PDA

View Full Version : John Ratzenberger

Jek Porky 2002
12-14-2002, 03:07 PM
The other day I was reading an article about Chears, that said John Ratzenberger, who played Cliff, and was also General Willard in ESB, is one of the hottest cartoon voice over stars, and I was just wondering what things he's in, because his voice is so familiar, anyone?

Dar Basra
12-14-2002, 04:21 PM
Pixar seems to like him:

Hamm (the piggy bank) - Toy Story 1 & 2
Yeti - Monsters, Inc.
PT Flea - A Bug's Life

Edit: IMdB also has him listed as a voice in the upcoming Finding Nemo. and some other Japanese movie

Pendo
12-14-2002, 04:40 PM
Slightly off topic, but John Ratzenberger shares the same birthday as one of the greatest and smartest men alive :p...

...Billy Dee Williams :p!!!

Oh yeah, and me too ;).

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
12-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Colt 45 works every time!

LTBasker
12-15-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
was also General Willard in ESB

Don't know what you were reading, but he was Major Bren Derlin in ESB.

Ratzenberger has also been on:
One Drew Carey Live episode - He tries to take over the show.
The Disney live-action movie about the Pennsylvania Coal Miners.
Superman 1 - Main missile control guy
and I think he was a NASA Operator in Superman 2 but I haven't checked that out, it looks like him but it doesn't sound like him when he speaks.

JediTricks
12-15-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
John Ratzenberger... is one of the hottest cartoon voice over stars HA! What a crock, look at people like Gary Chalk, Charles Napier, David Kaye, Gregg Berger, Scott McNeil, or especially Frank Welker (http://us.imdb.com/Name?Welker,+Frank) - these guys WORK as VO artists, Ratzenberger has done a handful of cartoons, pretty much NOTHING in comparison to Welker.

2-1B
03-05-2010, 10:06 PM
JT, I had no idea Charles Napier did voiceover work...to me he's always been Murdock (from Rambo, not A-Team) and the cop from The Cable Guy.

Ratzenberger was also the voice of Pitney Bowes.