I wonder who gets nuked of Al Qaeda uses a biological weapon against a US target........?

stillakid
12-12-2002, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
Yeah, doesn't sound any different that the usual ruffled feather jargon. What I find more disturbing is GWB's overall tone. It indicates that he expects an invasion of Iraq as an inevitability.

Haven't you been reading the papers? They've already got the country divided for post-war spoils and whose going to be in charge. It's coming regardless of what the inspectors find...or don't.

GWB was placed in office by a Republican/Skull and Crossbones Society conspiracy. OIL is the number one reason he's in office now and the number one reason we're even paying any attention to Iraq. Had a Democrat been in office, Hussein would still be on page 20 instead of being headline news. Lucky for him that the terrorist strike happened on his watch. Now he can use that as his excuse for heading into Iraq.

The only true answer to get us out of this mess is for the OIL lobby, backed by Oil Barons, like the Bush's, to be beaten back so that alternative fuel vehicles can be massed produced at reasonable prices. The technology exists. The only reason that we're not all in those cars today is pure greed. Bush is protecting his fortune and the fortunes of all his buddies. They've taken our government to serve their own purpose. And now, it appears (for the second time), a Bush is going to send our children into battle so that his bank account will be protected.

It's no wonder the world hates us.

:(

JEDIpartner
12-12-2002, 12:42 PM
exactly... if you have these little cluster groups in a country... doesn't mean that the country they are in supports them. So we shoot at the Al Qaeda targets and meanwhile... this affect everyone else living in that country.

The Overlord Returns
12-12-2002, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by stillakid
Haven't you been reading the papers? They've already got the country divided for post-war spoils and whose going to be in charge. It's coming regardless of what the inspectors find...or don't.

GWB was placed in office by a Republican/Skull and Crossbones Society conspiracy. OIL is the number one reason he's in office now and the number one reason we're even paying any attention to Iraq. Had a Democrat been in office, Hussein would still be on page 20 instead of being headline news. Lucky for him that the terrorist strike happened on his watch. Now he can use that as his excuse for heading into Iraq.

The only true answer to get us out of this mess is for the OIL lobby, backed by Oil Barons, like the Bush's, to be beaten back so that alternative fuel vehicles can be massed produced at reasonable prices. The technology exists. The only reason that we're not all in those cars today is pure greed. Bush is protecting his fortune and the fortunes of all his buddies. They've taken our government to serve their own purpose. And now, it appears (for the second time), a Bush is going to send our children into battle so that his bank account will be protected.

Don't confuse me being disturbed with shock, or surprise at the idea. I've been saying for a while that Bush will have war, regardless of Iraq's cooperation. What disturbs me is that more people seem to have no problem with this notion, or simply ignore it outright..........

Funny that you mention the skull and bones conspiracy. I've spent a better part of the day reading all about the Illuminati, and their suposed conspiracy to erect a one world government....

El Chuxter
12-12-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm with stillakid and JediPartnr. All our problems in the Middle East stem from our abuse of the countries over the past century to get oil as cheaply as possible, and supporting Israel in everything they do (regardless of how detrimental it is to nearly a full half of their own population). Saudi Arabia is every bit as bad a place for the common person to live as Iraq, but they give us all the oil we want, so we turn a blind eye to them. And lately Israel's response to everything seems to be the same. "President Sharon has a tummy ache after eating too much? Let's go bulldoze a refugee camp."

We as a nation (as I've said before) need to break our dependence on oil and stop supporting some nations who violate the same "human rights" that we condemn others for abusing. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon. :(

JEDIpartner
12-12-2002, 03:10 PM
I never said that I WASN'T in agreement with you on the whole issue of oil.

The whole point is you don't go flashing threats like that regardless of the situation. I think it is in NO ONE'S best interest to make threats such as "We'll nuke you."

That certainly didn't fly with us when the Soviet Union said that to us at the dawn of the 1960s. What was our response...? You hit us... we'll hit back harder. Nobody needs to get into a P**sing contest over something as stupid as oil dependence- especially not when the P**sing contest involves the use of nuclear arms.

