PDA

View Full Version : DEFINITIVE LIST REQUEST...pretty please

stillakid
12-13-2002, 06:30 PM
This is a lot to ask, but you guys seem to like lists, so hopefully this is already floating around on someone's harddrive...

Can someone post a full and complete list of all the onscreen characters from all the films thus far that have NOT been made into an action figure?

Then, because it's probably part of the same topic, could you post a separate list of all the on-screen characters that HAVE been made into action figures?

AND, because of the variety of costume changes that some of the characters undergo, please break those out as well. For instance, with Amidala, we saw just a couple of her outfits but not others. So the one's we saw should go in the HAVE list and the one's we didn't go in the NOT list.

This should give us all a pretty good idea just how far Hasbro has come and still has to go to give us a complete Star Wars Character Universe.

Oh, and one more thing....Sorry to ask so much, but it's free, so why not? :rolleyes: To avoid the necessity of having to cross-reference some pretty obscure names that will undoubtedly show up on the lists, could you please include a brief description of where that character appeared in the film(s) and what he/she looks like?

What?! Like you have something better to do? ;)

Thanks a ton!

Turbowars
12-13-2002, 06:59 PM
No.

Dar' Argol
12-13-2002, 07:02 PM
Man stillakid . . . . . you don't aks for much, do ya?? This should be a very LARGE, impressive list if someone can come up with it:eek:.

Beast
12-13-2002, 07:12 PM
I have pretty detailed lists in a notebook, from watching the films and cross refrencing the charecters with the Decipher card games. It would take me an awful long time to get everything typed up, but I could give it a shot. I wouldn't be able to post them all at once though.

I would need probably a minimum of a week per film, to ensure I have every charecter and then to cross refrence the ones with known names. The biggest problem is the uber obscure background charecters, especially humans. Those are pretty much not worth listing, unless they are unique in someway that makes them stand out. Generic Human #69 and Generic Human #98 are pretty obscure sorts of things. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
12-13-2002, 07:48 PM
Emperor Jargo made some pretty definitive lists a while back:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13300
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12361
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13298

I think you'll find those fairly detailed.

Beast
12-13-2002, 08:18 PM
Thanks for digging those up, Rogue II. And thanks to E.J. for typing them up in the first place. Saves some wear and tear on my fingers. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
12-14-2002, 11:12 PM
Yeah, I know it's a lot to ask for. I was just hoping that maybe someone had already completed this project, judging by the numerous "want" lists I see pop up from time to time.

Thanks in advance to whomever completes it first! :)

Banthaholic
12-15-2002, 01:52 AM
Emperor Jargo, those lists are mighty impressive. Thank you for taking the time!

Jargo
12-15-2002, 05:19 AM
I sadly have far too much time on my hands..... I wouldn't say they were definitive, I missed tons of my lists simply because they were so obscure. Such as third Mos Espa citizen that walks past in the scene where..... and stuff like that. I think stillakid is being a little too optimistic. I also think he's being lazy and should have a go himself. :)

stillakid
12-15-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I sadly have far too much time on my hands..... I wouldn't say they were definitive, I missed tons of my lists simply because they were so obscure. Such as third Mos Espa citizen that walks past in the scene where..... and stuff like that. I think stillakid is being a little too optimistic. I also think he's being lazy and should have a go himself. :)

Well, that's true! I could do this myself, but as I say for the third time, I was hoping that perhaps someone already had completed this project judging by the numerous lists that pop up on the site. :)

But I didn't truly expect to have "the third Mos Espa citizen" and the like on the list. :rolleyes: I mean honestly, you didn't really believe that did you?

But a character like Ephont Man is just as "unimportant" to the list of characters as, say, "the third Mos Espa citizen from the left in scene whatever." Neither have lines and both just stand there looking at the principal action. But the distinction, I thought, was clearly obvious. There I go again, assuming too much... I'll try to be c...r...y...s...t...a...l clear from now on.. :)

Jargo
12-15-2002, 10:43 AM
Well, taking an acid attitude isn't going to illicit any help is it. :zzz:

stillakid
12-15-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Well, taking an acid attitude isn't going to illicit any help is it. :zzz:

Well, no. But I couldn't understand the acidic response I was getting to the request either. :confused: I had admitted that it was a big request, a lot to ask for, and that I was hoping that it was something that had already been completed. Calling me "lazy" in this particular circumstance seemed a little uncalled for. Plus, I figured that it was rather understood that minor "extras" weren't necessary for the list which is why I didn't even bring it up in the initial post. But, as I've continually been reminded here at SSG, it's folly to assume even the slightest thing.

