PDA

View Full Version : Just wonderin bout the ROTJ Luke...

Skywalker3319
12-13-2002, 02:55 PM
When are pics commin out for it? Im dyin to see them!! What accessories do you think hell have? A new lightsaber sculpt maybe? I hope, the last one was bad. Thanks all!!

:cool: :cool:

Darth Trymybestus
12-13-2002, 05:30 PM
ahh he'll probably have a lightsaber with a removeable blade and metal hilt so that people can re enact the scene where he uses the force to get his lightsaber from Palpatines chair.:)
I also think he'll have some handcuffs, I hoped that he'd have a cloak and a removeable endor helmet and poncho but I doubt that... although Hasbro has been FANTASTIC lately :) :crazed:

Beast
12-13-2002, 05:39 PM
Judging by the fact that we've seen more then we usually do this far in advance, you'll probably have to wait for Toy Fair in febuary for pictures of the Luke: Jedi Knight. Especially since he's not scheduled for release until atleast May.

As for accessories, there have been many many posts about what people would like to see. Since the figure is probably based on the final duel with Vader scenes, lightsaber and binders are the only likeky accessories. Probably a stand as well.

I would worship Hasbro, more then I do now if they gave him a a nice soft goods camoflauged poncho, utility belt, and removable Endor helmet. But of course then Hasbro can't make a Luke Skywalker: Endor Gear figure for 2004. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Old Fossil
12-13-2002, 06:54 PM
As long as its a great sculpt, somewhat neutrally-posed, with multiple points of articulation, I'll be a very, very happy man.

No gimmicks, please!

Skywalker3319
12-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Same as in last post, good stance, awsome lightsaber, and an awsome sculpt, I too, shall be extremly happy.:cool: :cool:

Darth Evil
12-14-2002, 10:46 AM
And no gimmick!

Turbowars
12-14-2002, 11:56 AM
JarJar, you are dreaming of a Deluxe Jedi Luke and you will have to do more than worship for that to happen. :rolleyes:

Beast
12-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
JarJar, you are dreaming of a Deluxe Jedi Luke and you will have to do more than worship for that to happen. :rolleyes:
Actually, that few of accessories are far from what I would consider a Deluxe Luke: Jedi. A Deluxe version would have every thing in the movies that he wore or interacted with. I've posted it before, but let's do a run down. :)

Ultimate Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
3 Interchangable hands (regular, shot, gloved). Removable soft goods vest. Silk Jedi Cape. Jabba's Guard's Gun. Bone and Skull. Soft goods camo poncho. Removable Helmet. Utility Belt. Lightsaber w/ removable blade (w/ peg to attach to belt). Binders. Small rubber peice on tunic that can hang open, or be closed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
12-14-2002, 01:35 PM
What about speeder bike?

sith_killer_99
12-15-2002, 09:11 AM
JJB, you forgot the most important accessory...

Princess Leia in metal bikini.

Sure, we already have one or two, but hey, it's Leia...in a metal bikini!!!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 09:54 AM
Silk cloak? Don't you mean sateen? Like Hasbro would use silk :crazed: Are you nuts or somethin'? Okay, I'll have an Emperor Palpatine in black chiffon robes please, and a Vader with goat silk cloak. Okay I'm being facetious here and I do know what you meant, it was just funny to me that's all. :D

Darth Trymybestus
12-15-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Ultimate Luke Skywalker: Jedi Knight
3 Interchangable hands (regular, shot, gloved). Removable soft goods vest. Silk Jedi Cape. Jabba's Guard's Gun. Bone and Skull. Soft goods camo poncho. Removable Helmet. Utility Belt. Lightsaber w/ removable blade (w/ peg to attach to belt). Binders. Small rubber peice on tunic that can hang open, or be closed. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I think that would be awesome if Hasbro did that, I would prefer 2 Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight figures though.

Luke Skywalker - Jabba's palace: With a nice plastic sculpted cape (hey, the POTF2 one looked cool :)). Jabba's guards gun. Bone. Metal Lightsaber with removeable blade. A magnet inside the belt so that the lightsaber could hang on the figure (I wouldn't really like a peg on the lightsaber). And a magnet inside the hand.:)

Luke Skywalker - Death Star II: A tunic. Soft goods removeable Endor poncho. Removeable plastic Endor helmet. Metal Lightsaber with removeable blade. A magnet inside the belt so that the lightsaber could hang on the figure. And a magnet inside the hand.:)

Both would have excellent articulation, amazing sculpts and preferrably no action feature... but they have to have them, then make them like Zam Wesells so that it doesn't affect the figure.
It's time to stop dreaming now right?:crazed::)

Dark Lord Kakorotto
12-15-2002, 05:08 PM
I love the Saga Bespin sculpt. that should be the same except for a since of calm on his face. He should be able to grasp lightsaber with both hands and yet put them together near his stomach as he walks into jabba's palace(interchangeable hands?) He should have nice cotton/nylon cloak that flows over him. Perhaps the same material in Lando cape of POTJ. Magnet in hand and belt. Metal hilt lightdaber with removable blade.
If hasbro doesn't screw it up this could be the most beautiful figure they ever created.

Skywalker3319
12-16-2002, 06:10 PM
My personal reference, The Death Star II, an excellent sculpt, no action feature, and binders and the green lightsaber. We have had enough Jabbas Palace Luke Jedi's, and Im really excited about this one. If it has to have an action feature, then let it be like the Bespin Luke, thats an awsome figure, and its not f-ed up by the action feature. Thanks all!

:cool: :cool:

jjreason
12-17-2002, 01:03 AM
I still think they should make a variant packed with a blue lightsaber, out of respect and deference to those of us that had the vintage one. Mind you I could always just change blades with another jedi couldn't I?

My preferences would be for a soft goods cloak with a hood that doesn't look stupid either up or down (usually one way is fine, the other not), pistol, metal saber, articulated at the same points as Bespin Luke. This figure warrants extra care, Hasbro....please take it.

Skywalker3319
12-23-2002, 10:37 AM
I do agree. I have wanted a death star II Jedi Luke for a very long time. I would actually prefer it a nice straight up pose, calm expression, flap closed on his shirt, metal lightsaber hilt with removable green blade, and binders. I keep a majority of my StarWars figures in the packaging, and Im gettin two for in the box, and one to open up and display. My fav. figure of all time is the jedi luke figure, and Im prayin they dont f- him up. I cant stress it enough.Thanks all!! :cool: :cool: