PDA

View Full Version : Episode 1 What If?

BountyHunter
11-05-2001, 06:34 PM
:confused: Hey I know that Lots of you guys don't liek EU ( I don't tend to like it sometimes also) but sometimes I wonder sometimes, what if Qui-Gon was never killed in the battle with Darth Maul? Would Anakin not have been lured to the dark side. Although there is an EP II spoiler that disproves my pint, but I don't want to say that under this forum, because spoilers suck and I was unfortunate to discover that spoiler. anyways, any thoughts?

master jedi
11-05-2001, 09:47 PM
I'll have to disagree with you about spoilers sucking.

I think would still have turned to the dark side if Qui-Gon lived.
I think Qui-Gon would have...

******Begin Spoiler******

protected anakin from Shi's death. When and if Anakin found out Qui-Gon had tried to protect him from this Anakin probably would have gotten angry and turned against Qui-Gon.

******End Spoiler******

(moderator's note - please be careful of posting spoilers in this section, posts here in Ep 1 containing spoilers may be deleted - JT)

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-06-2001, 06:22 AM
yeah. that would be right...but the emperor didn't turn him over fully, so he still has good in him...

Lobito
11-06-2001, 12:08 PM
Being these a "what if question" i think that Anakin would still fall from grace, but in a very different way...these reminds me of the "Age of apocalipse"...(X-MEN)...read it and u will see that in the end destiny ends up being the same, but with a different procedure.

GNT
11-07-2001, 12:39 AM
If Anakin didn't turn to the dark side, he could have brought justice to the universe and its people BUT we'll never know!

Rollo Tomassi
11-09-2001, 10:23 AM
He still would have gotten involved with that tarty Padme. Shes the REAL reason he goes to the dark side. Qui Gon is irrelevant.

evenflow
11-09-2001, 10:54 AM
It was all Obi-Wan's fault. If he didn't agree to train Anakin none of this would have ever happened. ;)

GNT
11-09-2001, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
It was all Obi-Wan's fault. If he didn't agree to train Anakin none of this would have ever happened. ;)

If they never got hit in the Queens starship and made it to coruscant without stoping on Tatooine,Obi would never had meet Anakin,Anakin would never had meet the queen, Anakin and Padme wouldn'd have had Luke and Leia and the galaxy would still be peacefull :)

master jedi
11-09-2001, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by GNT

If they never got hit in the Queens starship and made it to coruscant without stoping on Tatooine,Obi would never had meet Anakin,Anakin would never had meet the queen, Anakin and Padme wouldn'd have had Luke and Leia and the galaxy would still be peacefull :)

If anything you should say it was all Palpatine/Sidious' fault if you think about it.

Rollo Tomassi
11-10-2001, 03:17 AM
Obi Wan, Padme, Palpatine/Sidious...we can all agree that it wasn't Qui Go....Wait..Palpatine is Sidious?!?!?! OH NO!!!:eek:

JediTricks
11-10-2001, 10:32 AM
I still think it's actually Qui-Gon who sabotages the hyperdrive and conveniently gets Obi-Wan to "find" Tatooine in the maps. It's part of my "Qui-Gon is actually Anakin's Father" theory.

Lobito
11-13-2001, 01:40 PM
Interesting theory JT, but then again, how come Schmi didnt recognize Qui Gonn...after all they spent some time alone in EPI. Or maybe when Qui Gonn was young and wild, and used to ride Swoops and hang out with Gran's, he went to a very infamous cantina, met a young girl, got drunk and kowabunga dude!! Now the sad part is that Schmi got really drunk cuzz she never remembered that day. Hmmm...but a more interesting "what if" would be...what if OB1 had died also and DM stayed alive...har har har:Pirate: :)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 04:43 PM
Well, if G.Lu. would have kept to writing movies about wannabe drag-racers in Modesto then Anakin never would have turned to the dark side, would he?

OK, nuff said. close the thread Steve...

:dead:

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 06:21 AM
Lobito, here's my theory, it explains the Shmi issue:

Qui-Gon Jinn, a Jedi knight who doesn't always follow the code, learns about the prophecy of the son of suns and gets wrapped up in the concept of the boy who will bring balance to the Force. Qui-Gon does a lot of societal research about the galaxy - planets, customs, politics, etc. - and eventually zeroes in on the Outer Rim, then goes to Tatooine where he finds an unknown lass (Shmi) and decides to make a play to get her knocked up. Then the Jedi, in disguise, clouds her mind and beats a hasty retreat. Almost as soon as Qui-Gon returns to the Jedi order, he's given a new padawan learner, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and the teaching of this youngster the ways of the Force distracts Jinn from concentrating on his real son until he is sent to Naboo (Tatooine being in a straight line between Coruscant and this Naboo), where he sabotages the Queen's starship, let's his apprentice "find" Tatooine as a safe haven, and manipulates the situation to make sure he gets the ship to this planet and even parks the royal starship near the city where his slave woman was last. These actions cause his path to make a hard detour towards the dark side, and his ability to join with the Force at death is cut off by his self-serving deeds.