So, to spell it out, I just thought it might be nice for everyone here (not just me) to have a "definitive list" of onscreen "Primary" characters, characters with onscreen names, characters onscreen that have dialogue or who are spoken directly to who do not have names, assorted aliens and droids who fall into either of those categories and/or who are recognizable enough onscreen to merit an action figure of their own.

This does not include minor to insignificant background extras or characters whose appearance is not unique enough to draw attention to themselves or suggest a need for an action figure.

Then that could be used as a master checklist to see what Hasbro has created and what possibilities are left over.

Thanks for understanding. :)

stillakid
01-25-2003, 12:58 AM
Ok, I've started this project on my own. Lots of time constraints, so I have no idea how long it will take, but hopefully it won't take too long. Stay tuned for updates...

Banthaholic
01-25-2003, 01:07 AM
sounds exciting, can't wait to see your results

stillakid
01-25-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Banthaholic
sounds exciting, can't wait to see your results

Thanks! Me too.

Tycho
01-28-2003, 02:41 AM
Stillakid, please empty out your private message mailbox so I can reply.

I am doing so here.

The best online resource I know of for pictures and names of all the characters is Red Six's - the guy that got us the Jek Porkins figure! (http://web.qx.net/red6/)

Go into his Encyclopedia pages and turn your speakers up - there are beautifully rendered computerized tunes from all across Star Wars' soundtracks that highlight each group of characters.

With one victory under his belt (Porkins) - and check out the Porkins campaign memorial site, it brings a tear to my eye, Big Red is going on to prove Red FIVE's statement in ANH that "Nothing's impossible!" His petition for "The Ice Cream Maker Guy" from Bespin's Cloud City challenges Hasbro's sanity and their dedication to the collectors with about THE most obscure character you could find. I signed on for the ICMG and hope all of you would. (Variations say he's got Mr. Coffee instead of an Ice Cream Maker - but Hasbro could always do 2 cards for this figure, or a re-release, depending upon licensing rights for Mr. Coffee and what the heck that thing he's carrying really was...)

Meanwhile, to say it's already been done is an understatement, and Red Six has been an invaluable resource for learning all the background characters and finding poll suggestions for things like our Cantina Aliens run-off, Jabba's Palace Favorites, and the recent Galactic Senate poll I did.

I'd planned to poll on Rebel Officers, Imperial ones, and more, but held off when I'd been tipped to the Fan Choice 5 offerings, and finally Antilles and Dodonna can come off our demand lists!

Meanwhile, Rollo Tomassi from our forums (where has he disappeared to?) had done some really awesome lists in our forums already, which I printed and used to check off our two recent rebel victors. I'll dig into my files if someone else doesn't find it first, and give you the URL.

My suggestion for the moderator of this forum, is to get a definative "yet to be made" list that is always update-able and post it as a sticky at the top of our forums.

That'd it be cool!

stillakid
03-07-2003, 01:09 AM
Okay, for anyone who is interested, I have completed the Episode IV: ANH portion of the "list."

I've got a couple problems though that maybe someone out there can help me solve.

The first is the use of pictures. I've taken frames from the films themselves to illustrate the various characters and multiple "looks" (where applicable). So long as the site remains non-profit, I don't think I'll run into any kind of copyright problem.

But to illustrate the figures that were made for each character, I built the site using the archive photos of carded figures from SSG. To reduce the overall site size, I have linked directly to the archive photos as opposed to including them in the site itself. Steve is not allowing this to happen for two reasons I'm told. The first is that he has set an arbitrary 10 photo limit for use. Obviously that won't work at all. The second is that he doesn't want his bandwidth used in that way (even though it would actually drive people to SSG...I don't know, you figure it out).

Anyway, the other problem has to do with the first, and that is server space. Because I can't use SSG's copyrighted photos (copyrighted photos of retail product? I don't know, you tell me), to really help make this idea useful, I'd need my own photos of carded figures and toys (which would look amazingly like the SSG versions :rolleyes: ). I have almost all the figures yet made, but they are loose. Even if I did photograph them all, those photos would have to live as part of the site itself. Without the toy photos, the site (just one movie) is around 11MB. With toy photos included, it is around 30 MB. Multiply that by 5 movies and you see the problem. To stay out of copyright problems with using the movie frames, the site can't use advertising.

My current ISP charges $1 per MB of server space. If I manage to win the Lottery this week, I might just fork over the $150 a month to put the site on the web.

So I'm open for suggestions on how to get this site up and running without stepping on anyone's toes. Just to summarize:

Can't use advertising if I want to use movie photos, so no support that way.

Can't use SSG archive photos...just because.