The problem is... nobody pays attention and nobody ever learns.

darthvyn
12-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by stillakid

mark this day everyone, because for the first time EVER i agree totally with stillakid! :D

it's also interesting that you bring up the terrorist attack/excuse for war with iraq... al queda HATES hussein, so they wouldn't really be supporting each other. it's just an easy spin or two for the doctors to create ties between the two factions, thus giving the public a reason to want a war, and letting "W" finish daddy's business.

speaking of illuminati and one world governments, anyone ever read "behold a pale horse"? it's a book supposedly written by an ex gov't operative all about that stuff... i've only read snippets, but it's quite eye opening. i'm pretty sure the character martin landau plays in the x-files movie is based on the author of "behold"...

i'm sickened by the petty nuclear threats... didn't we learn this lesson the hard way? do we need another cuban missile crisis?

not to mention the fact that when bush said the word, i GUARANTEE he said "nucular"! :rolleyes:

just remember to "duck and cover!"

jobi
12-12-2002, 09:52 PM
That has been US policy for years. Way before Bush was in office. We as a country would retaliate with Nuclear weapons if our country was attacked with chemical or biological weapons. That's just the way it is.

Jedi_Master_Guyute said that 1 nuclear weapon would destroy the world??? How is this so? 1 Nuclear weapon will cause a lot of damage in a specific area, but can not destroy the world. Especially if the country we hit doesn't have them. Several countries test fire live nukes and the world is still here.

I believe this policy is more to deter weapons of mass destruction used against America. I also think this policy is aimed more at countries not terrorist organizations. We wouldn't just blow up some random country because there is a terrorist cell there.

It all kind of goes back to the old rule regarding defense. If someone comes at you with a knife pull out a gun. Always one up the enemy. The harder you hit them the harder it will be for them to hit back.

But I do not want Nuclear Weapons used either they are horrible pieces of equipment and I wish they were never created. But they were, so of course the biggest boys will have the biggest toys.

EricRG
12-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Obviously 1 bomb will not destroy the whole Earth. But one fired nuke could very well trigger a NUCLEAR WAR. Say byebye.

"We wouldn't just blow up some random country because there is a terrorist cell there." We wouldn't? I swear we just did that recently...

Nukes=bad
Threatening to use nukes=stupid

jobi
12-12-2002, 10:34 PM
What random country did we blow up?

Also I added some other thoughts to my last thread. Believe me I'm no warmonger, I just realize that sometimes war is innevitable. For whatever reason the world leaders want it.

I also don't have the right to discuss my feelings of our current president. After all he is my boss.:D

Emperor Howdy
12-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Nobody said "we'll nuke you" :rolleyes:........all the Bush administration said is that we are willing to use them as a last resort to protect ourselves. Well......duh.....that's why we have the damn things. However, I agree it was totally unnecessary to state the obvious. No one wants to hear about, or even think about nuclear war....and believe me, Bush doesn't want one. Like I said, he probably didn't need to mention it, but his intention was to "remind" Iraq that we are willing to use them if need be.........just like you guy's democratic hero J.F.K. was when the Soviet's as well were lying to the world.

EricRG
12-12-2002, 10:56 PM
jobi, Afganistan? OK, we didn't blow them up in one fell swoop...just used wonderful things like "Daisy Cutters" (aww...what a sweet name). Why? Because there was a terrorist cell there.

jobi
12-12-2002, 11:00 PM
The Taliban is what we attacked in Afghanistan because they wouldn't surrender Al-Qaeda. They were actually the ruling government there, so we "replaced" them.

And as far as Daisy Cutters, or Air Fuel bombs I don't think those were used there. They're good in flat areas but wouldn't be quite as effective in the mountains. Of course I wouldn't know if we used them that's just my guess.