I don't think this is how it will be, but it's a possibility anyway, and seems kinda interesting to me. A slight twist on the "Luke, I am your father!" for Ep 2 or 3.

BountyHunter
11-14-2001, 02:44 PM
Jedi tricks, I doubt that will happen, but you never know

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 03:02 PM
Wow, another mystery solved. Now, JT, tell us who was on the grassy knoll.:rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 03:04 PM
After reading your explanation a second time JT, I can see Qui-Gon tied up yelling at Yoda and Mace Windu, a la Scooby Doo, saying "If it weren't for those nosy kids and their dog I would have gotten away with it."

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 11:52 PM
Candidat, even better, have Panaka pull Nute Gunray's mask off to reveal Qui-Gon and then have him deliver that line! ;)

BTW, my theory isn't saying that's how it is, just how I'd like to see it all tie together since I don't like the Immaculate Conception story we have now. I have a similar theory for Midichlorians which I thought up for similar reasons, but that's a different discussion.

Lobito
01-28-2002, 07:11 PM
That would explain why Qui Gon's body never dispeared after he died. Could be, Coould be...

Rollo Tomassi
01-29-2002, 08:44 AM
Shmi is from a deviant human off shoot species that reproduces asexually. If they ever do reproduce in the "natural" way, they (and their descendants) produce twins. Shmi doesn't know any of this because she was a slave from a very young age and doesn't know her own biology.

Midichlorians are Qui Gon's own (incorrect) pet theory about how the force works. None of the other jedi Master's cotton to it, which is partly the reason Qui Gon never made it on the council. The other Masters scoff at him behind his back.

chewie
01-29-2002, 08:43 PM
There isn't anything special about Anakin. Shmi just didn't want to tell Anakin that Watto's his daddy.

That's why he looks normal as a kid, but as an adult, he got all white skinned and scarred. It wasn't from any battle. Its simply Watto's ugly genes finally kicking. Anakin had most of his mashapen limbs and wings cut off because he didn't want to look like a big alien freak. He'd rather look like a robotic freak.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-30-2002, 06:33 PM
Other more important "What Ifs":

... Anakin had come in third (behind Sebulba and Ben Quadirnos [sp?]) in the pod race? :cry:
... Anakin had played ball with Wald and the rest? :D
... Qui-Gon's mustache stayed the same shape for the whole film? ;)
... Jar Jar has been pummeled into orange goo? :happy:
... there were no J-type Nubian hyperdrives on tatooine?
... Darth Maul killed the Jedi in the Theed Palace sleathfully, not by revealing himself in a doorway?
... Padme' contacted Sio Bibble?
... Yoda has persuaded the Council not to train Anakin?
... the Viceroy had escaped?

Huh? HUH?

JediTricks
01-30-2002, 10:38 PM
If there were no J-type hyperdrives on Tatooine, I'm sure Qui-Gon would simply have swindled a ship with a working hyperdrive out of someone on the planet. He could also just pick up a charter a la Kenobi in ANH, but that'd seem like such a rip off of the first movie.

2-1B
01-31-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
If there were no J-type hyperdrives on Tatooine, I'm sure Qui-Gon would simply have swindled a ship with a working hyperdrive out of someone on the planet. He could also just pick up a charter a la Kenobi in ANH, but that'd seem like such a rip off of the first movie.

Maybe George SHOULD have ripped off the first movie a bit ? ;)

sith_killer_99
02-02-2002, 04:44 PM
I don't think he would have become the Dark Lord of the Sith. He may have begun to turn, but I think Qui-Gon would have been better able to deal with Ani than Obi-Wan.

I also think Qui-Gon would have been better able to see it coming than Obi-Wan.

As for the whole "What if Anakin hadn't been trained as a Jedi" thing....

I think that by the time Qui-Gon had brought Ani to Coruscant it was too late. Palpatine would have discovered Ani and found a way to take him under his wing.

As for the Qui-Gon is Anakins dad thing? Well, I have a feeling that it will be explained later. I think it has something to do with Palpatine, I'll just leave it at that.;)