For a limited example of what the site can look like, Private Message me and I'll send you the link so you can check it out for yourself. If no good solution can be found, I'll just enjoy it in the comfort of my own home. :cool:

stillakid
03-07-2003, 02:50 AM
Oh, and just to clarify, while the text lists are nice and all, the primary difference is that mine is entirely visual. Seriously, it does a collector little good to see a list of names like

TZIZVVT
REEGESK
MELAS
DANNIK JERRIKO
RYCAR RYJERD
HRCHEK KAL FAS
SAITTOR KAL FAS
YERKA MIG

and make any sense out of it without visiting another site or digging out a book or two to find out just who (or what) these things are. So, just imagine all the photos you find at Red 6 coupled with photos of the action figures that have been fashioned from them (or not, as is the case with many aliens and Padme dresses). In a nutshell, that's what I've created. Let me know what you think. :)

stillakid
03-07-2003, 05:22 PM
To make my life a little easier, here is the link to the site.

Although the ANH portion is complete, I have only put up a very limited amount just for the sake of example. Go to the bottom and click on Star Wars. Then click on Han Solo in the character list. That'll bring up the main page. You can guess what the rest of the site looks like based on that. :)

http://home.socal.rr.com/dzyakcom/progressreport/prindex.htm

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Never saw the Han Solo thingy.....

stillakid
03-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Teeska Mon Eebon
Never saw the Han Solo thingy.....

:confused: When you click on the STAR WARS box (outlined in purple) at the very bottom, it brings up a character list.

2-1B
03-07-2003, 10:00 PM
Cool, I was able to find Han Solo. :cool:

I like the setup, but could you save space by using smaller pics?
Not sure if that would help enough . . .

Either way, I think it's a cool approach to just go through the entire film and screen cap the entire thing! :)
That way, you can go through it all chronologically and not relay on amassing pics from other sources.

Good luck !

stillakid
03-08-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Cool, I was able to find Han Solo. :cool:

I like the setup, but could you save space by using smaller pics?
Not sure if that would help enough . . .

Either way, I think it's a cool approach to just go through the entire film and screen cap the entire thing! :)
That way, you can go through it all chronologically and not relay on amassing pics from other sources.

Good luck !

Hey, thanks!

Strange, this idea doesn't seem to be getting the kind of interest I thought it would. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know who RYCAR RYJERD is without significant research. :sur:

If nothing else, I'll have it for myself. Just thought the general collecting populace would like to be kept abreast of what Hasbro "owes" and what they've accomplished already. Guess not. And SSG doesn't seem overly interested in seeing this idea go public either. Weird. :(

Anyway, does anyone know how to get in touch with the RED 6 guys? I can't find a contact link on their site anywhere.

fourtwo
03-09-2003, 04:24 AM
the majority of the links are broken.

stillakid
03-09-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by fourtwo
the majority of the links are broken.

Uh, yeah. I mentioned that above. The site you see is merely for the sake of example as SSG won't allow me to use their archive photos. To put the entire site online would require permission from SSG plus significant server space...all sans advertising because of the movie frames.

OCB
03-10-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
With one victory under his belt (Porkins) - and check out the Porkins campaign memorial site, it brings a tear to my eye, Big Red is going on to prove Red FIVE's statement in ANH that "Nothing's impossible!" His petition for "The Ice Cream Maker Guy" from Bespin's Cloud City challenges Hasbro's sanity and their dedication to the collectors with about THE most obscure character you could find. I signed on for the ICMG and hope all of you would. (Variations say he's got Mr. Coffee instead of an Ice Cream Maker - but Hasbro could always do 2 cards for this figure, or a re-release, depending upon licensing rights for Mr. Coffee and what the heck that thing he's carrying really was...)

Point of clarification here, I am the originator of the petition for the ICMG...Red 6 is a key supporter ;) Just taking credit where credit is due.

And stillakid, I applaud your efforts here. We recently but together an evolving list of figures which have not yet been made but had lines in the movie for the OT over at Rebelscum...I still haven't fully edited it yet but we are getting close.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005537

stillakid
03-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by OCB
Point of clarification here, I am the originator of the petition for the ICMG...Red 6 is a key supporter ;) Just taking credit where credit is due.

And stillakid, I applaud your efforts here. We recently but together an evolving list of figures which have not yet been made but had lines in the movie for the OT over at Rebelscum...I still haven't fully edited it yet but we are getting close.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=005537

Thanks! My list of the same is nearly complete...only with pictures to go with it. :)

(too damn bad I can't actually put it online anywhere)

OCB
03-11-2003, 10:01 AM
Hey stillakid...check your PM's ;)

And we have pictures there too for the most part linked to Red 6 ;)