EricRG
12-12-2002, 11:21 PM
We did use Daisy Cutters in Afganistan. Many times.
http://old.smh.com.au/news/0112/12/world/world1.html

jobi
12-12-2002, 11:38 PM
You're right. And the Daisy-cutter is not a Fuel Air Explosive(I was wrong again, go figure). Oh well. It's a 15,000 pound conventional bomb. man I know this is a serious thread but that would make for one helluva awesome 4th of July.:D

EricRG
12-12-2002, 11:45 PM
Actually, jobi, I think you were right the first time.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BUC111A.html

jobi
12-13-2002, 04:57 AM
Remeber that big bomb in Outbreak? That was a Daisy Cutter. It looked like a Nuke. And that article said English pilots thought we were Nuking Iraq. The Iraqis also thought we were Nuking them too.That's when they all started surrendering.

The Overlord Returns
12-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Nobody said "we'll nuke you" :rolleyes:........all the Bush administration said is that we are willing to use them as a last resort to protect ourselves. Well......duh.....that's why we have the damn things. However, I agree it was totally unnecessary to state the obvious. No one wants to hear about, or even think about nuclear war....and believe me, Bush doesn't want one. Like I said, he probably didn't need to mention it, but his intention was to "remind" Iraq that we are willing to use them if need be.........just like you guy's democratic hero J.F.K. was when the Soviet's as well were lying to the world.

I would agree with you there, GWB doesn't want Nuclear war. He does however, want war in Iraq. Basically, he wants Iraq. Control of Iraq, in tandem with the US relationship with Saudi Arabia, would give The US control over the 2 largest oil reserves in the world. The third, Canadas, he doesn't have to worry about due to our mutually open trade policy....

The Overlord Returns
12-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by jobi
The Taliban is what we attacked in Afghanistan because they wouldn't surrender Al-Qaeda. They were actually the ruling government there, so we "replaced" them.

You "replaced" them, after putting them their in the first place. VERY humanitarian of you.........

jobi
12-13-2002, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
You "replaced" them, after putting them their in the first place. VERY humanitarian of you.........

What the hell are you talking about?? We didn't put them there. I think you mean we trained Al-Qaeda. We had nothing to do with the Taliban.

Please research a little before accusing a whole country of doing something.

Click here for Taliban History (http://www.afghan-info.com/TALIBAN.HTM)

The Overlord Returns
12-13-2002, 03:58 PM
This is what i am talking about:

http://www.webcom.com/hrin/magazine/jan97/taliban2.html

I wasn't accusing every citizen....merely the government at the time.

Emperors_Hand_2211
12-18-2002, 10:20 AM
Out of pure interest is the general feeling among the US populace that your current president is a vacuous idoit bent on war in the middle east. Or is there actually any support for him. You see everywhere I read American opinons they seem to be that Bush sucks, so I'm left wondering, how did he get there. Some bugger must have voted for him.
Incidently there will be war with Iraq. Bush want's it to much to let it lie, and whatever the negative opinons of the rest of the west are, I'm sure Bush' personal diplomat, our man Blair can iron out any kinks in international relations.
I feel this is the last bite of the apple though. There is only so much Blair can do to clean up Bush' mess in the international community and this war will need to be the last for a while. Give those moderate Euoropeans time to calm down.

Jedi Master Silas
12-18-2002, 10:53 AM
I'm really starting to hate Bush. IMO he has a very selfish attitude. He doesnt care what the American people think at all. What ever happened to the search for Bin Laden??? I think he just wanted wanted an exscuse to get into a fight with Saddam.I dont like talking politics but Bush is a f****** idiot whos trying to show the world how big his d*** is.

JON9000
12-18-2002, 04:58 PM
Imperialism is a funny thing. No one goes into a foreign country, kills everybody there, then takes the resources. You need a stooge of a dictator or a nice pretext for war to get the resources under your belt. In Vietnam, the French had a series of goofy emperors who basically gave the spice away in order to keep the French from selecting someone else who would. these emperors were completely corrupt and treated their subjects badly becasue they knew the French needed them. When it was clear the Vietnamese were tired of rolling over, the French decided to use the mistreatment of Catholic missionaries as an excuse to take the country outright.

Here we have a series of goofy Kings in the Middle East who live like pharoahs while the majority of their citizens live as peasants. The peasants might rise up, but the Kings have the good ol' USA backing their crappy leaders (in spite of all the lipservice we give to democracy). We have leader in Saddam who has what we want (oil), and we cannot get it while he is in power. This business about Saddam being a threat is nothing more than our Catholic missionary. It has our oils, AND WE WANTS IT!:Pirate:

QLD
12-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Oil Schmoil!

