PDA

View Full Version : more jawas anyone?

mark2d2
12-13-2002, 05:34 PM
Now that the Sandcrawler is finally coming out ---- is there anybody out there besides me who'd like to see a new jawa two pack? Obviously, i'd like them to be sculpted somewhat like the last one ---- i.e. have legs like the one that came with the Power Droid.

Or how about a R1-G4 packed with that "tall" Jawa? (The one Jargo is always going on about.) Talk about a winning combo! Why stop there? Maybe and R5-D4 (FINALLY!!!!) with a slightly retooled Jawa? Heck, Hasbro! Just re-use the mold from the Gonk! Gonk! pack! I don't care! I just need more of the little guys. (Not to mention an R5-D4.)

Heck, i'd even be up for an army builder of just that "legged" Jawa alone. Who couldn't use four more once that Sandcrawler finally hits. For now, I can only hope that he's the "other" jawa pack-in. (I actually don't mind that the "Ronto" jawa is confirmed as I never got that guy and I believe he is slightly different from either of the figures from the two pack.)

Or maybe --- ideally --- they could do an all new sculpt of the Jawa with the fan for all of you Jabba the Hutt enthusiasts. That would be pretty dang cool.

Am I totally alone on this? What do you guys think? Jawas were always my favorite when I was a kid, so I'm admittedly somewhat biased towards this character, but I really think we could use more. They've had cameos in the two new films now with no no figures! Their home is coming soon at a Walmart near you. The rise of the Jawas is long overdue in my book.

Sentinel18725
12-13-2002, 05:43 PM
Their was an old book that McQuarrie put out called the Expanded Universe. I wish that they would make jawa accessories. It would be neat to have little tents and fires to go with the jawas. I too am anxiously awaiting the sandcrawler. I never had this as a kid and will finally get one.

Jargo
12-13-2002, 05:46 PM
I say abig YES! to more jawas. I've been mentioning elsewhere recently that we need more jawas. I think we came to the conclusion that a Jawa army builder set was the answer. An army of jawas including the freaky tall one and the teeny tiny one and sacked out jawas all dopey and sleepy and grumpy... no that's dwarves isn't it :crazed: anyway, all manner of jawas with jawa tools like welding torches and restraining bolts and droids and junk pieces like the piece that came with Teemto - only different... and more jawas and more droids and more jawas.

Actually, jawas have featured in all movies but ESB. So far only the commtech one has done them justice. More jawas like that is the key. The benchmark jawa so to speak. The POTF2 ones were okay up to a point but a little cartoony for my tastes. I like the fact that the commtech jawa had legs and waist articulation. Course, soft goods Jawa would be too much to ask for but that'd be sweet. I'd like to see a Jawa with pilfered Imperial hardware. Telling me with so many Imperials all over the place and so many jawas all over too that one wouldn't try to 'liberate' some Imperial supplies? Course they would!
See i think more jawas and more Ewoks and More Tusken raiders are just as important as soldier army builder sets. All of them are tribes and warriors and all are just as resourceful as the others and just as accessorised.

More of everything with extra everything please hasbro. :D

mark2d2
12-13-2002, 05:56 PM
Sentinel18725 --- that books sounds really interesting. I'll have to try to check it out. Also, your post got me thinking ---- a Jawa accessory pack would be totally cool! It could include a fire pit, various droid parts. Maybe a Mining Droid or two . . .

Jargo --- your Jawa army builder pack would totally be my dream! Four new Jawas! Drool!

fourtwo
12-13-2002, 06:01 PM
i got 5 jawas, and i could go for way more.
BRING EM ON
:)

Jargo
12-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Actually, I was thinking that since the Jawa is half a figure height they could do eight to a pack instead. I think that's only fair givewn the size of the Jawa clans.

Old Fossil
12-13-2002, 08:00 PM
I just want to say that I have fourteen Jawas, and it's not enough. I'm hooked on the little hooded scavengers.

True, the CommTech version IS the best, but the others are very nice; one of Hasbro's better efforts from the early POTF2 days.

I'd love a Jawa with knee and elbow articulation.

