PDA

View Full Version : Why does Anakin have a green lightsaber?

Fulit
11-05-2001, 06:16 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, but do you think Obi-Wan gave Qui-Gon's saber to Anakin or something?

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 06:30 PM
I hope so. That would be neat.

However, when he is fighting the sith lord in the trailer, he has a blue lightsaber, so who knows?

My only hope, though, is that G.L. does not forget that in E4, Obi-Wan gives Luke Anakin's lightsaber.

Sometime during the next two movies, I'm sure (fingers crossed) that we will see Anakin use "The Skywalker Lightsaber", and PERHAPS, even mention to Obi that he would like his son to have it when he is old enough.

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 06:50 PM
I can't wait to find out why he has the green saber. Plus, completely off this subject, I hope to find out why Yoda and Obi-wan disappeared at death (GL said Episode II would hint at that answer).

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 07:04 PM
Just speculation, but I think that has something to do with those two being prepared to die.

If you look at the way Obi, Yoda, & Qui Gon died, there is quite a contrast between the first two and the latter:

1 - Obi Wan: Put up his lightsaber and "accepted" his death.
2 - Yoda: Said "soon will I forever sleep" then "accepted" his death.
3 - Qui-Gon: Was in the middle of a fight, then WHAMMO, laser sword through the gut.

I think Qui-Gon just wasn't ready to die.

OR

Perhaps it is an "I have unfinished business" thing, what with Anakin "He is the One" Skywalker not having yet been properly trained yet.

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 07:06 PM
yet

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 07:16 PM
One other thing;

Vader knew that taking his mask off would quicker his death and he doesn't disappear but does appear at the end of RotJ like Obi-Wan and Yoda... So why did Obi-Wan and Yoda disappear but VADER(ANAKIN REDEEMED) DIDN'T, hopefully we'll find out soon.

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 07:21 PM
Actually we don't really know if Vader disappeared or not. He could have vanished and Luke sealed the armor back up to burn his body in gesture only. We just don't see him vanish on screen. Or maybe the whole switching from dark to light thing caused a paperwork mix-up in the Force afterlife beauracracy and held up his vanishing for a few hours.:D

I think Anakin goes through a couple sabers in Ep2. However, I do not think the green one is Qui-Gonn's.

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Actually we don't really know if Vader disappeared or not. He could have vanished and Luke sealed the armor back up to burn his body in gesture only. We just don't see him vanish on screen. Or maybe the whole switching from dark to light thing caused a paperwork mix-up in the Force afterlife beauracracy and held up his vanishing for a few hours.:D

I think Anakin goes through a couple sabers in Ep2. However, I do not think the green one is Qui-Gonn's.

If Vader would have disappeared we would have seen it, Lucas didn't show him disappear and if he wanted us to see that, it would have been done.

I agree that will see Anakin probably go through at least two sabers; one green and one blue. After all we see both colors in the 'Breathing' teaser.

Wolfwood319
11-05-2001, 09:27 PM
Seeing as this is the spoiler version of the page, but just forwarned that this is spoiler material, I'll leave some space....

:)

Still with me? K, here goes,

The blue lightsabre you see anakin using when fighting doku is obi-wan's sabre. Anakin and Obi-Wan were fighting doku but then Obi-Wan gets knocked out, somewhere along the lines Anakin loses his and grabs Obi-Wans.

On a less confirmed report, during the fight, Anakin also gets taken out of the battle by Doku, leaving everyone defeated by Doku, except...Yoda. Yoda says he doesn't want to fight Doku but Doku attacks anyway. Yoda then fights Doku in as GL describes "an unbelievable transition from the Yoda we know to the Yoda you see when he fights." Finally we get to see Yoda fight, how cool.

master jedi
11-05-2001, 10:04 PM
Back to the disappearing thing. Maybe OB1 and Yoda die is because they willingly gave themselves unto death yet Qui-Gon and Anakin didn't.

Magnolia-Fan
11-05-2001, 10:26 PM
Thanks wolf, but

WARNING:

Being that this is the spoiler section, you should not feel the need to warn us.

We all came her of our own volition.

But thanks for the info...

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 11:38 PM
One other theory I've heard is that after Obi-Wan gets knockout, Anakin picks up Obi-Wan's saber and fights Count Dooku with BOTH (GREEN & BLUE SABERS). During the course of the combat Anakin looses his saber but still has Obi-Wan's, still it doesn't matter because Count Dooku will trap Anakin under a crane of some kind before Yoda shows up and lays the smack down...