What they are really after, is the unlimited supply of nifty berets that Saddam wears!

sith_killer_99
12-18-2002, 06:09 PM
Indeed!

As a beret wearer, I can tell you, BERETS rule.:D

Lman316
12-22-2002, 10:19 AM
Oh, boy. I feel as though I’m alone here. Are there no Bush supporters here, other than myself? Please, speak up if you’re here (Emp. Howdy might be, but I don’t know :p)!
Okay, boy-ohs (and I say that as affectionately as possible :D), we seem to be stuck on this idea of oil, oil, oil. This currently…and again, I emphasize currently…has very little to do with our situation in Iraq.
From different factual sources (both literary and a few televised media…and not biased either left or right, mind you) give some contradiction to almost all the argument here. Although, I haven’t heard anything about the berets yet :crazed:.
Hussein is being targeted, mainly, because (I’ll just put this out flatly) he’s a supporter of other terrorist organizations (Hamas and others, please excuse the spelling) that intensify problems in the Palestine-Israeli conflict. These organizations supply numerous people used for suicide bombings, allowing more people to be killed.
This is a problem of the Bush administration – they’re not making this part of it clear. And since they haven’t, they leave people to speculate and start yelling out “oil, oil, oil” because that’s the easiest thing to mention without trying to get some other facts.
During the Gulf War, yes, it had to do with oil. Now: uh-uh. But I’m sure I’m taking flack for this. And I can't wait for everyone to tell me how wrong I am....and how much I love war.
I don’t love war...I don't like war, I’m not a fan of seeing anyone die, but sometimes war is necessary. However, I don’t believe that Bush is getting off on the idea of having war with Iraq. I see it as though he finds it necessary to remove that scumbag from power (regardless of who put him there in the first place…. that was past, under different circumstances) ridding the world of one major supporter of terrorist organizations.
The Iraqis have lied and will continue to lie to the world, just like they proved with their bogus report they turned in. They recycled bits they had already sent in years ago…they’re hiding something (at least in my opinion).

And honestly, what would it take? I’m getting off the subject a little bit, but I have always wanted to ask this. If Iraq and its screwed up leader (or anyone else for that matter) were to manufacture weapons of mass destruction and they were to use them, killing thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of people…. should we still give peace a chance?
I find that logic to be faulty, as you can’t have peace unless it’s mutual. One side says, “We’re done. We’re going to be the bigger men in this and refuse to participate in such barbaric acts like war…” While the other side says, “Okay,” and say, launches one nuke. Our side again, “We’ll give peace a chance and try to find diplomatic means to gain peace with our enemies.” No response from the other side, just another bomb. “That’s okay. We will not lower ourselves to their level…” You can see where this is going to get old fast, so I’ll stop. Again, I’d like to point out that I got off on a rant there…

EricRG
12-22-2002, 01:31 PM
The thing is, Lman, I still have yet to see any PROOF that Iraq 1) actually HAS WMD and 2) that they have a desire to use them on the US. Sure, if I saw the PROOF of BOTH these things, hell yeah I'd advocate war with Iraq.

You mention some "factual sources" and I, for one, would love to see them. Personally, I don't see how you can distinguish the situation with Iraq now from the time of the Gulf War. You're right, peace must be mutual. The only side to thus far be publically thinking about violating this, is the US.

jobi
12-22-2002, 08:29 PM
Chemical, Biological, and Nuclear are all WMD. He may not have nukes(I don't know) But he does have chemical and biological weapons(or has had until recently, probably hidden)

But none of us are UN Weapons Inspectors, and the world will never know what they really have. Some things the public aren't ready for or have no business knowing. Once again that's my opinion.