Jedi Master Silas
12-13-2002, 08:04 PM
I'm game for more jawas...what does everyone think about cloth capes??? I'd like to see more ewoks. Bring on any army bulder type figs Hasbro can dish out.

Rogue II
12-13-2002, 08:59 PM
I've mentioned this in a few threads also, most recently in one of the army builder threads. Like I said in there, the Sandtrooper troop builders are going to need target practice.:evil:

And now, with the sandcrawler coming out, there is even more need for Jawas.

Banthaholic
12-13-2002, 10:59 PM
I've also always had a foundness for the dink dinks.
A cloth jawa would be a welcome addition, as would the tall jawa. It would be nice if theyd be able to incorporate a jawa and R1-G4 as stated above.

EricRG
12-13-2002, 11:04 PM
Utinni!

InsaneJediGirl
12-13-2002, 11:17 PM
I'd love more Jawas.The pack Jargo is talking about would be wonderful.I think more droids to go with everyones favorite junk collectors is in order as well:D

Skywalker3319
12-13-2002, 11:23 PM
More jawas, why not?! Hasbro seems to be listening to what we want, so more jawas sounds good, at least a pack w/ the r5-d4 droid and a jawa.

:cool: :cool:

Sentinel18725
12-14-2002, 12:49 AM
Mark2d2-not too sound off subject on this, but it is a neat book and is written from the prospective of someone visiting the planets and writting about his experiences. Each planet is given a different person who is there for different reasons, basically like a scientist on a research mission.

As for the Jawas-weren't there some little named ones from the Star Wars decipher CCG set? why can't they make those?

Jayspawn
12-14-2002, 03:25 AM
I have around 9-10 Jawas and I want more! A SAGA Jawa 2-pack would be great! I'd buy a bunch of those.

p.s. we need more generic Ewoks too!

187-Maul
12-14-2002, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't mind some new jawas, I only have 2 (ronto pack-in and gonk) and the first POTF2 2-pack is so expensive everywhere I see it
but I think that a 8 pack would be a bit much IMO, I don't want to spend that much on them, so they should just release another 2-pack IMO

otisdodge
12-15-2002, 01:10 AM
Who is R1-G4? Is it an astromech, or otherwise?

I think a Jawa accesory pack (along the lines of what some of you have said) is more in order--more than a troop builder. It would be awesome if they put out a set that had three or four jawas, and a couple droids and accesories. BUT, not accesories that would be easy to make (fire pit, tent--come on. Y'all can put sticks together, can't you?). If they did that, for the ten buck range, like the Target packs, I would definitely pick up a couple. It would be super cool if the droids and pack-ins came in several variations, but that is asking a lot.;)

mark2d2
12-15-2002, 01:25 AM
R1-G4 is that HUGE black droid at the Jawa sale. He is REALLY cool. And once upon a time was up for the Fan Choice Poll. I'm sure somebody here can post a picture of the guy. I'm afraid I don't have the means.

I'm stoked that so many people want more Jawas, too. Maybe they will in fact become a reality. Two Pack --- Four Pack --- Eight Pack? I don't care, just bring 'em on, Hasbro. Bring 'em on.

otisdodge
12-15-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by mark2d2
R1-G4 is that HUGE black droid at the Jawa sale.
Is it the dome thing? or the tall thing?

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 02:08 AM
He's the huge one. Look at the back of the Puchase Of The Droids Cinema scene. You'll see him there
http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=437

otisdodge
12-15-2002, 02:13 AM
I'm sorry, but "huge" just isn't a good enough descriptor for me, and I looked at the link and the picture wasn't clear. Can anyone help me any more than "huge"?;)

LTBasker
12-15-2002, 02:16 AM
MORE JAWAS MORE JAWAS!!!