Co Jo-Da
11-05-2001, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Back to the disappearing thing. Maybe OB1 and Yoda die is because they willingly gave themselves unto death yet Qui-Gon and Anakin didn't.

Going back to Vader disappearing, when he ask/told Luke to take off this mask he had accepted his fate (give him-self to the force) and was ready to die. By saving his son and killing Palpatine Vader/Anakin had redeem him-self and returned to the LIGHT (GOOD) SIDE of the force...

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-06-2001, 06:27 AM
i think the whole issue of vader disapering is confusing...time will telll...

Eternal Padawan
11-06-2001, 08:50 AM
back to the lightsaber color thing (we've got two disparate discussions going on here...:) ) maybe Anakin's blade is blue and Obi Wan is using QuiGons green one. But for that one shot, for whatever reason, they had to switch sabers. Like they got their swords knocked out of their hands and the others was closer, so being pragmatic Jedi, they picked up the closer blade and in a momentary lull in the fighting later on, they switch back. They could even make little jokes like "Nice Blade, very smooth action." and "Thanks. I hope my son can use it some day..." when they are trading blades.

snakeplkn
11-06-2001, 02:20 PM
"without the nicks and cuts of a blade"

Snake Plissken

master jedi
11-06-2001, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da

Going back to Vader disappearing, when he ask/told Luke to take off this mask he had accepted his fate (give him-self to the force) and was ready to die. By saving his son and killing Palpatine Vader/Anakin had redeem him-self and returned to the LIGHT (GOOD) SIDE of the force...

Taking off the helmet was only going to speed up his death. He was going to die from all the electricity going through him from picking up the emperror and tossing down the shaft. I don't think Vader knew he was going to die from that. But like ki-adi mundi's bro said only time will tell.

The 'Xir
11-06-2001, 08:29 PM
I like Co Jo Da theory about using both sabers then losing one! However, I like the Idea of Obi-wan giving Anakin or maybe Anakins already got Qui-Gon's saber as a tribute, but then The one thing that's a final test to become a Jedi, which we have never seen before, is that Anakin will construct his own lightsabre to help complete the Jedi process!!! Obviously being the one we end up seeing in ANH! Just a thought!

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 08:53 PM
You like that, I got it from TheForce.NET last August.

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
Taking off the helmet was only going to speed up his death. He was going to die from all the electricity going through him from picking up the emperror and tossing down the shaft. I don't think Vader knew he was going to die from that. But like ki-adi mundi's bro said only time will tell.

Vader: "Luke, help me take....this mask off."

Luke: "But you'll die!"

Vader: "Nothing...can stop that now. Just once let me look on you....with my own eyes."

I think Vader was fully aware that he was going to die.

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 08:59 PM
Yes...just like Obi-Wan and Yoda, they were ready to die and so was Anakin/Vader. So why did Obi-Wan and Yoda turn to air but not Vader?

bigbarada
11-06-2001, 09:08 PM
We might have to wait until after Ep3 to know the answer to that one.

master jedi
11-06-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Vader: "Luke, help me take....this mask off."

Luke: "But you'll die!"

Vader: "Nothing...can stop that now. Just once let me look on you....with my own eyes."

I think Vader was fully aware that he was going to die.

He probably didn't know he was going to die just before he threw Palpatine. For all we know he probably thought just to turn godd, kill the emperror, drive the empire into the ground or turn it into a good thing, and live to tell about it.

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 10:53 PM
Here is two shot of Anakin 1) green and 2) blue.

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Image3.jpg

http://www.theforce.net/episode2/newspics/teaser/Image19.jpg

Fulit
11-06-2001, 11:24 PM
Check out that first one, Obi-Wan's all ready for battle, and Anakin just stands there like, "What?".

It's cool if you take the second one of Anakin fighting Dooku and brighten it up in your Photo Shop or whatever. It looks from both of their stances like the same kind of duel Luke and Vader had, almost.

Co Jo-Da
11-07-2001, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know what's behind them in picture 1, it looks like some kind of speeder.

Tycho
11-07-2001, 08:33 AM
On a tangent, I don't know if we'll see the Skywalker lightsaber in Episode 2. It, and Kenobi's E4 saber, might be built on the run, after their own weapons are taken away from them in the course of the story.

The Classic lightsabers look like they are made out of junk next to the Prequel stuff. Without the resources of the Temple, they just don't make 'em like they used to.

Personally, I think it would be awesome, if at least the Skywalker saber is built from Threepio and R2 parts.