Emperor Howdy
12-23-2002, 01:49 AM
Lman, of course I support Bush. I voted for him, and will sit back and enjoy his re-election. Don't let these guys bother you. They like to say Dubya & Daddy Inc. are in it for the oil, :rolleyes: yet forget how their precious Clinton ordered strikes on Iraq for the saaaaaame damn reason Bush is threatening: noncompliance with the U.N. resolutions. Oh, I forgot....Willy was just trying to get the media attention off his back for using Monica's noggin as a basketball. So the cycle continues. The Demon-crats make a mess of the country....the Republicans come in and mop it up. Take EricRG for example. Seems like a nice enough guy. Probably a lot of fun at parties. But Eric has a secret side.....a "Darkside" if you will. Eric wants to sit with our thumbs up our arses and wait for a few more jetliners to incinerate thousands of people.....or a cyanide bomb to rip through a shopping mall. Only then will Eric possibly agree to removing the gentle teddy-bear Hussein from power (all the while blaming the Bush administration for not acting ahead of time). You cannot win with Eric. Eric is a Democrat.......and the cycle continues. Eric is not alone. Other people share his views. Take The Overlord Returns, for example. TOR is a very intelligent guy with a good sense of humor. But TOR has an agenda as well. He wants to see the entire United States sink to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. He is an angry Canadian. He'd rather see a bullet lodged in Dubya's skull than see Saddam taken down. He always forgets that if it wasn't for the Evil Americans, Saddam would probably own Canada. So you see Lman, you can't please everybody. That's why most people can't discuss politics civilly. Yet, it matters not. What IS important is that the Good Lord has put George in office. When you put your child to sleep, kiss her on the cheek and tell her "eeeeeverything gonna be ok, sweetheart, we have a Republican President". Give a little smile knowing that your tax dollars are building tanks and putting food in the mouths of hungry G.I.s, rather than putting food stamps in the hands of pregnant crack-h*s who trade 'em for dope. Kinda makes you feel all giggly inside, ey?

EricRG
12-23-2002, 09:20 AM
I'm a Democrat??? You assume too much. Perhaps you forgot, I'm registered with the GREEN PARTY. I think Democrats are the lesser of two evils, yes, but still evil.

I'm not asking for more American deaths to start a war...I just want some SHRED of intent on the part of Hussein towards the US. Without that, it is the US who are the terrorists. Believe me, if the UN inspection teams were to find hidden weapons, yeah, then Iraq deserves to be punished. But until then, or another huge revelation showing malicious intent on behalf of Saddam, haven't the Iraqi people been made to suffer enough? Ey?

JediTricks
12-24-2002, 03:12 AM
Official Moderator Statement:

I haven't been following this thread closely, but please refrain from making personal comments about fellow users. If you cannot discuss the issue on its own merits, do not bother leaving a comment.

------

Personal comment on this thread's issue:

After Desert Storm, now-VP Dick Cheney's company went to Iraq and tossed them some serious coin to get the oil flowing again by rebuilding. I've heard that there wasn't too much concern from Cheney as to how the money actually was spent so long as it got the precious viscous fluid flowing again. It seems naive to believe this current war-drum-beating has nothing to do with the almighty black gold.

sith_killer_99
12-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Give a little smile knowing that your tax dollars are building tanks and putting food in the mouths of hungry G.I.s

I am one of those hungry G.I.'s and I do kiss my daughter on the cheek each night and tell her that "eeeeeverythings gonna be ok" because Dad is wearing the uniform.

haven't the Iraqi people been made to suffer enough?

Yes, they have, by both sides. Saddam has done terrible things to his own people. We fought a war with them. The difference is, that when Iraqis surrender, they are treated well by UN forces. Saddam treats his people horribly no matter what.

It seems naive to believe this current war-drum-beating has nothing to do with the almighty black gold.

True, but that dosen't change the fact that these people are under the thumb of a dictator. Nor does it change the fact that he does horrible things to his people.

It is unfortunate that oil is/or seems to be a major driving factor.

It's funny, for 8+ years I listened to people say "Bush should have taken out Saddam when he had the chance" or "We should go back and take his (Saddams') sorry butt out." Yet here we are and people are crying "foul". I guess I can understand it to a certain extent, though some go too far.

On a lighter note...The Green Party? Are they the ones who want to legalize Marijuana (sp?)?;) Get it..green...party.

JK:D