C'mon, they were in AOTC, perfect time to release more. :D Not only did they help Ani find the Tusken Raiders, but without their generousity the Lars wouldn't of gotten R2. :D We need some new Jawas so we can have them in the Tusken Raider dioramas hidden behind a rock and snickering about Anakin killing'em! :D

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 02:25 AM
It's pretty simple,
click on
http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=437
Then
click on the third picture link, which says

Boxed Back from .01 Green, Original Release

And he's the the tall black droid behind 3PO

mark2d2
12-15-2002, 02:30 AM
He also has a large antenna. Yellow and blue detailing. Looking at him again, I must say ---- he's very phallic.

Beast
12-15-2002, 02:33 AM
Here you go, it took me sometime to actually dig up the picture. I couldn't upload a new one, because I have uploaded it in the past. It's the first line of the Astromech Droid series, they were to large for anything but Capital Starships though. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=121480

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

otisdodge
12-15-2002, 03:03 AM
Okay. I am sorry that I didn't look at the back the first time. I thought you were telling me to look at the front. I don't have very many cinema scenes packs, so I forgot that the pic would be on the back, also.

So he was the "tall" one (see my second post).

Sorry if I annoyed y'all. Thanks for the help. I have a bad memory, and don't own any visual dictionaries or cards, so I miss a lot of references.

Originally posted by mark2d2
He also has a large antenna. Yellow and blue detailing. Looking at him again, I must say ---- he's very phallic.
You should see the mailboxes in Spain.
:D

mark2d2
12-15-2002, 03:54 AM
Wouldn't he make a great figure, though? Put a Jawa with him and he'd fly off the shelves. Actually, the two pack idea is my favorite thus far.

R1-G4 with Tall Jawa
R5-D4 with Jawa
WED-17 (treadwell droid) with Jawa
Black Mining Droid ("Dome") with Jawa

These could all be so very sweet!

fourtwo
12-15-2002, 05:12 AM
i disagree. more gonks, less droids from nerdy games.
no offence anyone...
:D
either way, more jawas!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 06:02 AM
Hasbro are supposedly releasing CZ-1 with some sort of droid factory set up which I assume is something to go with the sandcrawler release. CZ-1 is the white protocol droid in human shape with the big bug eyes and the rectangular panels on his chest seen wobbling around in the sandcrawler hold.
If hasbro threw a Jawa into the droid factory set with CZ-1 that'd be one new jawa at least. Then as mark said they could finally do R1-G4 and throw a Jawa in with him and then another one with R5-D4.
I would buy five R5 droids anyway. I want three CZ-1 droids and two R1 droids. So straight away there's ten Jawas flown off the pegs. If hasbro did an army builder set too I'd buy a couple of those so there's another eight Jawas sold. The market is ripe for Jawas.

I also draw attention to an idea I had for a new Tusken raider.
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=204263#post204263
Shamelessly plugging this here I know but I think people are missing my cool ideas in that section.
But I say more Jawas and more Tuskens.

LTBasker
12-15-2002, 06:24 AM
This would be good to release at the same time as the Sandcrawler:
Jawa Accessory Pack
Two Jawas
Deluxe 3PO (Just 3PO, and all parts in different colors)
One Saga 3PO crate
Pilot Padme's Radar Dish
One R2 w/ Holo Leia body with interchangable heads from R2, R3, R4 and R5.

R5-D4 of course would be released later as a regular figure with a Jawa. :)

Old Fossil
12-15-2002, 09:09 AM
So many great ideas, everyone! We should work for Hasbro. Heck, we should RUN Hasbro.

fourtwo
12-15-2002, 11:37 AM
interchangable R2 units would be a good idea.
i like that.

sith_killer_99
12-15-2002, 11:42 AM
I want more Jawas to litter my Mos Eisley diorama.

Drunk Jawa with bottle falling out of his hand
Swagering drunk Jawa
Barfight Jawa with broken beer bottle
Passed out in a doorway Jawa with MD 20/20
Passed out at the bar head on the table Jawa

There's sure to be all kinds of fun with these little guys.
;)

mark2d2
12-15-2002, 04:51 PM
fourtwo --- all of the droids i mentioned are actually from the film.
All are at the Jawa Sale. I'm not familiar with the "nerdy games" either.:D

An additional Gonk! droid --- all new sculpt would certainly a welcome addition to my list of Droid/Jawa two packs . . .